Dinner

Who Would You Pick 2

Yuri's POV

 

I woke up when I heard my phone vibrating on my nightstand. I look at it and groaned.

 

She is getting annoying..

 

I got up from my bed and went to wash my face. After I changed into my work clothes, I walked out and went into the kitchen for my juice. I saw that Sooyoung and Jessica is not up yet. I walked to Jessica's room and didn't see her. Then I walked to Sooyoung's room and smiled to myself.

 

Sooyoung was holding onto Jessica for dear life and Jessica was the same. I can tell Sooyoung was in pain but she didn't want to let Jessica go even when she is sleeping and in pain. I quietly closed the door and giggled to myself. I knew Sooyoung like Jessica a long time ago. It was obivous but not to the Ice Princess. Sooyoung would drag Jessica everywhere we would go when we were younger. She would say that she don't want to clean up a 'mess' but in reality, she was scared to leave Jessica alone at the hellhole we called home. Sooyoung wouldn't tell Jessica though because she thinks that Jessica likes me and vice versa.

I don't like Jessica in that sense and I never will. Sooyoung seems confident in herself on the outside but with her feelings, she is insecure. I was hoping to make Sooyoung jealous by acting sweet towards Sica to make her realize she need to make a move or else she gonna regret it. I'm not gonna steal Sica away from Sooyoung but someone else might.

 

I left a little note for them to tell them that I'm off to work. I grabbed my things and left.

 

Jessica's POV

 

I don't want to get up. This is the most comfortable I have been since forever. I knew I have to wake up or else I'm gonna be late. I opened my eyes and was momentarily scared from the different surroundings. I then rememebered that I wasn't in my room but in Sooyoung's. I looked up to and saw her face in a frown. I realized that half of my body was on hers and I was the source of her pain. I gently lift myself up but I ended up waking up Sooyoung.

 

"I'm sorry...for hurting you last night..."

 

"What you talking about? I'm fine.."

 

"Your face says otherwise." Sooyoung tried to get up but Jessica pushed her down instead.

 

" You're going to stay at home today and rest up. No ands, ifs and buts about it. I will check up on you once in a while when I'm at the library. Now sleep."

 

Jessica then tucked Sooyoung in bed and left. Sooyoung knew better to argue so she laid there and then slowly drift back to sleep.

 

Jessica's POV

 

"Ugh, why can't people put the books back in the same place that they find it? Its not that hard to do the alphabet in your head and count some numbers to see where the books go.."

 

"then us as librarians would be out of a job."  A voice behind her heard her ranting. Jessica rolled her eyes.

 

"Our job is to help people pick good books to read, not to clean up after their mess because they decide to be inconsiderate."

 

The voice then laughed and showed me her eye smile. She walked up to me and put her hands on my shoulder.

 

"Come on, Jessica; Its not that bad. Hurry up. We got to open up soon." 

 

I finished my cart of forgotten books and walked to the front door to turn the sign. Through out the day, it was busy.

 

I guess people decided to read today.. I thought while I was checking out books from left to right without stopping. Then I remembered..it was exams week at a nearby school. All the students is cramming for their tests so they won't fail.

 

"I need to check up on Sooyoung.." I scanned the last book and went to the back. I took out my phone and dialled Sooyoung's number. I memorized Sooyoung's and Yuri's numbers by heart because Sooyoung says that if something happen and I have no communication, then I could maybe borrow a phone & call either of them for help.

 

RING RING

 

"Hello?"

 

"Are you feeling better?"
 

"Yeah, much better.."

 

"Being sarcastic is not a likable trait, Sooyoung.."

 

"Who said I have to be like?"

 

"Ugh, whatever; Did you eat the breakfast I made for you yet? If you haven't then remember to heat it up cause it would be cold by now.."

 

"Yes, mother.. I ate breakfast already and now I'm watching TV.."

 

"Don't watch the cooking channel to much..you might get hungry & eat the whole fridge.."
 

 

"YAH! "  Then I heard Sooyoung inhaled in sharply..She is still in pain.

 

"I'm kidding; just rest up okay? I'll be home around 7. Bye.." I clicked. I looked at the clock and it was 5PM. I went to the front to see if we have any people left. Now it look like a ghost town. There's only some students left. I went to back to my previous job which is putting the books back on the shelfs. By the time I finished, it was six thirty. I decided to closed early since there is no one left.

 

"Yah, I'm leaving now so remember to lock up." I saw my coworker getting ready to leave also

 

"Oh, what time is it?"

 

"Its 6:30PM; Why?"

 

"Oh, good; I'm gonna order take out when I get home and read some of the new books that came in."

 

"Take out? You know how much oil is in those take out food? Why don't you cook?"

 

"I can't..cook." She shyly look away.

 

"You want to eat at my house?"

 

"Uhh, is that okay?"

 

"Well, my friends usually eat for 5 people but I'm sure there is some food left for you at the dinner table."

 

"Haha, okay; I would love too." She flashed her eyesmile again. We both locked up and went towards my house for dinner. I went my my apartment door step and opened it. I saw Sooyoung and Yuri on the couch fighting over a bag of chips; Sooyoung had Yuri by the throat and Yuri had her legs against Sooyoung's chest from letting Sooyoung choking her any further. They both look at me when I opened the door.

 

"YAH! You guys couldn't wait for dinner so killing each other was an option??"

 

'SHE STARTED IT!" They both said it at the same time while pointing and glaring at each other.

 

"Yah, its my chips!"

 

"I saw it though! You didn't put your name on it!" They keep on bantering back and forth and it made me totally forgot that we have a guest.

 

"GUYS! Shut up! We have a guest."

 

"Pretty guest too. Hi, I'm Kwon Yuri and the chips' snatcher is Choi Sooyoung" After Yuri's introduction, Sooyoung smacked her in the arm. My coworker flashed her eyesmile while laughing at the silly best friends that I have..

 

"Hi, I'm Tiffany Hwang.."