My Turn to Take Care of You

Who Would You Pick 2

Jessica's POV

 

"I'll protect you.."

 

Those words made me calmed down and I returned to my normal self which cause me to slapped Sooyoung in the arm.

 

"YAH! What was that for?! i just saved you!"

 

"Where were you? You know I was worried sick about you!"

 

"I'm here now, ain't I? Gosh, this is what I get for saving you.."

 

I winced at what she said and felt guilty. She did save me and I repay her by hitting her. I was about to say sorry but she turned away and was walking towards home. I just sliently follow behind her. When we got home, we saw Yuri pacing back and forth in the living room. Her eyes widen when she saw us. She ran over to me and hugged me. She then look up and down to see I was okay. I can sense Sooyoung tensing up a bit for some reason.

 

"Where were you guys? I woke up to use to resstroom and saw your bedrooms--Sooyoung, what happened to your hands? Its bleeding."

 

I looked at Sooyoung's hands and it was bleeding. It couldn't be from the guy beccause Sooyoung dodged every hit that the guy try to land on her.

 

"Remind me to buy boxing tape for class tomorrow." Sooyoung turned around and walked into her room. Like before, the door slammed shut. Yuri look at me and asked what happened.

 

"Nothing, I'm going to bed." I went into my room and took a shower. I wanted to get that guy's smell off of me. I climbed into to bed and try to sleep but I couldn't. For some reason I was restless. After debating for 10 minutes, I decided to go to Sooyoung's room. I saw there was still light under her door. I walked in and was stunned.

==========================================================================================

Sooyoung's POV

 

I hate it when I see Yuri being closed to Jessica. I seriously don't hate Yuri. She is like a sister to me. Even though we seem like we can't stand each other, we will be there for each other.  I just hate the concept of Yuri being with Jessica. I took a shower and sat on my bed. I look at my knuckles and cursed at myself.

 

"Should've put on tape.."

 

I was practicing on the wooden dummy and it got backfired. Ususally, I don't need the tape but going 5 hours straight was stupid. The wood ate away my skin and now my knuckles look raw and ugly. I opened my drawer and got out cleaning materials. I tend to go overboard with practice so I buy these things ahead just in case. I was about to clean my hands when I heard a gasp at the door. I saw Jessica, stunned at what she is seeing.

 

dang it.

 

Jessica may seems cold at times but she is very caring and affectionate towards her friends. I remember one time when I was working 3 jobs in order to have money to pay for the rent. I missed the bus to the other job location and walked in the rain. I got sick the next day and was in bed for 5 days. I wanted to go to work but Jessica stopped me and made me stayed at home. I agrued with her saying that we need money or else we gonna sleep outside. She didn't budge. She cooked and took care of me. She was also working. When she leaves for work, she would call our neighbor to check up on me at her workplace. Jessica walked over to me and stared at my hands. She then took the cleaning materials and started to clean my wounds.

 

"I can do it by--" I tried to snatch back the materials but she move my hands away.

 

"Shut up."

 

She start to dab the cotton balls in the alcohol and gently cleaned my cuts. She would look at me once in a while to see if she was hurting me or not. It hurt like heck but I kept a straight face. She then wrapped up my hands and look at my arms and shoulder. She saw bruises so she went into my drawer and get out the massaging oil.

[that green medication oil used for aches and joint pain if you guys don't know what I'm talking about]

She start massaging my arms and shoulders. I was on the verge of tears from the pain. I bit my lips from screaming.

 

"You don't have to do this, you know."

 

"What part of 'shut up' don't you get?" I shut my mouth after that.

 

When she finished, she went into the restroom to wash her hands and to throw away the dirty cotton balls. She walked out and sat on my bed. She was looking at the floor while I look at the ceiling.

 

"I'm sorry. I know that you were mad at me and that's why you took out your anger at the gym but please...be careful. Don't add damage onto your body when you're mad esp. when its on my account. I honestly don't know why you're mad at me but please, I hate seeing you get hurt."

 

I sat there, listening to her apology. She was on the verge of crying but she held it in.

 

"Am I still shutting up or can I talk now?"

 

"You can talk now.."
 

" I should be the one apologizing. I should have came home earlier. You wouldn't be harassed if you didn't went out to look for me. So, I'm sorry, Sica." She smiled at me.

 

"You haven't call me 'Sica' in a long time, Sooyoungie.."

 

"You haven't call me 'Sooyoungie' well, never."

 

"I thought you wouldn't like it."

 

"I do."

 

We sat there for a while, just in our own world. I look at the clock and saw that it was almost 4 in the morning.

 

"You need to go to sleep. You have work tomorrow." I look at Jessica and she was fidgeting.

 

"I can't sleep in my room..C-can I- sleepwithyouinstead?"

 

"What did you say?" I heard her perfectly but I couldn't believe my ears so I wanted her to say it again.

 

"I said, can I sleep with you?"

 

"Okay"

 

We climbed into bed after I turned off the light. My bed never felt so good to my aching body before and Jessica being with me makes it better. I was about to drift off to sleep when I felt a weight shift on the bed and Jessica ended up on my side of the bed.

 

"Can I hug you to sleep? I'm kinda scare of the dark.." She asked me shyly and I chuckled. I know that she sleeps with a nightlight in her room.

 

"Yeah.." I winced when she snuggled to me and hugged me. i inhaled sharply from the muscle pain.

 

"Pabo..why would you say yes if you're gonna be in pain.."

 

"Because I told you that I would protect you from anything even if its from the dark." I look at her and she looked at me then looked into my neck.

 

"okay..night, Sooyounige.." Jessica closed her eyes and I can feel her breathing slowed down to an even rate. She was asleep.

 

"Night, Sica.."