SEVEN

Overdose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(약의 적량 초과) SEVEN

This chapter contains swear words.

Sumin POV:

I had no clue what those numbers meant at first but as the minutes passed by, I realized that it was a warning. I tried to make myself believe that it was nothing at first, but for some reason as the minutes went by my body become less of my own. I didn’t know how nor why but when I finally fixed my blurry gaze on my surroundings after what seemed ages of day dreaming, I had to stagger back when I saw my sister’s grave. I have been seeing my sister’s grave more often in my nightmares but actually standing right in front of it… was a bitter sweet moment to say the least.

It was becoming dark, the warm and glorious star named sun was setting down. It was breath taking to see just how quickly darkness won the battle. Yet it was terrifying being able to imagine that it could swollen us up whole, the what felt like a nice early winter evening soon become harsh slapping reality. I was alive but for how long?

I felt the harsh wind violently trash past me not providing any mercy as the unfortunate almost bare tree next to my sister’s grave was attacked, the few still attached leaves falling over the gravestone after wind conceded by, making few of my hair strands cover my face. I must have looked like the girl from the ring with my jet black hair over my face whilst standing in front of my sister’s grave, her grave did not seem to have aged a bit, almost as if it was stuck on the same day four years ago. The day when my sister was buried here. My families sobbing still rang clear, those angry gazes directed at me like real daggers but yet fake comforting words leaving all of their months. They never felt sorry for me, they all secretly wished that it was me instead of Yejin that drown in that car.

Flashing lights…

Lights…

Eyes…

Oh Sehun eyes appeared in my memory of Yejin’s burial. Luhan’s mouth. I felt myself going dizzy with all the madness that my brain was dealing that moment. They weren’t there but yet my memories seem to be saying otherwise, that in fact those two demon’s indeed showed their presence during that day.

Yejin swirling her car wheel trying desperately to avoid upcoming car, it all felt far too real and I did not want to relive that horrible moment. I felt deep down that those memories where trying to somehow communicate an important message but it was all far too painful to deal with. What did Oh Sehun and Luhan have to do with my sister’s death?

My body was strangely feeling really hot compared to the weather outside, if I didn’t know better I would think I was having a terrible fever, the thirst was beginning to become unbearable but for some reason I wasn’t thirsty for water. I needed something, something different that I couldn’t pinpoint. I was back to feeling hopeless, my mind wandering off to the ed up fantasy world that I was part of few hours ago, or maybe I was just imagining it all. I had no clue anymore, I couldn’t differentiate between what was real or what wasn’t real; perhaps I somehow managed to get so drunk to the point that I ended up at home, too ed up to function and had that terrible nightmare? But the sharp almost stinging pain on my wrist made me think otherwise.

20:59:59

 

I couldn’t hold my breath anymore when those evil red numbers flashed against my skin, I knew I was running out of time but I had no clue what it meant. Was I going to die? Or maybe be dragged into Luminosum once more? But why did I suddenly come back home? At first I thought that perhaps the spirits that I met had something to do with it but as the time went on, it all felt far too easy and childlike. I bit onto my dry bottom lip, digging my teeth harshly against it as my headache was coming back to me in full swing. I needed more time to think, to lay down and rest. I couldn’t function in such circumstances at all. There were far too many questions running a marathon in my brain. I lingered my gaze on the name engraved into the stone, Yejin Kim. I didn’t know why my feet decided to take me back here, maybe it was the fact that I missed her so dearly. I felt that if she was there with me, I could be stronger but when my mind really began to try and put the puzzle pieces together, my sister’s face showed up. Why was there a woman who looked exactly like my sister displayed in Luhan’s room? All the other faces that seemed to belong to a woman where crossed out but for some reason he kept one. Only one. A ring, his ring was still burning in my vision even when I only saw it so briefly, my heart began to pound against my ribcage, that ring was something special and sickening feeling was already making its way up my throat. What did my dead sister have to do with Luminosum, especially Luhan?

There was something hidden, something that did not make any sense. My sister was dead, and when she was alive she never told anyone about the possibility of being abducted like what Sehun did to me. She didn’t disappear for a long period of time so it wasn’t possible. But where there really for some reason an unknown woman with my sister’s face involved in the whole demon underworld? Because even in my mind I found it hysterical.

My view suddenly got really dark, almost as if someone covered my eyes and my heart dropped. Was there someone beside me? I couldn’t feel anyone’s presence but I wasn’t sure if I was in the right mind to even begin functioning. I let out a shaky gasp when I felt cold hand press against my shoulder, the pad of their fingers gently brushing against my exposed skin, trailing the outlines of my tattoo and I was beginning to panic. Because there was someone touching me in the middle of the graveyard, and I was officially going crazy since I swear to god I just heard Sehun’s voice.

“Don’t you dare listen or turn your back to see.” I heard an unfamiliar voice sound, it sounded like it belonged to a male. An old male. “He just wants to drag you back sooner, don’t let him look into your eyes.” I couldn’t stop shaking, I wasn’t sure if it was the fact that my baggy hoodie managed to slip off my shoulder, or the wind. Or maybe the fact that I was hearing voices and yet I was too scared to disobey orders.

“Sehun is trying to reach out to you, must have gotten his beloved daddy to track you down.” I felt the back of my hairs stand up, if whatever that voice was saying was true than I was being caressed by Sehun this very moment, and perhaps being watched by all of his little gang, including his father. I wanted to snort at the suggestion of Sehun’s father getting involved with me, last time I checked they all had to tip toe around him in order to keep my identity hidden – they couldn’t let him realize that I wasn’t a true dark blooded freak, or in fact that I was even there.

“W-who are you?” I finally managed to whisper out, unsure if it was all in my head or both of those people were standing behind me, either way it was enough scare to last me a lifetime. I felt who I assumed was Sehun’s hold loosen, it was a surprise that I didn’t hear any of his sarc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter