FOUR

Overdose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(약의 적량 초과) FOUR

Sumin POV:

I was holding a bouquet that was consisted of bunch bright and colourful flowers. The Peruvian lilies where shining out of excitement as they showed up their flirtatious bloom and playfulness. I tighten up the grip of the flowers as anticipation filled my body “Careful with those flowers Sumin.” I heard my father’s tired yet strong voice ring clearly over the wind. I quickly swallowed my nervous saliva as I took a quick glance at my father who was standing beside me, wearing his most prestigious suit - the suit was in midnight blue with a thin green windowpane pattern. Single ed, but with peaked lapels, along with handmade buttonholes and functional cuff buttons, give the garment away as bespoke. The shirt was white, with lavender stripes running up it. The tie was deep purple, solid and sleek, tied with an impeccable, effortless dimple. His pocket square was colourful and vibrant, yet tasteful. His tired face was beginning to lose the fight with age as small wrinkles where establishing close to near his eyes and forehead.

But the joy and pried that he took in this suit masked those wrinkles as his face was covered with a huge proud grin, it looked as if those wrinkles only appeared for the time being. His excitement that morning to finally have another worthy occasion to take out his beloved suit was over the top but I didn’t blame him, this day was one of the most special days ever for us all. The high school graduation of my oldest sister, sister that got top marks and received the place in her dream university of arts. My role model, Yejin.

I saw my mother nervously fidgeting with the disposable camera trying to figure out how to work it out. Her long black hair cascaded down her back like a waterfall of oil. It swayed gently over the thin, black material that clung to her skin, outlining the impressive curves of her body. At that moment my mother didn’t look like she was in her late fortunes what so ever, and for some reason I begin to feel slightly jealous, the older woman in our household where extraordinary beauties while I was stuck as the odd one out, with my shoulder length hair, my short height and none-make up face. I just didn’t fit in.

My mother’s dress draped casually over her shoulders, but flared out at the bottom, she looked amazing and I knew that I wasn’t the only one who thought that, the wanting glances from the single gentleman surrounding us where enough prove for us all. I heard some commotion going on in the distance as curiosity appeared within me, I was about to run around the corner to see what was going on but stopped when I saw a group of high school graduates appear, within the large sea of them stood a cheerful, most beautiful girl of them all. Yejin.

“Yejin! Over here!” I shouted at her, I saw her turning away from the conversation that she was having with a small group of guys and girls before flashing me a honest smile, I felt so proud and happy to see her finally starting a new chapter in her life. I was just proud overall to have such an amazing sister. Her long wavy cascading lock where shining like a waterfall, the thick jet black hair that just falls below her mid-back, she quickly apologized to her friends before making her way over to us. My father quickly nudged my shoulder as I then begin to make my way to meet her half way, I heard my mother taking few pictures of Yejin as I then stopped right in-front of her before passing her the bouquet of flowers that I was treasuring for the past half an hour with all my life.

Yejin gladly accepted them before giving me quick peck on the cheek, I heard my mother bursting into tears as she was taking pictures of this special day, my father made his way over to us before giving my sister a big hug and an envelope that was quite full, I didn’t need to be told what was inside it, as it was obvious that he was very generous with his money. “This is a good luck charm from us all, use it wisely and make sure to always call us.” He said quickly, it seemed as if he was slowly stumbling over his words as he tried to keep his tears from appearing.

“Dad you didn’t have to, I know that I’m moving into dorms but I am still going to visit you all like every other week.” Yejin mumbled as she held onto flowers and envelop, her small and fragile hands being completed filled. “Oh darling you have grown up so quickly, I just wish that this trouble maker over here will follow your footsteps now that she will be entering high school.” My mother stated as she had no shame to put me down once again, I quietly bit onto my lips as my gaze moved down to the ground. I had the most amazing family, that was right but I was just a huge bolder compared to them all. I wasn’t smart like my father, I wasn’t beautiful like my mother and I was surely not popular or as nice as Yejin. I felt my sister gently place her hand on-top of my head as she playfully ruffled my hair, when I had enough will power to not burst into tears and look straight at her, A loud scream left my lips.

I was faced with my sister, just not the lively one but the image of her that I saw when she died beside me. Her forehead was bleeding, the flowers that she was holding in her hands where long gone dead, her eyes where completely empty – replacing her beautiful chocolate brown ones. She stared straight at me for a while before her hands let go of the dead flowers, I saw the flowers that where filled with colour few seconds ago hit the floor before turning into dust, I realised that I wasn’t at the front of the school anymore, I was standing at the graveyard, right in-front of the tombstone of my sisters grave. While my dead sister was quietly watching me, I wanted to cry and scream once again but my body was too shocked emotionally to do anything whatsoever.

“You killed me Sumin.” I heard her what was once beautiful voice say, it was icy and cold and the death itself, I opened my mouth to say something to defend myself but no words came out of my mouth. Perhaps those years that I spent blaming myself for her death, for our family breaking apart was something that will never disappear. “It was your fault.”

I felt my tears escaping my eyes as those shameless tears covered my pale face, simple tears quickly turned into horrible sobs as her words stang hard. “You deserve to go through all the suffering just like I did.” I felt my legs go weak as I quickly dropped onto my knees, my vision failing completely as it was obstructed by my loud sobs. I hated myself so much, I wanted to just disappear at that moment and forget about those horrible nightmares completely but life wasn’t like that.

I took a deep shaky breath, as my hands sloppily wiped my tears away, hiding the shame that I had before my gaze that was filled with determination, determination to ask forgives of my sister myself made their way. But when my gaze connected with a person that was standing in-front of me, I felt as if the whole world got swept out of my reach. Oh Sehun was standing right there instead. “Welcome to your hell.”

Everything went black as my vision completely gave out, I felt my body hit something hard, the side of my forehead throbbed out of pain and I felt something roll down my face, I wasn’t sure if it was rain, tears or worse…blood. My senses completely giving up on me before I was knocked out completely.

It was strange, I was sure that I was completely out of it but for some reason I could still hear things that were happening in-front of me. “Do you think she is going to wake up this time?” I heard unfamiliar voic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter