ONE

Overdose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(약의 적량 초과) ONE

Sumin POV:

When I finally woke up from the trance that seemed to take over me I was welcomed by a house that was surrounded by deep thunder cracks and sharp lightening. My heart began to race with each time I heard the thunder. My back hair standing up when I felt someone’s cold breath against my skin. I quickly turned around to that direction but was only greeted by dark solitary emptiness, it took me a while to notice that I began to lose my breath due to hyperventilating too much - as I tried to remember how I managed to get there I noticed the lights in windows began to flicker many times in a second, it was as if it was counting my heart beat. Whoever was there, no if anyone was there they definitely had their mind set to frightening me, ensuring that I know whose property I stepped on and that I was certainly not welcome – and won’t ever be welcome here.

 A loud laughter was heard in the empty wind field sending goose bumps all over my body. “Tick tock, your times is running out.” That voice whispered making my body extremely tense. His words lingering in the cold air as my mind tried to figure them out. I figured that I was only dreaming and there was no reason to feel so worried and scared however, it didn’t explain the fact why it felt all so real? I could hear all the whispers so clearly; it frightened me knowing that actually I could possibly even have such a dream to this kind of extent.

Lighting struck again lightening the whole area of the house. Chipped wood pieces laid everywhere and the broken down door laid on the right side of the house, covered by dark brown muck. The door laid slowly sinking, being eaten by the ground surrounding it, feeling of extreme discomfort took over me as all of my senses began to work in one place trying to guard me from whatever was coming next. The shutters were twirling off the hinges and the house seemed as if it was in sepia. The wind groaned through the dirty windows and the upper window slammed repeatedly, just as it was about to shut again I saw someone’s pale face; it was that guy. By the time I blinked my eyes to try in getting a better view he was long gone.

Rain pounded down on the valley shielding the almost dismembered house. Thunder cracked once again and the old, forgotten house let out a moan as if it was being tortured. A sudden realisation hit me as that guy’s image ran in my mind. It was him that boy that I met today; he was the one who was waiting for me at the other side of the road that lead to the empty fields. My head began to throb due to the sudden pain but I tried to shake it off and focus on remembering how the hell I got here.

“And who do we have here?” I heard unfamiliar voice say behind me as I quickly turned around to face that guy. He was older than the one that I met not long ago as he gave off the more mature feeling; he was short but not shorter than me. He was wearing a black suit…sharp-looking and well-fitted. The cut of his tux was stylish and I was pretty sure that it cost more than I could ever afford in my whole life time. His suit had two rows of buttons  forming an incomplete ‘v’ down the front of it and it was perfectly tailored to fit his slimmed, trimmed body. He had one of his sleeves rolled up and it gave an impression that for some reason he was in a rush to get here. I opened my mouth to say something other than just stare at the handsome guy in front of me but stopped myself when I saw some strange symbol on his wrist. “Sehun you know that your job involves actually taking those souls to the sacred place?” He said as he was staring at the abandoned house, it was as if he was communicating with someone who was there but he wasn’t visible.

  “S-Sehun?” I mumbled as I was staring at that strange guy in front of me, I saw him thighing his jaw out of annoyance as he kept his cold gaze on the empty space. His symbol flashed as another annoyed groan was heard. “Way to ruin the fun Suho.” The guy who I assumed was named Sehun stated as he was standing beside the older guy, towering over him yet never letting his playful smirk run away from his bloodless lips, his eyes catching the light coming from the lightning storm - his skin too pale to be normal. His morbid red eyes staring into my soul as I could have sworn I could see my own reflection in his murderous eyes; I stumbled slightly backwards when the memory of where I met this guy came back to me. It was definitely him, that guy that I met before I got here.

“Don’t invite those who are so weak such as her here, you know the rules Sehun.” The older guy said with his voice filled with plenty of authority, but for some reason the guy named Sehun didn’t even flinch under his cold and dangerous tone of voice, it was as if the older guys power didn’t bother him one bit – it as if Suho’s powers where like child play compared to his younger friend, and Suh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter