Revelation

Three Weeks

Luhan knocked on the door as Fang Yi held Fang Hua in her arms. Luhan grabbed onto his wife’s hand. Fang Yi could feel his palm sweat in nervousness and gave him a reassuring squeeze as they waited for the door to open. Fang Hua began to squirm in her mothers arms as the trio stood in front of the door.

 

The door opened, revealing Xiumin, the oldest brother, standing in front of the three with a smile on his face as he looked at his younger brother and wife-- as well as their daughter. “Luhan,” Xiumin greeted with a forced smile. “Fang Yi, hello,” his smile appeared more relaxed, more genuine, as he looked over towards the younger girl who had the baby in her arms. “Is this your girl that Li Hua kept talking about?” He opened the door wider as he looked at the baby with kind, gentle eyes.

 

“This is her,” she answered as she turned to the side so Xiumin could see her better. “Where’s your baby?” She asked.

 

“He’s in the living room with ma and ba,” he replied as he stepped to the side, allowing her to enter the house.

 

“Oh, okay,” she smiled as she took off her shoes. “Thanks, ge,” she said to him. “I’ll be with them inside then, Lu,” Fang Yi looked at her husband who nodded his head, looking at his brother with skeptical eyes. “Be nice.” Fang Yi warned him as she disappeared into the house.

 

“Be good because all six of us will talk later,” Xiumin growled to the man in front of him as he took a suitcase in his hand and carried it into the house.

 

“Ge!” The two brothers turned towards the steps of the house and saw Yixing making his way up with his wife behind him, dragging her suitcase on the pavement.

 

“Xing,” Xiumin greeted with a smile. “You’ve arrived,” he made his way towards him and gave him a hug. “I haven’t seen you since you came to see Hoa,” he said. “Mei Li, do you need help?” He asked as he saw the girl struggle to pull her suitcase up the stairs. Yixing placed his bag on the porch and went down to help his wife carry her bags up as Xiumin and Luhan helped place the suitcase by the door. Yi Fan and Tao appeared at the door and greeted their two brothers with smiles on their faces.

 

“Hi, Mei Li,” Yi Fan greeted her as he took her suitcase from the girl and placed it by the door where Tao dragged it in.

 

“Hi Yi Fan,” she smiled at him as gave him a quick hug and made her way inside where she greeted the rest of the family.

 

The five brothers made their way inside the house with the suitcases being dragged towards the staircase. Xiumin looked at his brothers and repeated the words he said to Luhan. “We’ll talk later so you all better behave,” he warned as his brothers nodded their head. The usually calm and collected brother was now being serious and brought them fear and nervousness as he turned his back to them and made his way over towards his wife who sat by the window with their son sleeping in her arms.

 

“Ge’s scary,” Tao mumbled as he walked over towards Ya Li who was playing with Fang Hua. The remaining brothers made their way into the living room and sat beside their spouse while Yixing and Luhan greeted their parents with small hugs.

 

“We’re waiting for Chen,” Yi Fan announced.

 

“Ching Lan said they’re running a little late,” he turned his attention to Fang Yi who was feeding her daughter who sat in Luhan’s lap.

 

“She said they’re at the station right now though,” Li Hua added, making the brothers furrow their brows as the wives spoke amongst each other of Ching Lan and Chen who were on their way.

 

Ten minutes later, the doorbell rang and Yi Fan stood up and made his way to the door when Tao had beat him as he ran from the living room to answer, seeing his older brother after so long.

 

“Ge,” Tao exclaimed as he slammed the door open and tackling Chen in a hug that made Ching Lan let go of his hand as she backed away from the brotherly hug. “You’re here as well, Lan,” Tao said, pushing Chen away from him as he hugged his older sister-in-law who let out a small laugh as she wrapped her arm around the younger boy.

 

“I am here as well,” she told him as she pulled away from the hug. Chen wrapped an arm protectively around his wife as he glared at the younger male. “Laogong,” Ching Lan pouted as she took her suitcase in hand once again, but only to have Chen take it from her.

 

“Laopo,” Chen said as he entered the house with his wife close behind him. Yi Fan and Tao had helped the two with their luggage.

 

The two entered the living room, and Chen placed the suitcase behind the sofa that faced the t.v. screen. He saw all six of his brothers and smiled lightly when he saw Xiumin sending him a small glare. “Mama, baba,” a smile appeared on Chen’s face as he let go of Ching Lan and held hugged his parents. Ching Lan followed his actions and greeted her in-laws before she made way to where the girls had settled with Fang Yi and Min Hoa playing with each other.

 

The brothers sat on the sofa as they watched their wives interact with each other and a smile grew on their faces.

 

“Are you kids hungry?” Mrs. Zhang asked as she stood up. The seven men in the house nodded their head, making her let out a laugh. “I’ll start on a late lunch then,” she said as she made her way into the kitchen.

 

“We’ll come help, mama,” Ya Li volunteered as she stood up and began to tie her hair with the hair tie around her wrist. Ting Na, Mei Li and Ching Lan followed suit while

Fang Yi and Li Hua were about to give their babies to their husbands, the four girls stopped them from doing so, telling the two that there was enough help in the kitchen.

The two nodded their head before they continued to talk to each other as their kids began to wander off towards the guys. “Are you planning on having another one?” Fang Yi asked as she looked at Li Hua.

 

“Xiumin wants another one,” Li Hua said.

 

“Do you want another one?” Fang Yi watched her daughter attempt to crawl as she let out a small laugh, pulling her daughter towards her, making her sit up right in front of her.

 

“Whatever Min wants,” she replied. “Having another one wouldn’t be bad,” she softly said as she looked at Fang Hua make bubbles with her spit.

 

“You love him that much?” Fang Yi turned her attention to Li Hua and looked at her with soft, kind eyes.

 

“Of course,” she smiled brightly. “I do. If he’s happy, I’m happy.”

 

“Well,” Fang Yi started with a chuckle. “If Han wants another kid, he’s gonna have to wait,” she said with a smile on her face.

 

Li Hua laughed at her words. "Well, you already have one on your hand," she held her hands out to Fang Hua. "I think she's enough for you two for now, right?" She held onto Fang Hua as she lifted her up into her lap. "Isn't that right, Hua?" Li Hua asked Fang Hua. "I'm my name is Li Hua. Auntie Li Hua." She smiled. "We can be called the double Hua’s."

 

"Mama," Li Hua turned her attention to Min Hoa who was walking towards her. Her smile grew wider as he approached the three.

 

"Hoa," she said as he sat beside his mother.

 

"Baby," he pointed to Fang Hua who looked at him with her big, doe like eyes that she received from Luhan.

 

"Yeah, baby," she cooed as she held Fang Hua closer to Min Hoa whose lips grew bigger af the sight of the cute girl in front of him. "Be careful, honey," Li Hua softly said as she watched her son touch her head.

 

"Baba!" He exclaimed, making Xiumin smile at the sight. "Baby," he pointed to Fang Hua.

 

"Do you want a baby?" Xiumin asked as he made his way towards his wife and son. Min Hoa nodded his head, making Li Hua laugh. "You have to tell mama you want baby," he told his son.

 

"Stop it, Min," Li Hua said as she placed Fang Hua on the ground next to Fang Yi. "Don't say that to my baby," she hugged Min Hoa and began to tickle his sides, making him squirm and erupt in a joyful fit of laughter. She laid down on the ground with Min Hoa beside her. "Right, Hao?" She asked her son. "Say to baba: "not yet."" She gave Min Hoa a small pout as he sat up and looked at his dad in the eyes.

 

"Baba, not yet!" He exclaimed, making the people in the room burst with laughter, which made Min Hoa laugh, himself.

 

"Min Hoa," Mr. Zhang said as he finished peeling an orange. "Come eat with yeye," he held out a piece of orange to Min Hoa who got up from the floor and ran towards his grandfather who sat on the sofa with a smile on his face.

 

"What do you say?" Xiumin looked at his son, waiting for an answer.

 

"Xiexie," Min Hoa sat in his grandpa's lap as he continued eating his orange.

 

"Ge, are you going to have a kid anytime soon?" Tao asked Yi Fan as he looked affectionately at Min Hoa.

 

"I'm not sure," he sighed, looking away from his nephew. "Ask your sister-in-law." He grabbed a banana from the bowl of fruit on the table and began to eat it.

Tao let out a small sigh as he looked at his father who wiped away the juice from Min Hoa's face. He smiled to himself as he saw the look of affection in his father's eyes. The way he looks at his own sons even now.

 

"Xiu ge," he said, capturing the oldest brother's attention away from his wife. Li Hua sat up straight as she held onto her husband's hands, continuing to swing it back and forth, lightly. "Are you going to have another baby for,  Min Hoa?"

 

Xiumin looked at his wife, who had her attention on him, then back at Tao. "I'll see if my wife would want another addition to the family," he said as he pulled Li Hua closer to him, causing her cheeks to heat up from the proximity.

 

"Min Shou, stop it," she lightly scolded him as she pulled herself away from him.

 

Luhan bursted out in a fit of laughter at the sight of the oldest being scolded by his wife. “Luhan,” he stopped laughing when he heard Fang Yi’s voice. Clearing his throat he nodded his head. He stood up from the sofa and made his way towards his wife and daughter.

 

“Mama is being mean, huh, princess?” He took Fang Hua from his wife’s arm. “Let’s go see what’s outside,” he said as he held Fang Hua close to his chest. “Min Hao, do

you want to come with to play outside with uncle?” He looked over towards his nephew and saw him nod his head. “Ask baba and mama if you can play.” A smile appeared on his face as he cutely ran towards his parents. “ZiTao, get up,” he ordered. “We’re playing outside.”

 

“Mama, baba,” Min Hoa looked at his parents with his big, round eyes, “Outside?”

 

Li Hua looked towards Xiumin for an answer. “You can play outside,” he said to his son with a grin. “Go uncle,” Xiumin instructed as he saw Tao let out a sigh, but brightened when he saw Min Hao teeter over towards him. “Take care of my son, Tao!” Xiumin warned him as the younger brother nodded his head and took Min Hoa’s tiny hand in his as the two followed Luhan as they went past the kitchen and out the back door where the six brothers used to play.


“The food’s ready!” Mrs. Zhang said as she placed the last plate on the table while the girls went to bring their husbands into the dining room for the supper. Tao and Luhan appeared with the two kids. “Go wash up before you sit down,” she told them as the two nodded. Fang Yi took Fang Hua from Luhan while Tao carried Min Hoa towards the bathroom down the hall. Mr. Zhang sat at the end of the table while Yi Fan and Chen placed chairs around them so everyone could sit. Yixing emerged from the basement carrying a baby stool.

 

“You still have that?” Chen asked as Lay placed it next to Xiumin.

 

“Of course!” Their mother replied with a smile on her face. “We were waiting for grandkids and since Tao was the last to have it, we figured it was still in good shape so we kept it.”

 

Min Hoa came running from the hall as he let out a laugh. He spotted his dad on the other side of the table and made his way towards him. “Zhang Min Hoa!” Tao screamed as he stopped walking in front of the table, opposite of where Min Hoa was.

 

“Why are you yelling at my son?” Xiumin asked as he hid Min Hoa in his chest.

 

“He slapped me with his cold, wet hands,” Tao growled as he showed his lightly pink cheeks from where he had been hit. Ya Li walked over towards him and gently cupped his face between the palm of her hands. “He hurt me,” Tao pouted to his fiancee.

 

“Is TaoTao okay?” She cooed as she began to pinch his cheeks, making him scream in pain. “He’s just a baby,” Ya Li released his cheeks as she pushed him down on a chair. “Behave yourself or else you get no dessert later tonight,” she threatened him.

 

Tao turned  towards his mom, about to say something before his mother said: “You’re old enough to help yourself.”

 

Mr. Zhang smiled at his kids. “Let’s eat,” he said happily as he began to place the food his wife and daughter-in-laws made for the family.

As they ate, the brothers began to talk amongst themselves as they began to catch up with each other’s lives-- except for their wives that is as they began to talk about the places they wanted to see while in Changsha.

 

Yixing looked at his parents and he knew they wouldn’t say anything about the matter of calling of their sons to come back home. Clearing his throat, he gathered the attention of everyone at the table. “Ba,” he began. “Why’d you call us to come back home?”

The brothers stopped eating, waiting for the answer. The wives sat quietly as, for the exception of Li Hua and Fang Yi who were trying to feed their babies. Mr. Zhang looked at his sons and smiled. “I have lung cancer,” he revealed to them with a faltering smile.



Hello, loves~. I've updated and disclaimer, I'll be gone next week so no update.
But as you probably know, my updates are random.
But hopefully you enjoy!