The Beginnning

Three Weeks

Yi Fan sat opposite of Xiumin and their father in the love seat in between the two of them as they looked at each other awkwardly, trying to decide what was happening at the moment. Mr. Zhang looked at the two of them and let out a small, quiet sigh that the two noticed.

 

“I called all of your brothers and their families to come back home because I have something important to tell you all,” he told his two sons. “Min, I hope that you, as the oldest, will be able to help keep your brothers in line when they all get here,” Mr. Zhang looked at his son with a small smile.

 

“I’ll try my best,” Xiumin told his dad.

 

“Great,” he smiled at his oldest son. “I’m going to see the baby while you two talk,” Mr. Zhang stood up from his seat and went towards the kitchen where the wives were currently occupying.

 

“How come I didn’t know you had a son,” Yi Fan looked at Xiumin with scrutinizing eyes.

 

“What did you expect me to do?” Xiumin raised his voice a lite making his younger brother flinch at the sound of his voice. “Call you after how many years and say: “Hey, Yi Fan, even if you didn’t come to my wedding, I want you to know that I had a son.”” Xiumin let out a small scoff.

 

“Don’t bring up your wedding now, Min,” Yi Fan growled. “You know the reason why I didn’t go to your wedding.”

 

“That doesn’t mean anything, Yi Fan!” Xiumin shouted at his brother. He stood up from his seat and began to yell at his brother, letting out his frustrations from over the years.

 

“They’re at it,” Li Hua sighed as she heard her husband yell at his younger brother.

 

Ting Na let out a laugh. “At least they’re getting it over now, right?” She asked as she took a sip of her water.

 

“That’s true,” Li Hua agreed with her sister- in-law.

 

Min Hoa let out a laugh as his grandma and grandpa played and fed him a banana. “You’re so cute,” Mrs. Zhang cooed at her grandson and her husband fed him a small piece of banana as he sat in her lap.

 

“He’s so adorable,” Ting Na said with a small pout. “He looks more like Xiumin,” she looked at her nephew with fond eyes and a small smile on her face.

 

“A lot of people say that about him,” Li Hua told her as she watched her mother and father-in-law play with her son. She couldn’t help but feel happy by the thought of all of

her brother-in-laws and their wives coming together along with their kids, of those who had one. “It’s really nice they’re all coming,” she said softly to Ting Na who nodded her head.

 

“They all don’t know either,” Ting Na added.

 

“Except for those two kids in the living room,” Li Hua snickered making Ting Na burst out in laughter.

 

Ding Dong. Ding Dong.  

 

“Oh, who’s here?” Mrs. Zhang stood up with Min Hoa still in her arms as her husband and her made their way over towards the front door where they saw their two sons blocking the view.

 

“Is that who I think it is?!” They heard Tao’s voice along with his cute fiancee’s squeal as they saw Min Hoa when their parents came into view behind the two males blocking the door. “Get out of the way,” Tao whined as he tried to enter the house but Yi Fan blocked him from doing so. “Mama, they won’t let me in the house!” Tao cried.

 

“How old are you ZiTao?”  Mrs. Zhang scolded, making Yi Fan and Xiumin snicker. “How old are you two that you have to block your brother out of the house, huh? Min Shou, you have a one year old son and you’re behaving this way?” She scolded her son. "Don't you dare laugh, Yi Fan," she added, quieting him down.

 

"Stop being a baby," Ya Li said through her smile. "You made mama mad now."

 

"But-- the baby," Tao said softly as he pushed his designer suitcase through the door as his older brothers parted from the small blockade they had created.

 

“Hello,” Ya Li greeted her sister-in-laws with a hug. “Hi, mama,” she greeted her future-mother-in-law with a small hug. As she handed her a new Louis Vuitton Lockit bag in magnolia. “Since the last time we talked, I told you that I’d be a new model for LV and I got two of these,” she said with a big smile. “I’m giving you the magnolia one, plus,” Ya Li opened the bag showing the inside. “I have the new lotion that doesn’t irritate your skin.”

 

“Thank you,” her mother*  gave her a hug. “You always go out of your way for these things,” she said softly as she placed a kiss on Ya Li’s right temple.

 

“You’re worth it though.” Ya Li gave her a cheeky smile as she let go of her mother-in-law. “Where’s the little guy?” She asked.

 

“With the guys,” Li Hua answered as the four of them made their way into the kitchen and sat around the dining table. She looked at Ya Li with a smile. “When did you get so big, huh?” She asked.

 

“Recently,” Ya Li answered. “I’m getting sponsored from LV now,” she had a big grin on her face as she spoke. “But if sister-in-laws would like to have a few bags, call me, I get them discounted or for free,” she told them with her cheeky smile on her face.

 

“You should give me one,” Li Hua smiled at the younger girl. “I’d like to have one,” she confessed.

 

“When I get back home I’ll make sure to send you one,” Ya Li promised her. “You too, Ting Na,” she quickly added while looking at the older female.

 

“Thank you,” Ting Na and Li Hua chorused.

 

Their mother laughed at the interaction between the sister-in-laws. A big, happy smile grew on their faces as they talked to each other. Laughter filled the once empty house with only a mother and father waiting for their sons to return home to the place where their parents built their family, where they displayed their love and their anger and all frustrations as they raised their family in a household of holding onto your beliefs and fighting for what's right. And now, five years later, the family is reunited once again. Just half of the family is here and hopefully, everything works out in the end for this is the beginning of their three weeks together.

 

 

======

*I'm debating if it's better to call them Mr/Mrs. Zhang or just mom and dad or mama and baba. I'm in a dilemma right now.
 

But I've been on summer break for the past month and I'll update as much as possible. I've been losing so much inspiration these days that my mind doesn't want to work with me so these upcoming chapters might not be the best that I can write, but hopefully you guys will still stick and support this fanfic of mine.