Her love, not obsession

What it takes to love someone

“Linda!!”

-no reply-

“It’s dinner time. Get down here and eat with me!”

-still no reply or any hint of movement-

“Sigh, she is really starting to worry me. Locking herself up every day in her room,” she trudged up the stairs, loud enough for anyone in the second floor to notice her arrival. Still, there was no response from the lone room at the corner of the hallway.

“Linda, come on, we are going to eat dinner now,” she said while searching for her daughter in the darkness of the room, illuminated only by the soft glow emanating from the TV. Her hands fumbled the walls for the switch and when her fingers touch on it, she flipped it down and waited for a second for the lights to come on. In the brightness of the fluorescent light, she saw her daughter huddled in a blanket near the TV, clutching her headphone with her eyes glued to the figure on the screen.

With the headphone taken off by her mother, the girl turned around in surprise to see her mother frowning at her.

“It’s dinnertime. Let’s go.”

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

“This has got to stop,”

Utensils cluttered against the ceramic plates. Tension filled the air as quick as air escaping from a balloon.

“What has got to stop?” a tiny voice muttered back.

“You. You being like this,”

“Like what?”

“Your obsession with these boys! No, no, no, not these boys. That one particular boy, the golden haired one with a fair or rather pale complexion, Su Min? Su something,”

“You mean Suho?”

“Yes!! Suho. You have got to stop this behavior now. He is an artist and you are a normal girl. What chances do you think you will have? He is rich, right? He can get anyone he desires,”

“Mom, I don’t think you understand,”

“I am your mother, why do you think I do not understand?”

‘Oh great lord, she is starting to yell hysterically now. But no, this is unacceptable. I won’t just stand here idly and let her insult Suho.’

“Just because you are my mother and I have some of your genes in my body doesn’t mean you understand.”

"Why are you locking yourself up like this?" her mother's voice was starting to cracked.

'Oh great, expecting a waterfall in this house in less than 3 minutes,'

"Because people ."

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

With that, she left the room with her mother slowly falling to the ground with tear-streaked face.

'People are hypocrites, they are terrible beings. I myself is one of those terrible beings, and I feel disgusted to be surrounded by people who claimed to be your best friends just to be backstabbed by them.

But not Suho, he is different. He changed my life and made me see that it is worth living for.'

As she fell asleep on the floor with the earphones on, she didn't hear what Suho have said on one of the Korean TV programmes.

"EXO will be selecting a fan at random to participate with us in this 3 days' vacation! So good luck to all you fans out there. Count your lucky stars! I love you all!"