Chapter 2

Happy 27th of November

"Yah Giraffe!"

Chanyeol quickly turned his head to the direction of the call. Only one person calls him that.

"Baek!" He happily called his friend. A nice way to start his morning. He doesn't care if its not a good morning or a normal greeting. An insult from the shorter is like his own good morning.

Chanyeol is really head over heels.

"Wanna go together at our class?" Chanyeol asked.

"Nah, Jongin already came back from his parents. He texted me to wait for him." The male said as he input a reply to Jongin.

Pain. Chanyeol felt pain. A big one. He tried his best to smile like an idiot like he used to but, it hurts.

He closed his eyes to compose his self.

He came back.

"He said he'll be staying here! Can you believe that?" Baekhyun said, excitedly. You can really tell that the shorter is looking forward to it. (i) And really in love.

"Oh, well, that's umm great then, yeah okay.. uhh see you at class then! Bye Baek." Forced. Chanyeol forced himself to say that happily. A normal person can definitely tell that was forced but unfortunately, Baekhyun was too thick to notice it, like always.

Chanyeol just ran to their class, not caring if his backpack was falling off his shoulder. He just ran.

 

 

"So, that was the guy you met at the mall? The one you said that you.. like." Chanyeol struggled to say, but still manages.

"Yep! Isn't he perfect? Tall, y, charismatic and tan!" Baekhyun, in a high pitched voice said.

"I'm tall too you know." Chanyeol murmured.

"Yeah, you're a giraffe to be exact. But you're too lanky, old-styled and obviously has no appeal." Chanyeol glared at him. Slight pain was felt, not because of the insults and but because Baekhyun doesn't even appreciates his own style. The Chanyeol style

" you Baek." He just casually replied.

"I was just kidding! Well it is true anyways." Baekhyun shrugged.

Silence came as well as the wind that blew some dry leaves near them. They were just sitting under a tree in the park.

"I don't know Baek, he looks dangerous." Chanyeol suddenly spoke.
"That's because of his iness Yeol." Chanyeol grunted for the shorter's response.

"Baek." He let out a frustrated sigh. "Do you even know him? You just met him."

"Yeah, basically, but I can tell, he's the one Yeol."

But I'm the one for you Baek.

Silence, again, was present. It's not awkward or anything, it's quite comfortable. But for Chanyeol, he just wants it to vanish already since he can't stand to hear his heart breaking.

He wants go home already and cry his tired broken heart. But, that won't help. Producing a salty liquid of sadness and despair from his eyes is not what he needs. He needs Baekhyun to love him. He needs Baekhyun.

Baekhyun sighed. "Besides, Yeol. It really doesn't matter if you know it's true love."

Chanyeol sighed. If he is just a normal person who loves another normal person, he would probably just want to end his feelings right now. Give up and move on.

But no. he is not. Chanyeol is not just a normal person, or maybe he is but Baekhyun? No, he is not just a normal person. Chanyeol would do anything for the shorter. Anything. even if its just using him or hurting himself.

Baekhyun is his everything. As simple as that.

Chanyeol, again, sighed, and inhaled the wind blowing. "You got that line from the movie we watched last night right?"

"Yep."

 

In the middle of the class, Chanyeol, and also his chattering classmates, heard his phone beeped. Some of them laughed.

Chanyeol quickly took out his phone and laid it out on his desk, well his and Baekhyun's desk.

He sneakily and carefully read the message, worrying their teacher might see him.

From: Baek
Cutting class, I'm with Jonginnie~. Don't tell.

Chanyeol, put his phone back to his pocket.

"The day goes on Chanyeol. The day goes on without Baekhyun, Chanyeol. You can do that. You can." He assured himself.

Chanyeol continued his day, without Baekhyun.

 

He felt really empty without Baekhyun by his side. Physically and emotionally. Physically, because, Baekhyun always sticks to Chanyeol's side. Wherever Chanyeol goes, Baekhyun always finds his side on Chanyeol. They're always together. Chanyeol was used to the feeling of the one he loves always by his side.

Emotionally because, his own self was not present, just like the shorter. His self is Baekhyun. Chanyeol is only Chanyeol when Baekhyun is with him. The real Chanyeol.

 No one can understand how important and how Chanyeol loves Baekhyun. No one.

Apparently, also Baekhyun doesn't know.

Basically, Chanyeol can hardly survive a day without Baekhyun. But the fact that, Baekhyun is not with him and with someone else is just.. He can't do that. He just can't.

We're not even a couple yet I'm feeling over this. Chanyeol thought.

He laid out his lanky body on his bed, spreading his arms at the side. He is exhausted. He just wants this day to end and proceed to the next one so he can see Baekhyun and be himself again.

A beeped was heard again and Chanyeol lazily fished his phone from his pocket and read the message.

 From: Baek
 Hey, call me if you have time okay? Sehun said you are on LC mode again.

He smiled. Its just a text message Chanyeol. Just a text message. He thought to himself, trying to compose himself because he is now, again, happy that he couldn't not control his feelings and teethy smiles that are threatening to show. Just a message, Chanyeol.

Just a message my .

He quickly dialed the shorter and quickly picked up.

"Giraffe."

"Well, hello too Baek." Chanyeol wants to curse his self and bang his stupid head for sounding all happy.

"LC mode off now huh?"

Chanyeol chuckled and shook his head. "I don't even know what is LC mode is Baek."

"LC mode is Lame Chanyeol mode" Baekhyun laugh as he said that. "Sehun and I made that, cute right?"

Chanyeol just chuckled.

They spent 2 hours talking to each other. Laughing, insulting each other, cursing. Chanyeol wonders if it is possible to fall in love with Baekhyun even harder when he knows he's really in deep with Baekhyun.

"So, guess what? Jongin really is staying here in Cheongdamdong! His parents finally let him live in here Chanyeol!" Baekhyun almost screamed. "Do you know how happy I am? Finally we can be with each other Yeol."

Chanyeol froze from all the swaying his body keeps doing and process what had the shorter said.

What the .

"Is that a good thing that he's living in with you? Byun Baekhyun, you only knew this guy last month and now this? What the are you thinking Baekhyun?" Chanyeol full of anger said. Well, anger and pain.

"Chanyeol what the are you saying? I'm a grown man for 's sake I can do what i want already!" Baekhyun backfires.

"Baekhyun." Chanyeol sighed. "I know that, but aren't you at least worried that he might be a bad person?"

"Why do you still doubt Jongin? I already introduced him to you! Do you think he's a bad guy who boys and kills them? Chanyeol, for God's sake Jongin is a lot younger than me. If one of us at least wants to kill the other it'll be me! Jongin is a good guy Chanyeol! I have enough of your s."

"Baekhyun" Chanyeol paused. "You still don't know him.." He tried to soften his voice, he doesn't want to this conversation to end in a fight.

"Chanyeol." Baekhyun sighed. "he's the one. He will never hurt me. Besides, he's moving in next week. There's nothing you can do about it." Baekhyun said in frustration.

Chanyeol was about to say something but then he heard the a few beep on the other line. Baekhyun hung up.

Chanyeol wants to scream and let his feelings go. Frustration and mostly pain.

"I hate you Baekhyun." With that statement, Chanyeol cried. Clutching onto his shirt in the area where it hurts the most. His heart.

His stupid broken heart.

 

 

"Jongin and I are been talking." Baekhyun suddenly said while eating their bentos at the bleachers.

Chanyeol looked at the shorter. He knows Baekhyun and this Jongin guy had been talking on the phone and texting each other. Believe the heaven and angels, Chanyeol as usual endures the pain. "And?"

"He wants to live in with me." Baekhyun said like he was stating the weather.

"Baekhyun, I know you like him and all but this is some serious Baek."

"I know, I know. But I also want him to live in with me."

 

 

After the crying session Chanyeol did. He input a short message into his phone and put his arm over his eyes shut.

To: Baek
I'm sorry.

Loving Baekhyun takes a lot of pride and tears. But, damn it, it's worth it.

 

 

 

"Excuse me, Park Chanyeol?"

Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun turned their back to the desk they shared in their break time when the question was heard.

They saw a dirty blonde guy who looks like a girl, which was weird for the both of them. They can see he's nervous because the said boy was looking here and there at the door where they found another guy.

"Ah yeah, I am Chanyeol." He said as stood up and bowed to the boy. The boy bowed as well.

"Hello, I'm Luhan." He again bowed and saw Baekhyun who just smiled.

"This right here is Baekhyun." Chanyeol introduced. "So, why are you looking for me, Luhan?"

"Umm you see.. My friend.. Ummm, he just.. wants you to have this." Luhan said, nervously, and again looked at the other boy at the door. He fished the object that he was talking about in his backpack.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun both opened  their mouths in awe as Luhan showed them the thing he was talking about.

Luhan was holding a clear plastic lidded box with small polka dots designed on it.

"Is that, chocolates?" Chanyeol gulped as he asked the boy. Chanyeol really loves chocolates. Whatever brand it is as long as it taste like chocolate and can melt into his mouth, he will love it. Especially, the white and dark ones. He can go crazy with them.

"Yeah, my friend made this for you." Luhan opened the box and revealed the gold inside that just goes in two colors which is white and blackish brown. Chanyeol gulped again. Luhan smiled as he saw the taller's reaction.

Chanyeol was just staring at the chocolates. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and approach Luhan who's feeling awkward due to the taller's behavior. "He always does this. By the way, who made these chocolates, they look delicious. Is that him?" Baekhyun asked motioning the guy who's at the door the minute they noticed Luhan.

Luhan looked at the direction Baekhyun motioned. "No, that's my othed friend, Jongdae. It was our other friend who made the chocolates." Luhan explained.

"Oh well then, where is he?" Baekhyun asked since his tall friend is still staring at the delights with hunger in his eyes.

"Well, he's shy. So he sent us to give him these.." Luhan pouted his lips to the chocolates. "and this." He said as he pull out a letter.

Chanyeol suddenly went back to reality and took the letter from Luhan's hands.

Chanyeol was mumbling a lot of things as he unfold the letter. All Baekhyun heard was  'I must know who made these. I must thank him.'.

Chanyeol finally unfold the letter and read it carefully.

Luhan just left the box of chocolates at Baekhyun and thanked them. Luhan was running late for his class that's why he has to go and also his friend, Jongdae. They bid their goodbyes and went out.

Baekhyun turned to see his friend smiling at the midst of reading the letter.

Baekhyun suddenly feel uncomfortable.


"He also said to the letter that the first thing he likes about me is my smile and also my height. And he said that he wants.." Chanyeol keeps on blabbering about the mysterious guy who made the chocolates and letter for him that Baekhyun just keeps on nodding his head and smiling.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes for a thousandth time now. Obviously, he's annoyed. It's not that he is annoyed because Chanyeol keeps on talking and talking but he is annoyed to the fact that Chanyeol keeps on talking about that guy.

Baekhyun is a diva. He only cares about himself. He wants Chanyeol to only talk about Baekhyun, and only Baekhyun. And that's why he needs Chanyeol by his side.

Baekhyun needs Chanyeol, not as much as Chanyeol needs him, but he still needs Chanyeol. He needs his friend to talk about his flaws, his achievements and whatever Baekhyun did and has. Somehow, when he is with Chanyeol, his confidence goes to the roof and forgets his insecutites. Only Chanyeol. Well, thats was before when he found out about a certain human being named Jongin.

But still, he still needs Chanyeol. Needs.

"...and he can make chocolates , well obviously because he made those chocolates. And he knows that I love white and dark chocolates that's why he only made those. I swear to god, he could be the best stalker I mean every body can be a the best stalker, but you see a lot of people don't know me so I wonder how did he know--"

"Chanyeol can stop talking for one second?" Baekhyun cut off the blabbering the taller's doing, annoyed. He heavily sighed and shove another lettuce to his mouth and rolled his eyes.

"Okay okay, jeez Baekhyun, I'm just excited because finally someone appreciates me." Chanyeol said and smiled whole-heatedly. "Finally someone noticed and actually like me. Aren't you happy for me?" He continued. Chanyeol can be the best masochist for asking such a question.

"I am happy. Just, stop talking. Your voice is so annoying."

Chanyeol exhaled another pained-sigh, slowly shrugged and continued to eat the chocolates.

Yes, the best masochist it is.

 

 

"Chanyeol, can you please just let go of me. I'm going home." Baekhyun said as he try to let of the taller's grip to his wrist. The way he holds my hand is like my dad. Baekhyun thought.

Chanyeol stopped."You need to come with me Baek, what if he just did that to do something bad to me?" Chanyeol is really anxious. He watched a lot of movies similar to this. Well, not really.

"Chanyeol, you're a foot taller than me. Do you remember that?" Baekhyun said as a fact and raised his eyebrows.

"But.."

"Come on already." And then it's Baekhyun who pulled the other male this time. Holding Chanyeol's hand. All the worries of Chanyeol suddenly disappeared with just a touch of Baekhyun's beautiful hand.

Oh God Baekhyun, how can you affect me like this?

They arrived at their school's park and saw a male just sitting at the white bench. Staring blankly at the scenery.

All the worries Chanyeol felt just a few minutes ago came back as he eye the male who made him sweets, plus the touching letter filled with his flaws that seems to be perfect for that person. The things all the people see at Chanyeol but never appreciated suddenly pointed out with the letter. It's like an all-about-Chanyeol letter with an addition of love of that person for him.

Chanyeol sincerely wants to meet this person.

"Baek.." Chanyeol called out his friend by his side for encouragement to approach the male.

Baekhyun smiled to the taller and held his hand tighter. That's all Baekhyun can do since he is also feeling nervous for his friend. That person might or might not get Chanyeol from him.

Bam. That's the thing Baekhyun is worrying. He is scared.

The feeling of no one will listen to his complaints, boasts, insults and stupid comments hurt him. The feeling of Chanyeol not by his side is just.. unbearable.

Chanyeol on the other side finally composed himself from the shorter's obvious nervous smile and grip to his hand, and let go of Baekhyun's hand.

Baekhyun blinked. Surprised. Disappointed on some reason he doesn't know.

Chanyeol wasn't thinking straight when he that. All he wants to do is meet the person who made him feel special. All the years, he spent with Baekhyun, he never really feel being appreciated. Just those moments when he received the chocolates and read the letter. Main point, he never felt appreciated when with Baekhyun.

Well, that's what he thought.

Chanyeol misunderstood everything, because Baekhyun now wants to cry and run to Chanyeol as he goes down to the grass and a few stepping stones leading a way to the other male.

Baekhyun didn't know he fell for his friend.

 

 

Chanyeol is behind the mysterious boy. He was just about to tap the boy when the boy turned around and smiled as he saw Chanyeol.

Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun saw a petite boy with eyes that seem can see everything, plump lips that is making a heart shape due to his genuine smile to Chanyeol. Baekhyun looked down, feeling all his insecurities shower over him. The boy is obviously beautiful.

"Hi Chanyeol, I'm Kyungsoo."

 

 

~~~

 

Hey, so yeah, I updated lol. I didn't proof-read this so I know you read a lot of grammatical errors. Mian~. Anyway, school is being a bully to me so yeah, I hate school. And slower updates are coming, kkaebsong. Anyway, if you would like to see useless stupid tweets of mine, try following me on twitter and yeah, enjoy.

PS. I dont bite :)) talk to me if you want to.

PPS. holy fck