Chapter Six

The Dark Galaxy

S U H O  P O V

We took a long bow of our last showcase at Shanghai. I feel happy for that night, seeing a lot of fans cheering us on stage was like a generated source of energy for us EXO. All of us goes down to the backstage to get back to the hotel and get some rest.

I slowed down my movements as I let the other members go first. At that time I was trying to find Kris hyung. EXO-K arrived at Shanghai this morning and we immediately go straight to the showcase venue to practise. While EXO-M was having a schedule this morning and also arrived at the venue at the same time as ours. I have been waiting for this day just to discuss personally about Kris hyung's issue with me.

"Kris hyung..." I said quietly as I wandered around that backstage area. I thought I have seen him go down here with all EXO members as well.

But as I even tried to find him further, I was being pulled away by a female SM staff.

"What are you doing?" I said as I tried to pull away.

"Your manager is calling you out now. Get inside the MPV. You're the only one left who haven't go in while the rest of EXO-K is waiting." She said strictly as she continued to pull me outside the venue.

"Aniyo...I need to meet Kris hyung. I need to talk to him please. Where is he?" I pulled off my hands off from her grip. She was flustered by my actions.

Then came in another male SM staff towards both of us. He immediately pulled me outside the venue and heading towards EXO-K's MPV, with the help of the female SM staff earlier.

"Aniyo!! Please...don't pull me away! I need to see Kris hyung!!" I was trying to escape from both of them.

"You can meet him at the hotel later. Now, GET INSIDE!" The male staff ordered.

I was very angry that they didn't even listen to me. I got inside the MPV and hoped that I could meet with Kris hyung later.

 But it was all a lie.

 

 

K R I S  P O V

I followed all my EXO brothers as we all go down to the backstage. Before reaching to the hallway, I was being pulled away by an SM staff.

"You come along with me." He whispered onto my ear. I was stopped by him blocking my way. I was surprised and I didn't even know on what to do at that moment.

That SM staff just directly grabbed on my arms and bringing me to another way of which I should have followed members. I never entered this pathway though except for some staffs. As we walked along, there was one room on our right and at the far end of this hallway there was a toilet. Both of us reached to this room on our right and when the staff opened the door for me, it was Hyun Kyun hyung, EXO-M's manager. He let me in and close the door so that only Hyun Kyun hyung and I need some time talking. I know that I had a bad feeling at that moment.

"So, you know that you have decided on the lawsuit matter. I won't be able to help you out. You deal this on your own. And as a matter of fact, you have also tried to disappear last year. I know I still have my patience at that time, but this time, you go on your own. I can't help you anymore." Hyun Kyun hyung started as he gave me a tin of cola.

I nodded to him as we both sat facing each other. I opened the can and took a sip.

"You know that you can't contact us anymore according to the procedure. You have to cut all ties with EXO and also SM except me because I'm your manager. I will still keep in touch with you on your whereabouts and also become a barrier between you and SM."

"I understand. What should I do now?" I asked.

"I believe that all your lawsuit documents are now with me. Some other people will handle it for you. What you need to do now is to get ready for your flight tomorrow to Beijing. Tonight we will head to the airport to deal with your flight tickets. Then, there will be some SM staffs deal with your hotel staying tonight. You're not staying together with EXO at the same hotel and the staffs already book in for you. You just need to follow what I say now." He explained.

"Hyung...I have a request." I said as I took another sip from the can. This request was something that I haven't brought up during my last discussion with upper authorities.

Hyun Kyun hyung raised his eyebrows as he observed my expression.

"What?" He said.

"Do you really understand the real reason I filled in the lawsuit? I only wanted to fill in so that I can get a rest from having any EXO activities, not leaving EXO. According to the doctors, I need six months rest and I think filling in the lawsuit would hold me off from any activities of EXO. I told Soo Man sunbaenim, and he said he will try his best to help out. So, I also want to request the same thing from you hyung." I paused as I took a deep breath. "Please don't eliminate me away from EXO. I loved EXO and I just wish that I want to take months of hiatus to improve my health condition. I am sure that I won't leave-"

"WU YI FAN!" Hyun Kyun hyung raised his voice in anger. "What kind of request is this?" He said in a lower voice as he approached closer to me while he stood up.

I stood up and faced him, putting away my cola can. "Why are you being like this to me? What have I done wrong? I was trying to stood up the best for myself and also to EXO. We are all extremely tired and now you understand my condition. Will you reconsider what I have said?"

"We have been forced by the upper authorities to go ahead all the plans as scheduled. Now...you're asking this?! I can't do anything...if you think that you can win this, go on and convince the boss!" Hyung sounded like he was annoyed with my request.

"I will. I will do it for the sake of EXO and also for the sake of my own self. I have already being patient with all of you, but you have treated all of us like a robot! After all, we are all just ordinary humans who deserves the right to live as other normal people DO!" I couldn't stand holding back all my stress and anger inside me. I was deeply hurt and insulted a lot even by SM staffs themselves.

At that moment, Hyun Kyun hyung slapped me on the right side of my face. I was shocked by his actions. That was the first time I'm getting slapped by my own manager.

"Hyung...please..." I pleaded as I covered the pain on my face.

"Watch your words . You know who you're dealing with right now is not so easy." He said.

Both of us kept quiet for awhile as we stared at each other. Then, he continued.

"Go back to the hotel and have your last moments with EXO-M. You're not going to see EXO-K since they are on a different floor which I'm not going to tell where is it. Pack all your stuff and make sure you leave the hotel when I call you later on.

I took my cola and stormed away from that room. Hyung just let me go off easily as he already told me what SM plans are. While walking towards the MPV, I finished off my cola and threw it away on the bin nearby.

"...he just called me a . Why do I even have to request that when everybody treats me like a garbage bin. I only want it because I promised Joonmyeon and also to the rest of EXO members." I thought to myself.

"Luhan...he will be my replacement as the leader of EXO-M. I'm not sure what's going to happen later, but there's a possibility that I will leave EXO forever."

"In case that happens...EXO will always be twelve members, even if I'm not physically there with the rest of them."

 

 

S U H O  P O V

"That's how it happened. But, Kris hyung kept on denying the truth. I'm not sure what's going to happen later. Mianhae everyone...it was a promise that Kris asked me to keep my mouth shut, but I told you guys this because this is a serious issue." I apologized to all ten members who sat around me in the living room.

"Also, the severe health condition that Suho hyung was referring about was myocarditis, a type of cardiovascular disease. It is an inflammation of heart muscle. Which means that if he does not have enough rest, he might have fallen sick much more and the worse part is sudden death." Tao added in as he explained. "I was the only one who knew his health problem but Yifan ge never told me anything about lawsuit."

"What? Myocarditis? That really is a severe health problem..." Lay said in surprise.

"Lawsuit...Kris hyung?" Sehun tried to grasp in the situation.

"That's the reason the other day you seemed sensitive when anybody mentions EXO-M. You get yourself reminded of Kris hyung." Kyungsoo said.

"I've always be happy every day because I have all my members with me. But now, Kris hyung is gone and not with us, where can I find my own twin tower brother?" Chanyeol's face was gloomed at that instant as he stood up and went into his room.

"I always love Kris hyung. I understand him not telling us in advance. But, I'm deeply hurt that I didn't know he suffered a severe health condition like myocarditis." Baekhyun's eyes seemed teary as he walked away from the living room to his room shared with Chanyeol.

 Sehun, Kai and Kyungsoo stood up and went into their rooms. I was left with EXO-M members. They seemed shocked at what they just heard.

"Kris hyung is really strong...even stronger than all of us. To that extend, he never wanted to leave us behind but sometimes we didn't really treat him well." Jongdae stood up as he immidiately rushed into his own room. I can see that he was about to tear up as he passed by.

"As the oldest hyung in EXO, I have expected that this thing might happen since I observed Kris doesn't look so good ever since. But what makes me disappointed is that most of us don't even listen to his voice." Minseok hyung stood up in front of me. "Joonmyeon-sshi...are we really one?"

I was taken aback by what Minseok hyung said. I know at some point that some of us even had fights with each other, not treating each other that well. But, my burden as a leader was tough and I know how Kris hyung really felt on becoming a leader too.

"Minseok hyung...mianhae. I know I have some weaknesses-"

"Aniyo dongsaeng-ah...I don't want to blame you, but I realised that we need to understand each other much more close. We need to always stick together, not as business partners, but as a family."

Minseok hyung put his hand on my shoulder as he walked away from me, going to his room.

"Yifan hyung was someone that I first met. And I just wish that he can be healthy everyday." Lay followed Minseok hyung along to their respective rooms. There were only me, Tao and Luhan left who sat here still.

"Zitao-yah...why didn't you tell me in advance? Why are you hiding it from me?" Luhan hyung seemed to hold in his anger.

"Lu-ge...mianhae...jeongmal mianhae..." Tao was crying as he hugged my arm. I could only kept quiet and didn't want to deal with Luhan's temper.

"Yifan must have planned this carefully, yet I still asked him many times not to hide everything on his own." Luhan stood up as he stared at me. "I can't believe that both of you guys hide it. It doesn't matter whether you know about the lawsuit or know about myocarditis. But, if we really are 'We are One'...I don't think so."

With that said, Luhan left Tao and I alone. Tao was still crying as I hugged him. At least Tao understands how much I feel at this moment.

"Suho hyung...joseonghabnida..." Tao said in between his tears.

"Aniyo...I should be the one who should say that. I was a bad leader at times too. Now all members are sad and disappointed. I feel hurt...because this is all SM's fault. If only they treated Kris hyung like most of us did...I'm sure that this wouldn't have happened in the first place." I said as I was holding back my tears.

"Hyung...please save Yifan hyung...I beg you, please save him and EXO..." Tao pleaded. "I need Yifan hyung as much as other members need him."

That was the problem. How am I suppose to get Kris hyung back in EXO? He had possible myocarditis and now filling in the lawsuit.

I need to sort things out...but where can I find some help?