Chapter II

Shush... SM can't know about us.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jia

 

Oh no... The guy with the slightly tousled, copper-dyed hair was glowering at me. Did I stare at his band mates that he might have thought I'm rude? I hung my head in embarrassment, and when I could finally look up, Mr. Kang gestured me toward one of the three black vans that were shunt in parallel, the second one. Six members of EXO, which I later recognized to be EXO-M, the whole's branch that does the mandarin versions of EXO's albums, the guy who was glaring at me was with them.

Great! The guy obviously hates me for some reason and now I have to ride the same van as his for one long hour. Thank god there were single seats, I had to politely turn down Tao's invite to sit with him to avoid any chance to sit anywhere near him. My buttocks had merely came in contact with the auburn leather fabric that I was being pulled up again, in a forcible manner, by my forearm. I couldn't be more astonished to see that the hand belonged to the same guy I didn't want to be nearby.

"That's my seat." was all he said in an acerbic tone that had me innerly shuddering. He settled down on the seat I had chosen, leaned against the back support, crossed his arms against his chest and closed his eyes. 

Unbelievable. It took me all the tolerance I had left not to roll my eyes at his rudeness.

"Don't mind Lay's rudeness, he's always jumpy when it comes to his favorite seat." I nodded my head lightly to the voice's owner. He was the giant guy that looked like he just finished a photo shoot for some popular magazine issue. He had fair, blond hair locks cascading down by his thick but sharp eyebrows without touching them, his eyes were blunt, his nose rather small-sized, his lips had a natural woody pink tint to them. 

"Oh, I'm Kris, by the way." He led me to sit beside him on the backseat without my consent. Like I could've rejected his offer in my state: exhausted, irritated and mesmerized.

The ride to EXO's dorms was mostly quiet; Kris didn't talk much, perfectly meeting the match of his rumored Cold City Guy persona, he just asked if my flight was okay and I told him that it was alright if it wasn't for the flight-sickness I had. It made me smile, that someone actually cared to ask for once, even if he was just being courteous.

I was staring pensively out the smoky window for the rest of the ride, I'd have to stay at a hotel until dad sends me the keys to our old house here, in Seoul. Why did he have to change to door lock just a month before I needed that house? Dad was in a six months business trip, and being his tactful self, he feared for the copies of the important files he had left home.

I was abruptly interrupted of my reverie when the van's sudden stop at a red light ejected me forward. A sorry could be heard from the driver seat. My back hit the driver seat before gravity threw me on the single seat that was right behind the driver's. I shut my eyes closed, head spinning, and hugged the nearest thing to me, which I thought was the seat. Since when do seats have arms? I instantly blinked my eyes wide open at my sudden realization: what I was hugging was not the seat, it was Lay and he had his arms around me, too, probably due to the shock of the spur of the incident. I casted my eyes down, only to gasp when I found myself sitting on his lap. I looked back up to his face and was met with the hostile glare once again.

"Done relaxing yet?" he swiveled back on his chair with me still on his lap and put me back to my feet. I looked down, intimidated and bowed my head apologetically.

It was the wrong move to do, the weight of my head, and my dizziness had me stumbling forward. This time, Lay caught me by the arms and galred at me warningly, then, pushed me to the back. Kris recieved me, he helped me into my seat, gently, unlike the other jerk. 

I smiled "Thanks, Kris." and I swear I could feel someone glaring at me. I shrugged it off and diverted my eyes out the window.

"Jia," Kris' voice's huskiness almost had me shuddering but I turned to him with a suggestive smile, waiting for him to continue his words when Tao beat him to them.

"You'll be staying at our dorm!" Tao's voice was rusty, he had obviously just woken up from his nap. I just nodded my head at him and somehow managed to smile.

The van had came to a halt, a planified one, this time. Lay was first to get out and ran into the bulding before the car like he had just escaped influenza. I wondered if I was the cause. Silly, right? Why would he give any importance to my presence?

I shook the odd off my mind and exited the vehicle right after Kris and Tao, contemplating whether to invite myself in or wait for someone to do so.

"Lu gege, ChenChen, Baozi! Wake up!" I heard Tao shout as he was opening the trunk then, I heard groans and grunts. Luhan, Chen and Xiumin were either yawning or rubbing their eyes or both. It was tremendous how these guys could look adorable, beautiful and appealing altogether at once. I fell into a timely transe before being interrupted by Tao.

"Jia, let's go in." He smiled, swiftly rolling my suitcase with his right hand, while fishing the second one into his pocket and we climbed the outer stairs together.

"What floor?"

"Thirty-sixth." I widened my eyes lightly and scrutinized the building's size for a few seconds, my head hanging up.. I, then, followed Tao and gulped, why couldn't I put "has acrophobia" in my CV?

"Do you fear heights?" We had, now, caught up to Kris, who was in the elevator, waiting. I flustered and bit my bottom lip.

"It's alright, you'll get habituated. Luhan did." Huh? Luhan? 

"What did I do?" I immediately looked up, the previously mentioned guy had just entered the elevator with Xiumin while Chen, I could see him from the corner of my eyes, was shambling toward us with tight eyes.

"You got habituated to the height of the apartment." Tao nodded and Luhan followed before glancing at me in realization.

"Wae? You have acrophobia, too, Jia?" I lightly nodded, flushing red. Would you just yell it out on a mic, please?

"You'll just have to avoid looking down the windows, no, looking out the windows at all." He gave me an angelic smile. He seems very kind, and he's cute, too, I noticed.

"Or you can hug Baozi for comfort." Tao poked Xiumin's cheek. Xiumin, who was busy trying to keep Chen on his feel while supporting him on his side flustered and shot a coy, warning look at Tao.

"He loves cuddles." Tao whispered to my ear, still taunting Minseok while I glanced at him and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter