chapter 22

How We Fall in Love

                “Hi Yoona, do you want to walk with me tomorrow to school?”Luhan called Yoona. “My uncle said that he’ll drop me to school before he went to work” Yoona replied. “Okay then, where did you go this afternoon?”Luhan asked. “Tomorrow you’ll see” She replied. “I’m off to bed, goodnight. I love you” Luhan said. “Love you too” Yoona hang off the phone.

                "I should told him the truth, it's not my uncle but it's my dad who will send me tomorrow" She walk to the mirror and sit on the dressing table. She examines her new self in the mirror, “I really look different”. She plays with her hair, touches her face slowly and smiled. “Knock, knock” her uncle open the door slowly.

                He walks to Yoona bed and sit at the edge of her bed. “Yoona, you ready for tomorrow?” her uncle asked her. “To meet her” Yoona rolled her eyes. “But she’s going to be your mother soon?” Her uncle comes closer to her. “Yoona, your father been alone for a long time” he holds her hands. “But no one can replace mom” Yoona replied.

                “No one can replace your mom” Her uncle replied. “But he needs someone to take care of him” Her uncle try to reason with her. “You don’t know this woman; she’s the reason why I ran to korea!” Yoona voice trembled. “She’s mean, she was just interested with daddy wealth” she continued.

                “I don’t want to go back there. I want to stay with you here” Yoona begged. “Of course you can stay here, this is your 2nd home” Her uncle smiled. “Tell me everything about mum” Yoona lean on her uncle shoulder.

                “Your mum was a great sister, she’s very kind but a bit tomboyish” her uncle laughed. “One time when I was a kid, I was been bullied” he continued. “When she knew about it, on the next day she pummelled the bullies” his uncle laughed.  “Since that day, she becomes the ruler of the park. She was called red blood sea due to her long red hair” he laughed even louder this time.

                “When your mum grew older, she become prettier” he continued. “She become the centre attraction of guys in school” her uncle stop laughing. “But among the other guys, she felled in love with your father”.  “I miss mum” Yoona hugged her uncle.

                “Yoona, you look beautiful just like your mother. You don’t need to change your look, be proud” her uncle put his arms around Yoona. “Your grandmother was a red hair too” her uncle said. “Red hair because your grandmother are from Europe” he continued. “But I want to stay with this colour” Yoona replied. “It’s your choice” Her uncle gets up from the bed. “I’m sleepy” her uncle smiled. “Goodnight” Yoona replied. “Night” he walk out from the room.