FIRST

Lovesickness

Beijing, 2007

   

   Luhan looks at the outside of the window, it’s still raining. He opens his laptop and logged into his Weibo account. New picture! ‘Guess like she uploads a new picture of her ', he monologues. After the rain had stopped, he wears his leather jacket, and went to the town.

   “There she is. Hurm, should I surprise her?” Luhan talked to himself. Then, he bought a rose from a flower seller by the roadside and walk slowly toward Chun.

 “Tadaa~ how are you today?” Luhan sat in front of Chun.

“Lu ge, I’m fine. How about you?” Chun smiled at him. Behind her smiling face, there seems something that she’s been hiding from him.

  Lu Han invited her for a walk. Both of them walk around their favourite park when he suddenly grabs her hand. Chun look at him in disbelief, he gve her his sincere smile and rubs her hand. Lu Han holds it tightly as if he doesn’t want to let it go.

 “Woh hun see-wahn nee, Chun.”

Chun’s eyes become teary, after a few minutes, she nods.

 “Ge ge, Woh ye see-wahn nee . To to” Chun smiled at him, with a brightest smile.

 Luhan was overjoyed. He hugs her tightly, making Chun feel so warmth in his hug. From that moment, Chun is officially his girlfriend.

 


 

  Chun is ready to go to school when she saw someone waiting for her at the downstairs. He is Luhan. After Chun is officially his, she always been together with him. Lu Han will come to fetch her from home and they will ride bus together to the school. Both were holding hand together, walking leisurely to the bus stop. Then, someone sees Luhan. She is his one of his fans. Chun can see that she is trying to take a picture of her and him. Chun grabs Luhan’s hand and hurriedly ride the bus. 

“Way shun-muh, Chun?” Lu Han asked her with a shock face

“Nothing, I just see your fan trying to take a picture of us. Hihi~” Chun gave a happy smile to him..

Luhan seems to understand the situation and stay still. He pinches her cheek, “You’re so cute” The bus is filled with a blossom love and laughter from the lovebirds.

At the school…

  Chun and Luhan walk separately; it wasn’t that Luhan want to keep this relationship. It’s just Chun that wants to care of his image. Who don’t know Luhan, he is a famous ulzzang in Beijing city. She and he are in a different classes. So it’s quite hard for both of them to find a space to be together. During recess time, his fans would come and filled the corridor. Some of them are even getting closer to him and giving him present and more. What she can’t accept is, there are some of them that asking for Luhan’s phone number and asking to be his lover. Chun gets into his class; it’s totally annoying to pass throughout the crowd.

“Xia Lu Han, teacher is calling for you” Chun daringly said that to him. She doesn’t seem to be bother by his fans eagle eyes that staring at her because she has snatching Lu Han’s attention. Lu Han follows her from back and keep looking behind, making sure that no one is there following them. After everything was clear, he takes Chun away and brings her to the rooftop.

“Dui bui qi~ I didn’t manage to get out from my class during recess just now. They have already been there and blocking my way. That’s why I didn’t go to you just now,” Lu Han holds Chun’s hand.

“it’s okay, Lu ge, I understand. This is my job as your girlfriend to save you” Chun tries to comfort him. After having a simple conversation, both of them went into the class.

  When Chun walks along the corridor, everything starts to spin. She feels like everything is spinning, her head hurt so much. Suddenly, she feels something hot has come out from her nose. Its a blood! Chun faint there. Students that pass by calls the teacher and brought her to the ‘sick-bay’. Teacher in charge already informed her homeroom teacher and the news about Chun faint at the corridor spread among the students. There are many boys’ student that shocked hearing it and making a plan to visit her. The most frustrated one is Lu Han. He feels like going out from his class and running for her. But he just can’t.

   In the bus, Lu Han choose to sit beside her. He doesn’t care about his fans, what’s in his mind at that time is just about Chun, his love. He holds her hand, trying to give her some spirit. Chun is weak, she looks so pale but she still can smile to him.

 

After the incident that she fainted at the school, Chun didn’t attend the school for 4 days. Chun also didn’t reply to any of Lu Han’s messages and calls. She didn’t come out when he stand outside her house. All she can do each time when see him is just crying. She watches him through the window but she can do nothing. Her body is too weak to move far.

  After Chun gets back from school on that day, she went to the hospital to check her health conditions. To her shock, she has diagnosed to have brain tumor at stage 3. The world seems to stop for a while, Chun can’t believe what she just hear. She cried and cried again. None other than her and the doctor who’s only knows about her disease. She wanted to keep it as a secret until the time comes for her to tell everyone the truth.

   On the 5th night, Chun gave a call to Lu Han. He quickly answered her phone call. Chun asks him to go out on the next day since its weekend. She wants to spend the limited time that she have with someone that she love and one of them is Lu Han. She have made a decision that she wanted to ask for a break-up with him after the walk but there is something that stops her from doing so, it's Lu Han’s word.

  “Chun, do you how much that I miss you? I’ve been like crazy person when you’re not by me. Please don’t leave me alone again? “ Luhan's eyes shows that he really concerned about his girlfriend

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to do it, it’s just that doctor had asked me to have a plenty of rest.” Chun avoids her eyes from locking it to Lu Han’s, not like usual.

“Chun, did you hide something from me? Or do you have something that you really want to ask or tell me? Tell me” Once again, Lu Han makes a concern face. She have become very guilty.

Chun took a deep breath and then say, “Lu ge, I really want to ask you this before but I don’t have the courage to do so. Why did you choose me among thousands of your fans? Who am I to you…?” She blinks her eyes

“The answer is because of your charm. You have a charm that makes me attract to you like magnetic force. Your smile, your courages, I like everything about you. For your information, I’ve liked you since the first time you've move to this town. Don’t you remember, the time when you first reach your house, I was passing by your house. Guess like you didn’t remember it. You’re the third place in my heart after my family. Without you, I don’t think that my life would be completed.  To be conclude, you’re my only spring I had” such a long explanation Lu Han give to her and he pokes her nose.

“Ge ge, what if one day, I’m meant to gone away from your life?” Chun ask with her eyes that started to teary.

“Why? Chun, why did you say that? I hate it. The answer is I will kill myself. I’ve already said that I can’t live without you. Please don’t talk about this anymore.”

“But I’m…” Chun just wants to say something when Lu Han put his finger to . Ask her to stop.

“Ge ge, do you want to eat an ice cream? “ She tries to put an ease the condition.

“Urm!” Lu Han answer but he is still sulking.

That day, they have spent a lot of time together. They are dating and even taking pictures together. Chun bought a rubik cube for Lu Han and ask him to learn how to solve it. Both of them then take a rest on the lawn in the garden.

“Lu ge, what would you want to be in the future?” Chun asked Lu Han while watching the skies

“I want to be a soccer player. I want to represent China in a world cup.” Lu Han imagines himself playing with international players in three or five years later.

“But I like you to be a singer. I know you can sing well. Plus, I don’t want you to be hurt. Oh, but you’re really great in both.” Chun pats Lu Han’s shoulder.

“It’s okay. Everything has its own risk. By the way, what is your dream, Chun?”

Chun paused for a minute. She’s thinking deeply and then smiles brightly.

“I want to be with you until the end of my life. That’s all.”

Lu Han pouted. “hey, that's not fair. I want to be with you too until forever. I mean, what else are your dreams about?”

“No else. I'm just wanted to be with you. That’s all.” 

Chun excuses herself to the washroom when she starts to feel dizzy.

Lu Han turning his back to look at her, “Chun!”

Lu Han screams. She fainted again. Lu Han brings her to the hospital and also inform her family. 2 hours passed, the doctors come out from her room.

“How is she, doctor? “Lu Han asked.

“Are you his relative?” The doctor ask him back

“No, but I’m her schoolmate and we’ve been together since this morning.” said Lu Han

“Ok, then can you follow me to my room?”

“Sure” Lu Han already feels something was not right when he saw doctor’s cloudy face.

 Doctor Hun put down his stereoscope and looks at him

“Actually she is still not well and cannot be so tired. She still needs to get enough rest. I don’t think that she can come to school for a few days because her body have become really weak.”

“Doctor, can you just tell me what her disease was? Why does she always faint? Please doctor, I need to know it.” Lu Han plead.

“I’m sorry but I can’t. This is her request to not let anyone know.” Dr Hun just shook his head. He is pity with Lu Han but he needs to take care of his patient’s privacy

Lu Han have become so weak. He starts to think about many things. What is Chun has been hiding all this while? Is it related to the question that she asked at the park just now? Everything was just so hard for him to answer.

It takes quite a long time for Chun to wake from the sleep. The first image that greets her eyes is Lu Han. He is indeed a true lover, always be there when you need him.

“Lu ge..” Chun smiles weakly, tries to cover the pain that stings throughout her whole body.

“Chun. You’re wake up now. It must be hurt.” Lu Han hold her hand tight.

“Where’s ba ba and ma ma?” Chun’s eyes wonder around the room to find her parents.

“They are already back. I told them to. You slept so much that they are too tired waiting.” Lu Han tried to hold back his tears.

“How about you then? Don’t you feel tired waiting for me?” Chun blinks her eyes

“I’m afraid that when I go, I will never meet you again. I will never see you opened up your eyes again” Lu Han shed his tears.

“Lu ge, remember, you are a man. Don’t be like this ge ge.” Chun hardly breathes. Actually the pain is attacking but she needs to smile in front of her lover.

Lu Han shook his head. His tears can’t be stopped.

Two weeks after, Chun’s pain worsens. Dr Hun said she was in the last stage already. The tumor spreaded so fast that even doctor can’t stop the growth. While Chun is being suffered by her illness every day and she only can scream out of the pain. Her parents were never leave her side, neither do Lu Han. He even skipped the school for Chun.

That night, Chun can feel that she will be gone. The pain becomes more unbearable but she held it just for today. She prays to the God to reduce her pain so that before she dies, she could spend that limited time for her loved ones.

Both of her parents are letting Lu Han takes care of their daughter that night since they are already being together since last night. They knew Chun will go anytime but they still give a chance to Lu Han to bid a goodbye to their daughter.

Chun asked Lu Han to bring her outside of the hospital. Lu Han carried her in his embrace and they go to a quiet place, far away from the hospital. They can see beautiful shiny stars on the sky.

“Lu Han..” Chun leans on his shoulder. She feels so cold.

“Chun, you’re so cold right now. Let’s go back, huh?” Lu Han can feel Chun’s cold body even though she has already covered with thick blanket and Lu Han’s sweater

“Lu Han, have you done practicing rubik cube? Can you show me right now?” she tried fight with her pain with her pale smile

Lu Han brings out rubik cube from his pocket that he always played it everywhere. He turns the cube to solve it

While Lu Han was trying to solve it, Chun keeps talks to him.

‘There’s no time more’

“Lu Lu, do you remember what my dream was?” she tighten her seize on Lu Han’s body

Lu Han stopped his hand. He faced Chun.

“Chun, don’t go first. I’ve so many things to do with you. You need to be with me for me to achieve my dreams. No, don’t go leave me alone.” Lu Han starts to howl.  

 “I’m sorry Lu ge for not be with you in future. At least, my dream has come true now. I want you to chase your dream too. Then we will be in a fair play.” Chun again takes a long deep breathe. She looks so painful in Luhan's eyes.

Lu Han squeezed her tightly. His eyes are all wet but he doesn’t care.

“Lu ge, remember, you are a man. Don’t be crying like this. In future, be a good people to anyone. Whatever circumstances you might face, take it easy and don’t be   carried away too much by your emotions. I know my Lu Lu can do well. You have such a strong will. I will always watching you from up above.” Chun can feel the death is getting nearer.

“Lu ge, show me the rubik cube”

“I’m sorry Chun, I still can’t do it.” Lu Han feels so guilty and his tears keep falling down.

“It’s okay dear. Practice more; I’m sure you can do it. Lu Lu, hold me tight. I don’t know the pain can be this hurtful. I’m sleepy Lu Lu.” This time Chun was the one who’s crying. She can’t bear anymore the stinginess in her head.

Lu Han lifted Chun’s face and kissed her. It was their first kiss ever. It will be the last too, for Chun. Their faces are wet with both tears. Lu Han knows, it’s the time for him to letting go his spring.

“Go sleep dear. Have a nice dream. You’re already suffered enough. Take a long rest.” Lu Han embrace her in his chest. His tears become heavier when no more heartbeat of Chun he could feel.

 


dictionary: 

  1. Woh hun see-wahn nee (I Like you so much)
  2. dui bui qi (i'm sorry) 
  3. to to (many, a lot)