Nonsense Chapter: Please Remember, Special Interview with the Authoress

Please Remember

Nonsense Chapter: Please Remember, Special Interview with the Authoress
by Shinhwa

Junjin took a glance at the title reluctantly. “…I don’t like the title.” Others Shinhwa members nodded their head in agreement.

A : *gives them all death glare*

The Shinhwa members shivered at the sharp eyes, then decided to play along for the sake of their own existence in this fanfic. Junjin cleared his throat. “Then we’ll start, annyeonghaseyo, uri neun…”

SHINHWA IMNIDA!” the group completed the greeting in unison.

A : *nods satisfied*

“Wait! I have a question.” Hyesung looked at the authoress peevishly. “What are we actually gathering here for?”

“Yeah, I want to know, too. We’re supposed to be off schedule.” Minwoo chimed in.

A: Well, I know some of you have questions regarding this fanfic. So I decided I will answer your question in this special interview section…

“Ey… Why are we interviewing you and not vice versa…” Junjin protested.

A: Because I’m the author, so it’s up to me.

“…”

“…”

“If you’re the author then you’re our mother.” Eric said suddenly.

A: …well, yes. It’s technically correct.

“Oh, you’re my grandmother, then.”

A: huh?

Junjin gestured to Hyesung, then himself. “You see, he’s my Mama Bird, I’m the Baby Bird. If you’re Mama Bird’s mom then you’re my Grandmother.”

A: …

Junjin was oblivious to the dumfounded Authoress and gestured again, pointing himself, Hyesung, and then the Authoress. “Baby Bird, Mama Bird, Grandmother Bird.”

“Jin-ah.” Andy patted his hyung’s shoulder.

“But it’s true, right?”

A: …okay… Shall we start the interview?

“I have a question.” Hyesung raised his fist in the air.

A: Yes, Hyesung-sshi.

“Why are you so slow in updating this fic? It’s almost a year. A friggin year. You are so lucky you have very supportive and loyal readers, you know.”

A: Please take a look at my author’s note in chapter 6. I’ve explained it there. I suggest you to read the previous chapters carefully before asking next time.

“But that’s exactly why I ask,” Hyesung said in serious tone. “You’ve lost access to your account because your browser keep sending you ‘untrusted connection’ notification and you need a year to figure out you can login from different browser? You must be so dumb.”

A: ...next question, regarding the plot or something relevant to the story, please, not my updating speed or my intelligence.

“Me, me, I have a question.” Minwoo raised his hand this time. “It’s just merely the 7th chapter and they—” he gestured to Eric and Hyesung who were sitting side by side. “—had kissed already. Why are you rushing it? Not that I complain, as a RicSyung president I wholeheartedly support them to be together asap but other authors will usually prolong the process right? If they’ve been together in the 7th chapter what’s left there for the readers to wait?”

A: *ignores the RicSyung couple who blushed and avoided looking at each other* Who said they’ve been together?

The Shinwa members blinked. There was silence for seconds before all of them started talking altogether.

“What?!”

“What does that mean?”

“But they kissed!”

 “Whyyyy? They should’ve been in relationship by now…”

“Yah! I won’t kiss people unless I’m in a relationship with him!”

“Hyesung-ah don’t listen to this woman, we are in a relationship.”

“Don’t tell me…” Junjin’s eyes widened. “That whole chapter was a lie? You’re playing prank on us?”

“Or Eric had just dreamed about it?” Dongwan added eagerly.

A: Not gonna give you any spoiler~

“We want to know!”

A: Nooo~

“If Andy does something cute would you give us the answer?”

A: Nooo~

“We’ll do what you want, so give us the answer!”

A: I want to go on a date with Hyesung-oppa.

“Over my dead body.” Eric glared, possessively shielded Hyesung.

A: *shrugs* then I won’t tell.

“Then why the hell are you having this interview session if you won’t even answer our question?” Hyesung pouted.

“But by the way I want to ask this, why did Hyesung-hyung suddenly agree to do business with Jungmo? I mean, he was strongly refusing to cooperate but then he suddenly let Jung Yoori’s soul enter.” Andy queried.

“Because I’m a good guy.” Hyesung answered, chin was up and high.

A: Not really. It’s actually because he’s easily convinced. Yoori pled to him crying—pretended to, you know woman—and he didn’t have a heart to refuse. Once he agreed to help Yoori, the souls around them start to request the same thing, too, so he just couldn’t say no to them. That, and because he wants to go around places after he experienced flying for the first time, and while he was at it he thought it would be okay to lend his body for the souls to use.

The Shinhwa members nodded their head in understanding, except for Hyesung, whose lips formed a pout.

“Regarding to the recent event…” Minwoo spoke up. “Why was Minji’s soul able to take over Hyesung’s body? Wasn’t she still alive at that time?”

Dongwan joined. “Yeah, do you mean any kind of soul can enter Hyesung’s body? Not only the dead’s ones?”

A: Yes and no. Yes, Minji was still alive, but she was critical at that time, dying, and she had already let go her will to live. Her physical and mental condition had weakened her silver chord. It became so vulnerable to the extent she could free her soul completely from her body and enter Hyesung’s. If we compare it to Eric’s case, he wouldn’t be able to do the same because he was in healthy condition physically and mentally, although he was little bit tired.

Eric raised his hand this time.

A: yes, Leader Mun.

“Doesn’t every soul’s memory need to be triggered by calling out their name? Why’s Minji an exception?”

“Actually she didn’t remember who she was when she first woke up.” Junjin told Eric. “She remembered everything after sometimes.”

Eric frowned. “It’s still different from the others.”

A: Actually calling out the soul’s name isn’t the only way to trigger their memory. The memory trigger can be happened when the soul hear or see everything related to them when they’re alive. When Minji approached the scene and saw herself lying on the sidewalk, it triggered the memory transfer and she remembered everything back right at that time.

“I have a complaint.” Dongwan’s hand was in the air.

A: what?

“Hyesung did the AP, Eric did the AP, why didn’t you make me do the AP? Why am I always donggumong? Why can’t I be expert in something?”

A: *blinks* but you are expert in some things, Oppa.

“Yeah, Hyung… Remember those videos you uploaded on Youtube? It’s pro level.” Andy encouraged his hyung who looked upset over the trivial matter. “But I also have a complaint. Why do I only have a very small role here in this fanfic? I even didn’t appear that often. I understand this is RicSyung fanfic so Hyesung-hyung and Eric-hyung will have the entire spotlight but you can at least give me some important role, can’t you? I only appeared in the hospital bringing Eric-hyung his breakfast and then the next time I appeared I put sleeping pills in Hyesung-hyung’s noodle. You even wrote some Woodong scenes but none for JinDy. Please be considerate to my feeling, too!”

Everyone clapped their hands as Andy finished his nagging. Andy stood, made a small bow and sat back to his chair.

A: But those two appearances you mention above, Oppa, are the highlight of the scenes. You were the first witness to testify the switching soul phenomenon Eric’s witnessed. And you were the hero in chapter six, you forced Minji’s soul to leave Hyesung-oppa’s body by adding those sleeping pills. And if I may suggest you to re-read the 4th chapter, you were the one who made Yoori realizing that she wasn’t happy by her decision, also if you would, please refer to the 5th chapter where you blew Yongsun’s knife away from her grip. You have a very significant role through this story, Oppa.

Junjin nudged Andy, murmured. “Yeah, that one scene with the gun was freaking cool, Andy-ya. I’m envious. You see, I was wearing woman’s outfit that time pretending to be their date. I’m kinda useless.”

Andy looked at Junjin lovingly. “No, Jin-ah, you saved Hyesung-hyung from that accident, you are prominent.”

“Aw… You’re so sweet.” Junjin smiled, replying the loving stare.

A: there. I just made a JinDy scene so you can’t complain about it to me anymore.

“What is this!”

“Just like that?! Eiy…”

Minwoo suddenly sighed. “Actually the one who doesn’t appear enough and doesn’t even have prominent role in this fanfic was me.”

Everyone turned their head to the lead dancer.

“I am.” Minwoo insisted, looked sad and down. “Dongwan was the one who brought up this whole AP thing, without him there would be no story; Eric and Hyesung were the main roles, Junjin and Andy had some appearances, even became the key person in some scenes. Me? What had I done from the first until the last chapter? I can be mistaken as a bystander. I had no significant role to this story.”

A: Aigoo, Minwoo-oppa… No, you are not, you have a very prominent role in this story. You will— *stops abruptly* —can’t tell, I won’t give any spoiler.

Minwoo pursed his lips. “Don’t try to cheer me up. I have another complaint for you. Now I’m representing the readers and from my point of view—I mean the reader’s—you had leaved plot holes everywhere in your story. The most recent and noticeable one was Eric’s sudden change of personality.”

A: *aghast* huh?

Minwoo continued. “From the first up to sixth chapter, you pictured Eric as a calm, collected man who tried to hide his feeling for Hyesung and being overly considerate and thoughtful towards the other, he maybe tried to tease Hyesung sometimes but that’s it. Even though I really wanted to say that this wasn’t the Eric we know but I knew this is your fic and you can do anything about it but can you please at least being consistent to your concept? Why’s Eric suddenly becoming clingy and talk active towards Hyesung in chapter 7? He even kissed him! I can’t accept it!”

“That, that! I thought about that, too!” Dongwan agreed. “Eric in the 7th chapter was like the whole different person from the rest of previous chapters.”

“I felt it too!” Junjin raised his hand.

“Yeah, me too. I was wondering why the sudden change…” Hyesung lifted his hand.

A: Er… was it kind of understandable, the change?

The Shinhwa members blinked.

A: Eric-Oppa, care to elaborate?

Eric cleared his throat. “The me from the 1st until 6th chapter acted like that because I wasn’t really sure whether Hyesung would like me back or not. I didn’t want to risk making Hyesung uncomfortable by shoving myself to him. But in the 7th chapter I got to know that Hyesung was checking me out, Hyesung visited my flat in his astral form. I thought maybe Hyesung is at least a little bit interested to me. Why would he enter my room, then? So I made a move. I didn’t want to waste my chance, you know, your Leader is a very efficient.”

“But how about Hyesung? He was supposed to be dense to even noticing Eric’s feeling, why was he suddenly interested to Eric, he even acted like he was already in love with him for a long time in the end of chapter 7! It didn’t make sense.” Minwoo protested again, ignoring Hyesung whose face bet red.

A: I’ll let Hyesung-oppa answer that for you.

Hyesung turned bright scarlet by the words. “Why the heck I want to do that, no way!”

A: *sighs* not really cooperative, aren’t you? Well, Minwoo-oppa, since Hyesung-oppa didn’t want to explain, I would explain it to you in every single detail—

Hyesung gasped, and then said panicky. “What detail?! No, wait! I’ll answer it by myself!”

Everyone was looking at Hyesung attentively while the main vocalist stuttered, finding words to say. “Ah… Uhm… Well… Actually… Was it around second chapter or third chapter?” he frowned. “I already developed some feelings for Eric.”

There were murmurs of astonishment around him and Eric stared at him, aghast. “Really? Hyesung-ah, really? Since when?”

Hyesung nodded quietly, turned scarlet again. “Since you accompanied me that day in hospital. I thought it was because of mere shock that I felt relieved when you were there… But seems like it wasn’t the case… And those words you said before you left… It was a great comfort to me…” Hyesung trailed off, hiding his red tomato face behind his palms and Eric chuckled, putting an arm around the shy Little Prince’s shoulder and pulled him closer.

“Aigoo, aigoo, so cuuute.” Minwoo squeezed Dongwan’s arm. “Why are they so cute? How can we not ship them?”

“What did Eric-hyung say before he left?” Andy asked curiously.

Eric, still had an arm around Hyesung, answered. “I told him if something happen I will protect him.”

Andy looked impressed and gave a round of applause while Junjin sang. “Don’t be afraid~ Take my hand~ I will protect you~ That was supposed to be Hyesung-hyung’s part and not yours, Hyung.” He added, grinning from ear to ear.

We live for thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis love!” Dongwan suddenly shocked them all with his high-pitch singing. Minwoo slapped his shoulder, annoyed. “You sang right next to my ear, Babo-ya!”

“But I was kinda hurt to know you’ve been hiding it from me, Hyung.” Junjin pouted, eyes squinted.

Hyesung fanned himself, trying to get rid of the embarrassment. “I also didn’t realize anything until recently. I was only glad that he’s been staying beside me through my first days since the incident and both his act and his words convinced me that he’d really protect me… I felt safe when he was around. It was when I heard that he’s been in love with me I finally understood my own feeling.”

Dongwan chirped in. “Wait a minute, if according to your words you’ve already developed some feelings toward Eric started from chapter three, then why did you answer you have no one you were interested in when Eric asked you in chapter five?”

The Little Prince his lips hesitatively. “If I wasn’t wrong the question was if I have any girl I’m interested in…”

Eric chortled, giving Hyesung a brief hug. “You’re smart.”

“Eric-ah stop being touchy!” Hyesung was red again, pushing him away.

“But you’re so cute.” Eric smiled gently, eyes locked on Hyesung. “So, how many times did you visit my flat in your astral form before I found out?”

Hyesung took a glance at the Authoress restlessly. “One.”

A: Ey, one your fine …

Hyesung gritted his teeth and answered. “Okay, four times! After I overheard your conversation with Minji, I was hit by realization and… Well… Curiosity wins and I went straight to your flat… I wanted to know… More… About you…” he looked so shy when he said that and Eric quickly took his hand to his, squeezing it to assure him that he understood. Hyesung looked at him. “The picture of me in your room, you’ve kept it since my first visit, and it was still there on my second visit, and third, and forth.”

“Because it was always there. And it was always you.” Eric pecked Hyesung’s lips.

“Ew, get a room, won’t you?” Andy grumbled while Minwoo boomed in excitement, saying. “Can you just please get married?”

“Seeing them like this… I’d like to request you to write a Woodong for your next story.” Dongwan raised his hand, eyes pleading. “Since Minwoo is kind of cold towards me…”

Minwoo glared at him.

A: But I don’t really know about you or Minwoo-oppa much, tho…

“We shall hold a get together, then.” Dongwan insisted.

A: …

“I’m curious about something.” Andy spoke up.

A: Yes, Andy-oppa?

“How will this story end?”

A: Why would I tell you that now? My reader will leave if I do!

“She’s right. Yah.” Junjin poked his head softly. “Dumb Andy-ya.”

“Aside of Hyesung and Eric, will any of us be able to do AP as well?” Dongwan was still trying.

A: Hyesung-oppa would be the only one of you who could do it. Eric-oppa’s case was a mere fluke; he wouldn’t be able to do it again even if he tried to.”

“I wouldn’t?” Eric looked sad. “I haven’t gone anywhere aside of Plitvice. Yah, why did you call him so quickly, you could just take your time looking for that dog.” He nudged at Dongwan. “I still have some places I wanna visit with Hyesungie.”

“Oh come on, you can do it anytime now after you two are an item.” Dongwan retorted.

“So… Eric wouldn’t be able to do it, what about the rest of us?” Minwoo questioned seriously.

A: …

“Hyung, eat some walnuts…” Andy suggested.

“I will make him stir fried anchovy once we get home.” Hyesung hissed.

Minwoo pouted.

“Then with Minwoo-hyung’s question we’ve reached the end of our interview…” Junjin quickly said.

A: Huh? Is that it?

“People won’t be interested with this interview; they will only pay attention to your story.” Andy said.

“Right, instead of writing nonsense interview like this you better write the next chapter.” Hyesung joined in.

“If I was the reader I’d be upset when I saw that ‘updated’ notification in my subscription but finding this crappy interview instead of a new chapter.” Dongwan added mercilessly.

“True, why are you promoting yourself instead? You’re an author, not a celebrity.” Junjin said.

A: Fine! Fine! You all want me to quickly continue the story, right? I’ll do it! No need to corner me like that! Tch! *gets up and leaves*

The Shinhwa members watched her left.

“Phew… She finally left.” Eric sighed.

Junjin’s lips puckered. “Who does she think she is, asking us to interview her like that…”

“Now, now, time for us to do things. Let’s just say goodbye to the reader.” Minwoo suggested.

The Shinhwa members stood and bowed.

“We’re sorry for wasting your time with a nonsense chapter like this.” Dongwan said regretfully. “Our eccentric Authoress is under a lot of stress lately so she thinks writing something like this will help her relieved her stress. On behalf of the Authoress and Shinhwa, I deeply apologize.” He gave another bow followed by other members.

“Let’s hope she’ll really post a real update next time.” Minwoo smiled apologetically.

“And we humbly ask you to understand that she will update this story whenever she feels up to it, so we suggest you not to hoping for a regular update.” Dongwan said again.

Junjin tilted his head. “But isn’t she kinda in a good mood lately, and seems like her muse is back so we can hope for few more updates, maybe?”

“Don’t hope too much.” Andy warned.

“Yah, yah, enough, let’s end this already.” Minwoo interjected. “We thank you from the deepest of our heart for reading this nonsense chapter, we’ll see you in the next chapter!”

Jigeum kkaji uri neun~

SHINHWA IMNIDA!”

- End of nonsense chapter -