Chapter 4: I'll be Watching You From Above

Please Remember

Eric rolled on his bed. He couldn't sleep, he was tired but he couldn't sleep and his mind surely didn't want to stop working.

"Stop thinking." he knocked his head lightly. "It's three in the morning. You should be sleeping."

He felt like an idiot, talking to himself like that. He pulled his blanket covering his chest and curled up, folding his foot above another, after making sure he was in a comfortable position, he shut his eyes and started counting sheep.

"One sheep... Two sheeps... Three sheeps..." he murmured.

A scene flashed on his mind. Hyesung's scared face, looking at him as if his life was depending on him. Then the scene changed to Hyesung who hugged his knees, swaying back and forth with white face, whiter than it usually was. And then it changed again; Hyesung's hands around his waist, the trembling body of his, the vulnerable look of his eyes, and the sweet vanilla scent of him...

"Mun Junghyuk!" Eric scolded himself, getting up. "Aish!"

He kicked his blanket away, annoyed. There were light footsteps approaching his room and his door creaked open, Gomdori jumped onto his bed, burying itself into Eric's arms.

"You feel my worry too, Mun Gomdol?" Eric scratched the back of it ears. "Good Boy..."

Gomdori barked gently.

Yes, Hyesung's story was the cause of Eric's sleepless night. Knowing Hyesung, Eric would willingly run around Apgujeong if the Little Prince really made up the whole story to pull a prank on them. It was Junjin, not Hyesung.

Indeed, what Hyesung had said about a wandering soul inhabited his body and talked to him was a reasonable explanation for Eric’s strange feeling of unfamiliarity towards the other earlier. What if he didn’t really have amnesia? What if it was really not him who talked to him for the first time after being conscious? And seeing how serious and frightened Hyesung was, Eric couldn't help but thinking that his friend told the truth, no matter improbable it might seem.

"Wandering soul..." he rubbed his temple.

Eric looked at his clock. Few minutes past three. He snatched his smartphone from his nightstand and opened his Kakao Talk. He was worried. Hyesung couldn’t be serious when he said he wouldn’t sleep, right?

Mun Junghyuk: Asleep?

His heart danced inside his chest just by looking at Hyesung's name. Eric groaned in defeat, he was so pathetically in love. It had been years, but he still reacted as if he had only fallen for him yesterday. Hyesung still managed to make his heart skipped a beat by pouting to him, he still managed to send electricity all over his body whenever they touched, he still managed to make the butterflies inside his stomach going crazy by his dazzling smile.

Eric was hopeless.

He knew the feeling he had for the other wasn't mutual. Hyesung never looked at him more than the way he looked at Junjin. And Eric knew Hyesung didn't even love Junjin like that.

A faint tone snapped Eric from his thoughts, he looked at the screen, finding Hyesung's reply on it.

Jung Pilgyo: Nope.

Eric frowned. So he did really plan not to sleep at all?

Mun Junghyuk: What are you doing?

Jung Pilgyo: Playing Anipang.

Mun Junghyuk: Sleep.

Jung Pilgyo: No.

Mun Junghyuk: You'll get sick.

Jung Pilgyo: Better than going back to that state.

Eric stared at the screen. Hyesung seriously needed help.

He lifted Gomdori from his lap and opened his closet, pulling out some clothes from it and grabbed his toiletries from his bathroom.

"Gomdori-ya, dad will be leaving, okay. Take care of this place for me." he patted the head of his dog gently when he walked passed it.

Eric tossed the clothes and toiletries to his bag, then he pulled his drawer open, taking his car key with him and drove away from his apartment.

 

--

 

When Eric entered his room, Hyesung was still playing with his phone, spectacles on his eyes. He looked up in surprise, but his face softened when he recognized the man who just got in.

"Eric, it's four in the morning."

Eric put his bag on the seat. "That goes for you, too."

Eric quickly took off the spectacles from Hyesung's face. The main vocalist narrowed his eyes. "Don't start with me, Eric Mun."

"Your eyes are all bloodshot." Eric retorted, seeing how red and tired-looking the other’s eyes were. "Hyesung-ah, you've been awake for more than twenty four hours and I know you're sleepy."

"You don't understand, don't you?" Hyesung exclaimed desperately, throwing his phone into the bed. "If I lost my consciousness they will try to take over my body!"

"But you can always come back." Eric stared deeply at the big beautiful orbs which were tainted by fear. "The way you came back last time."

Hyesung bit his lower lip. "I-I'm afraid I won't be able to..."

"Hyesung-ah..."

"No!"

"Fine!" Eric threw himself onto the seat beside Hyesung's bed. "You stubborn idiot. Try to stay awake, but no glasses!"

"Fine!"

An hour later...

"Will hurt when you remove it later." Eric looked at Hyesung, who was trying to lift his eyelids using cello-tape.

"I don't care if it makes me stay awake."

"Pilgyo..."

"Shut up, Mun Junghyuk!"

"Okay, but don't say I haven't warned you!"

Another hour later...

"I can't take it anymooooore!" Hyesung wailed, hitting his head to the bed head, completely looked so un-Hyesung-ish. Eric face palmed, questioning himself which part of the idiot man in front of him could make him fall that badly in love.

All. He decided as he saw Hyesung sat cross-legged on the bed, palm hitting his head while pouting cutely and cursed some foul words at the same time, hair messed up and pointing here and there.

"Yah." Eric touched Hyesung's arm, stopping him from hitting himself. "Go sleeping if you want it so bad."

"But..."

"I'll call out to you." he let go of the arm grudgingly and took a step backward, afraid that Hyesung might be able to hear his crazy heartbeat. "That was how you can find your body, right? By listening to my call? If you get lost out there, just follow my voice. I'll take you back."

Hyesung startled.

They were silence for a while, staring at each other. And then Hyesung got up from the bed, leaning forward. Eric held his breath as Hyesung went closer...

And pinched Eric's cheeks.

"Ow! Yah Jung Pilgyo!!" Eric jerked the hands away from him, feeling the stinging pain. "What was that for?!"

"Is that really you, Mikkulaji?" Hyesung blinked. "You don't sound like yourself."

"This—"

"You're too nice it scared me." Hyesung pulled away, staring at Eric suspiciously. Eric tried hard not to pinch his chubby cheeks as revenge. He gestured with his hand for the Little Prince to just go sleeping and Hyesung lied back down obediently on his bed, but then he turned his head and called softly. "Eric."

Eric heart skipped a beat.

"Yes, Hyesungie?"

"Help me removing the cello-tape, please."

"..."


--

 

“…ric-hyung. Eric-hyung.”

Eric felt a hand shook his body gently, and the voice who called for him sounded familiar, too.

“Hmm…” he mumbled incoherently, not intending to wake up.

“Eric-hyung, you must have a breakfast.”

Eric opened his eyes heavily; a blurry figure was standing in front of him. He blinked several times and the figure came into focus. It was Andy, lifting a cup of coffee in a hand and a paper bag in another.

“Andy-ya.” He murmured, straightening his back and felt his bones crackling inside. “Urg, my body…”

Andy lifted an eyebrow. “Tsk, what do you expect, falling asleep on a chair like that…”

He handed the coffee cup to Eric, who yawned and glanced at the bed beside him. Hyesung was still sleeping, hands folded neatly on his chest, reminding Eric a lot of a sleeping beauty. He smiled unconsciously.

“Don’t you think we have to wake him up, too?”

“What time is it?”

“Half past nine.”

“Let him sleep a little more.” Eric sipped his coffee. “Ah, this is refreshing, thank you Andy.”

“You’re welcome, Hyung.” Andy grinned, now reaching out a lunch box to him. “Eat your breakfast.”

“Wow, you cooked?” Eric took the box, looking at him teasingly. “You sure have a lot of free time.”

“Not as much as yours.” The maknae stuck his tongue out. “How’s Hyesung-hyung?”

“Looks fine for me.” Eric shrugged, taking a spoonful of food.

Andy glanced at the bed warily. “Not for me. How about all the things he thought he did experience?”

Eric chewed his food while Andy waited for his answer.

“What if he really did?”

“Hyung, he said souls are trying to take over his body.”

“You did believe he performed the AP?”

“I did.”

“But not the wandering soul’s part? Why?”

“Because,” the maknae’s eyebrows furrowed. “I haven’t heard something like that before.”

“Well, there’s always first time for everything, isn’t it?” Eric said nonchalantly. “I’m the one who was with him when he first regained his consciousness, and as a friend who has known him for more than fifteen years, I can tell you it wasn’t Shin Hyesung or Jung Pilgyo I talked to.”

Andy said nothing to object and Eric finished his breakfast in silent. As Eric put down the empty lunch box to his lap, Hyesung stirred on his sleep. The little movement had drawn Eric and Andy’s attention. The Little Prince opened his eyes and stared above him drowsily for a moment.

“Good morning, Hyesungie.”

Hyesung sat up and turned his head to Eric’s direction, his expression was blank, and Eric got a bad feeling about it. It felt too much like a déjà vu. And his biggest fear came true when Hyesung questioned hoarsely. “Who are you?”

Eric saw Andy froze on his track, mouth open in amazement; they glanced at each other while the Little Prince rubbed his eyes.

“Uh… Hyung?” Andy tried. Hyesung looked at him. “Don’t you recognize me?”

Hyesung shook his head, brushing some fringes that covered his sight. “Who are you and where is this?” he looked around. “Is this hospital? Why am I here? Wait, who I am?”

Eric was silent, scrutinizing the Hyesung in front of him, trying to catch any sign of pretense from Hyesung. He didn’t. It looked like he really couldn’t remember them, or himself. It wasn’t Hyesung, he came to a conclusion. And this wasn’t that one soul he once talked to; he could feel the difference from the way he talked. Eric thought hard. Could it be another wandering soul who entered his body? It meant, according to Hyesung’s story, Hyesung was either here in the room or maybe wandered somewhere else, right?

He grabbed Andy’s wrist and pulled him closer, whispering. “Now you see.”

Andy’s brows furrowed, but then his eyes widened in realization. ”Is he…?”

“Yes. We need to—” Eric stopped, sensing a curious stare from Hyesung. He looked at him. “One moment.”

Then Eric pushed the door, dragging Andy outside.

“If I didn’t see it by my own eyes, I would never believe it.” Andy sighed, facing Eric. “What is it? An on-off amnesia?”

“We need to get Hyesung soul back to his body.”

“How?”

“Last time it happened…” Eric frowned, trying hard to recall. “Hyesung’s back after he went sleeping. Seems like the soul switching happen whenever he’s unconscious.”

“Then we only have to put him to sleep.” Andy suggested. “What if we ask doctor to inject him with sedative?”

“By what reason?”

Andy crossed his hands over his chest, looking thoughtful. “Then we can just… Hit him?”

“Ey…” Eric smacked the maknae’s shoulder lightly.

“Okay, how about we just wait until he sleeps and switch back by himself? I don’t see any harm to let him stay for a while.”

Eric thought for a moment, then decided Andy was true. The two went back inside the room, seeing Hyesung tampered with his phone, face looked all serious.

“Who is this?” He said after Eric and Andy arrived beside the bed, showing them a picture of himself on the phone. “Is this me?”

“Yes, it’s you.” Andy nodded. “You don’t recognize yourself?”

“No.” Hyesung looked confused. “Why… Why am I here, in the hospital? What’s my name?”

An idea suddenly appeared on Eric’s mind.

“We don’t know your name either.” He answered. “But we found things on your belonging… It has ‘Ok Jungmo’ written on it. Are you Ok Jungmo-ssi?”

“I… I don’t know… I can’t remember anything…”

“We also found something that belongs to Yoori, Jung Yoori. Do you know her?”

He didn’t know why he did that, he just wanted to know whose soul was inside the body and randomly threw the names he heard from Hyesung earlier. Hyesung face went blank at the mention of Yoori’s name and he froze. Seeing this, again, Eric and Andy exchanged glance.

Everyone was silent and Hyesung looked lost, staring into nothing in front of him.

“Hyung, are you okay?”

Hearing this, Hyesung jolted from his trance. He blinked several times, trying to recognize everything around him. He then turned his head towards Andy, opening his mouth.

“Yah! I’m your dongsaeng and I’m a woman!”

Silence fell among them after he said the words.

“Woah… I remember now!” The Little Prince continued, squeaking cutely. “Wow, it’s amazing. I know who I am! Why can’t I remember anything earlier?”

“…Jung Yoori-ssi?” Eric asked hesitatively.

“Yes, I’m Jung Yoori.” Hyesung nodded, then he started murmuring in an incredibly fast speed, leaving Eric and Andy shocked and trying to figure out what was happening.

“…Then I got my memory back!” Hyesung clapped his hands. “But how could you know calling my name would bring back my memory?” he asked Eric who was still dumbfounded.

“I… I don’t know. I did it without knowing. But hey!” Eric suddenly recalled. “This isn’t joke. You should get out of Hyesungie’s body.”

“Why?” Hyesung frowned. “He let me entered. Willingly. No guns pointed at him whatsoever.” he added, seeing Eric’s doubtful expression.

“Hyesung-hyung won’t do that.” Andy chimed, and Hyesung gave him an arrogant look.

“He just did, that’s why I’m here.”

“Where’s Hyesungie?”

“Out, maybe. He won’t be around for a while, he promised me that. He wants me to finish my business as soon as possible.” Hyesung explained nonchalantly, oblivious to the fact that Eric and Andy didn’t understand any single thing he said. He then looked at the I.V on his hand and groaned. “How can I get out of here with this on my hand?”

“Wait, Yoori-ssi.”

“Hmm?”

“Did you say Hyesung lends his body for you to finish your business?” Eric reiterated.

Hyesung shrugged. “That’s what I just said.”

Eric watched in horror when Hyesung took the I.V out of his hand carelessly.

“What are you doing?!” Andy exclaimed, shocked.

Hyesung jumped down from the bed and unpacked his bag, throwing clothes and jeans on the floor, completely ignoring Andy. “Let’s see… Ah, this will do, this, too…”

“Yah.” Andy barked, annoyed. “I’m talking to you!”

“I’ll explain as we go along, okay!”

“Huh? Where to?”

“Finishing what I’m supposed to finish.” Hyesung stared at them. “Turn around.”

“Eh?” Eric and Andy blinked.

“Turn around, I’m going to change and there’s no way I’ll do it with you staring!”

“But… You’re a man.”

Hyesung blinked his eyes. “…Oh, yeah, right. But still!”

Eric and Andy turned around resignedly. Even though they knew Hyesung was always so ladylike, seeing a real woman version of him was entirely different thing.

 

--

 

“Turn left on the next intersection.”

“Okay.” Eric automatically turned the wheel.

“Hyung.” Andy warned.

“Ah, right.”

There was a screeching sound when the car stopped all of sudden; Hyesung thrown forwards, bumping to the seat Andy was sitting.

“Ouch! Yah, Oppa! Why did you do that?”

“This is wrong.” Eric murmured, ignoring the strange feeling when he heard the word ‘Oppa’ came out from Hyesung’s mouth, and then flipped on his seat. “What if you’re lying to us?”

“Why would I lie to you?” Hyesung retorted.

“My intuition said you’re deceiving us.” Andy stared at his hyung rather intensely. “You’re actually intending to steal Hyesung-hyung’s body, aren’t you?”

Hyesung palm hit his forehead. “What advantage I’d get if I did that? Didn’t I tell you I just want to finish my business so I can go through the next world?”

“But what if you change your mind after realizing that you like living inside his body…”

“Are you dumb or what?! Even if I wanted to do it I won’t be able to because he would surely haunt me wherever I go and there’s no way a soul can be inside a body for too long when the connected soul is around, don’t you understand that?” He threw all the words in one breath, glaring at them.

“…Okay.”

“Good, his house is over there, right beside that confectionary shop.”

It took them less than a minute to reach the mentioned house. Hyesung got out from the car, staring at the house and the shop longingly. The tiny confectionary shop had pink and white painted wall, with a doll house-like white door, behind the windows were displayed various kind of cakes and sweets.

“It’s been a long time.” Hyesung whispered, eyes unfocused. “I wonder what he would look like…”

Even though he knew it was Yoori, Eric still didn’t like it when she said that with Hyesung’s voice. He didn’t like Hyesung’s facial expression, too. And he shuddered imagining what might happen when Yoori met the man.

Suddenly the shop door opened and a man appeared. Eric saw Hyesung gasped as the man walked towards their direction. Their eyes met. Hyesung opened his mouth, but the man walked passed him before he could say anything.

Hyesung froze for several seconds, but then he turned and almost called him, if only he didn’t see a woman ran towards the man happily. They watched in silence as the woman said something they couldn’t hear to the man, and the man replied, looking happy as he pulled out a tiny box from his pocket. The woman’s eyes widened when she opened the box, and then she smiled warmly to him.

Eric saw Hyesung’s face changed when the man put an arm around her.

“Hye—Yoori-ssi?” he nudged Hyesung, whose eyes were teary.

“It’s Jaehyuk.”

Eric exchanged glance with Andy.

“It’s him, the bond that ties me to this world.” They got startled as a tear escaped from Hyesung’s eyes, followed by others. He turned to look at Andy and Eric, smiling painfully. “He’s the reason why I’m a wandering soul.”

 

 

Eric’s eyes were fixated at the figure who was sitting in front of him. Eyes puffy and red from crying, Hyesung sniffed as he took more tissue from the box, wiping the tears that wouldn’t stop coming out. Andy was back with a cup of tea in his hand.

“Here.” He said, giving the cup to Hyesung.

“Thank you.” Hyesung’s reply was not more than whisper, his trembling hands received the cup, but he didn’t drink it.

“Drink it.” Andy encouraged. “It will make you feel better.”

After Jaehyuk and his woman left, Hyesung was crying non-stop that Eric and Andy decided to take him to the café nearby. Hyesung clung onto Andy and cried on his shoulder, and even if Eric knew it was Yoori, but his heart clenched at the sight of Hyesung sobbing uncontrollably, looking so helpless and broken.

Hyesung took a sip of tea, then lowered the cup, sniffing. “I was stupid, wasn’t I?”

Nor Eric neither Andy answered the rhetorical question.

“Of course, I’ve been dead for almost a year, what could I hope? He still mourning over my death and holding on to the memories we had when I was still alive?” a trembling laugh escaped from his lips. He paused. “But I thought he would. At least not this fast…”

“What happened?” Andy asked softly.

Hyesung sighed heavily. “One day I walked on this street and found that tiny shop with pretty sweets displayed on the counter. Because I was interested, I walked in and met him, the shop owner. I bought some sweets and went home.” He smiled. “The sweets were delicious. So I returned in the next day, trying some others, and unknowingly I became a regular costumer there.”

“Jaehyuk lives alone in this city, his family was in Jeju. We chit-chatted a lot when I shopped there… And he saw my love for confection. We got closer quickly because we shared the same interest. He offered me to work as his assistant, which I gladly accepted. The days with him spent with baking, laughing, trying new recipes, serving customer, and going to various places to find more and more recipes. It was then I realized that I fell in love with him. I felt wonderful and happy, too happy that I forgot that I didn’t have much time to live.”

Eric saw Hyesung’s eyes were glossy with tears.

“I had an incurable disease. I wasn’t expected to pass my 25th birthday. One day after we closed the shop, Jaehyuk kissed me and said he loves me.” He brushed his tears. “Oh, that terrible feeling… I was so happy I could die at that moment, and so sad because I knew I couldn’t return his feeling. He deserves to be happy, even if it’s without me.”

“So I stop coming to the shop, I avoided Jaehyuk. I told my parents to tell him not to come again, he kept coming to my house.” Hyesung took another sip of tea before continuing. “My condition got worsened in a very short time and I was hospitalized. I never saw him anymore since then, not until my funeral. I could see him among the guests, looked lost. My parents kept their promise not to say anything about my disease until the very last time. But I couldn’t stand seeing he looked so heartbroken… He cried.”

Hyesung sobbed faintly and Eric bit his lower lips, hating the sight of him crying. “I never get the chance to tell him that I love him. I didn’t come to the shop, I avoided places where we used to go, I was afraid I would accidentally meet him. I was afraid to see his sad and betrayed face. Weeks after my death, I met other wandering souls, that was when I realized that I was one of them, those who are bonded to this world.”

Silence reigned after Hyesung finished his story. He bowed, tears streamed down his cheeks.

“Did you regret it, not saying anything to him?”

“Of course.” He sniffed. “I wish I had a chance to tell at least about my feeling to him…”

Andy placed his hand on Hyesung’s back and gave it a light , consoling him. Hyesung inhaled deeply, head hung low.

“I’m supposed to be happy, right? But why am I crying instead?” he shook his head lightly before looking up. “You may call Hyesung-oppa now, I’m done with this.”

“Is that it?” Andy asked sternly before Eric could reply. The maknae looked serious and determined as he went on. “Is this what you want?”

“I want him to be happy, and he is.”

“But are you happy?”

Hyesung got startled.

“I… I am.”

“Then why haven’t you leaved? Why are you still here?” Andy continued. “Don’t lie to yourself, Yoori-ssi.”

“It won’t make any difference.” Hyesung mumbled. “It won’t be any different for him if I tell him or not.”

“Then do it for yourself.” Eric spoke up. “You know, Yoori-ssi, for me, the one who holds you back isn’t him. It’s yourself.”

Stunned, Hyesung said nothing for a while. Then, abruptly, he got up from his seat and headed toward the entrance door.

“Where are you going?”

“To the shop.”

Eric and Andy looked at each other, and then they got up and followed Hyesung who already crossed the street and entered the confectionary shop.

They saw Hyesung talking with an old woman inside the shop.

“…the cemetery?” they heard him reiterating.

“Yes. He said he has something to do.” The old woman answered.

Hyesung eyes slowly widened as he asked to Andy. “What… What date is today?”

“June, 9.”

He opened and closed his mouth, trying to say something but couldn’t. “Eric-oppa, can you take me there?”

They were silent along the way to the cemetery. The only one who spoke was Andy when he answered Junjin’s call, assuring him that Hyesung was fine and they were with him and apologizing for not telling him sooner.

They reached the cemetery and went through row upon row of gravestones, Hyesung leading the way. Then they saw him, Jaehyuk, standing before a headstone. Eric stopped and raised his hand to stop Andy from going closer to him. They watched as Hyesung almost ran towards the man.

Hyesung stopped only many feet behind Jaehyuk, panting. Jaehyuk, who recognized his presence, slowly turned around.

“Jaehyuk…” Hyesung said, his voice wavered.

Jaehyuk looked at him questioningly. “…Yes?”

“I-I…” Hyesung stuttered. “…It’s… What are you doing in here?”

Jaehyuk gave him a weird look. “I’m sorry… Did I know you?”

Only then Yoori realized that she was inside Hyesung’s body.

“Oh, I… I’m…” she quickly racked her brain, trying to find an answer. “I’ve heard about you from Yoori. I’m Yoori’s friend.”

Jaehyuk’s mouth formed an ‘o’. Hyesung inhaled deeply, stepping closer.

“You’re visiting her?”

“Ah, yes.” Jaehyuk smiled. “Today is a special day… So I decided to pay her a visit.”

They looked at the smiling picture on the tomb.

“…She… She talked about you a lot.”

Jaehyuk frowned when he heard it. “Me?”

“Yes.” Hyesung looked into his eyes. “Day and night. And she thought about you a lot.”

“Well…” Jaehyuk chuckled. “I’m surprised to hear it, given the fact that she left without telling me anything.”

“She did it because she didn’t want you to be sad knowing the truth. She wanted you to be happy.”

Jaehyuk chuckled again.

“She really thought I will be happier like this?”

“You’re not?”

“Of course I’m not.”

They were silent. Hyesung felt his heart beating rapidly, painfully against his chest, as he said.

“She loved you.”

Another silence reigned.

“I wish I had a chance to hear it from her, not from anyone else.” Jaehyuk laughed bitterly.

“It’s me.”

Jaehyuk froze.

Hyesung’s eyes were glossy as tears formed slowly. “Jaehyuk, at first I thought it would be better if you didn’t know what was happening to me… That I could just disappear from your life… That you would be okay.”

“I loved you. No. I love you.” He stated firmly. “And I’m sorry for keeping you in the dark. I’m sorry for being selfish. I’m sorry for making you suffer. Jaehyuk, I…”

Eric, Andy and Jaehyuk gasped when Hyesung’s body suddenly jerked and a soul of a woman, Yoori, floating out from the body. They ran towards Hyesung, Eric kneeled down and lifted Hyesung from the ground, laying his head carefully on his lap, while Yoori softly landed on the ground, clearly visible to all of them.

“Jaehyuk-ah…” her voice echoed faintly.

“Yoori-ya…” Jaesuk glared in disbelief. “Is that… You?”

“Jaehyuk-ah, I’m sorry… For everything.” Glittery tears streamed down Yoori’s transparent cheeks, but she was smiling. “I always loved you, and I still am. I made mistake by not telling you sooner.”

Jaehyuk extended his hand, touching her face. “Yoori-ya…” and he hastily d for his pocket, taking out a tiny box, opening it. A ring was there inside the box. “You… Do you still remember this?”

Yoori put a hand over her lips, body shaking as she nodded.

“That day, a year ago, when we walked passed jewelry store on our way back after groceries shopping, you said how beautiful this ring is.” He took the ring out from its box. “And I suggest you to save your money and buy it.”

“That was the last day we met, because you stopped coming the next day, right after I said I love you.” He slid the ring to her finger.

“It may be too late.” He looked up to her. “But it fits you perfectly.”

The ring fell into the ground when Jaehyuk loosened his fingers. Yoori sobbed harder.

“Thank you.”

Jaehyuk smiled, his eyes were teary as well.

“Thank you for loving me.” She said again. “Jaehyuk-ah. Please continue to live your life happily, take care of yourself and don’t get hurt.”

“Okay.”

“I’m leaving now.”

“…Okay.” Jaehyuk voice broke.

“Jaehyuk-ah…” Yoori smiled more widely. “I want you to know… I’ll be watching you from above...”

“I know.” He quivered.

“Goodbye, Jaehyuk-ah.”

Jaehyuk didn’t reply it soon, he bit his inner cheek, restraining his tears. “Goodbye, Yoori-ya…”

Yoori’s body started becoming more transparent.

“Eric-oppa.”

Eric got startled when she looked down, staring at him.

“Tell. When you still have the chance.” She winked, grinning. “Because we’ll never know what will happen tomorrow.”

Then she disappeared.

Neither of them said anything, each of them drowned in their own thoughts.

“Oppa…”

The soft call brought them. They saw the woman they had seen earlier, face pale.

“Is that…?”

“Yoori, yes.” Jaehyuk nodded.

“I heard everything…” she bit his lower lip. “Do you hear her, Oppa? He wants you to be happy. You need to let her go, and continue your life.”

“I will.”

“Let’s go.” She smiled, taking his hand to hers.

Jaehyuk blinked to move his tears away. “Okay.”

He then turned toward Andy and Eric, and bowed. “Thank you.”

The woman bowed too. “Thank you and I’m sorry if my brother has been a bother to you.”

Eric and Andy nodded back, smiling. They watched the two siblings walked away hand in hand, looking happy. They were getting ready to go back to their car when they heard the woman yelled from afar.

“Oh my god! Oppa, that was Shinhwa!”

 

--

 

“It’s his fifth serve.”

Terrified, Eric, Andy, Junjin, Minwoo and Dongwan looked at Hyesung took another bowl of food and started eating.

“Yah.”

“Heung?” Hyesung responded, mouth full of food.

“Just how much are you going to eat?”

Hyesung shrugged.

“Hyesung-ah you’re just gone for six hours.”

“And these idiots here.” Hyesung pointed his chopstick at Andy and Eric. “Didn’t give her anything to eat. It’s been almost eighteen hours since I ate my last meal, and I travelled quite far so I’m hungry.”

“Where did you go?” Dongwan asked, interested.

“Bali.” Hyesung answered. “Always wanted to go there.”

“You went across the ocean?” Junjin got surprised.

“Well, I fly.”

“COOL!” Andy, Junjin, Minwoo and Dongwan boomed in amazement and Hyesung grinned proudly, but Eric just stared at the main vocalist, didn’t really listen to what the others said as they started bombarding him with questions. Yoori’s last words kept repeating on his mind like a broken record.

Tell. When you still have the chance.

No. Eric decided. Not now.

He smiled, picking a piece of kimbap from the plate in front of him. He still had plenty of time.

“Eric Mun! Put it back down! You’re not eating my food!”

“…Yah!”

-tbc-

 

AN: Yoori's case closed. ;) The unanswered question will be answered in the next chapter. Uh... This chapter is quite long with some unimportant details, but I just couldn't throw away any of it since I enjoyed writing it. XD And I still want to thank all of you who still reading and waiting for this fic, for all of you who have leaved comments: you're the reason I kept on writing :9. Also for letzerella, russianrose, Lizzie91, kalanapantha, chrisivy, cantbeassed and melzchoc, thank you for subscribing! I hope you enjoy this chapter. See you on the next update! <3