Chapter 5: Sniper

Please Remember

“Why there’s so many of you?!” Hyesung protested in surprise when he was awaken in his astral state. There was a line of souls near his body and Jungmo was arranging them in high spirit.

“Well, the rumor spreads, you know.” The old man grinned to the annoyed vocalist.

Hyesung bit his lower lip. There were ten or twelve souls in the line, and he could recognize many familiar faces among them. The little girl with pigtail and the teenage boy with blonde hair and slender body whom he met in the hospital back then were there, and in the front line was the soul of the man who once inhabited his body.

“You!” Hyesung exclaimed; a part of him felt relieved knowing the man wasn’t captured by the Predator.

“Yeah, me!”

“Oh, Hyesung-ah, this is Kang Kyungjin-ssi, our next client.” Jungmo introduced the man.

Hyesung took a better look at the man. Kang Kyungjin was around his age, he wore suit, and he looked extremely weary.

“Can we do it like now, please? I’m running out of time!” Kyungjin shouted rather impatiently.

Hyesung frowned. He didn’t like the man.

“Easy, it’s not like the world will come to the end tomorrow…”

“The world, maybe no, but Korea will!”

Hyesung was taken aback by the words.

“Huh??”

--

“Okay, I don’t get it. Come again?”

Eric watched Hyesung sighed desperately, looking around to other Shinhwa members who were listening to him.

“She will execute the PM today if I don’t stop her!”

Five pair of eyes blinked altogether.

“I still don’t get it.” Junjin looked at Minwoo. “You, Hyung?”

“Just… Why don’t you tell us your story from the beginning, Kyungjin-ssi?” Eric spoke up.

“I don’t have time for that!”

Everyone was alarmed when Hyesung leaped on his feet and ran towards the front door.

“Hyesung-ah!”

“Just let him be.” Junjin waved nonchalantly. “I mean, it’s his business, we can always choose if we want to get involved or not, right? So just let him be.”

“I can’t.”

Eric moved towards the door which was now opened wide, Hyesung’s footsteps already got further away. “He’s doing something dangerous.”

Andy frowned. “And? Hyesung-hyung will be okay, Hyung. I bet he’s on vacation somewhere.”

“But his body probably won’t be.” Eric hastily put on his shoes. “Dongwan-ah, what if the body sustain for damage? What will happen to the connected soul?”

Dongwan frowned. “Of course it will…” he trailed off, eyes widened in realization.

Eric pursed his lips, face dark and solemn as he said. “That’s right. If something happen to the body, Hyesung will become another wandering soul.”

After seconds of silence everyone jolted and raced to the door, following Eric’s lead. They ran at their top speed toward Eric’s car and drove away.

“Eric-ah it’s him!”

Eric glanced towards the sidewalk and saw pale-faced Hyesung was running like there’s no tomorrow. Eric pulled off and got out the car, quickly grabbed Hyesung’s arm when the young man ran past him.

“What?! Get off my hand, I’m in hurry!” Hyesung looked horrified.

“You’ll die if you keep running like that, get into the car I’ll drive you there.” Eric said calmly.

Hyesung startled.

“Okay.” He said finally.

The journey was long and uncomfortable. Junjin, Dongwan, Minwoo and Andy kept glancing at each other silently behind Hyesung’s back, not really sure what to say. After more than thirty minutes in silence, Junjin decided to break the ice.

“So, er… Kyungjin-sshi? Can you tell us again what will be ahead of us?”

“My business, not yours.” Hyesung stated, looked all serious.

“But that’s my hyung’s body you’re in now.” Andy said stubbornly. “And as his brother I want to know what you will do with it.”

The hyungs looked at Andy altogether, rather impressed by the Maknae’s words.

“Andy-ya, ganji.” Minwoo lifted his thumb to Andy proudly before turning to Hyesung. “Yeah, as his hyung I want to know what will you do with my brother’s body?”

“Yeah, yeah.” Dongwan and Junjin chimed in.

Hyesung looked at them prejudicially before snorting. “Brother my . I know who you are. Shinhwa. None of you are his real brother.”

Dongwan was opening his mouth to retort but Hyesung cut off. “I can tell you only this, I’m a secret service who died on duty, and I have to finish my duty to protect the PM from our enemy.”

Junjin’s eyed widened in excitement. “Oh, wow… Secret service… As in… Special agent? You ran around with guns and shoot enemy bang bang bang like that?”

“Something like that.”

“Cool!” Junjin’s eyes twinkling and he beamed. Minwoo, Dongwan and Andy exchanged look while Eric sighed resignedly.

“So you’re in a secret mission? What is it? Can we help?”

“It’s called secret because public doesn’t know what it is, you see.” Hyesung muttered annoyingly but it didn’t stop Junjin.

“But you know, we’re total strangers and you can trust us, we won’t tell anybody else about this. Who will believe us if we tell, anyway? We, Shinhwa, an idol group, talking about Secret Service’s mission? Yeah right… They won’t buy it…”

“Jin-ah, yah… Stop it, you’re bothering him!” Dongwan slapped Junjin’s shoulder but the younger didn’t care and kept talking.

Hyesung face palmed and turned his head to look at Eric. “Is he always this noisy?”

Eric shook his head. “Maybe he’s drunk.”

“Kyungjin-sshi, Kyungjin-sshi…”

“FINE! I’ll tell!” Hyesung finally gave up and Junjin clapped hands, completely happy.

“I’m the one who’s responsible for PM’s safety with one of my friend. Some months ago we received notification from an underground group, saying they will be targeting the PM. We investigated the sender but found nothing useful, so we worked harder that day protecting the PM and turned out it was just an empty threat, nothing happened.”

Hyesung was silent for a moment before he continued, thought lost in reminiscence. “Then, notifications keep coming one after another, we tried everything to track the source, still no use. Worse, looks like our office had most likely been penetrated by them, stuff position changes and things… Our office has no ordinary security system, you know. It told us how dangerous our enemy is. But then…”

“You suspect somebody from your side?” asked Minwoo eagerly.

Hyesung frowned. “How did you know?”

“It’s the most basic plot twist that always occurs in movie.” Minwoo shrugged while the others made ‘oooh’ sound collectively.

“Well, yeah…”

“Ah!” Dongwan exclaimed, looking excited. “Basic plot twist, number two, the real culprit is your partner!”

Now all eyes were looking at Hyesung, awaiting his confirmation. Taken aback, Hyesung blinked and slowly nodded his head. “Yeah…”

Everyone was either patting the proud-looking Dongwan’s back or making applause admiringly. Dongwan was grinning ear to ear, but he cleared his throat. “So… Your partner was the culprit?”

Hyesung nodded again.

“But doesn’t it mean case closed?” Minwoo frowned.

Hyesung was hesitating. “I… I don’t have enough evidence.”

Eric snorted.

“What?”

“You love her.” The Leader smiled without looking at Hyesung.

Eric could feel Hyesung’s stare on him and he finally turned his head. “You do, don’t you?”

“I…” the Little Prince was again hesitating. “Who are you really? How could you know all of this?”

Five different voices responded out of habit. “Uri neun… SHINHWA IMNIDA!

Hyesung’s face fell and everyone spoke at the same time.

“You’re falling in love with enemy?”

Daebak!”

“Ey… I’ve read this story somewhere…”

While everyone was busy talking, Eric took a glance at Hyesung silently. The Little Prince sighed and leaned on his seat.

“So… She’s…?”

Hyesung bowed. “Yeah, she’s the one who kill me.”

Silent.

“…How?”

“It wasn’t intentional.” Hyesung answered rather defensively. “She would never want to kill me, she was just defending herself.”

None of them was saying anything afterwards, but Eric saw anxiety flashed inside Hyesung’s eyes.

 

Eric got off the car and stared at the building in front of him, an ordinary two-storage boarding house.

“And I always thought secret services must live a luxurious life…” Junjin commented, lifting his eyebrow.

Hyesung turned to face them. “Listen, this is my business so all of you just stay here and don’t interfere with anything may happen later.”

“We can’t do that.” Eric blocked Hyesung’s way, earning a frown from him. “Well, I can’t do that. I have to take full responsibility of my member. I’m going with you.”

Hyesung shook his head, face hardened. “No you’re not. Move aside, I’m running out of time.”

Eric didn’t budge; he stared at Hyesung’s eyes, flinching deep down because the eyes were looking at him so intensely. “No, I won’t. I’m going with you or we’ll drag you back to the car and leave.”

The words lit fire in Hyesung’s eyes but he didn’t say anything. Eric waited patiently, trying hard not to blink as both of them looked into each other’s eyes.

“Fine.” Hyesung said finally. “Just let me do the talk.”

Eric nodded in agreement. Both of them were walking towards the stairs when Junjin shouted.

“Hyung I wanna come to!”

“No, Jin-ah, you stay here and protect them.” Eric signed to the other members. “You know they’re not very reliable.”

“What?” Dongwan protested but Eric waved him off and followed Hyesung who had already reached the stairs.

Hyesung walked toward the farthest room in the end of hallway, face tensed and hand formed fist. He stopped in front of the door, staring at it for a few seconds before raising his finger to ring the bell, but Eric caught his hand.

“What?” Hyesung peevishly glared at Eric.

“You’re now Shin Hyesung, what are you gonna say to her with that form?”

Hyesung blinked. “…Oh.”

He looked thoughtful for a moment but then he raised his finger again and Eric stopped him for the second time.

“I told you, what will you—”

“I’ll just tell her to abort the operation, I’ll warn her she’ll be under supervision if she insists and then we can leave like that.”

“You can’t do that, you put Hyesung into danger.”

“I won’t. No shoot, no fight, just words.”

Eric sighed frustratingly. “Look Kyungjin-sshi, you think she will let us go just like that after we tell her we know what she’s up to?”

Hyesung opened his mouth, but he found no word to say.

“She will try to silence us, no? Isn’t that how you work? Kill the witnesses? You will harm both of us, and my members down there.”

Eric looked into Hyesung’s eyes seriously. Of course, he couldn’t let this Kyungjin do any harm to Hyesung’s life. Hyesung was thinking hard, biting his lower lip.

Both of them startled when suddenly there was clicking sound coming from the door in front of them. Eric moved his leg but before he could ran or hide the door opened, revealing a woman in her late twenties. The woman lifted her head and they could see her eyes were all swollen and red, they could easily guess she had been crying a lot. She looked at them in astonishment.

Eric took a glance at Hyesung, who was opening and closing his mouth, didn’t know what to say.

The woman frowned, scrutinizing both of them, then her eyes widened when she recognized the two figures.

“…you’re…?” she finally spoke, seemed unsure if she saw it right.

“Y-yes…” Eric and Hyesung stuttered, moving awkwardly.

The woman stared at them again. “…what… what are you doing here?”

“Oh…” Hyesung answered. “Yongsun-ah…”

Eric nudged Hyesung’s waist and the latter turned his head peevishly at him, Eric glared and understanding swept Hyesung’s face. “Er… Yang Yongsun-sshi, right?”

“Yes, I’m Yang Yongsun.”

“Well… Yongsun-sshi…” Hyesung paused and Eric waited anxiously, wondering what the other would say. “I… I… Uh…”

Hyesung looked at Eric helplessly and Eric racked his brain in milliseconds.

“We’re filming ‘A Date with Shinhwa’.” Eric stated, congratulating himself for his brilliant save. “It’s a program where we’re going on one day date with fans.”

Yongsun’s frown got deeper as she looked around. “I don’t see any cameras… And… I’m not a Shinhwa Changjo…”

Eric mentally slapped himself while Hyesung’s face fell.

“You might not see any cameras but we have some hidden cameras around here, we’re coming to houses and ask the householders to go on a date with us.” Eric tried again, hoping he didn’t sound too desperate.

“…Oh.” Was the only respond from Yongsun.

“So… Do you have free time today? Me and Eric will accompany you on a date.” Hyesung smiled brightly.

Yongsun’s face suddenly changed a bit as she took a glance at her watch. “I… I can’t for today, I’m sorry. I have to go in thirty minutes.”

Eric could feel Hyesung tensed beside him.

“You really can’t? It won’t take long, we only need to film it for two or three hours.”

“I’m sorry, I can’t.”

“But—”

Eric cut Hyesung off. “It’s okay, we’re sorry for coming all of sudden and taking your time.”

Yongsun shook her head, smiling slightly. “It’s okay.”

“Then we’ll take our leave.” Eric bowed, tugging his arm to Hyesung and dragged him away. From the corner of his eyes he still could see Yongsun staring at them but he kept walking, ignoring Hyesung’s noisy protests.

“We need to get back there and stop her!” Hyesung exclaimed when Eric kept dragging him downstairs.

“Don’t be stupid, she’ll suspect us if we insist! Let’s get back to the car first and think about what we should do.”

“You heard what she said she’s going somewhere in thirty minutes! I must do something!”

Dongwan, Minwoo, Andy and Junjin turned their head when they heard Hyesung’s loud voice. Eric was calm as he approached them, still not letting go of Hyesung.

“We’re gonna plan something, Kyungjin-sshi, but you need to calm down a bit.”

“How could I? I’ve been sworn to protect the PM and now he’s in mortal danger! I do understand you don’t want to harm your life for him but it’s my job so I will go and stop her.”

Eric turned around facing Hyesung. “You’re not going anywhere with Hyesung’s body.”

It wasn’t a demand, it was an order as charisma and confidence overflew from him and the Shinhwa members around him once again reminded why he was Shinhwa’s Leader.

“I understand you’re dedicated to your job but you’re dead, Kyungjin-sshi. You can’t do what you want with my friend’s body because he has his own life to live after this, so now sit down and let’s think about what to do together.”

Hyesung, for once, didn’t say anything and obeyed him right away.

They were in silent for a moment.

“Why didn’t you tell your comrades about her?”

“I told you… I didn’t have enough evidence and she accidentally shoot me when I confirming the truth with her.”

“So… What about telling it to your comrades now?”

Hyesung looked at Junjin as if he was crazy.

“What?”

“You see…” Junjin explained carefully. “If your comrades know about her plan, they will stop her, no? And we’re done with this.”

Hyesung shook his head. “I can’t do that… My comrades won’t believe me.”

“Even though they don’t believe you they’ll find it peculiar that a singer tips them off about a secret plan for executing your PM, won’t they?” Minwoo suggested.

“No… I can’t do that…”

“But why?”

“Yah, you insensitive bastards, he won’t do that, of course he can’t do that.” Dongwan muttered peevishly. “If he does that she’ll put under investigation, right? Then if she’s found guilty she’ll be jailed for sure. He doesn’t want her to go through hard times.”

“Wow, you’re full of sense.” Hyesung praised Dongwan.

“Yeah I am, but you know, you can’t be like that. You said you’re a dedicated secret service but another side of you roots for that woman so which one you want to protect the most, your PM or your woman?”

“True!” other Shinhwa members shouted in unison to Dongwan’s words.

Hyesung was lost for words.

 

Yongsun checked her surrounding before putting her hand inside her purse and that way she began walking. The six Shinhwa members trailed behind her very carefully.

“We only need to keep an eye on her and distract her, right?” Minwoo questioned.

“Yes, yes, that’s it for now.”

They saw Yongsun walked to a nearby park. The park was filled with people who were out on weekend, so many booths selling foods or merchs and things scattered around the park. Yongsun walked toward a bench and sat there. She then pulled a pair of shades from her purse and put it on.

“Shades in this kind of weather?” Andy murmured.

“She’s too obvious. Is she really a secret service?” Minwoo joined in.

“Guys now listen, I and Hyesung will move closer there, you Guys stay here.” Eric growled when protests occurred from every direction. “You Guys stay here and help us if we’re in emergency.”

“What emergency, you’ll have the entire thrill for yourself while we’re just waiting here.” Junjin pouted. “Ey… No fun.”

“Jin-ah, trust me, I’d rather stay here and wait than to be there.” Eric said sharply.

“Then let me go instead, Hyung, you can stay here.”

“No.” How could he trust Hyesung’s life to Junjin? Just no.

Junjin sighed in defeat and Eric and Hyesung walked toward Yongsun, carefully shielding themselves behind people so she wouldn’t see them.

“PM will come in fifteen minutes.” Hyesung checked his watch. “When he comes, we will approach her and distract her until he leaves this park sound and safe.”

“I understand.”

They sat two benches away from Yongsun, eyeing her.

“So what makes you insist in protecting her?”

Hyesung looked bewilderedly to Eric. “Uh… Because I love her, as you suggested?”

“It has to be more than that, right? She killed you and you’re not even mad at her at the slightest.”

Hyesung chuckled. “Well… Yeah… Yongsun… She’s the purest existence I could ever find in this earth.” He paused, lowering his head. “She already experiences the worst ever since she was a toddler.  Being abused is an understatement, the sick people around her torn her body and soul apart. But she survives, a guardian angel came to her life when she was twelve, and that uncle had become the most important person to her ever since, and Yongsun got her life back, she even worked her way out to the elite squad.”

“But a year ago, a person was executed for smuggling drugs, turned out he was a part of large drug mafia gang, one of their head. You heard about that?”

Eric nodded.

“That’s her uncle.” Hyesung said serenely. “Yongsun’s once again torn apart, he was a great savior for her nonetheless. She cried for nights. And I was the one who comfort her back then.”

“But why would she want to kill the PM? It’s her uncle’s fault anyway.”

Hyesung sighed. “The agent who’s in charge of that drug smuggling case was Yongsun. The drugs worth one billion won disappeared from police’s office and they suspected Yongsun because she’s related to her uncle.”

Eric saw Hyesung gritted his teeth angrily. “They said PM ordered him to be executed to punish Yongsun because she’s failed them.”

“…what?”

“I know.” Hyesung muttered. “It’s what makes her feel betrayed.”

“…so it’s like that.”

“And…”

“And…?”

“Yongsun… She’s having my child.”

Eric felt a pang in his heart as he saw Hyesung’s face reddened when he said this.

Eric Mun get a hold of yourself! He scolded himself, but the uncomfortable feeling crept out from his heart spreading to his entire body. Eric blinked few times, trying to collect himself as he felt his palms both sweaty and his heart began to race.

“I don’t want her to go through hard times when she’s in that condition, so I can’t tell my comrades. Now you understand, huh?” Hyesung looked Eric into his eyes and there was another pang in the Leader’s heart.

“Yes, of course.”

Hyesung’s face reddened even more and Eric lost in his thought.

“Listen, you’re not going to tell anyone about this, okay?”

“Okay!”

Eric answered rather loud and it drew attention from everyone around them, including Yongsun.

“Oops…”

Eric’s eyes meet Yongsun’s, or not, he couldn’t really tell because her eyes were hidden behind the shades, but her head was facing them and her lips were apart, she looked astonished.

“Oh… Hello…” Eric bowed, realizing she had already seen them. He gestured Hyesung to follow him approaching her. “Looks like we run into you by accident?”

Yongsun smiled, but still didn’t take her shades off. “What are you doing here?”

“We’re filming…”

Yongsun looked behind the two guys. “Where’s your date?”

. Eric thought.

“She’s… Going somewhere.” Hyesung quickly answered. “To buy something.”

“Oh…”

Awkward silence fell among them.

“What are you doing here, Yongsun-sshi?” Eric decided to break the ice.

“Oh… I’m waiting for my companion.” She answered almost automatically. “We promised to spend the night together somewhere.”

Eric looked at her. “You’re gonna spend the night somewhere but you only bring a purse?”

Yongsun looked down, realizing the fact. She then chuckled awkwardly. “Well… We plan to go shopping first, so I don’t bring any clothes…”

“Is that so…?”

Yongsun smiled. “You think I’m lying?”

“No… But you did sound a bit flustered, if I may say.” Eric smiled back and Hyesung stunned at this change of behavior. “Did you lie because you didn’t want to go on a date with me, Yongsun-sshi?”

Yongsun looked taken aback by this, she cleared and looked down, avoiding eye contact while Eric hoorayed mentally, thanking God for his good looks.

“N-no, Mr. Mun.”

“Please, just call me Eric. Then until your companion arrives, do you mind to join us?” Eric offered her his hand.

Yongsun was hesitating and Hyesung looked annoyed.

“I’m sorry, Eric-sshi… I can’t.” she answered. “I really can’t. Oh by the way, are you sure your date isn’t getting lost somewhere? It takes her quite sometimes.”

Eric and Hyesung exchanged glance. “Well… She…”

Yongsun suddenly smiled brightly. “You know, Eric-sshi, I think you and Hyesung-sshi are the ones who is lying to me.”

“What?”

“I don’t know what you want but for me it looks like you’ve been following me here. The fact that you let your date went alone somewhere ruin your excuse that you’re filming. If you really are filming, one of you would accompany her, isn’t it basic rule of broadcast? She alone wouldn’t be interesting to watch.” she smirked confidently. “Does your date even exist, Eric-sshi, Hyesung-sshi?”

Eric and Hyesung tensed. She was cleverer than they thought.

At that time…

“Oppaaaaaaaaaaa!”

Both of them turned around and saw someone, a woman in dress, with a long brownish hair, running toward them. Eric was almost fainted.

JUNJIN.

“Oppa, I was getting lost… It’s so jam packed here!” Junjin flip his hair adorably, voice raised an octave higher than usual. “Oppa, I found a shooting booth over there?”

Eric quickly joined in to the scenario. “Ah, well, let’s go there…”

“By the way who is this unnie?” Junjin blinked cutely and Eric suppressed the feeling to throw a punch to the make-up covered face of their second maknae. “Is she your friend? Hello, I’m Park Seungja, I’m on a date with Eric-oppa and Hyesung-oppa, could you believeit?”

Yongsun opened to respond but sound of cheers interrupted her. They looked at the source of the noises and saw polices and cars arrived nearby.

“The PM…” Hyesung whispered in fear.

Yongsun looked aware of the situation.

“Seems like my friend’s coming, see you, Eric-sshi, Hyesung-sshi.”

She joined the sea of people who rushed to the cars. Hyesung was in panic.

“We must stop her!”

He moved forward, hands pulling and pushing people around him to make his way to the front while Eric and Junjin followed him closely.

“One question, Jin-ah, not that I really mind it, but why it must be you?” Eric hissed.

Junjin shrugged. “Dongwan-hyung and Minwoo-hyung are too bulky to be a woman, and Andy swore he will beat us to death if we make him wearing this dress, hence me. Why? You don’t like me?”

Eric chose to ignore this.

They went pass people to reach the front line and they saw Yongsun few meters in front of them.

“It’s her!”

Hyesung grabbed Yongsun’s arm, making the later startled.

“You!” she exclaimed, but Hyesung pulled her somewhere, away from the people, and the cars.

“Wait, Hyesung-sshi, get off my hand, please!”

Hyesung pretended not to hear this. “Yongsun-sshi, you’ll get hurt if you go there, let’s stay here until the parade is over.”

“No, I can’t, my friend is waiting for me.”

Eric took a glance at Yongsun’s right hand which was still inside her purse. His expression changed when he thought about something.

Dangerous. It was too dangerous for them.

“Hyesung-ah…” Eric touched Hyesung’s shoulder. Hyesung looked at him and he signed to the purse. Hyesung nodded, eyes shadowed by anxiety.

“Look, you can’t just drag me here without my consent. I’m sorry, I have to go.” Yongsun was annoyed and quickly turned around to leave, but Hyesung caught her right hand and pulled it.

Yongsun looked terrified when a gun thrown out from the purse and fell to the ground.

“A gun?” Eric pretended to be shocked. “Yongsun-sshi?”

Yongsun froze for seconds, but then, without warning, she leaped forward, hand stretched toward the gun. But Hyesung was faster than her. He rolled and snatched the gun before Yongsun could lay her hand on it.

“Who are you?!” Yongsun asked harshly.

“You already know us, ee’re Shinhwa.” Eric answered calmly. “Yongsun-sshi, don’t do anything stupid…”

But Yongsun already charged toward Hyesung even before Eric finished his sentence. Hyesung dodged and she attacked empty air, she quickly turned facing Hyesung, ready in her position. People cheered loudly in the other side of the park, sounded so far away from them.

“Give me back my gun and no one will get hurt.” Yongsun said calmly, eye scanning Hyesung, Eric and Junjin one after another.

“Yongsun-sshi we’re three men and you’re just a woman.” Eric tried to negotiate. “Do you really think you can beat us?”

Yongsun smirked. “You’ll be surprised.”

And she launched forward, showering them with kicks and punches. Junjin jumped away to avoid a kick and she changed towards Hyesung, who received all her attack and fought back.

“Eric-ah!” Hyesung threw the gun to Eric, who caught it and backed off from the two agents.

Andy, Minwoo and Dongwan ran toward them hastily, shocked by the fight which had been happening in front of them.

“How could she know?” Dongwan asked Eric, who sighed heavily. There was no turning back, now after Yongsun suspected them there was no way he could let her get away freely, she had to be sent to prison, even though he knew Kyungjin would oppose it.

The fight was still going, getting worse each second and Eric watched anxiously when Hyesung got punched several times, but then with one swift move Hyesung caught Yongsun’s arm and locked her to the ground.

“Yongsun-ah… Please, just stop this…”

Yongsun was trying to break loose, but it was no use.

“Who are you really?” she asked weakly.

“It’s me… Don’t you recognize me?”

Yongsun’s face changed when he looked at Hyesung. “Wait… No way… It’s not possible…”

“Yeah, it’s me.”

“…Kyungjin-oppa?”

Hyesung nodded and Yongsun startled.

“No… But you’re dead… I killed you. I killed you!” and she broke into tears. Seeing this, Hyesung’s body jerked and next second he lied unconsciously on the ground, while Kyungjin’s soul was there, floating. Yongsun tried to get up, eyes locked to the transparent soul before her, more tears streamed down her cheek.

“Oppa…”

“Yongsun-ah…” Kyungjin said. “I understand you want revenge, but think about yourself, and our baby, please.”

“Oppa… I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to kill you.”

“I know… I know that. I didn’t blame you.” Kyungjin smiled. “I know you’re hurt, but you’re not the only one… Seeing you hurt… I’m hurt, too. Yongsun-ah do you regret killing me?”

Yongsung nodded, not saying anything.

“Then live on happily. If you do that then I’ll be happy as well. I won’t be happy if you keep a grudge like this.”

“No…” Yongsun cried. “No, I won’t live… I’ve lost uncle, then I lost you… The only thing that keeps me alive after you’re gone is the thought of revenge. But now…”

She suddenly grabbed her purse and took out a knife from it.

“Yongsun-ah! No!”

“Yongsun-sshi!”

Yongsun hold the knife, pointing it toward her neck. “I have no reason to live anymore. So I’ll say goodbye.”

She smiled and everyone shouted.

In the chaos Eric felt someone snatched the gun in his hand.

There was a loud bang and then the knife flew from Yongsun’s hand, while the woman fell on the ground, eyes closed. Everyone rushed toward her, except for Eric, who turned his head to see who did that.

“She’s fine, she’s just fainting.” Dongwan assured Kyungjin. “The bullet went through the knife.”

“How could you do that?” Eric asked in amazement.

“Well…” Andy smiled coolly. “I’m a sharp shooter.”

“Oh!” Minwoo suddenly shouted, making all of them look at him. “I found a title for our next song!”

All of them waited patiently as Minwoo made a dramatic expression and opened his mouth.

“Sniper.”

--

Hyesung handed a glass of milk to Yongsun. “Here, drink this.”

“Thank you, Oppa.”

Eric, Hyesung, Dongwan, Minwoo, Junjin and Andy watched her as she emptied the glass.

“Yuck, it tastes disgusting.” She frowned.

“You have to drink that for your baby.” Eric commented.

“Yeah I know.” Yongsun smiled. “I’m sorry I’m bothering you. Asking you to come out of the blue…”

“Nah, it’s okay. But why is that?” Hyesung asked.

Yongsun stared at Hyesung, her face blushed instantly when their eyes met. “To see Hyesung-oppa…”

Other members looked at Hyesung who also blushed furiously.

Yongsun cleared nervously. “Don’t get me wrong… I was trying to convince myself that Hyesung-oppa back then is really Kyungjin-oppa… And yes, I can feel the difference between him and you. Not by much, though.”

Dongwan replied. “Ah, I also thought Hyesung’s kinda resemble Kyungjin. I mean, both of them are hot headed…”

“Hmmm… So it must be the case…” Minwoo took a glance at dumbfounded Eric.

“And thank you.” Yongsun smiled again. “I was so devastated after killing Kyungjin-oppa, and I was consumed by rage and desperation, I didn’t think about anything but revenge… But our last meeting had changed me. I promise I will live my life happily from now on, for me and this baby…”

They looked at the happy woman, who gently caressing the bump in her tummy, and they knew it would be alright.

Eric was still burdened when they headed out from the hospital later. While other members chattering noisily, he was silent and busy with his own thought. The pangs he felt when Hyesung said that Yongsun was having his baby, even though it was actually Kyungjin; the uncomfortable feeling when he looked at blushing Hyesung when Yongsun said she wanted to see him…

“Hyesung-ah.” He called the younger weakly. Hyesung stopped and turned to him.

“Hm…?”

“You…” Eric hesitated for awhile. “Do have any girl you’re interested in?”

Hyesung blinked several times. “Huh? What kind of question is that, Eric-ah?”

“Just answer it!”

Hyesung frown. “What is it… I don’t have any.”

“Really?” Eric asked eagerly.

Hyesung shrugged. “With our upcoming comeback and people like our members I don’t think I need any girl to make my life more interesting.”

A rushed of feeling swept inside Eric. Without saying anything, he quickly took Hyesung’s hand with his and held it tightly.

“What… Eric-ah, hands off!”

-tbc-

AN: Hello! Long time no see. I'm so sorry I've ignored this fic for so long, but I finally managed to post an update. An update after... *counts* 9 months? *slaps self* I hope you'll stay with me until the end. ^^ Thank you for being with me up to now. I actually updated this because I promised myself to post an update if Shinhwa could get their 9th win on Inkigayo last week. XD I'll update ShinBang Drabbles to from tomorrow for a week. About this chapter... Well, I started this chapter almost nine months ago, the original title is "The National Mission", but then Shinhwa cameback with a bang and I decided to revise some part of this to match their Sniper lyrics. Kekeke. Also, I have news to tell... Actually I'm a script writer for one of national broadcast station here in my country. Few weeks ago I submitted this fic to my Executive Producer and he approved the idea. Of course it will be some adjustments to meet audiences' taste and broadcast regulation (like there'll be no RicSyung since it has to be malexfemale T___T). We're gonna shoot the pilot episode in two weeks. If our chairman and panelists like it, this fic is going to be made into a drama series. ^^ Please wish me luck! -Aya-