Chapter Four

He's My Roommate

Ki Seoul sat on a bench in the dark and lonely garden outside the Law building. The music coming from the big hall on the gym could be heard from where she was. The party had started not long ago, but she was highly enjoying herself being there, away from all that men. 

Although, she had to be honest, there was a tiny feeling of anxiety inside of her as well. There shouldn't be! Kim Him Chan was a grown up man and he was capable enough of taking care of himself. It was none of her business what those two guys were planning to do.

Maybe the fact that she felt guilty for not warning him about it had to do with her principles as a medicine student. A doctor is supposed to take care of people even if he isn't fond of such people. Personal feelings should be excluded. The wellbeing of the patient is the main priority. She was pretty much in that situation at the moment.

"Aish, I don't know!" she exclaimed, shaking her head and getting rid of those thoughts and replacing them for the memories of her first day at the university. She had been bullied by that guy and now she was trying to help him? He, who had probably been intimidating her brother for who-knows how many time. 

But what if he ends in the hospital? What if he cannot breathe and by the time the ambulance arrives he's already...

Her thread of thoughts were cut off by the sound of an ambulance's siren not very far from the University buildings. She gasped, and her mind went blank for a minimal second before she pulled herself on her feet and started running towards the gym hall.

Despite the fact that the sound of the siren couldn't be heard anymore, she kept running until reaching the big building. The loud pop music reached her ears and she scowled and starting pulling people out of her way, looking at all directions for the dark-haired boy and his group of friends.

The place was crowded with students drinking and dancing here and there, and she couldn't recognize a single face. She rolled on her feet, examining every visible corner of the big room, but not finding the person she was looking for.

As she stood in the middle of the noisy crowd, she gasped agitated. 

Him Chan, Him Chan...

Mixed conversations above the loud music was all she could hear while she tried to focus.

Where are yo-...?!

"Quickly! I don't want to be here when it happens!" she caught a familiar voice near her.

"Well I do! What are we doing all this for then?!" another voice answered. She tried to look for the two guys, and finally saw them making their way through the crowd towards a counter where she could spot some guys pouring drinks into some glasses.

She caught up with them, pulling them both to the sides and shooting them a killing glare. She didn't stay to hear their insults, instead, she rushed to the counter and spotted Him Chan in a corner, along with his friends. He was just about to take a sip of the can of coke he had just opened, when Ki Seoul suddenly grabbed it off his hands.

He made an annoyed expression which intensified when he looked up and saw her standing there with the can on her hands.

"What the...? YAH!" he exclaimed, and she cringed at his voice. She considered the possibility of running away from the scene, but she'd be caught almost instantly and probably beaten up too. That wasn't an option. 

I'll explain it to him.

"You can't drink this!" she tried to talk, but her voice was almost inaudible. She was running out of breath and all the noise and music in the background wasn't helping at all. 

She looked around, trying to find the two boys who had planned everything, but her thread of thoughts was cut off when she felt how the coke can was taken out of her grasp. She looked to Him Chan surprised. 

"What the hell do you think you're doing Hong?!" he exclaimed, pushing her rudely with his free hand, causing her to stumble backwards " off!" he sent her a killing glare and intended to walk back next to his mates, who were contemplating the scene with amusing yet confusing expressions on their faces, when Seul Ki suddenly got in his way again. 

This time she took the can and placed it on her lips, swallowing the strange combination that was soy sauce and coke. She started coughing halfway it, and a sudden urge to throw up took over her.

She wasn't really fond of fizzy drinks, all she drank was pretty much water and natural fruit juices, so the strange feeling she was having as the liquid went down was almost unbearable.

Somehow, in the middle of all the tantrum (Him Chan trying to beat the out of her again, his friends trying to stop him, and Seul Ki trying not to disgorge what she had just drank) the can of coke had fallen to the floor.

Eventually, the strong smell of soy could be recognized even a meter away, and Him Chan seemed to have stopped trying to murder her. 

"Hyung!" Zelo exclaimed, the can of coke on his hand. He furrowed at the smell of it and handled it to Yong Guk, who was right next to him "This is soy sauce!"
Seul Ki couldn't handle it anymore, she had to place one of her hands on and ran away, again making her way through the crowd, to the outside of the building. She almost didn't make it.

Once outside, she kneeled on the floor and emptied her stomach. 

 


                     

Seul Ki found herself wrapped on the blankets of her bed. Still at 11pm, the dull sound of the music could be heard from the inside of the room.
Him Chan was nowhere to be seen. And honestly, she was much more comfortable not having him there. She wanted to be alone and have some time for herself. After all she had went through, she deserved it. 

She let out a sigh and closed her eyes as she rested her head on the pillow.

And it's just been one day...

She rolled on her bed, unable to get sleepy, and wondered what her brother was doing at the moment. If he had been able to find Shin Hye and talk to her and maybe had convinced her of coming back. She hoped for him to achieve that at least, or everything she was doing would be worthless.

My face will have been punched for anything...

She rolled up on the bed, slightly coughing due to the sour taste of the soy sauce still on , and extended her hand to the shared night table in the middle of both beds, until she reached the bottle of water she had brought earlier. 

After refreshing her dry throat, she rolled up again and closed her eyes. Even though she felt extremely tired physically and mentally, for some reason, she couldn't manage to sleep.

Soon, she found herself thinking about her roommate and what could he be doing at that exact moment. 

That idiot... I practically saved his life and he didn't even thank me. Aish, why did I even do that?! 

She wasn't totally sure yet, but she was certain she would have felt terribly guilty if she hadn't done it, so she didn't regret it all that much either. Just... if he had at least apologized to her for being an or thanked her for doing what she did, she would feel much better and not so nervous.

What if he had misunderstood the whole situation? What if he had thought that it was her the one who had tried to make him drink that can? What if the reason for him not being there yet was that he was actually planning his revenge?

Suddenly, a feeling of uneasiness started growing inside of her and she began to consider locking the door, just in case...

However, she didn't have time to keep considering that idea. Suddenly the door had been opened and the light switched on. She literally froze as she heard the door closing in a very silent and suspicious way. Completely immobile and hiding under the blankets, she heard footsteps stopping right next to her bed.

And then, silence. Well, except for her unsteady breathing. 


Hope you enjoyed it! I'm sorry for the long wait~
I promise to start updating more often from now on~ ^^
Please leave your opinions!