Chapter Two

He's My Roommate

"Kim Him Chan!" an authoritarian and hoarse voice perfored the silence, and Ki Seoul opened her eyes when she felt Him Chan letting go of her clothes and returning to where his mates were. He was still looking at her with a furious expression though.

An aged man on a suit appeared from nowhere and placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. Ki Seoul identified him as the department's headmaster.

Every department had a different one, Mr. Song was from the Law... What? So she was not in the wrong building? Why where those guys there then?

"Classes haven't even started and you are already causing problems?" the man pointed at Him Chan, who remained with his arrogant behavior.
He had his arms crossed on his chest and looked up to the man with no fear "Don't give me that look boy!" the man exclaimed "I am not Mr. Lee, I won't hesitate if I've got to punish you, understand? If I see you once again intimidating anybody a notification will be sent to your parents and be sure you won't get away with it again" the man stated.

Ki Seoul tried to look anywhere but to his direction. She was sure he was sending her a killing look.

"Ki Hoon-ssi" she looked up to the headmaster "you may go and leave your belongings in your room".

She hesitated.

How could that man manage to remember all the student's names?

"Ye..." she said, making a bow and walking out of the hall, heading to the stairs, no looking back but feeling a pair of eyes perforating her back.

Once out of sight, she could breathe normally again.

"What the hell is wrong with that idiot?!" she whispered "seriously, he should be at a juvenile correctional institute..."

But she was in the right building, what where the art students doing in the law building?

She shook her head, not wanting to think about anything related to that gangster anymore. Just three weeks, three weeks she just had to manage and avoid seeing him again.

I guess oppa really meant it when he said he didn't want me to spend my nights at the nurse's office. She thought, remembering the way Him Chan had grabbed her uniform and looked at her. She couldn't imagine what would have happened if Mr. Song hadn't appeared. Her nose would probably be bleeding by now. She'd be on the floor. Maybe crying.

But seriously, was he the president's son or something? Why was everybody so scared of him? Everybody silent when he spoke, anybody attempted to help her... or him... or Ki Hoon, maybe his brother didn't have many friends?

Aish, I don't know. She kept walking along the corridor looking for her room, the 206. She didn't want to think anymore about his brother's school life, because it seemed that it wasn't really nice.

Maybe he was already accustomed to that environment, and as she was a girl she found it really unbearable. Yes... she wanted to believe that. His brother probably didn't have much trouble there...

"Here it is" she stopped, out of breath due to the heavy luggage she had been carrying. She opened the door and spotted to beds right in the middle of the room. One right next to another. There was an adjacent door in a corner which she assumed was the bathroom. Only one wardrobe.

The bed on the right had two backpacks on it and some books carelessly spread over the mattress and even on the floor. She put her belongings on the other bed and took a sit.

Sharing a room shouldn't be a problem. As long as the person didn't obstruct her personal space it'd be fine. She had to admit that showering in the bathroom while a completely strange male was right outside the door wasn't something she'd feel well about.

 


 
Him Chan tapped his foot on the floor waiting for the headmaster to finish his boring and unnecessary speech about the art's building being repaired. Something they all knew already, that was the reason why all of them were going to share rooms with the guys from the Law department.
Any of the boys dared to disturb his thinking. They all knew he was impatient to find Hong Ki Hoon and make him pay for insulting him. And they were scared. Yes, scared for the poor boy. They were not completely happy about Him Chan's attitude, though they were accustomed to it. He was easy to annoy. That was the main reason why any of them tried to stop him when as soon as Mr. Song disappeared from sight he rushed upstairs and right into the corridor looking for his room.

Yes. His room. The same one as Hong Ki Hoon's.

"That boy is so damn dead" Jun Hong laughed, but stopped giggling when Yong Guk's hand hit his head. "Hyung!" he protested, but Yong Guk had already caught up with Him Chan and was trying to stop him from getting to the room 206.

Even though Him Chan was younger than him, they didn't really talk as a hyung-dongsaeng kind of relationship. Chan's personality was so strong and rude that even Yong Guk couldn't stop him when he was up to something.

Just like now.

"Him Chan-ah" the oldest stopped Him Chan by pulling his arm "you heard the headmast..."

"Let go of me" Him Chan mumbled, sending a glare to Yong Guk, who didn't back up.

This time Dae Hyun positioned himself in front of Him Chan.

"Hyung, if you get into trouble again who knows what's going to happen, you may be expelled".

"Who said I'm going to get into trouble?" he cut him off, his hoarse voice making him look mischievous "I'm going to make sure that idiot doesn't open his mouth for a long time".

That said, he started walking again, leaving the boys behind. Sending nervous looks to each other, they caught up with Him Chan at the exact moment he opened the door of the room and rushed inside.

Ki Seoul was obviously caught off guard. Even before she could understand what was happening, she was being pushed to a corner by the furious boy.

Her head and back crashed against the concrete wall as Him Chan's hand grabbed for the second time her uniform. She thought he was going to rip it by the aggressive way he was holding it.

Now yes. Without the people watching or the headmaster there to save her, she was ready to be punched.

She had never been beaten before. She was a girl after all, girls do not solve problems by fighting with each other. Well, guys don't either, normal guys. Not these guys. Not this one in particular. At all.

She didn't notice she had closed her eyes again. Five seconds passed, then ten.

Twenty.

She could feel Him Chan's tight grip on her sweater. Even the tie felt tighter around her neck.

But the punch never came.

She encouraged herself to open her eyes, and when she did, Him Chan's big and black orbs meet hers. He looked down to her chest, and then up again.

Ki Seoul started to panic.

Could it be that he... he noticed...?

She knew that what she was about to do would not lead to anything good, but she preferred to spent a few hours at the nurse's office rather than being discovered and provoke his oppa's expulsion from the university.

So she pushed Him Chan with all her strength, causing him to trip over and fall on her bed.

"Hyung, please don't...!" one of the guys interrupted worried when Him Chan got on his feet.

"Is this the only way you know to solve your problems?" she spitted out "if I may give you my opinion, I don't think it's very civilized"

"What?!" Him Chan approached her again, but she didn't move. Trying to look more manly, she put on an annoyed expression.

"Oh, I see you also have problems with your ears, you don't hear very well, do you?"

Alright, I'm dead.

Ki Seoul heard hurried footsteps and stir around her before a deep ache took over her face. She lifted both her hands to her nose and realized seconds later that she was on the floor.

Although the smell of blood was making her dizzy and she felt the warm liquid on her finger tips, she was somehow relieved.

That meant Him Chan didn't know she was a girl. He wouldn't have punched her if he knew it. Even if he was super angry, he wouldn't have done it so hard. No way. Not unless he was really mental.

"Yah Kim Him Chan!"

"Hyung!"

"I bet you now don't smell very well, do you?" Him Chan's voice was heard, but she didn't paid attention to it. No, she was more worried about her nose being broken.

She tried to stand up, not seeing a thing due to the tears gathered on her eyes. She failed.

The girl felt a pair of strong arms helping her up. She didn't know which one of the guys was, but she pushed him away.

"Oh, don't make a fuss out of it, I didn't even use all my strength"

"Him Chan that's enough!" an authoritarian voice was heard, and she could hear Him Chan's voice getting lower and lower as he was probably dragged out of the room.

"Yah! Get your hands off me! This is my room too!"

She heard the door being slammed, and then silence reigned into the room.

Only her sobs and groans were heard.

I can't believe he actually punched me. She leaned her head back so that the blood wouldn't keep coming out. Shall I take this opportunity and get him expelled? I'm pretty sure Mr. Song won't have a happy face if I appear in front of him looking like this.

She tried to smile, imagining Him Chan being punished for being a freaking delinquent, but the pain took over her again and made her loose thread of her thoughts.

She let out a painful groan and managed to get into the bathroom and wash the blood out of her face. Some minutes later she made sure her nose wasn't broken. Luckily it was fine. It had just been a minor swipe.

"I need a painkiller" she sighed. Yes, it had been a minor swipe, but that didn't mean it wasn't painful. Maybe it had to do with the fact that she had never been punched on the face before. Maybe if she was a man, it'd be easier to bear with it. 

I guess he didn't really use all his strength. I'm pretty sure he could've broken my nose if he wanted to.

She remember the furious look the guy had sent her. And before that, his dark sparkling eyes only a few centimeters from hers. His eyes were very pretty.

What?!

Very pretty? The guy from whom she had just received a punch from?