Chapter One

He's My Roommate

"Now, keep away from these group of jerks. Especially this one, Kim Him Chan" Ki Seoul approached the table and took a look at the picture her brother was pointing. There was a quite good-looking guy in there with rude aspect "Don't talk to them, don't look at them. Don't breathe near them, arasseo? Nothing bad will happen if you don't open your mouth, so don't open it. I don't want you to spend your nights at the nurse's office", Ki Hoon stated, sending her a serious look.

His sister couldn't do more than let out a nervous giggle "I won't, don't worry" she answered, feeling quite uneasy by his oppa's behavior.

"They study art. They're on a different department and therefore a different building too, it's not probable that you'll see them, but if you do..."

"I know, I run the opposite way. I got that, anything else I need to know?" she cut him off, and Ki Hoon kept informing her about the teachers and some of his acquaintances from whom she should at least know their names. She studied the faces of the boys and tried to remember them correctly as her brother prepared dinner. She had been being informed about almost all aspects of the school and classmates by Ki Hoon the last three days, when she finally managed to convince him to carry out the 'plan'.

"Don't be nervous, you look exactly like me, nobody will notice something's going on if you just act like I normally do"

"You mean like a fool?" Ki Seoul . Ki Hoon sent her a killer look and placed the ramyeon cups on the table, handing her a pair of chopsticks.

"Just keep in mind that I need that grade, if anybody discovers that you're a girl, you'll get expelled. Which means I will too. And if I get expelled I won't get my grade, and if I don't get my grade my life will be a total ruin. Arasseo?"

Ki Seoul ignored her brother's dramatic words and slurped the ramyeon's soup, her eyes went back to the yearbook from the previous year that was full of pictures, and the "group of jerks" caught her attention.

Kim Him Chan, Moon Jong Up, Bang Yong Guk, Yoo Young Jae, Jung Dae Hyun, Choi Jun Hong. They were all too pretty for their gangsters look. Yes, they had that aspect. Intimidating and get-out-of-my-way looks.

"I will be back by the third week if I'm lucky" he smiled warmly to her sister "I know we don't talk much or go out together often, you're even helping me with this... You are really the best sister in the world, oppa will buy you a delicious food when he comes back, oh?"

Ki Seoul raised her head and smiled back to her brother "Just make sure to bring that girl back or all my effort won't be worth it" she stated. All she wanted in return was for her brother to be happy. Ever since Shin Hye had gone to Italy he wasn't the same person, he didn't smile as much as before, he was always in a bad mood. If she had to dress as a boy and pretend to be him to help him bring her back to Korea, that's what she was going to do. She was on her second year of Medicine, and although acting had never been her cup of tea, it couldn't be too difficult to play her brother's role. Who else if not her would know all about him?

She wouldn't miss classes because she was currently on holidays. The university his brother attended was an only-boys one, they were provided accommodation and it was obligatory to be in the campus from Mondays to Saturdays, having Sundays free. It was one of the few universities whose last years weren't allowed to go on holiday. That was a good thing, the campus wouldn't be so crowded because apart from the last year students, there wouldn't be any people around.

It can't be so difficult, I just need to attend the classes and take notes until oppa comesback. I won't have any problem. It's a piece of cake. She tried to convince herself of that. She was confident, but that didn't mean she wasn't nervous.

"My flight sets off at 8pm tomorrow. Be sure to be at school on time or they won't let you in until next Monday".

Ki Seoul nodded and kept eating, her eyes going to and fro looking at the images on the yearbook and reading the names of the people below.

Him Chan.

She decided to close the book when her eyes meet that guy's for the third time. Seeing his rude aspect and expression was making her anxious. His oppa's seriousness was no joke when he mentioned him and his group of friends.

Ji Hoon wouldn't talk much about his school life at all when they hang out together and she couldn't help but remember one or two times he had tried to hide a bruise on his cheeks or eyes by wearing a pair of big sun glasses or huge caps. He was studying law so there was no way he could have been hurt in a gym class or something similar... He would have told her if he was being bullied by those guys, wouldn't he?

He wouldn't have told me even if I asked. Guys don't admit those kind of things. She thought. I guess I'll have to find out by myself then...


Breathe in, breath out. Trying to calm herself down, she started to walk towards the big building in front of her. The gardens of the university were completely empty of people and she didn't have a good feeling about that.

It was the first day of class, was she late? But she was sure Ki Hoon told her that she should be there at least at 10 o'clock and everything would be fine.

Just in case, she accelerated, carrying the luggage with her brother's clothes and books inside along with her. She adjusted her pair of glasses and her hat before entering the big hall.

She felt that the world stopped when every single person there turned their heads in her direction and examined her from head to toe. She was frozen, about to have a panic attack she walked a few more steps not to be in the entrance like a lamp post.

She was about to start hyperventilating, nobody there had luggage with them. She was the only one that looked like a lost puppy.

What should I do? What should I do? What should I do?! Fine, what would oppa do? Is there any friend of him whom I should say 'Hi' to? She examined the faces of the people near her. She felt the answer to that was no. Nobody seemed to be happy to having her there. Or Ki Hoon there, to be more accurate.

Ki Seoul gulped and raised her right hand in the air to present herself. She would have done so if in that exact moment the group of people hadn't split up in two and in the middle hadn't appeared the person she was more terrified to cross paths with.

wide open, her right hand still in the air.

She could hear inside her head some kind of horror movie soundtrack playing as background music of the scene.

Him Chan stopped right in front of her, both his arms crossed on his chest and looking at her as if she was a piece of meat about to be eaten by the king of the jungle. That'd be him.

"B-but this is not the arts building" she mumbled without realizing.

Could it be that SHE had entered the wrong building? Had she thrown herself into the lion's den?

Him Chan raised his eyebrows, his serious expression changing into an amused yet derogatory one. Ki Seoul then realized the other guys were there too, and her whole body felt the danger filling the air.

She closed her eyes.

This is not happening. I am not in front of these guys on my first day.

It was not just her first day. It was like the first five minutes spent at the university! That was a record. A bloody record.

"Yah, Hong Ki-nerd, are you planning to stay there all day long?" she heard him. His deep voice made him even more intimidating if that was possible.

"Ah... uh... I..."

She slapped herself mentally for that stupid mumbling that made evident how nervous she was.

Him Chan and his group of lapdogs laughed at her reaction, some of them imitating her mumbling in a very offensive way. She clenched her teeth, anger growing inside of her. The guy seemed to notice the change on her expression, because he approached her menacingly. He was taller than her and that made the girl feel even more vulnerable.

"What?" he put both his hands on her shoulders and pushed her rudely. Ki Seoul stumbled back and lowered her head "do you want to say something?"

She felt him removing her cap, and obliged herself to shake her head in response.

She felt horrible. She felt bad for his brother. She felt empathy. She now knew, it didn't matter how much you wanted to talk and fight back, it wasn't as simple when you had that guy in front of you.

How many times had her brother dealt with that kind of situation?

"I thought so" Him Chan threw the cap at the girl's face and turned back. Ki Seoul kept her eyes on the floor and clenched her fists. She waited until he was far enough to take her cap from the floor.

"Stupid wanker" the words escaped her lips before she could realize. And yes, Him Chan was NOT far enough not to hear it. When he turned his head back at her direction and his eyes meet hers, she felt her heart stopped beating.

The hall sank into silence. Only Him Chan's steps resounded in the four walls as he made his way back to the girl.

Ki Seoul closed her eyes ready to be hit when Him Chan tightly grabbed her uniform.

"Repeat... that" his deep voice made her hair stand on end.