Acceptance

Envy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minzy was in her element, she felt the music reverberate round her, through her, she was one with the beat. She executed a perfect split, sliding slowly, captivatingly to the floor, she flowed into a crouching position, gave her hip a twirling teasing motion, her head mirroying the movement, a seductive gaze on her face, very much true to the nature that she was known for. She gave a naughty smile and in one fluid motion pushed to her feet. The beat changed from the rnb/pop beat she had been rocking to, to a heavy bass hiphop beat and without breaking speed she switched into the popping and locking moves that came so naturally to her, she executed a sharp twirl and stumbled as she spotted Jiyong oppa silently watching her, his presence startling her.

 

"Oppa you scared me." She said catching her breath.

"Sorry Minzy, i didnt mean to, please dont stop, continue." He said.

"Nah, i'm basically through anyways,  was just fooling around, losing myself in the music."

"Yes i can see that, you really are an amazing artist Minzy, very talented."

"But not as talented as Chaerin unnie right?" the thought came unbidden to her mind and she hastly pushed it back out of sight.

"I'm sorry." Jyong said, startling her, it was like he could read her mind.

"What for oppa?" She asked shakily.

"Uhm," He scratched the back of his head, and it became evident that he was uncomfortable. Minzy wondered why.

"Uhm Minzy, Chaerin told me."

"Told you what oppa." but she already knew, seems like Chaerin unnie spoke to Jiyong oppa about his part in her solo debut, probably to thank him. No Chaerin unne wasnt the type of person to take credit for something that wasnt hers. He was looking very uncomfortable and she decided to make him even more so, serves him right for being instrumental to denying her what was rightfully hers.

"You know, about the debut."

"Chaerin's solo debut? what about it? its been successful so far, hope there's no problem?" She asked, her voice deceptively guileless.

"Aish Minzy you know what i'm talking about, dont play dumb." 

"What a spoilsport," she thought, then she sighed.

"What do you want oppa?"

"I wanted to apologise Minzy and to explain."

"Nothing to explain, it was me or Chaerin unnie and unsurprisingly you chose Chaerin unnie."

"That wasnt how it was Minzy."

"Oh really then enlighten me, cuz the way i remember, you were the one who said you were surprised that i won, you were disappointed it wasnt Chaerin unnie and you came up with an idea that solved your problems. Clap clap." Minzy said sarcastically. Ordinarily she would never dream to be this rude to someone older than her, especially Jiyong oppa who she respected very much, but she was still just a little hurt and resentful and she couldnt help but say the first thing that popped into her head.

"You're not going to make this easier for me, are you?" Jiyong said a wry smile, grabbing a fist full of hair absentmindedly.

"Why should i?" Minzy asked lifting her chin.

"You're right, i dont deserve that consideration. Your behaviour these past few weeks suddenly make sense, you had us all worried, we were thinking you took losing too hard, i guess you did but its understandable now. I'm sorry Minzy, i had an apology mapped out but it sees so shallow and pretentious now. I'm not gonna lie, i did want Chaerin to win, its no secret how i feel about her and yes i was disappointed that she didnt, but it wasnt because you were lacking in anyway or because you werent as talented as her. It was a subconscious thought that i didnt realise i had until it happened and truly i had no real intention to sabotage your win, i was just mourning my loses and i just thought out loud. I truly believe that debuting Chaerin than you is more benefitial right now. This has no bearing on your talent. Its not a reflection of your worth as an artist. Chaerin is really hot right now thanks in part to Jeremy Scott, attending his fashion show early this year really put her on the map and on peoples' radar where she has been for a while now, it would've been foolery for YG not to capitalise on it." He said quietly watching her for any kind of reaction but she gave nothing away. 

 

"I cant say i'm sorry for what i said, that would be a lie, but i'm sorry that you heard it. I'm sorry if you second-guessed yourself because of it, i'm sorry that you felt that betrayal and breach of trust because of it. You are very much like me in that you were an early trainee and very young. I must say, you've handled your training much better than i did and i really respect you for that. You've been through a lot of things and your growth is inspiring as it is commendable. You constantly amaze everyone with what you can do and i believe you have the potential to go very far. Your time will come. That i said what i did and obviously prefer Chaerin over you does not mean i dont care about you and that i dont believe in you. I do. I'm sorry for all the things you went through and your bruised emotions, thats the only thing i can truly be sorry about truthfully." Jiyong said, looking at the girl in front of him who stood with her hands folded in front of her, listerning to him quietly. 

 

He tried to guage what she was thinking but it was difficult, she gave nothing away. Finally after what seemed like an age, she relaxed her stance, threaded her fingers through her hair before planting them in her pockets, one in the front and the other at the back.

 

"Well at least you are honest, i guess i'll have to respect that. Yes i did second guess myself a little, unsure of my abilities but thats normal for me. You are also right that what hurt the most is the lack of faith my own family seem to have in me, that was what really made me doubt myself and true i did see it as a betrayal of the people i had grown up respecting and loving who couldnt do the same in return but i'm starting to get past that now." Minzy said expressionlessly.

"I hope you'll be able to trully forgive me soon. Having Chaerin mad at me is hell enough, i'd hate for you to join the line up." Jiyong said.

"But oppa, you forget, i was there first." Minzy said and he winced. "I guess Chaerin unnie laid into you."

"You have no idea, i've never seen her like that, torn between rage and misery. She really hated that we didn't let her win on her own merit and that we interfered, she hates that. She gave me a serious tongue lashing about being grown and strong enough to stand on her own without anybody's help and how she's not the type of person to take things she doesnt deserve. Her exact words were, 'Minzy won so she should've debuted why the did you interfer and turn me into something i'm not.' She was really angry and hurt, i think she talked to Teddy hyung too and maybe sajang."

"Sajang?" Minzy asked speechless. She never dreamed that it would rile Chaerin unnie enough for her to confront the boss.

"Yeah, seemed like she really gave teddy hyung a tongue lashing, we actually compared notes." Jiyng said laughing lightly. 

"So glad you guys found it amusing."

"C'mon Minzy it wasnt funny at the time but i dont know what she said to Sajang though,  and thats worrisome."

"Chaerin unnie is smart and very respectful and always considerate. I'm sure she'll find a way to express herself without doing damage. I wouldnt worry if i were you." Minzy said.

"I hope so. Uhm so are we cool now Minzy?" He asked rubbing his neck again. He seemed to do that alot when he was uncomfortable.

"We are not quite there yet oppa, but we are getting there." Minzy said honestly.

"Fair enough. Uhm so i guess i'll see you around right, i'll be in the studio often preparing for my new album, so we will definitely see, dont be a stranger ok?"

"Ok oppa." Minzy said. 

 

After an awkward pause in which he looked like he would say something more, he changed his mind and left abruptly, making her blink twice. She was happy for the talk and grateful for his honesty, he could have lied to her but he didnt and she appreciated that. Truh be told she had already forgiven him, had already moved on, sure every now and then she would be reminded and she would feel resentment but she was getting past that now. What was the point of holding a grudge when it was already done and over with. Being bitter would not change anything. She had moved on but they didnt need to know that yet, let them stew in their own guilt for a while. It was petty of her but oh so fun. She giggled at the thought and executed a quick jig, expressing her feelings with her body as usual.

 

She packed up her things, put everything back in their place, grabbed her bag and prepared to leave when her phone beeped signalling a message. It was from Sajang. Uh-Oh.

 

"Minjiyah, please come to my office right away. Its important."

 

This was about whatever Chaerin unne said to him, aish that unnie, why must she be so passionate. She didnt have to tell him, going to Jiyong oppa was eno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter