Ignorance Is Bliss

Envy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minzy tossed and turned, caught in the grip of the nightmare. She was in a desert, mountains of sand everywhere, she had no idea where she was coming from or where she was going, suddenly a stretch of road appeared meandering around some sand dunes so she could not see where it led to. Seeing no other choice she started walking along the road. Suddenly a gusty wind rose up, startled she looked around her only to see a large ugly black mass fast approaching from the south, terrified, she began to run, a crazy fear gripping her. She couldnt let it catch up with her, couldnt imagine herself caught in the thick of it. 

 

The wind picked up grit. Fine particles of sand blinded her as she ran desperately, filling as she gasped for air, she couldnt, wouldnt give up. Glancing quickly behind her, her heart nearly stopped its steady beat when she saw how close that black cloud was to her, its ugly stench permeating her senses, tears of frustration fell from her eyes, mixed with sand and stung her. No matter how hard she tried, she couldnt seem to distance herself from it, she could feel its oppressiveness in the air around her, smothering her, cutting of what little energy she had. she turned a bend too sharply and stumbled to the ground hitting it hard,her palms grazed by the tarmac. Crying earnestly now, she tried to rise but she couldnt, she was too weak, she felt drained, determined not to give up, she crawled as fast as she could, her hands and feet bleeding. She was helpless when it engulfed her, cutting off her vision, smothering her senses, she struggled against the pressure, her hands flailing as she tried to push herself upwards, tried to break free. Feeling it consume her, she gave a bone-chilling scream and woke up in a cold sweat. 

 

Minzy made her way slowly around YG entertainment, heading for the practise rooms. When ever she was sad or troubled she would head to the gym and lose herself in a healthy workout. Today she had outdone herself, setting herself a very fast pace she had ran like her life depended on it. Like running on the threadmill would somehow redeem her failure to get away in her dream, like she could run into oblivion. She had ran till she dropped, literally and hwangssabu and the hi-tech oppas had driven her out of the gym, admonishing her to rest.

 

Whenever exercise didnt cure what was ailing her, she would either take a walk to clear her head or go for some sessions practising her dancing or her singing. She wasnt up for a walk, wasnt up to analysing what was in her mind right now, she felt mentally drained and she didnt think she could sort anything out in this condition. She couldnt dance, though she was not as physically weak as she would have liked, she was still too weak to move, every step an effort. She intended to curl herself into a ball when she got to the practise room and just listen to some music and practise her control. Improving her skills might help her a little. 

 

She wasnt really aware where she was going, she had been staring at her feet, dragging them lethargically. It was the weekend and not much people were around. Those who called out a greeting to her, simply shrugged when she did not reply, she did not notice, she pushed on, putting one foot in front of the other, until finally she had lowered herself to the floor, breathing harshly trying to regain her strenght. She was about to lift herself up when she heard her name. It was then she noticed that the door she crouched beside wasnt locked as she thought but slightly open. Peering throught the slit, she was just able to make out YG sajangnim, Teddy oppa and Choice oppa. She could hear Jiyong oppa's voice and Sean and Blo oppa too though she couldnt see them. They seemed to be sitting in a circle. All the oppas that were present for the competition.

"What were they doing? Were they talking about the competition?" She wondered.

"So basically we are going to go with 5 categories, with 5 being the highest point for each category." YG said, confirming what she already suspected. Her heart started beating really fast, the sound loud in her ears almost drowning the sounds from the room. She frantically tried to calm her beating heart so she could hear them.

"Lets start with the first and most important. Vocals." YG said.

"Minzy's vocals were flawless." Said Choice 37.

"True, but its not a vocally challenging song." Teddy argued. "Holy grail is much more harder and transitioning between the raps too isnt as difficult in i'm out as it is in holy grail."

"But minzy's performance had more choreo though and her voice was stable throughout." GD pointed out.

"Kid's got a point. Her vocals were spectacular. Plus Chaerin's voice did crack abit and she did stutter into that rap verse." Sean said

Minzy couldnt stop the small feeling of happiness that coursed through her and she hated it.

"Yes, that was unfortunate." Tablo said.

"But wasnt that because Minzy ran out so suddenly, she was probably worried." GD said.

"That's not an excuse, she didnt know for sure why Minzy ran out. She might've just needed to use the b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter