Kisses, Hugs and Tummy Rubs

High School

Title: Kisses, Hugs and Tummy Rubs

Pairing: Kris/fem!Suho

Word Count: 1664 words

A/N: bc who doesn't want tummy rubs from Kris' giant hands? unbeta-ed

 

Yifan checks his phone once again, but groans in frustration when there are still no new notifications. He chucks his books into his bag and swings it over his right shoulder, shutting and then leaning against his bright red locker. His Air Jordans tap against the floor impatiently. He’s worked up and antsy because it’s thirty minutes past noon and there’s still no sight of his girlfriend, Junhee. Her classes finish at twelve on Fridays but Yifan hasn’t received a single call or text from her. Now that he thinks about it, the last time he got a call or text from her was last night. He glares at his phone.

A loud voice breaks Yifan’s thoughts and he sees his basketball junior, who happens to be Junhee’s childhood best friend, strolling down the hallway. He waves at the lanky boy to get his attention.

“Yifan hyung!”

Yifan soon finds himself with an armful of Park Chanyeol as the excited junior pulls him into a bear hug. Yifan ruffles his hair affectionately as he pulls away, and his greeted by Chanyeol’s bright eyes and wide smile.

“Hey Chanyeol, have you seen Junhee today?”

“Junhee noona?” Chanyeol looks at Yifan with confusion. “She didn’t tell you? She’s lying at home sick. I thought she’d call you… You should go and check up on her. She should be in her dorm room.”

Yifan momentarily freezes. His Junhee? Sick?

“Thanks dude, we’ll catch up some other time yeah?”

With a pat on Chanyeol’s back, Yifan is racing out the school doors.

 

He’s panting and sweating by the time he reaches Room 522, mostly because he decided the elevator was taking too long and thus ran up five floors, and he gentle raps the wooden door.

“Junhee? Baby? Are you in there?”

There’s silence, followed by the sound of shuffling and the lock being open and he’s finally standing face-to-face with his girl. Her hair’s a mess and her face looks paler than normal and she merely grunts in acknowledgement of Yifan before shuffling back and collapsing on her bed, tugging the comforter tighter around her body.

Yifan enters the room and closes the door gently, dropping his school bag on the floor next to the couch, before walking to the lump of comforter and pillows that is his girlfriend and sitting next to her on the bed.

He rubs what he assumes is Junhee’s back and pushes her bangs out of her eyes. “You okay? Chanyeol told me you were sick… Are you having a fever? Stomach ache? Do you need the doctor?” Junhee seems to bury herself deeper in her cocoon before shyly peeking out at her boyfriend.

“I… I’m on my period.”

Oh.

Sure Yifan knows what a period is. It’s a monthly process females go through, which involves pads and tampons and a lot of blood (Yifan paid attention during this uality Education lessons). But given Junhee’s his first and hopefully only girlfriend, and his mom never seemed to have periods, Yifan doesn’t really know what to do and how to comfort Junhee.

Yifan absentmindedly continues her head. It’s only when he hears a tiny whimper that he turns back to Junhee to find her face scrunched up in pain. Yifan feels his heart clenching in helplessness.

“Come here, kitten.”

Yifan tugs his girlfriend into his lap. She turns around to face Yifan, her slender arms tightening around his waist. Her fringe is damp with sweat but she’s snuggling further into Yifan’s embrace, her thick comforter still wrapper around her.

“Junhee, aren’t you hot under all these layers?” Yifan begins removing the comforter but is stopped by the smaller firmly tugging the blanket back up. “It’s cold, don’t remove it!” she responds in a weak voice.

Yifan is baffled. It’s summer, but here she is lying in her pyjamas and a thick comforter with the ceiling fan set on ‘Low’. He suddenly gets an idea and attempts to entangle himself from Junhee.

“Yifan, don’t go.”

The miserable plea causes his chest to twist uncomfortably so he bends down and presses a kiss to her forehead.

“I’ll be back in a bit, babe. Don’t worry.”

 

“Hello, ma?”

“Yifan-ah! How are you doing?”

“Um… Ma? I need some help, are you free right now?”

Nineteen year old Wu Yifan only has two women in his life: his beautiful girlfriend lying in pain in her bed, and his beloved mother who singlehandedly raised him up.

“What’s up dear?”

“Ma, Junhee said she’s on her period and she seems to be in a lot of pain and I don’t know how to help her.”

Yifan can hear his mother smile through the phone. “Okay Yifan, here’s what you have to take note of:

She probably has stomach cramps. See if you can find a hot water bottle, if not a heat pack will work just fine. If can’t find either, try and keep her stomach warm by placing a pillow over it. Painkillers also work, so try and get her to sleep if she eats that.

Some girls may experience a loss of appetite. Try and feed her something warm like soup. Porridge may be too heavy for her to finish so, avoid that. Give her lots of warm water to drink.”

Yifan listens attentively to his mother instructions, all the while looking worriedly at Junhee trying to find a comfortable position on her bed.

“Thanks ma, I love you.”

“I love you too, Yifan. Now shoo shoo, go and tend to your girlfriend.”

 

The mattress dips and Junhee blindly reaches out for her giant. He grabs her hands and plants a kiss on her lips.

“I’m gonna get you painkillers. Do you have a hot water bottle?”

She shakes her head before burrowing deeper under the covers. He walks to the tiny pantry and automatically reaches for the top left cupboard. He rummages for the painkillers and grabs the pink Hello Kitty mug from the drying rack, filling it with warm water. He walks back to the bed and helps his other half sit up, before handing her the pills and water which she gulps down quickly.

Placing the empty cup on the bedside table, Yifan slides under the covers beside her. She immediately latches on to him and buries her face in his chest, arms wrapped around his torso, nose rubbing against Yifan’s chest before looking up at him through her lashes.

“Can you rub my tummy?”

Junhee’s tiny whine and the pout that forms on her pretty lips after causes him to press a kiss against her forehead before splaying his large hands over her tummy. A contented sigh from the petite figure next to him gives him assurance that he’s doing the right thing as he moves his hand in a circular motion. Junhee’s eyelids flutter close and she stifles a yawn. Yifan runs a hand through her long locks and places pecks on the crown of her head. He feels her breathing even out and gazes at his girl beside him.

“Sleep tight, baby bunny.”

 

Junhee wakes up, disoriented and sweaty, to a nice smell coming from the pantry. She stumbles out of bed to find her very attractive basketballer boyfriend facing the stove. His blazer is hanging on the chair nearby and his white dress shirt is damp with sweat. Junhee shuffles towards him, hugging him from behind and placing a kiss to his back. He turns around, surprised, and shows his gummy smile upon seeing his girlfriend looking up at him with wide eyes. The top two buttons of his shirt are open revealing a bit of chest, and Junhee silently appreciates the view.

Yifan pulls Junhee to his side and chuckles, smoothing down her bed hair and pressing a kiss to her lips. She smiles into the kiss and as Yifan pulls away, blushes and attempts to hide herself in her boyfriend’s chest. He nuzzles his cheek against her forehead and guides her to the dining chair.

“You’ll be able to taste the great cooking of Master Chef Wu Yifan soon, wait a while more my sweetiepie.” He bops Junhee’s nose before bowing grandly and turning back to the simmering pot. Junhee giggles at his silliness and watches him move around the pantry, humming to himself and dancing along to his own tune.

 

“Bon Appétit, Mon Chéri!”

The taller gently sets down the bowl of chicken soup in front of Junhee, taking the seat opposite here. She gingerly picks the spoon and scoops up some soup, blowing lightly to cool it down. She hesitantly takes a taste, eyes widening in surprise because the soup tastes delicious.

Yifan smiles upon seeing her reaction. “You like it?” Junhee nods her head, and slowly sips on the soup. All he can do is stare at her in adoration as she slowly savours the soup. Her hair’s a mess, her pyjamas are crumpled and she has no makeup on at all; Yifan can’t help but think she’s absolutely gorgeous in her unaware, unguarded state.

And so they pass the time like that: Junhee drinking her warm soup, and Yifan watching her enjoy her meal.

“Yifan, look! I finished my food!”

Junhee is proudly holding up her bowl, a wide smile on her face and talking in a baby voice. Yifan’s heart turns to mush as he stands up and hugs her. “Aigoo, such a good girl.”

He grabs the dirty dishes and places them in the sink as Junhee hops off to the couch and curls up with her comforter and a cushion. Yifan joins her by plopping on the couch and pulling her close to him. They sit there in comfortable silence, Junhee running her fingers around Yifan’s back, and Yifan rubbing Junhee’s shoulder.

Suddenly, Yifan feels Junhee’s lips against his cheek, and he turns to his side to see his girlfriend smiling brightly.

“Thank you for coming to me, baby.”

Yifan leans down and squeezes her tighter.

“Anything for you, baobei.”