Chapter 2

Keeping it a Secret
~* Minji's POV*~
 
 
I got home around Nine-Thirty in the evening and upon unlocking my door and entering our rather small flat, there I see Junhong and a friend of his... If I could remember, Jongup was his name. They both were sprawled on the couch watching some action gun-fight movie being shown on our worn-out television.
 
"Oh Hi Noona ~ Welcome home!" Junhong waves at me.

"Well there's my que to leave. Hey there Minji Noona, I'll be going now." Jongup stands and smiles a polite smile, doing a small bow, "See ya later, Zelo." He salutes over to Junhong who returns it. Jongup then heads for the door leaving our flat as I closed the door behind him. I shook my head lightly as Jongup left. Ever since Junhong joined the after school program and met this bunch of friends he suddenly had the nickname, 'Zelo'. Though, I didn't mind I just found it... well, sorta weird.

 
"So how was school?" I ask, slipping off my shoes and placing them on the shoe rack. Junhong switches the channel to some sitcom drama, then glances at me, shrugging.
 
"It was alright." He states and then continues to tell me how his day was, such as how he had almost gotten into detention on a Friday but dodged it and here I was listening to what my brother has to say, nodding my head from time to time. I walked into the little kitchen, turning on the stove while asking Junhong if the usual ramen we had was alright. Though he had to agree anyway, it's not like we had anything else to eat.
 
"So how about you Noona? How was work and college?" I hear Junhong ask. I placed the lid on top of the pot for the ramen to boil and cook. My faced flushed a light tint of pink when my younger brother mentions 'work'. My thoughts automatically went to the cute-- I mean, good-looking customer that goes by the name of 'Hyunho'.
 
"They both were fine. Now lift your off that couch and come prepare the table." I say, earning a light groan from the living room and no sooner than a minute, Junhong was already placing two bowls and two pairs of chopsticks. I mumble a quick 'Thank you' and we waited for the ramen to be ready.
 

~*~*~*~

 
We both stared at the blaring television in the dark room, watching a late night movie since we both had no classes to attend to tomorrow, though I had to attend work but that would be in the afternoon. However, the movie just had to be some sappy movie about family. I heard Junhong let out a sigh at the sight of the ending credits.
 
"I miss Umma..." He says looking down. I glanced at him with a soft look on my face. Bringing up our mother rarely happens, cause we'll end up crying about it whenever we do and the movie we watched just now probably brought up sad memories.
 
"She misses us too Junnie..." I gestured Junhong for a hug which he gladly returned. Soft sobs and sniffs could be heard from the tall young boy. I patted his back comfortably and couldn't help but tear up as well.
 
Our mother was the most kindest, loving and caring person. She did all she could to send the both of us to school, and always made sure we had the best even though we weren't that rich. Then one day... when Junhong and I come home from school we see her laying on the floor blood everywhere. We couldn't stop crying on the days that followed, it pained us all too much.
 
"Curse that man who's titled as our fath— "

"Junhong!" I cut him off, "Don't mention him like that H-he's probably still worried about us..." I pulled away from the hug.

Father was never around most of the time. He always said that he had more important business to take care of, and when Mother died we hoped he would finally give some time to us, to spend time as a family but he simply gave us funds and made someone else take care of us.

Junhong scoffs, "I doubt that." He stands up and wipes his tears away using the back of his hand, "It's been a long day Noona, you should rest now." He gives me a soft reassuring smile but his eyes still red from crying and walks into the room we shared. I let out a sigh the moment he enters the room.
 

"If only something would change in our lives, then maybe, just maybe it'll get better..." I mumble quietly to myself, taking the remote to switch off the television and soon followed Junhong into the bedroom to get some sleep.

 


Just a little back story of some sort, hope you all liked it~ ^^; It'll get interesting soon. Hopefully. XD.

Until then~

-Sanwoonrie