Chapter 3

Keeping it a Secret
~*Narrator's POV*~
 
 
It has been a week later since the customer that goes by the name of Hyunho had dropped by, and now it was a Tuesday.
 
Minji had just finished her morning classes and was now working at the Music store. She lets out a soft sigh while tapping her fingers on the glass counter. There weren't many customers during a Tuesday, since it was in the middle of the week and most people either had school, work or something important to do.
 
Just then a little jingle of the bell came from the door way meaning there was a customer. Minji turns her head to the direction of the door only to find the 'cute' customer, or by his name Hyunho, at the door with his lips pressed together in a thin line.
 
She bows to welcome him into the store with a smile on her face. "Welcome back, Hyunho-sshi."
 
Hyunho furrows his brows for a brief moment before realizing that she was talking to him. "A-Ah, yeah. I just came to see you, actually." He gives her one of his charming smiles, making Minji's cheeks go pink.
 
"T-To see me? Now why would you do that, Hyunho-sshi?" Minji questions, tilting her head to the side a bit. Hyunho nods once, rubbing the back of his neck with a slight smile.
 
"Actually, I was just wondering what time you finish your work," He answers. She wonders if she should tell him or not because it was somehow a sudden question for someone who she had only met once further more a customer, but since he seemed like a pretty nice guy...
 
"Uhm...I usually finish at—"
 
But right at that moment, Minji was abruptly cut off by the door barging open, the small bell ringing rather harshly in a quick manner.
 
"Y-Yukwon!" She blinks a few times, shocked by the sudden entry. "Yah, what brings you here at this time?" She asked him, knowing that his shifts are only on Mondays and Fridays, she didn't know why he was here when he already worked the previous day.
 
"I was just walking by and was free so I decided to come by." Yukwon grins cheekily, briefly shooting a look at Hyunho before turning his head back at Minji who had a slightly confused look on her face.
 
Minji raises a brow and nods her head slightly and then turns back to Hyunho, "Right, As I was saying I fi—"
 
"No, it's alright Minji-sshi. I... I need to go now." He smiles, turning towards the door and glares at Yukwon when Minji wasn't looking. "I'll be going now." Hyunho says, doing a small wave and exits the store.
 
"Look what you did! You scared him off!" Minji huffs, crossing her arms against her chest. Yukwon gives her a look of disbelief.
 
"What do you mean I scared him off? All I did was enter the store, asking if you needed help." Yukwon said, feeling a bit offended and raising his hands in defence.
 
"Well, as you can see... I don't. Geez, I was about to tell him when I usually finish work and then—"
 
"Wait what? Didn't I tell you not to get close to him?" Yukwon says, knitting his brows together, his dorkiness slightly going away.
 
Minji rolls her eyes, "Yeah, I remember. What's it to you anyway Yukwon if I get close to him or not?" She snaps, making him blink.
 
"He— You know what, nevermind. I'm sorry I acted that way." Yukwon looks down before looking up again with a huge grin. "See ya on Friday, squirt!"
 
Yukwon reaches out his hand to ruffle Minji's hair and then leaves the store. She shakes her head not knowing why he suddenly acted that way, when he was always so bright and happy.
 

~*~*~*~

 
Night time came and Minji was on her way to the bus stop to ride back home. The only things she didn't like about Tuesday was when it was night time, there weren't much people around and the streets were pretty much dark.
 
It was then a group of men were walking towards her and by the sounds of their voices, they were drunk. Minji tensed up as the men drew closer and so she did her best to ignore them but apparently as she was walking past the group, one of them decides to grab her by the hand.
 
"Hey there little lady!" The man slurred as Minji tried to wriggle her hand out of the man's grasp.
 
"What's a pretty girl like you doing all alone out here?" Another man adds in, grabbing her other hand.
 
"P-Please let go of me!" Minji tries to say in a firm tone but the men just mocked her.
 
"Let go of you? Aw, but we were just going to start our fun!!" Another man says as Minji twisted her arm back and forth trying to still get away.
 
"You know, if a girl asks you to let go of her, you better do as you're told and let her go."

A voice speaks up, making them turn their heads in that direction. Minji's eyes glint with recognition when she saw a familiar face.

 
Hyunho.
 
"And what are you gonna do about it, you little punk?!" The man who had a tight grip on Minji's arm yells out.
 
Hyunho snorts, a small smirk on his face.
 
"Hmn, how about I show you all?" Hyunho lifts his fist as he told Minji to duck, which thankfully she quickly did because Hyunho's arm swung across one of the men's face the moment she did.
 
Everything happened so quickly, one moment they were all mocking Hyunho, thinking that he was a fool to challenge a group of men older than him but they were proven wrong once they were all laid down on the ground, clutching their stomachs in pain.
 
"Are you alright Minji?" Hyunho asks with concern.
 
Minji nodded her head, her eyes still wide open due to shock. She couldn't believe that she was almost going to be taken somewhere by those men and who knows what they could have done to her and Hyunho had just saved her.
 
"T-thank you Hyunho... If it wasn't f-for you, I-I..." Minji shakily says as Hyunho rubs her back comfortably.
 
"It's okay, good thing I came by right? Come on, I'll drop you home. Just in case something else could happen, okay?" Hyunho gives her a small smile and guides Minji to his car.
 

~*~*~*~

 
"Thank you once more Hyunho... I don't know how much more I could thank you for saving me back there.." Minji says while getting out of the car.
 
"Easy, just go on a date with me... Say, Saturday night?" Hyunho grins slightly, making Minji blink and bite her bottom lip.
 
"But... I have work... On Sunday maybe?"
 
Hyunho frowns at her answer, "Oh..  I'm busy on Sundays... It's alright maybe next—"
 
"A-Ani!" She quickly says, her cheeks going red at the same time, "Uhm, Saturday is good. I'll just switch to the morning shift on that day" Minji says smiling, her cheeks still red.
 
"Alright then." Hyunho chuckles softly, "I'll see you Saturday Night, I'll pick you up right here, alright?"
 

Minji nods her head while she closes the door and waved at Hyunho as his car drove away. Once it did she couldn't help but feel giddy that she has gotten a date with someone so attractive. 

 


Aren't you guys curious as to who Hyunho really is? Kekeke~ Hope you guys liked this chappie~ Until then!

-Sanwoonrie