Existance

Take a break

This story is special and is written for and dedicated to my best friend. 

___________________________________

Sunggyu and Kris were from different mind sets, different social groups, different habits, practically two different worlds. They were unaware of each other's existence, until one day the inevitable happened and they crossed paths. 

Kris had managed to escape the clutches of a vengeful zitao; Something about ruining his new Gucci backpack on the first day of school. Kris had ran across campus, thanking his long lanky limbs, and had stumbled upon the newly constructed classrooms at the back of the schoolyard. 

"Wait til I get my hands on you, stupid giant." Kris had heard Tao grunt somewhere down the hallway. Fearing for his life he ran into the first classroom that caught his view. Kris had chosen the classroom where Sunggyu was occupying. Sunggyu had abruptly stopped on what he was working on, lyrics, only to glare at the oblivious giant. Kris on the other hand stood taking in his surroundings. The smell of fresh paint covering walls, handmade oak desk, the barely noticeable spring breeze filling his nostrils. His serene face proved how comfortable Kris felt and momentarily closed his eyes, until he heard someone clear their throat. His peaceful trance was broken. And he now eyed the boy that was hunched over a guitar with a pencil in hand. 


"What do you want?" Came the snarky question of said boy. Kris' placid features hardened and turned cold sending a piercing glare at the latter. Sunggyu will admit that he was intimidated by Kris' height, but that didn't stop him from standing his ground. 


"I didn't know this place was taken. I'll leave now." Kris' glare didn't subside. Sunggyu was expecting Kris to attack but instead he saw the giant turn around and as soon as he had a hold of the handle he froze. 


"Wu Yifan, you can't hide forever! Where are you, you dimwit?" Kris retreated from the front door and found security under the large oak desk that was unfortunately next to the desk Sunggyu was working on. Sunggyu eyed Kris suspiciously but didn't say a word as he heard the door open and was, once again, peeved that someone was invading his personal space. 


"Oh, hello." Tao had greeted quite happily. Sunggyu couldn't be mad at this disturbance. At least he has manners he thought.


"How can I help you?" Sunggyu asked. 


"I was wondering if you've seen my friend? He's super tall, blond hair, deep voice, looks like an idiot, acts like one too." Tao vaguely described Kris. Sunggyu chuckled at the insult directed towards the giant. 


"He sounds like an . I haven't seen him though. Good luck finding that idiot." Tao laughed and waved goodbye at Sunggyu before heading off who knows where. From the corner of his eye he could see Kris glaring at him. 


"What?" He asked Kris. 


"Where the do you get off at calling me an ?" Sunggyu retracted himself from the fuming giant. His protective stance, gripped knuckles, flaring nostrils, furrowed eyebrows, threatening glare; everything screamed danger in Sunggyu's mind. "Well, you little twerp? Answer me." Kris took a step forward as Sunggyu scooted as far as his seat gave him the liberty to, but it was no use. 


"Don't punch me, please," squeaked Sunggyu.


"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't?" Kris now hand his fists up ready to throw a good punch at the smaller boy. 


"Because I saved you from your boyfriend, okay? Now can you please leave me alone. Work your out with your boyfriend elsewhere, please." Sunggyu looked down at his scattered papers instead of meeting Kris' eyes. 


"Boyfriend?!?!" Kris yelled outraged. 


Well face, it was nice knowing you. Sunggyu gave his cheek a soft pat. 


"Please don't punch me too hard." Was what Sunggyu said and shut his eyes tight waiting for the impact, but instead he was greeted by bellowing laughter. Sunggyu looked up and saw Kris kneeled over hysterically laughing while wiping away stray tears. 


"Wow, that was very amusing." Kris pat Sunggyu on the back and took a seat on top of the large oak desk. Sunggyu was clueless as to what was happening but he didn't dare open his mouth afraid that he would upset Kris. 


"What makes you think he's my boyfriend?" Kris asked when he finally caught his breath.

 
"You're Wu Yifan. Captain of the basketball team. He's Huang Zitao. Captain of the martial arts team. You guys are always together, practically joined at the hip." Sunggyu blushed at his observation. 


"It's a thing called being best friends." Kris flicked Sunggyu on the forehead. 


"You're Kim Sunggyu. Leader of the music club. Kim Myungsoo is leader of the drama club. You guys are always together too, so does that make him your boyfriend?" Kris chuckled. 


"It's a thing called being best friends." Sunggyu mimicked Kris' earlier words. Kris gripped his backpack trap adjusting it on his shoulder as he looked down at Sunggyu's work. 


"Not bad." Kris admitted. Sunggyu looked up at him appalled. 


"Not bad? This is a work of art, you brain." Now it was Kris' turn to back away in fear as the short vocalist stood up with his fists balled up ready to strike a punch. 


"Well, excuse ing me." Kris tried to break away from sunggyu's striking point afraid that his face would receive damage. 


"What do you know about music, asswipe?" Sunggyu went back to his desk in order to gather his sheet music.


"I might not know much about music, but I think you should raise that part an octave seeing as you have a great voice." Kris pointed to the sheet music. 


"You have no idea what you're saying do you?" Sunggyu raised an eyebrow but took the suggestion Kris had mentioned. "Maybe bounce the ball less so you can avoid getting it taken away during games." Sunggyu suggested and Kris had to laugh at that. 


"Now, you don't know what you're talking about." The bell rung and it was a sign that the school day was about to start. 


"So, we cool?" Kris turned the the smaller boy. 


"This doesn't make us friends though." The shorter male confirmed.


"Fine by me. I hate your guts, hamster face." Kris gave him a playful shove. 


"Back at you, fruitcake." 


And once again both boys walked their separate paths, coming from two different  mind sets, different social groups, different habits, different worlds, but only this time their existence was known.