Human

Take a break

Hoseok was never one to let others see him feel anything other than happy.

Hoseok was this ball of sunshine that radiated happiness and optimism. This was the image that he wanted to maintain because it brightened the atmosphere around him infecting anyone around a 10 foot radius of the glowing boy.

So it would make sense that he wanted to conceal what he was currently feeling, right?

Hoseok was curled into a ball with his covers wrapped around himself and his fist near his mouth trying to silence his sobs. This was the complete opposite of his bright and glowing image; this wasn't Hoseok at all.

The sobbing boy had had a rough day; ariving late to his early morning practice, failing to stay on beat and flow the dance steps correctly, gettting scolded by the choreographer. The choreographer had made harsh comments at the boy that tried to hold back his tear. 'yah! Jung Hoseok, you're holding your members back!' 'Why are you so useless today?' 'Do it again Hoseok until you get it right'

After all he is only human and is entitled to feel whatever he wants, right?

As Hoseok wiped at a tear trailing down his cheek, he couldn't help but miss his mother and her comforting words and soothing touches as she ran finger through his hair. Hoseok curled into himself more as if that could conceal the sobs escaping thorugh his lips. He kept wiping furiously at his eyes, that he didn't notice some one entering the room. Hoseok didn't stop crying even as he felt the bed dip and a hand had started his back through the covers.

"Hoseok hyung, don't cry. I'm here." The orange haired boy whispered into the room that was filled with sniffles and subsiding sobs.

"I'm sorry Taehyung. I let the group down. I was useless today. I'm so sorry." The older of the boys mumbled into his hand.

"Yah Hoseok hyung!" The orange haired boy pulled the covers from the latter and embraced him in a tight hug. "Don't for one second think that you are useless. You are just as important as everyone in this group if not more. Hyung, everybody has a bad day. We're all human after all." Taehyung ran his hand through the older boy's hair and wiped the remaining tears on his face with his free hand. 

Hoseok closed his eyes relishing in the feeling of Taehyung's hands on his hair. It reminded Hoseok of the times his mother would ran her hands through his hair as she whispered sweet words of encouragement and strength. He missed his mother. He missed the feeling of being comforted and feeling human. Hoseok wasn't some machine that disregarded all other emotions. Sometimes he was hurt, sometimes he cried, and sometimes he was frustrated.And maybe Hoseok did come to terms that it was okay to let go and feel normal feelings because we are human after all. As Taehyung continued to run his hands through the older boys hair, Hoseok realized that it was okay to let go; and so he began to sob again holding on the the younger with so much force as if he would disappear at any moment. But Taehyung never left. The orange haired boy continued to run his fingers through Hoseok's hair.

When his sobs had finally stopped he turned to face Taehyung.

"Thank you." He smiled at the younger boy. Taehyung responded with a bright smile of his own and hugged Hoseok closer. Hoseok allowed himself to melt into the the warmth emitting from the younger boy. The warmth that he missed so much from his mother. Taehyun's warmth was just as important becuase Taehyung is his family. Taehyung is warmth.

"Thank you, Taehyung."

 

 

((because who needs studying right? i mean i don't have homework to do right? i should just let it go bc Hoseok is me and I am hoseok))