Ch. 5

Unexpected Feelings

It is now Saturday and it is 4 o’clock. Why is it that none of my friends have contacted me? This is so unlike them and so unfair!! I’ve texted every single one of them to see if there was anything fun to do, all of them answered they had plans with either their family or they’re boyfriends. Even Sunny had a date with her boyfriend at the festival tonight! She invited me to join but I declined. I didn’t want to be a third wheel.

As I threw my phone on the bed, it went off as soon as it landed on my pillow. I picked it up to read the message.

Hello ____. It’s me Hoya. If you’re wondering how I got your number, I bugged my cousin in to giving it to me. I was wondering if you would like to go to the festival with me tonight.

To go or not to go. To be bored or to get out of the house is the question.

Sure. Why not? I don’t have anything else planned. I replied

Okay. I’ll pick you up around 7 ^_^.

Hmm now what to wear? It’ll probably be cold out again. Pants it is.

As soon as we got to the festival Hoya paid for our tickets to get in and the bracelets for the rides. I was actually excited to be outside for once.

“What would you like to go on first?” Hoya asked.

“Hmm should we go on the boat ride first?” I said.

“Than the boat ride it is.”

 After the boat ride we went around playing the games. Hoya wanted to win me a prize. I told him it was okay that I didn’t need one but he kept insisting so I let him. After playing three games and his failed attempts to win something, he decided that he was too cool for those baby games and the only reason he couldn’t win was because they were rigged. I couldn’t help but laugh at him.

As we were walking in search of another ride to go on we ran into Sunny and her boyfriend, Minhyuk.

“Oh wow _____! You came!!” Sunny said, while hugging me a little too tightly. “Where are you guys headed?”

“We’re just looking for something to go on. How about you?” I said.

“You guys should go in the haunted house with us!” She said. Without waiting for an answer she dragged me along with the boys following close behind us.

Sunny! You little evil girl!