Chapter 1

Alright
Author's note: Is this story even still a thing? So I came back after my hiatus that felt like forever and I saw all of your comments and support and I'm honestly touched. I don't know if you guys can give me a second chance so I will probably do this story and give you ChenLay feels?! But I'll try not to disappoint you and if you forgot what this all about I would appreciate if you read the foreword >.< And this story will probably come out as totally different than I planned it a few months ago, after all the drama in the fandom. Luhan and Yifan will still be part of this fic, I hope you guys are comfortable with it, because after all WE ARE ONE ^^

 

"Guys I have an announcement to make", Luhan is standing in front of the couch blocking the tv, earning disapproving groans from both Jongin and Sehun, who were busy watching Project Runway and debating if Blood Orange is really a color while Yixing is watching them from the other end of the couch.

"What Lu ge? I don't want to hear your wedding plans with Minseok", Sehun groans and adds "Jongin, if Blood Orange is a color then you want to tell me United Nations Blue is also a color?"

"Yes that is exactly my point", Jongin tries to argue, but is interrupted once again by Luhan: "Guys I'm serious, please"

"Fine Lu Ge tell us what is so important to you and let us watch our show", Sehun says as he turns the tv on mute. 

"Well I just wanted to say that none of you guys will be here tonight, because Minseok and I have our anniversary"

"What anniversary, you guys are in a relationship for how long? Two months?", Jongin asks and wants to grab the remote from Sehun. 

"Yeah the best two months of my life", Luhan says and Yixing's chest suddenly feels like it's been stabbed three times, before the boy adds: "And that is exactly why none of you should be here tonight, I'm preparing a surprise event" 

"So you want to tell me that all 10 of us have to leave the dorm just for you and Minseok hyung to have a date?", Jongin asks. 

"That is what I'm telling you, yes", Luhan answers. 

"But where should we go? It's not like we can just disappear and you know the fans will see us if we just hang outside", Sehun complains and wants to get back the remote that Jongin just grabbed. 

"You have enough friends Sehun-ah and please please please do me this favor", Luhan begs, but is interrupted by the overly annoying voice of Heidi Klum. 

"Yixing, can you help me?", Luhan asks and Yixing who was quietly sitting on the couch watching the events is now dumbfounded. 

"I...Guys you can just sleep in SHINee's dorm or somewhere. Please Luhan ge is always helping you guys too", Yixing begs and earns a breathtaking smile from Luhan. 

"Xie Xie", the older boy murmurs and the younger boys finally give in: "Okay but I don't want to come home to you guys making out anywhere near my bed", Sehun states and Jongin agrees. 

"Thank you guys, I really appreciate it. Now the only one left to ask is Jongdae", Luhan says and Yixing is a bit sad that he wasn't informed about the surprise event for Minseok. He felt like he got more distant from Luhan as the day passed and the only reason why he didn't confess was to keep Luhan near him, but it only seemed like he got further away. Don't be stupid Yixing, you should be happy with what you have.

Yixing was also sad that he wasn't asked to spend the night somewhere else, because Luhan already assumed that he did anyways if he asked the others. Yixing was sad that he wasn't special enough for Luhan to let Yixing know about the secret and that he wasn't special enough to be asked to stay outside, because it didn't matter in fact what he did. Luhan wouldn't look for him anyways. Luhan would never look for him.

The pain in his chest got unbearable, especially with Luhan's laughing face and so he decided to take a rest in his room. The walls were white and so Yixing hoped that his mind would be white soon too. He didn't want to hate on Minseok, because it wasn't his fault and he didn't want to think about his best friend laughing and kissing another boy but he could only imagine Luhan smiling while he prepared gifts and a dinner for Minseok. Something that Yixing wasn't good enough for. 

Yixing was on the edge of crying again and he felt stupid, but also helpless. It wasn't the first time that Luhan begged all the members to stay out of the dorm. When he confessed to Minseok two months ago, the other ten members needed to share one room in Super Junior's dorm for a night and no one really slept because Sehun made weird fart jokes and Jongin kept on laughing his off. Well it wasn't possible for Yixing to sleep that night anyways.

Yixing giggled at that thought, because all of s were precious to him, even though he always thought he had a special relationship with Luhan. But it seems like the other boy thinks different.

But Yixing couldn't complain, Minseok was always so gentle and neat and nice, while he was messy and forgetful and he also could have quite the attitude. Minseok was someone you could have deep conversations with, who would talk to you on an intelligent and mature level, while Yixing could only talk about his home country with Luhan and dancing, his only passion - besides Luhan. 

Yixing didn't like to face it but he was plainly not good enough for Luhan.There were times where he wondered if a good heart can make a difference, if he loves Luhan unconditionally, if he gives his best,if he shows his best sides and manners, if Luhan would notice him then. The answer was no. Because Luhan's heart belonged to another person all along. The pain in his chest made it almost hard to breathe, but Yixing still tried to focus and pack his belongings for the night outside of the dorm. Even though Luhan didn't ask him directly, he would still do it, he would do everything for Luhan. 

A knock on his door interrupted Yixing's thoughts and the small hope that Luhan would stand in front of the door vanished when he heard Jongdae's voice asking: "Can I come in?"

"Sure", was the only answer needed before Jongdae stood in front of Yixing who was busy packing his favorite candy into his MCM bag. 

"You still like that candy? I thought you might ate enough of it", Jongdae laughs and tries to start a conversation, but Yixing is only humming along, caught in his own thoughts. 

"Yixing don't you think you should tell him?", Jongdae asks visceral. Yixing sighs and looks up to meet Jongdae's eyes. 

"It's not that easy you know...and it..it wouldn't change a thing anyways"

"I still can't believe that he didn't fall for you", Jongdae murmurs while he sits down on the bed next to Yixing. 

"What?", Yixing asks confused. "Nothing, I just heard the news"

"So?", Yixing didn't intent to let it sound so mean, but he really wasn't in the mood to talk about that matter right now. 

"So I was here to pick you up", Jongdae announces and smiles at the other boy, who just looks at him confused. 

"I won't let you walk around the streets in self sorrow, I don't want anything to happen to you", Jongdae explains and Yixing nearly starts to cry again. 

"No no no I'm sorry Yixing, I won't force you to go with me. It's just that I thought it would be a good idea, but if you don't wa-"

"No idiot, I'm happy that you care for me", Yixing smiles and the dimple in his cheek shows a happy expression. Jongdae swears that he will hit everyone that makes Yixing cry, but that would mean that he needed to hit himself, so he swears he will hit everyone who makes Yixing cry from tomorrow onwards. 

Jongdae also really wants to hit Luhan, because Yixing's self esteem is so low that he thinks that no one cares about him. But Yixing's dimple disappears as soon as it appeared, because he hears Luhan walking around the dorm, screaming that everyone should go away so he can prepare for Minseok, who's right now busy with his schedule. 

"I will make you stop thinking about him for tonight, believe me", Jongdae smiles at him and Yixing smiles half-heartly back, it was enough for Jongdae for now. 

 

 

"Do you really think this movie will be good?", Jongdae asks when he looks at the movie title. 

"You said I could decide and besides My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic the Movie is the best in 3D", Yixing answers and Jongdae would watch every kid's movie just to see that dimple again. 

They both grab popcorn and soft drinks and walk into the cinema, which is not so surprisingly empty, because who watches kids movies at 11pm. It's better for them anyways, because them watching a kids movie could ruin their image.

"At least we have our peace", Jongdae smiles and Yixing nods while sitting down in the last row. Throughout the advertisments Jongdae tries to focus but always comes back to Yixing's frowning face. He doesn't even want to imagine what his hyung is thinking right now. The fact that Luhan and Minseok didn't keep their relationship so secretly is already annoying when you aren't in love with one of them, so how does Yixing must feel. 

"Jongdae you know my face is not the screen right?", Yixing asks and looks adorable with the 3D glasses that are almost falling off when he turns around to look at Jongdae. 

"It's just that I want to know what you think", Jongdae explains.

"Nothing important", Yixing answers and keeps a straight face and Jongdae wants to scream that it is important. 

"Yixing", Jongdae sighs and adds: "Stop make everything sound so bad when it comes to you"

"I'm not pessimistic, I'm just realistic. My thoughts are usually not interesting", Yixing explains. 

"Why do you think that? I think everything you say is intelligent and mature, so why should your thoughts be any different?", Jongdae smiles at him, but he knows that he messed up when he sees Yixing's lips quivering. 

"Then wh-why does Luhan not care about them?", Yixing asks upset and angry at himself, that tears are streaming down his face again. 

"Yi-Yixing", Jongdae sighs again. 

"Don't worry, I told you I was just realistic", Yixing explains and wipes the tears away, before he turns around to watch the movie. 

Jongdae doesn't know what to say, because clearly it didn't matter what Luhan thinks, but Yixing thinks totally different so there was no use to argue. Jongdae was disappointed in himself, because he wanted Yixing to forget everything but instead he reminded him.

 

They were halfway into the movie when one of the ponies fell for his best friend and Jongdae couldn't bear to see it, because he knew how Yixing felt. He stood up and Yixing looked at him surprised. 

"Let's do something different. I have an idea on what we could do", Jongdae smiles and takes Yixing's hand. 

Yixing nearly stumbles when he's pulled out of the cinema, both of them pull up their hood and keep on wearing the ridiculous glasses so no one would recognize them. 

"Where are we going?", Yixing asks confused. 

"To a place where we can strengthen your self-confidence and have fun at the same time", Jongdae smiles. 

"Are you sur-?", Yixing wants to ask but Jongdae counters with another question: "Do you trust me?"

"...Do I have another opportunity?", Yixing asks and Jongdae laughs: "No you don't" 

And with that Jongdae smiles at him and Yixing forgot for a second that Minseok was probably having dinner with Luhan in that moment and it didn't even matter if Jongdae just kept on smiling like that.