Day by Day

Gee, Boy!

Chapter Five

 

Unfortunately, the days were not turning well for Yoona as she had hoped it would.

The more time she spent time with Ji Yong in the studio grew more serious and she became more stressed in improving her vocals.

After recording the song, they moved straight onto the dance choreography.

"Yoona, I told you. You swerve your hips out." Ji Yong commented, his hair and body were damp with sweat.

Yoona sighed out, as she moved her hair out of her face, she too was sweating.

Inside the dance studio, the spacious room was quiet, with only the two inside as they practiced for the dance.

With Ji Yong beside her, he showed her how to dance the step properly, face to face with the studio mirror.

Yoona stared at his move and tried doing it herself.

After hours of practice, she struggled with the older boy who trained her relentlessly.

Ji Yong observed her movement and bit his lip in frustration.

He was a patient person, but when it comes down to music and dancing, he wasn't someone to joke around with.

He took this business seriously.

Even though he understood that Yoona came from a different company, having to practice with nine other members and wasn't confident in her singing, he wasn't about to let him down or let her low confidence drag them both down.

He was a leader, he wanted to perfect this collaboration together, even if it means to practice every day, working up sweat and getting aggravated.

And right now, in the studio, he was no longer Kwon Ji Yong.

No, he was G-dragon. A perfectionist. A confident, hard-working singer.

As for the other, Yoona struggled with herself.

She knew she wasn't confident with her singing and she is a sensitive person who puts herself down whenever it comes to bashing, bad comments or she wasn't satisfied with herself and thinks to herself that she could do better.

In other words, she was the opposite of the the man she was with.

Yoona knew that he was being patient with her; that he was holding back.

She didn't know whether to be frustrated or relieved of that.

G-dragon looked at the time and failed to hide the frustration on his face.

They've been practicing for 6 hours today and nonstop.

Not only were they long behind their schedule but it felt like the process wasn't going anywhere, the routine was stiff, Yoona still hasn't perfected it and she needed to still improve her singing parts, not to mention after they finish with that; they still had plenty more things to work on, the music video, the public announcement of the company collaboration and he still had to practice his parts as well.

'Even though she's trying her best; it's not good enough, she should be trying harder.' Ji Yong thought.

He watched as Yoona messed up slightly on her routine and he couldn't take it anymore.

G-dragon snapped.

"I told you to do it properly, Yoona."

Yoona stopped and looked at him.

She had a dispirited expression on her face, but that didn't stop him from scolding her or letting out his frustration. Whether she was a girl, SNSD, SM artist, whatever!

That didn't stop him and he wasn't about to hold back.

"C'mon Yoona, how hard can it be?" he scolded.

He danced the part she was struggling with, showing her how it was done.

And he performed it flawlessly.

Yoona bit the thumb of her fingernail as she watched and stayed silent.

Ji Yong looked at her and placed his hands on his hips.

"The thing about me is, I'm not going to go easy on anyone, even you. I want this to be a success. I'm trying to be nice, but you doing this over a hundred times, and it still doesn't even matter how many times you do this routine, and it's still not good enough."

The studio was suddenly filled with tension and Ji Yong's angry rant. It also didn't help the fact it was humid and hot inside.

G-dragon gave Yoona an intimidating look and she averted her gaze down.

"You have to do this properly, we're both working on this together, how can we work this out when one is slacking behind? Huh?"

The Big Bang leader massaged his neck around and moved the front of his hair away from his eyes.

"I mean, the announcement and due date is almost arriving and look at us! We're running into a dead end here, I don't want that Yoona."

Yoona continued to look down, holding in the swirling emotions that was reaching up to her chest.

"We both made this routine, half of these moves are made by yourself and you can't even do it properly? Is something wrong? Huh? Something going on with you?"

Ji Yong's bitter words hit her like nails, though he wasn't yelling, his voice rang out clearly inside the studio and the piercing gaze he held amplified the harsh criticism.

Still not finished with the rebuke, he demonstrated the part where she was failing at.

"Look, Yoona. This part you're having most difficulty with. When I see it, I barely see the motion, I don't feel anything. I see it, but I don't FEEL it! Come on, put more detail into it. Step up to your game, alright?!"

G-dragon sighed heavily, showing more of his stress.

"I don't want to be criticizing you, I don't want to see you look like this, but in order to do this, we gotta be serious. If we don't, we'll . You should know what I'm feeling, you feel the same way. It's really frustrating for us both."

Finally done with the rant, he turned away and messed his hair roughly.

"Aiiish!! I mean, really now!" he exclaimed out.

Yoona looked up, glaring at him.

Her eyes were glossy, as tears threatens to fall out and her lips were quivering.

"Are you done?" she asked, in a hoarse voice, almost as if she was about to cry.

Ji Yong looked back at her with a surprised look on his face.

 


 

Meanwhile, outside of the studio room, Tae Yang, TOP and Seung Ri were talking amongst themselves, they decided that they would visit Ji Yong and Yoona and watch them practice.

"Hyung, are you sure this is a good idea?" Seung Ri asked.

Tae Yang smiled.

"Yeah, I mean, we can see how things are working out for them, and if they're in a bind, we can help them out. No problem."

TOP furrowed his eyebrows together.

"I'm worried about Yoona though."

Seung Ri nudged him.

"Ooooh, what's this, TOP hyung?"

Tae Yang grinned.

"Has Big Seung Hyun have a soft spot for SNSD member, Im Yoona?"

TOP rolled his eyes.

"It's not like that.. but you know how serious Ji Yong can be with practice."

Seung Ri blinked.

"Oh..."

Tae Yang's grin faltered.

"Well, yeah.. but it can't be so bad, I mean.. that's with us. I'm sure he won't do that with Yoona..." he reassured them, though his sentence didn't sound confident.

As they walked closer to the studio, they heard couple of voices shouting inside and all three of them looked at each other.

TOP raised an eyebrow. "Or maybe he will...?"

"That doesn't sound good.." Seung Ri muttered.

Slowly, Tae Yang opened the door and they looked inside.

Inside the studio, Yoona and Ji Yong were standing face to face with each other and arguing.

"It's really frustrating! But you make it sound like everything is my fault. I'm trying my best!"

"Well, you have to try harder, Yoona. I told you 100 times to do the routine properly!"

Yoona threw her hands up in the air.

" You sound like you're the one doing all the hard work and you're all high-and-mighty, but you don't understand that I'm working with you! We're doing this together as a team and how can I stay here and sit quietly when you're scolding me like a child!"

"And why are you throwing your temper at me? Aren't you a singer? You can't take a criticism?" Ji Yong scoffed.

"I can't believe this..This is really..." Yoona muttered.

She gave him one last glare and stomped towards the studio door, only to stop half way when she realized that Tae Yang, TOP and Seung Ri witnessed their argument.

Ji Yong looked ashamed when he saw his group members in front of the doorway and turned around.

Yoona bit her and lip and squeezed past by Tae Yang and TOP and resumed to walking away.

Tae Yang,TOP and Seung Ri watched as Yoona walked away and then several seconds later, they turned back their attention towards their leader who was sitting down on a chair with his back turned against them.

Tae Yang cleared his throat softly and jerked his head towards the two members and whispered softly.

"You guys, take care of Ji Yong. I'm going to find Yoona and talk to her, find out what happened. Hopefully we can fix this mess..."

TOP and Seung Ri nodded in agreement, as the two approached Ji Yong, Tae Yang left the studio in search of the SNSD member.