One Year Later

Gee, Boy!

Chapter One

 

"Lee Soo Man ssi."

The founder and CEO of YG entertainment greeted the chairman of SM entertainment as he entered inside a desolate office for a private meeting with one of his business partners.

The older man stood up and gave a polite smile, shaking the other man's hand, greeting him back equally.

"Yang Hyun Suk ssi, how are you? Please, take a seat."

As the younger of the two sat down on an empty chair next to the SM chairman, he looked up and asked, getting right down to business.

"So, on the phone you told me you had ideas involving our two companies. What have you had in mind?"

Lee Soo Man entwined his fingers together, resting his elbows on the sleek, wooden desk in his serious business pose.

"Yes, well, I've noticed that we both each collaborated with the JYP management and decided; if it's not too bad of an idea, for us to work together?"

Yang Hyun Suk mulled it over in his head, while he was doing so, he voiced out his thought, which Lee Soo Man replied in answer.

"I don't mind it, though we do have different taste in music."

"It'll be new! Something hip, yet fresh, with a hint of charisma and simplicity. The two styles clashing together unexpectedly, no one will even see it coming."

"Hmm... I can see where you're going with this. Alright, lets work this out." confirmed Yang Hyuk Suk.

Lee Soo Man smiled brightly and took out his hand to seal the contract together, which the YG CEO offered his own hand in return.

"Now, the question is... how should we work this out?"

Yang Suk pulled his hand back and raised his hand close to his mouth, thinking.

"Well, with Tae Yang's solo album out, he'll be pretty busy... not to mention most of them are separated for now; doing their own thing and Ji Yong is still dealing with the criticism and harsh comments after he released his own album."

Lee Soo Man nodded his head, showing how he understood.

"Yes, I know what you mean.. one of our SNSD members, Yoona is struggling with the anti-fans and bad comments due to the scandals as well."

The two business men sighed heavily seeing to how their companies were struggling through hardship.

"Let's discuss this further. Now, what sort of collaboration are we going for? What do you have in mind?"

"Well, now that you've mentioned it... I have had this one idea in mind..."

"Oh?"


 

"Thank you for all your hard work!" the PD and other team members shouted out.

The crew, including cast members bowed, clapping their hands.

Just as Yoona was about to walk towards the van that takes her home, a voice stopped her.

"Yoona!"

Yoona turned around, hearing a husky, male voice calling out her name.

"Oh!" her eyes widened slightly.

"Taecyeon oppa."

He walked towards her, just as the two were in close range, he gave her a small smile.

She returned it with a smile of her own.

"Um," he looked down, shuffling his foot on the ground. "you did good today."

She blinked and smiled, without showing her teeth. "Thanks, you too.."

There was a short pause in their small talk, and the two felt an awkward silence hanging over them.

"So, you're going home already?" he asked, the first to break the silence.

Yoona looked up and gave a him a curt nod. "Yeah, after this.. and you?"

Taecyeon averted his eyes while he replied back.

"Mhm, I need a break, after all, Family Outing 2 has ended for us."

"Yeah.."

Yoona looked around silently as Taecyeon ruffled the back of his head with his hand.

"Look, umm... about--" just as Taecyeon was about to start his sentence, another voice interrupted him.

"Yoona-yah~ Taecyeon-ah~"

Yoona tilted her head and smiled.

"Ah, Jo Kwon oppa!"

Taecyeon turned his head slightly to see his friend jogging towards them, waving one of his arm in the air.

The 2AM leader flashed them a smile, hooking his arms around Yoona and Taecyeon.

"Let's go eat, I'm hungry!"

Yoona let out a short laugh.

"Oppa, I can't, I'm going home straight after this."

Taecyeon tried to pull away.

"Yeah, I'm tired, Kwon-ah."

Jo Kwon opened his mouth in mid-shock.

"What are you guys talking about? This is the end of Family Outing 2, that means no more Idol line. We have to celebrate by eating out! I already told everyone that we were going to go~"

Taecyeon hesitated, as he averted his gaze towards Yoona.

"I don't know..."

But Jo Kwon wouldn't have it, as he stubbornly negotiated.

"Come on! I know a great place to go out and eat, it's small, cozy and they make the best cooked meat!"

He then started to nudge Yoona.

"Say yes, Yoona-yah~ You recently turned 20, don't you want to hang with us? Huh? Drink soju, eat, laugh, talk? Huhhhh? There's meat, Yoona-yah, meat~ My treat~"

As he tried tempting her, Yoona looked like she was about to change her mind on going home. After all, Jo Kwon's offer did sound sinfully tempting.

Knowing he had her, he turned his attention towards his 2PM friend, and nudged him next.

"You too, Taecyeon-ah! Don't you want to hang out with us? Just chill, eat and drink till your heart and stomach is content?"

Taecyeon glanced at Yoona as she bit her lip in thought.

"Yah, Kwon-ah..."

Jo Kwon playfully smacked his arm.

"Yah, what's better? Going to sleep or having me treat you to an extravagant dinner? You shouldn't turn down an invitation, it's really rude!"

Yoona laughed.

"Hahaha! I'll go, oppa! I'll go."

The 2AM leader smiled and wrapped his arm around Yoona's shoulder.

"Alright, Taecyeon, now what about you? In or out?"

The two looked at Taecyeon who was still hesitating.

Taecyeon inhaled deeply as he saw his two friends staring at him for his answer. He looked at his male friend who gave him his signature look; narrowing his eyes, raising one of his neatly trimmed eyebrow with his lips pursed out.

He sighed and gave a curt nod.

"Assa~" he exclaimed, wrapping his arm around his taller friend and guiding them to an empty car for them to ride.

"Let's go, whoooooooooooooooooooooooo~~!"

Yoona and Taecyeon gave each other a look and laughed out loudly at Jo Kwon's infectious charm.

 


 

After their long discussion, the two men smiled at each other in satisfaction at the idea.

"Great, I'll talk this over with them, to see if it's alright with them."

Lee Soo Man clapped his hands.

"Thank you, I'll do the same as well and I'll give you a call."

The two business CEOs both stood up and they shook each others hand once more in appreciation.

"Looking forward to working with you, Yang Hyun Suk ssi."

"Yes, so am I, Lee Soo Man ssi."

"Let's hope this all works out well."

 


Author's Note: For those who are confused with the title for chapter one; I'll explain. My foreword/summary is timed around 2009, where Gee and Heartbreaker was released. So the chapter, meaning one year later (passed) as of today, 2010. I hope that made sense?