Chapter 4 - Sighting

Sweet Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     You hear the tinkling sound of a bell as you opened the door to a small, cozy cafe, its location hidden from the main streets of Seoul, but just a few blocks from your apartment. It was your favorite cafe, on account of it's warmness, it's crews' friendliness, and how it was rarely crowded, even if the cafe was quite well known for it's superb service. You immediately sat down on your favorite seat, a comfy booth just beside the glass window, where you can clearly see everything going on in the cafe, plus, you can enjoy the scenery outside. The cafe's location was in direct line with a park, but cunningly hidden from people. You can easily see the park, but the people in it would have to know the cafe's location in order to spot it.

    You open your bag, a simple leather backpack that was a gift from your dad, and take out a book, enjoying the calmness of the atmosphere. The waiter, Dong-il, knew you all too well because of your frequent visits and walked towards you, in his hands your favorite cup of green tea. You smiled at him as he placed the cup of warm goodness in front of you. You two had recently become close. During your exams, you would come to the shop right after school, claiming that you like studying there better than studying at home. You would stay there even until closing time, and those times, Dong-il would just casually sit across you and help you with studying. Since then, both of you had been friends.

    "Thanks, tokki [bunny]." You smiled at him, calling him the pet name you gave him because of his large (but cute) frontal incisors. 

    "You've got to stop calling me that, goyang-i saekki [kitten]." He groaned, ironically using his pet name for you.

    "You're one to talk." You laughed. "But really, isn't goyang-i saekki such a mouthful?"

    "Not for me." He winked, "I like calling you that. It suits you." You rolled your eyes at his remark.

    "Dong-il ah! There's a new customer at table three!" The shop manager interrupted, calling Dong-il's attention.

    "Ah, got to go. Duty calls. Be back later." He told you before getting up and heading to table number three, tripping over his feet in the process.

    "Sure," you answered. "Go serve more coffee and tea, and make people happy." You called out to him, trying to hold in your laughter.

    "Got it." He answered, turning to face you for a moment, then making a gun gesture while clicking his tongue and winking at you.

    You shook your head, laughing at his antics.

 


    "No..." You muttered to yourself as you witness (in your imagination, of course) Fred Weasley die for the umpteenth time, while tears built up in your eyes, completely immersed in the story, as per usual. You've always been a Potterhead, And no matter how many times you've read and reread the books, and watched and re-watched the movies, Fred's death was always the worst for you, maybe because you've loved the twins from the very start. Both of them were your favorite characters, and having one of them die was the worst.

    You set your book down while you had a moment. You took a deep breath, then drank from the teacup, before realizing it was already empty. You've finished it all while you were reading, and you didn't even realize it was already empty. You stand up to order more, walking towards your friend in the cashier. You were halfway towards your destination when you realized that Dong-il was slowly falling asleep on the job. His eyes were drooping, and he would fall asleep any second, but would shoot right back up when he starts to drift off to slumber. Knowing that his boss wouldn't be too happy with what you're witnessing, you decided to be a good friend and wake him up.

    In your own special way, of course.

    You walked towards his back as silently as possible, smiling evilly, and placed your teacup on the counter.

    The plan was to get behind him, wait for the right moment where his state was more towards awake, but still asleep enough to be able to surprise him, be a creeper and draw on his face using eyeliner, tickle his chin and his neck (his most sensitive

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter