Chapter 2 - The Package

Sweet Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 2: The Package

 

"Suho hyung! Suho hyung!" Jongdae shook the older boy awake aggressively.

"Mmmnnrpphh." Suho groaned, not pleased with someone disturbing his slumber.

"Suho hyung! Wake up, jebal."

Suho grudgingly got up and gave Chen a look of contempt. He raised an eyebrow, as if asking 'what?'

"Suho hyung," Jongdae heaved a sigh, as if preparing for a big speech.

"A-girl-called-me-and-her-voice-was-shaking-and-she-said-she-was-sick-and-she-thought-I-was-her-best-friend-someone-called-Eunhye-and-maybe-she-misdialled-that-girl's-number-and-she-was-asking-me-to-go-to-her-place-to-help-her-in-a-building-somewhere-called-diamond-third-floor-last-door-on-the-right-what-do-I-do-hyung?"

"What?" Suho replied, still dazed from sleep.

"Suho hyung!" Jongdae whined.

"Really, Chen. I didn't understand a word. Slow it down a notch."

Chen rolled his eyes, and explained, "Hyung, a girl called me, and no, it's not what you're thinking, it's not like that. Stop it!" Chen yelled, punching Suho's arm because of the suggestive looks he was giving. "So," Chen continued, glaring at his hyung, "A girl called me in the middle of the night. Her voice was shaky, and she sounded sick. I think she misdialed her friend's number, which was why she called me instead. She said she needed help, and she lives at a building somewhere called Diamond, on the third floor, her place in the last door on the right. What do I do, hyung? She needs help, and she's expecting her friend to come but she didn't even know she called the wrong number. I wouldn't want to leave her sick, but if we go out at this time without an , it would be dangerous, and if we were to help her, we don't even know where this building is!"

Jongdae was full of worry. He wanted to help the girl. Heck, he was so kindhearted, he would help anyone on the street if not for his manager's interventions. His fists were clenched so tightly, but they were kept stationed on his sides. He was trying to keep his head level, but his frustration was getting the best of him.

"Calm down, Chen. Maybe we could do something else rather that directly going there?" Suho suggested.

"But what? What is there to do? You haven't heard her, but she sounded so...pained. Her voice was so rough and shaky, you could tell that she wasn't supposed to speak, but she did to ask for help. And now I can't do anything to help her. I feel pathetic." Jongdae almost whispered the end.

"No, you're not pathetic, Chen. You're anything but pathetic. You're always helping people in the best way you can. That's not pathetic. Don't feel so down. It's like you're giving up already. We'll think of something, okay?" Suho, always the supportive hyung, patted Jongdae's back and gave him a reassuring smile.

"Okay, hyung. Just...be quick."

 

 

"Hyung!" Jongdae elongated the u, "Hurry up thinking!"

They were now in the kitchen, and only a single lamp was . Chen was sitting on a stool, his head leaning against his palms, his elbows on the marble finish of the kitchen island while Suho was hiding behind the open refrigerator door, apparently looking for something to eat.

"You could indirectly help her." Suho suddenly said, getting his head out of the fridge and looking at the gloomy Chen.

"But how do you indirectly help somebody, hyung?"

"You could, you know, maybe send a care package or something anonymously." Suho replied, taking out a carton of milk and pouring out the contents in a clear glass.

"You have so much money, hyung, you need to buy more food for us." Jongdae commented, getting up from his stool and looking into the refrigerator as well. "Oh, and how do I do that? That care package? And how do I send it anonymously? If I use the mail, it will surely arrive later. We need to help her now."

"You could just ask one of the drivers to deliver it for you. Or we could go incognito and do it ourselves. You know, just like one of those spy movies. Dress up in all black, then go in stealth mode, leave the package on her doorstep, ring the doorbell, then leave quickly." Suho spoke, making a gun figure using his fingers and acting all spy-ish.

"Hyung," Chen groaned, "The main point of doing all this indirect stuff is because we can't be there personally, you know."

"Oh, right. Mian." Suho scratched his neck in embarrassment.

"So here's the plan. We make this care package," Chen said, making air quotations around the words 'care package', "And fill it with stuff to make her feel better. Like um, fruits, vitamins, hot packs and medicine."

"But where do we get those? I mean, it's almost three a.m., and we can't go out."

"Well, we've got fruits here. I think I still have a few hot packs left in my room. And hyung, you have vitamins, right?" Jong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter