Chapter 3 - First Direct Contact

Sweet Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your eyes widened at what your bestfriend just said.

"Eunhye, what do I do now? I gave that person my address, thinking it was you!" You quaked. You were frowning, your fingers didn't know what to do, and you kept scrunching your hair at the roots.

"Easy, girl. Right now, what we need to do, is to go to class. We'll figure this out later, okay?"

"But-" you protested.

"Look, would you rather learn about ellipses, rays and formulas we'd never use in real life, or skip class and worry about a possibly non-existent serial killer-slash-stalker? Because I'd gladly do the latter with you," Your best friend joked, knowing that you hated missing classes.

"Ugh. I hate you." You stomped off, heading to your class while Eunhye followed you behind, laughing.

 

Throughout the class, you kept glaring daggers at her, and in turn, she would just put her tongue out and snicker at you.

"Ms. Nam Eunhye, is there a problem?" The professor suddenly asked sternly, noticing Eunhye's mocking actions.

You silently laughed at her, not because she was in trouble, but because you knew she's just going to say something witty or sarcastic at your professor.

"No. No, ma'am. We'll, actually, there is. You see, my best friend here," she smirked, pointing at you, "Had a moment of stupidity and accidentally misdialed my new number. Thinking she was talking to me, she told that person her home address. Now, she's panicking and she keeps on thinking a madman's going to appear at her doorstep anytime and she'd be in danger. She doesn't know what to do, and truthfully, so does I. Now that you know the problem, miss, would you rather continue on explaining why Brutus killed Julius Caesar or help my friend solve her 'madman' problem?"

At this, you couldn't help but laugh out loud. Eunhye was always like this, even in front of her seniors. Many would think she was rude, but she wasn't, really. She was just like that, and you just get used to it.

"Wait, I forgot to mention something," Eunhye stood up again, holding up a finger. "She said that after that call, she received a care package from anonymous, containing some fruits, supplements and medicine."

"And vitamin water," you whispered.

"And vitamin water," she added, nodding.

The teacher stared at Eunhye, momentarily shocked and probably wondering if all she said was true.

"Was all that true, Miss Lee?" She asked, staring at you with worry and confusion etched in her young face.

You stood up, joining your best friend, "Yes, ma'am. All she said was true," you nodded.

"Did you touch the package? Have you eaten the fruits, or taken the medicines, perhaps?"

"No. But I drank from this. The vitamin water." You held up the teal drinking bottle, now only three-quarters full.

"Did it ever occur to you that that package might be from that 'madman' you were calling?" She let out an exasperated sigh, like my lack of intelligence was wearing her down. "You know, _______, you're really smart, but sometimes, when it comes to situations like this you can be really..." She trailed off.

"...stupid." Eunhye suddenly said, finishing the teacher's words. "Or idiotic. A moron. Whichever you prefer."

You reach out and slap her arm, that being a reflex proving you've been together far too long.

 

"Stop stressing already." Eunhye complained as you two walked towards the school's doors. Classes for that day just ended, but unlike other days, you weren't eager to go home. Who knows what evil might be lurking around your apartment.

"Hey, maybe you should consider what the professor said earlier. Think about it. How would that anonymous package sender know where you live, unless you told him or her? Maybe that person on the other line, and that package sender was just one person, and he or she was kind enough to help you when I couldn't," Eunhye said, stopping in her tracks a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter