Hiding In The Shadows

The Sky Above Us

Just a super short prologue-bonus chapter-oneshot-sequel-thing...??

I don't force you to read this so if you were happy with the previous ending or just think that this will destroy the whole story then go away, leave now and never come back!!   LOL   just joking!!    Don't go~ :D  

I bet the most of you wanted something like this but I don't still promise too happy ending. It just wouldn't fit into this story.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

 

I would have been lying if I had said that I didn't think about you.

 

It would have been such a ing fat lie.

 

You were on my mind everyday and I couldn't help it. Every single thing I saw remainded me of you, my T-shirts, that old carpet on the floor, the dinning table, my broken sofa and of course there was also that small cage in the corner I should have thrown away a long time ago. So basically looking around in this little cabin was like a suicide. Well, the outside world wasn't any better. I would have never believed that feeling the soft wind on my skin could be so painful.

 

Of course I had thought that starting a new life after you left would be a nice thing to do and moving back to my hometown was an excellent idea for where I could start. I learned quickly that the city life wasn't for me, not at all. There was one good word to describe my short stay there.

 

Horrible.

 

The people were so different, rude and selfish. They didn't care about eatch others, I couldn't say that I had been any better before but now I could see the true colors of this world.

 

It wasn't pretty.

 

The only thing in the people's minds was money. The money told who they were, where they could live or even walk, it was everything and people knew it very well. Just a little bit too well. The other reason why I didn't like the town was that it had been too noisy and dirty, air smelled bad and my head started to hurt like crazy when I stepped outside.

 

But the thing I hated the most wasn't the people or the town, it was the gray sky. It was so ugly, dissgusting, it was like a reflection of our decayed hearts. I couldn't see the sun or the little stars I used to watch in the forest because they were covered by dirty fog. I didn't regret coming back to the forest and I wasn't planning on leaving again.

 

Maybe I was one of those bad people who get everything they wanted without doing anything, one of those people who don't deserve a second change but still get it.

 

I was definitely one of them.

 

Yeah, I must be.

 

I would have never believed that someone like me would be so lucky to get so many chances to see you running around happily, a smile on your face.

 

Nothing went as planned so why I was complaining?

 

I enjoyed watching the childish games you played with your forest spirit and shape shifter friends but I was little envious toward them. Well, not just a little. You looked so happy around them but I had again one more reason to remember everything I had done to you. I knew very well that I had caused your fear by myself and you would never be so stupid to come near me again but somehow my heart hurt that you always hid quickly after you saw me.

 

I should have been happy of the little string of hope I had.

 

Hah!

 

But I wasn't.

 

Those moments I saw you were too short.

 

They weren't enough for me.

 

I wanted more.

 

So much more.

 

Maybe I was too greedy?

 

Probably.

 

But I missed you more than I had expected.

 

I felt so lonely, bored, empty. It was like I couldn't be complete without you. Something was off, terribly wrong when I woke up every morning without you. The things didn't feel the same, the coffee I had loved before tasted like water and sleeping didn't make me any less tired.

 

I just lived.

 

More like breathed.

 

I didn't get my job done everyday. The hell! I didn't even want to do it so usually I just returned home with empty hands and instead of hunting I used my time to find you. Thank God you weren't blessed with common sense or else I would have gone insane sooner or later while tracking you. 

 

I had tried to freeze my heart and forget you but it worked as well as everything else in my life. Memories played over and over again and there wasn't any way to stop them. I couldn't freeze the heart you had melted. I had learned to care and that wasn't an ability I could just ignore.

 

I wanted you to come back.

 

No.

 

That wouldn't be right.

 

I wanted you to tell me that letting go of you had been a right choose, that I hadn't made a mistake again. I wanted you to tell me how happy you were when you played with your friends, how nice the sun and the rain felt on your pale skin.

 

But I still wanted you to come back.

 

Just like yesterday and the day before I found myself sitting near your hiding place, covered by green leaves. This time you had chosen a super small and hidden meadow as your hiding place. You probably knew I was here but ignored my presence as long as I didn't show up.

 

You were giggling happily as your friends chased you around, trying to catch you and when they finally did all the three of you fell to the ground laughing loudly. Your voice was melodic and sweet, it calmed me down, hypnotized me, it told me that you were okay.

 

Everything was so peaceful, so calm.

 

It was like the world was perfect.

 

The sun was warm and it felt good on my skin. It blinded my eyes but I couldn't care less.

 

The sky was clear and blue, just like I wanted it to be.

 

No dark clouds, just white ones.

 

And I felt myself relax, sleepy.

 

Finally I could rest.

 

Everything was alright.

 

No worries or stress.

 

The moment was simply perfect.

 

Not even in million years would I have seen it coming.

 

I jumped up in a shock, almost choking on my own saliva when I heard two gun shots echoing in the air. This couldn't be happening. No. Not now.

 

It was funny how fast the world that had been so peaceful a second ago could turn to be a scary, cruel nightmare. The sun wasn't warm anymore and the blue sky had turned into gray, the leaves of the trees were black and every sound was too loud. I couldn't hear your happy laughs, instead the air was filled with screams and crying.

 

My heart was jumping fast as I ran toward you, pushing branches out of the way and jumpimg over the big stumps. I couldn't care less if I trippped and hit my head, I just had to get to you and make sure that your life wouldn't end today because of me. Because of the hunter who could hurt you in all possible ways but was too slow to save you.

 

My panic rised when I saw you bent down next to your unmoving friend, screaming his name, tears falling again on your rosy cheeks. Oh how much I hated the sight in front of me and I was everything else than calm when I realized what had happened to your friend. His brown bunny ears were pressed flat against his skull, huge eyes were closed tight as let out shaky breaths when the red blood colored his white shirt. 

 

An another hunter was standing in front of you, a wide smile on his lips, laughing madly.

 

The scene brought back memories.

 

The bad ones.

 

The ones where you were in the cage.

 

Locked.

 

Alone.

 

Begging me to let you go.

 

Screaming for help that never came.

 

This was like the first time I had caught you, the only difference was that the hunter was someone else, not me.

 

The sad truth was that I could still imagine myself easily on that hunter's place, my gun pointing toward your head, watching your panic and feel a smirk on my face when I was about to press the trigger.

I had been like him before and a little part of that me still lived somewhere deep inside of me. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't change the fact who I had been. I had made mistakes and changing myself after them didin't erase the responsibility they had brought along.

 

Living in this world was never easy.

 

Living in this forest was even harder.

 

Nobody gave mercy.

 

'Mercy' didn't mean anything here, it was a completly meaningless word.

 

You had to be cruel if you wanted to survive here.

 

There wasn't other opitions than fight or die.

 

Just fight or die.

 

But what about those who can't fight?

 

What about those who are too weak to protect themselves?

 

What about those who had never done anything wrong but were forced to bow the fate.

 

What about you?

 

You can't fight or hide.

 

You are weak and fragile.

 

You won't survive without help, it just isn't possible and the situation was a good proof of that. You neede someone to take care of you, to protect you and make sure you won't hurt yourself. I wasn't the best person to say something like that but I wanted to do someting to wash away the guilty feeling inside of me. So without thinking twice I killed that bastard.

 

One.

 

Two.

 

Three shots and the hunter was laying on the ground lifelessly, a suprised look on his ugly face.

 

His pathetic life was over.

 

You were safe but I wasn't proud of myself, I felt shame when our eyes met.

 

I was still a killer, a murderer.

 

'But this time I had saved lives.'

 

Like it would change something?

 

"S-SeHun... Help him p-please." Your stuttered have never broke my heart more, the beautiful voice of yours was so broken and quiet. I wanted to hold you, hug you and tell you that everything will be alright, that nobody will hurt you or your friends never again.

 

It was easy to see that you were still afraid of me. Painfully easy. You backed away from me and hid behind your wolf shape shifter friend, trying to not show how scared you were. I could see how your hands trembled when you held the hem of his shirt as I lifted your limp friend over my shoulder.

 

It's okay to be scared as long as you don't hate me.

 

"You won't l-let him die, right?"

 

I didn't really know what I should have said. 'Of course not' and 'never' were too strong lines, giving you promises I couldn't keep was't my plan and it would just hurt you more if I gave you false hope. I didn't want to be a liar or make you suffer more so I just nodded lightly, being happy that you trusted me even a little. I wasn't a doctor but I knew how to keep people alive so your friend would most likely live more than two hours. 

 

"I'll try my best." I said watching you reaction carefully. It was better than I had expected, this time you didn't try to run away but walked closer, knowing that we had to hurry although the distance to my cabin wasn't that long. But because your dying friend wouldn't think that positively I wasn't taking useless risks and let you watch your friend's death or make you regret trusting me, not after all I have done. 

 

 

It was better to let your wounds heal properly than open them accidently and watch you break down in front of me.

 

 

Healing is a long process.

 

It will take time.

 

A lot of time.

 

I don't know how much more I have to wait.

 

Weeks?

 

Months?

 

Maybe even years.

 

But that's okay.

 

I can wait.

 

I will just hide in the shadows.

 

I will watch you quietly and come to help you if you need me.

 

I will keep you safe.

 

But a little kiss wouldn't hurt right?

 

"Bambi..." Your face was still as innocent as always when I leaned closer carefully, trying not to scare you away this time. Before you knew I was right in front of you, that famous smirk on my face and hand under your chin, lifting it upward. A little yelp was the only thing I heard when I brought our lips together.

 

 

 

 

__________

a/n:

THE END.  :D

so~ ... hope this was a little bit better and I didn't destroy this... ^^'   And if you aren't pleased just think that this never happened.

I swear the bunny is still alive. Can any of u guess who was it? :D

~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~

And go check my kaisoo oneshot too. It's called 'holding hands with you'. It's a some kind of like angsty hospital & angelau mix ??

THANK YOU ALL!!   <3

comments please~