Chapter 5 (Last Chapter)

THE GAP BETWEEN US

“I am pretty sure about it!” Takaki Yumi yelled toward her husband, and the older man shook his head.


“We can’t be sure, dear. We don’t have the proof.” The man said gently. “Don’t be too emotional, dear.” Takaki Sato said again, but his wife shook her head frantically.


“But, our blood type are same. It can be also a proof.” Mrs. Takaki still in her argument, but her husband shook his head again. “We can’t be certain about it just by the blood type.” Her husband said again. Yuya looked at his foster parents contemplated, and approached them.


“Anoo..” Yuya called them hesitantly, and both adults turn their head.

“Yes, Yuya?” Mrs. Takaki ask gently.

“We can be sure with one way.” Yuya said calmly, and both his foster parents furrowed their eyebrows.

“With DNA test.” Yuya added with smile, and that success make Takaki couple smile in bright.

***

“So, we need your permission to do that.” Mr. Takaki said. Now, they are in Yuto’s, Keito’s and Daiki’s mansion. Earlier, he had called his bestfriends also their sons to tell about the problem. Mrs. Takaki looked at Nakajima couple, Arioka couple and Okamoto couple in hopefull eyes.


Mr. Nakajima sighed, and facing the couple and their oldest son. “Actually, the one that you need to ask for the permission isn’t us. You need to ask the permission to our sons, because they’re the one that took Ryosuke-kun into their custody.” Mr. Nakajima said wisely, and that success make Mrs. Takaki looked at Yuto, Daiki and Keito hopefully.


“So, can us do that?” Mrs. Takaki ask. Yuto then looked at his two bestfriends, and when Keito and Daiki nodded their head, Yuto then facing his parent’s best friends.


“Actually Takaki-san, I just want to know. If the result show the positive result, what will you do? Do you consider his feeling?” Yuto ask the older man and woman.


“What do you mean by that, Yuto-kun?” Mr. Takaki ask. This time, Keito anwered, “You know, Takaki-san, all this time, Ryosuke always felt that he is being left behind and also labeled himself as a trash. When he knows the truth maybe he will be really hurt.”


“Because, if we’re on his shoe, we’ll definitely feel really hurt and couldn’t accept the truth easily. Especially now that you’re already have Yuya as your only son.” Daiki added.


“So, once again, what will you do, Takaki-san? Honestly, I don’t want him has another heartbreak. So, if you don’t know what will you do when the result is positive, better don’t do that if you will hurt him.” Yuto said in a firm tone.


Yuya then looked at Yuto, Daiki, and Keito. He was smiling gladly upon hearing they really concerned about Ryosuke this much. All the occupant fell silence, waiting the answer from Takaki couple.


“It doesn’t matter, isn’t it?” much to everyone surprises, it’s Yuya who said it. He was smiling toward them. “I am really glad Ryosuke has caring and kind best friends like you. I understand your feeling, but he also has the right to know the truth. Being left in the darkness, indeed unpleasant feeling for him, and to know the truth will adding his heartbreak. But, don’t you think that he will be more hurted if he doesn’t know the truth?” Yuya said, and looked at trio Yuto, Daiki and Keito. The high schooler boys silence for awhile before Yuto nodded his head.


“I just want to know, what will you do if the result is positive. That’s it.” Yuto said firmly.


“We will make it up to him.” Mr. Takaki said. “All this time he is suffered enough, so we three will make it up to him.” He added again, while casted a glance toward his wife and Yuya.


“And how if he rejected you?” Keito ask challenging.

“We will always try. Although he rejected us repeatedly, we will always try. He has the right to reject us, and we deserve that, but we couldn’t give up.” Yuya answered, following by a firm nodded from Mrs. Takaki and Mr. Takaki.


“We begged you.” Mrs. Takaki said, and she bowed her head, Mr. Takaki and Yuya also following.


“Onegaishimasu!” The three of them said in unison. Yuto sighed, and he approached the couple and also Yuya, and give a gentle sequezze toward Mr. Takaki’s hand, make Takaki couple and Yuya looked up to him.


“Of course we will give you permission. After hearing your explanation, I am pretty sure that he will be fine in you.” Yuto said while smiling warmly toward the older man.


“Arigatou, Yuto-kun.” Mrs. Takaki said, smiling wider.

***

Yuto looked at Ryosuke’s figure, and wiped the shorter boy’s face with a wet towel. “Ryo-chan, school isn’t fun with you. Daiki, Keito and me felt bored without you. Inoo sensei and Yaotome sensei came yesterday and they brought strawberry for you.” Yuto said while smiling.


“You know, Chinen-kun already got his punishment. He must do social job about his punishment, because he is still underage. Also he receive his punishment from Yaotome sensei. However, the day before, he apologized to me, because he kidnapped me. He said, he regretted it to do such thing. He realized that he just blinded by his madness because you took his position. He also want to apologize to you. So you better wake up soon ne~” Yuto said happily while once again wiped the shorter boy’s face. Yuto then hold Ryosuke’s hand again.


“Please wake up soon, Ryo-chan.” Yuto said. Second later, he felt a little move from Ryosuke’s hand. Yuto widened his eyes, and scanning Ryosuke’s face. “Ryo-chan..?” Yuto ask hesitantly, and again he felt a little movement from Ryosuke. Yuto’s face become brighter at that. “Ryo-chan, if you wake up, please opened your eyes.” Yuto said softly. Then, the taller boy examining Ryosuke’s face again, and in a second Ryosuke’s eyes fluttering open slowly. Yuto smiled widely upon looking at this, and immediately he called the doctor.


“Ryo-chan, I am glad that you’re wake up!” Yuto exclaimed, while Ryosuke looked confuse at his surrounding. “Don’t worry, you’re in hospital, Ryosuke. You will be fine.” Yuto said, and Ryosuke just nodded. Second later, the doctor came and examined the shorter boy.


“How is he, sensei?” Yuto ask worriedly.

“He is fine, but he still really weak now. For now, I suggest for him to rest. After some days, he can be discharged.” The doctor said, and left the room after that.


“The others will be happy to know that you already wake up.” Yuto said.

“Yuto, how long I passed out?” Ryosuke ask weakly.

“It’s been 5 days since the operation done. You really make me worried like hell, Ryosuke. Please don’t do something like that again.” Yuto said while frowning, and Ryosuke replied it with a faint smile.


“I am glad I protect you, Yuto-kun, or else I will be die because worry of you.” Ryosuke said while chuckled lowly. Yuto just smiled at that, and he caressed Ryosuke’s hair lovingly.


“Un, arigatou, Ryo-chan.” Yuto said.

***

It’s been two days since Ryosuke wake up, and Daiki, Keito and Yuto visited him everyday after school. Their parents also visited the shorter boy, and Ryosuke know from Yuto that their parents take a break for a month to be in their sons’ side after the incident. Chinen also visited him one day after he wake up and apologized to him, but the squirrel boy didn’t want to admitted his lost. Ryosuke just smiled when Chinen said that and then those two decided to be a rival from now on. From Yuto’s story, Ryosuke also know that Mrs. Takaki and Mr. Takaki give their blood to Ryosuke when the shorter boy in danger condition. Ryosuke want to thank the couple, but they didn’t visited him yet until now, and that make Ryosuke wondering if they had a tight schedule.


Ryosuke was reading his manga alone in his hospital room, felt bored because he didn’t permitted to go from his bed yet, when suddenly his door room knocked. Ryosuke replied with ‘Hai’, and then revealed Yuto’s figure from the doorway. The taller boy smile widely. “Ryosuke, you have guests.” Yuto said, and he entered the room followed by Mr and Mrs. Takaki. Ryosuke smiled look at his guests.


“Ah, Takaki-san.” Ryosuke said happily and put down his manga. “Please have a sit.” Ryosuke said again, and both Takaki couple found a comfortable sit beside Ryosuke bed, while Yuto just standing beside them.


“How are you feeling now?” Mrs. Takaki ask gently.


“I am fine, Takaki-san. It’s all because of you. Thank you so much for helping me.” Ryosuke said and bowed his head.


“It’s nothing, Ryosuke. We’re glad we help you.” Mr. Takaki said while smiled to the sick boy.

“Anoo..Ryosuke, we have something important to tell to you.” Mrs. Takaki said, and Ryosuke can saw both Takaki couple and Yuto had serious expression in their face. Frowning, Ryosuke then smiled.


“What’s with the serious face?” Ryosuke ask lightly, tried to loosened the tensed atmosphere.

“Ryosuke..” Yuto called, and the brown hair boy faced his friend. “I want you to hear it. This is really important, because it’s about you.” Yuto said again, and because the expression from the taller boy, make Ryosuke suddenly become nervous.


“O-Okay, I will hear it seriously, so go ahead.” He said, and then Yuto take a deep breath.


“I will say it bluntly.” Yuto said seriously, and Ryosuke keep his eyes on Yuto while Takaki couple looked at him without he realized.


“Mr. Takaki and Mrs. Takaki are your real parent.” Yuto said sternly. They feel into silent, and now all eyes were on Ryosuke, precisely, waiting for his respond, which is decided to laugh really hard.


“Haha, your joke was funny Yuto-kun.” Ryosuke tried to stop his laugh, and after some time, he can subsided his laugh, and wiped the tear from the corner of his eyes. “That’s make no sense at all.” Ryosuke added again, and looked up only to saw the still serious expression from both Takaki couple and Yuto.


“Ryosuke..we’re not joking. It’s true, we’re your real parent.” Mrs. Takaki said gently while rubbed his left hand softly. Ryosuke frown, and realization come into him, and he widened his eyes.


“It’s not a joke?” Ryosuke ask softly, and they shook their head. “So, Takaki-san are my parent?” He ask again, and they nodded their head.


“It’s impossible.” Ryosuke said lowly while shook his head. “It’s impossible both of you are my parent. I can’t believe that.” Ryosuke said, confusion can be seen in his face. Takaki Yumi smiled sadly.


“It’s true, Ryosuke. We’re already proof it. You have the same blood type with my husband and mine. At first, we also hesitant, but after we did DNA test and the result is positive, we truly believe that you’re our son, Ryosuke.” Yumi said, and that earned a disbelieving look from Ryosuke.


Ryosuke didn’t know why, but when Mrs. Takaki said that, he felt mixed feelings in his heart. He felt happy to know about his parents, but his happiness just linger for a second and it changed become sadness. His sadness from the pain he must went through all this time, and sadness from the anxiety if he must know about the truth why Takaki couple left him on the orphanage. Without he realize, he hanging his head down, he felt the suffocated feeling in his chest, that made him hard to breath, and because of that suffocation, unconsiously his tears fell from his eyes.


“Ryosuke..?” This time he can hear Yuto’s worried voice. Ryosuke still hanging his head down, until he can felt a soft hand he know belong to Yuto lift his chin gently and make him looked up at the taller boy. Yuto’s face turn to be sad when looked at Ryosuke’s tears.


“Oh, Ryosuke..” Mrs. Takaki said sadly while stretching her arms, tried to hug her son. However, halfway, Ryosuke spat away Yumi’s hand.


“Don’t touch me!” Ryosuke shouted, and Both Takaki Yumi and Takaki Sato taken aback at that. Ryosuke’s now shaken teribly because of crying. Yuto felt his heart clenched when saw Ryosuke’s tears like that, but he couldn’t do nothing. It’s Takaki family’s problem, even he shouldn’t be in here in the first place. The only thing he can do now is hug the shorter boy, trying to comfort him.


They fell silence after that, confuse at how should they faced the chubby boy. Ryosuke’s sob is the only sound echoing in the room, make they’re really hurt to saw someone they loved crying like that.


“Ryosuke..it’s okay..” Yuto whisper softly in Ryosuke’s ear. After some minutes, Ryosuke’s sob decrease and he faced the adults in front of him with accusing eyes.


“Why’d you come back? You’re already throw me away, and I am just a trash and useless to you, so why you make a trouble did DNA test just to make sure I am your son!?” Ryosuke almost shouted if it isn’t for Yuto that rub his back to make him calm down.


Yumi and Sato just looked at their son with sad eyes, let him sending a hate glare on them. The hate glare is bearable for them, but those sad eyes on Ryosuke’s make both the couple also can feel how much Ryosuke’s pain.


“You don’t wanted me! You hate me! You two shouldn’t back to me and just continued for raising your business! I am just unwanted child, and just a burden for you! You betrayed me!” Ryosuke throwing tantrum to the poor couple, still with his tears.


“Ryosuke..” Yuto stopped him with hold his shoulder, make the shorter boy facing him. “Ryosuke, hear me..let them explain, okay?” Yuto ask gently.


“What they want to explain about, Yuto-kun!?” Ryosuke snapped. “There’s nothing to be explain! It’s clear that they hate me, and they don’t want me!” Ryosuke shouted in angry voice.


“ENOUGH!” Yumi shouted, and now all faces turn to her. The woman already crying, and now staring at her son sadly.

“We don’t hate you.” Yumi said softly, but still that didn’t make Ryosuke calm down.

“You hate me! If you don’t hate me, then you won’t throw me in the orphanage!” Ryosuke said again.

“That’s why we want to explain it, Ryosuke.” This time, Takaki Sato said. His eyes also get watery. “Please, give us a chance to explain it, okay?” Sato ask with beggged voice, while Ryosuke just silent.

“Please, Ryosuke. Let us explain. You can reject us, you can hate us, but please, hear us for now, and after that you can judge us.” Yumi also begged.


“Ryosuke..” Yuto called the chubby boy softly, and Ryosuke looked up at him. “Let them explain okay, just for once..” Yuto said gently, and with so much care he caressing Ryosuke’s hair. “You has the right to know the truth Ryosuke.” Yuto said again. The shorter boy staring at Yuto’s pleading eyes, and since it’s Yuto, he couldn’t refuse it. Slowly, he nodded his head and Yuto smiled.


“Takaki-san, now please explain it to Ryosuke.” Yuto said with a firm tone toward the couple. Yumi wiped her tears and she started.


“It’s a long story, Ryosuke. It happened when we’re both still young, we’re in our college year at that time. At that time, Sato and I were going out, and we really love each other. Fortunately our family blessed our relationship. I felt happy about it.” Yumi said with nostalgic tone. “Demo..we make a mistake..” The woman said again, but couldn’t continued her words, so her husband continued it.


“We made mistake, Ryosuke. We made a sin to our family. I made your mother pregnant.” Sato said.


“Then it’s true that I am unwanted child.” Ryosuke replied with sarcarsm. Sato just sighed, and just continued his story.


“For your grandparents, maybe you’re unwanted child, but for me and Yumi, we really happy to have you.” Sato added. Ryosuke looked at him with accusing eyes again.


“If you happy to have me, then you wouldn’t throw me to the orphanage.” The boy said. This time, Yumi sighed. She didn’t blame Ryosuke at all. The boy has the right to react like that.


“Ryosuke, can you just listen it first?” Yumi ask. Ryosuke silence, and Yumi and Sato take that as a ‘yes’ so Sato continued their story.


“Both My parent and Yumi’s parent didn’t agree if you must born into this world. They said, that Yumi and I still have a bright future, and it can be ruined if we must get married in the young age. However, I knew that our parents just felt ashamed of our sin, that’s why they said like that, because let I say, both our family is a powerful family. So, your grandparents just worried about how the society will react when know about our sin. They even planned to do an abortion on Yumi. Because of that I planned to eloped with Yumi, and our senpais, Yuto, Daiki and Keito parents help us. They lend us a small apartment far away from the town so our parents won’t disturbed us, and even get me a job to support our life. We life peacefully for nine months until it’s your time to born in the world.”


“At that time, Sato had a night shift in his workplace, and I must went to the hospital alone.” Yumi continued. “I give birth to you, and that’s make me really happy. I felt in the cloud nine when looked at your innocent face, and felt bunch of happiness when the first thing you did is cuddle on me after give birth to you. However, the worst thing came after that.” Yumi continued, and she take a deep sigh to stable her emotion. “When Sato arrived at the hospital, I want to ask him visit the baby’s room together. But when we arrived there, you’re not there, Ryosuke.” Yumi said. Both Ryosuke and Yuto frown at that.


“What do you mean I am not there?” Ryosuke ask.

“You had been kidnapped Ryosuke.” Came Sato’s answer.

“We knew that it’s our parents doing, so we confronted them when Yumi release from hospital. At that time, I really angry at my own parent. They said it’s for our sake, but it’s just an excuse!” Sato said, almost shouted. Everyone in the room could tell that Sato really angry about that, even until now.

“Our parents said, they will told us where your whereabout with one condition. They want us finish our college, and for me, take the family bussiness, and get married with Yumi.” Sato said again. “If I can lead Takaki’s company into success, then they will told us about you. At first we didn’t agree about it, but our parents threatened us again. If we won’t follow it, they will kill you.” The man said, and Ryosuke widened his eyes hearing that.


“It’s so cruel. How can your parents did that.” Yuto commented, and Yumi just nodded her head. “You’re right Yuto. They are so cruel, and we’re so helpless about it, so we did what they ask.” Yumi said.
“So, we did our best, for our son’s sake until finally I finish my college and got married with Yumi and take the company. After that, we confronted them again to told us about your whereabout. Demo..” Sato couldn’t continued it for awhile. “Demo..the man that they command to kidnapped you and brought you to orphanage died in accident a few while back. He is the only one that know about your whereabout, so we couldn’t track you.”


“At that time we really angry with our parents, Ryosuke.” Yumi added. “We search you for all this time, but we couldn’t find you. When we first met at the mansion, I can felt a strong bond toward you, but I hesitated, because I don’t have a proof that you’re our son. Then, when you’re still unconsious because of the previous incident, accidentally I saw your birth sign on your left palm. When you’re born, I saw it once and remembered it clearly, so I ask Yuto about your birthday, and really sure that you’re our son with an adding that we have a same bloodtype. So, to proof it clearly, we did DNA test, and the result is positive. You’re our son, Ryosuke.” Yumi finished her story.


“We want you to come back to our family, Ryosuke.” Sato added again. The room fell silence again, until a sob can be heard.


“You said it easily like that. I am still unwanted child for your information. I am still a trash.” Ryosuke said with sad tone. Tears flowing again in his chubby cheeks. “Your parents still won’t accept me. Beside, you have Yuya-kun now. He is more suitable as your son than me.” Ryosuke added again.


“Ryosuke, please don’t say that again. You’re not a trash and you’re not unwanted.” Yumi said desperately. “You..”


“SHUT UP!” Ryosuke shouted, cut the woman’s words. “YOU DON’T KNOW ANYTHING!” The boy shouted again, and Yuto tried to calm down him. They fell into silence again, and Ryosuke’s tears still flowing endlessly.


“I lived with that labeled for this 17 years since I can remembered. You don’t understand what I feel all this time! You don’t understand how hurt I am. Being labeled as a trash by my school mate since I little kid because my own parent throw me, also my foster parent didn’t want me. Even I must restrain myself to befriend with Yuto-kun because my level isn’t the same as him. Got bullied because I am just a poor boy, got the harsh and cruel words from my boss because there’s nobody will cover for me. You don’t understand the suffering I must through all this time, and now you said I must back to your family!?” Ryosuke rant. Both the couple and Yuto just listened to the boy’s rant.


“If you really love me, then you should work really hard to find me, to confronted your parents. Demo, you did nothing and just obey them. You lived happily even adopted a son, without know that I must suffer like that! If you really want me and love me, you should work harder to it. Why you come back to me now?” Ryosuke said between his cries.


“Believe us, Ryosuke, we really tried harder to find you.” Sato said, now he is crying too.


“You’re not..” Ryosuke cutted it. “If you really tried harder for it, I won’t waiting for you that long.” The boy said, earning a confuse look on them.


“As you know, I believe it that someday my parent will come to me, pick me up and brought me to their home. That’s my motivation to go through the hard of life. I really believe it, but I wait too long until my faith on them slowly faded, and now you come, and easily to ask me to come back to the family..I don’t know it..It felt so hurt to me..” Ryosuke said in his sob. Yumi and Sato just looked at their son sadly. They indeed realize they didn’t tried really hard to find Ryosuke, and make the boy wait for too long.


“Ryosuke..” Yuto said softly and tightened his hug on Ryosuke’s shoulder.


“Ryosuke dear..” Yumi called him. “I know it’s our fault. You has the right to blame us, we really sorry for it. But, we want to start it over again. Start it as the real family this time. We know it’s need time for you to accept all of this, but we will wait for it.” Yumi said gently while approached her son, and tried to hug him. Yuto release his hand on Ryosuke and give the time to his parent. Yumi hug her son, she expected the boy will struggle in her embrace, but when the woman felt that Ryosuke’s body fell limp in her embrace and shaking teribly because of the crying, Yumi tightened her hug.


“We’re really sorry, Ryosuke. We will make it up to you.” Sato said and also hug his son. They’re crying together, and Yuto just smiled at the sight. At least, the taller boy know that Ryosuke will be fine from now on. Yuto decided to leave the room and give the time to both parent and son.


After thirty minutes crying, Yumi can feel that Ryosuke’s body stop shaking. When she looked up, she saw her son crying until fell asleep. Then, together with Sato, they laid the boy on the bed again and tucked the blanket on him. Yumi caressed his cheek, tried to wiped the remained tears, and the boy snuggled at her touch. Yumi just smiled at that.


“We will make it up to you.” Sato said, also caressing his son’s cheek.

“We will definitely make you happy.” Yumi added and kissing Ryosuke’s forehead. “Rest well, Ryosuke.” Yumi said, and after that, the couple left the room.

***

It’s been two weeks after Ryosuke been told about his real parent, and discharged from hospital. Takaki couple must do some coaxing after Ryosuke finally agree to come back to his family, become The Takakis. At the first, Ryosuke afraid that his grandparents won’t accept him, but it’s turn out to be wrong. Actually his grandparents really regret it to do such thing to Ryosuke when he was baby, so now they want to make it up. Ryosuke glad that he can be accepted but he didn’t expect that he will be spoiled by his family this much.


Ryosuke sit on the bench in Yuto, Daiki and Keito mansion. After some consideration, Ryosuke come back to the mansion. His parents must be overseas for the sake of Takaki company after all, but his mother and father promise him that they will come back to Japan at least twice a month. Actually his grandparents want him to lived with them, but because they lived in their hometown and it’s really far from his school, so his grandparents agreed that Ryosuke must come back to the mansion. Yuya too, decided to live in the mansion as well. The brunette guy decided to live in Japan and continued his college in Japan too. Yuya said that he want to be closer with his brother, and although Ryosuke felt awkward at first, but he’s trying really hard to become more comfortable beside Yuya.

Ryosuke enjoyed the flowers that arranged neatly in front of him, when his phone ringing. When looked at the caller ID, he smiled. “Moshi-moshi, okaa-san?” Ryosuke said, and then the caller talk while Ryosuke listening seriously. “Party? It’s that needed?” Ryosuke ask, and then listening again. “Okay, fine then.” Ryosuke said, and after some time the line cut and Ryosuke put the phone in his pocket again. Ryosuke sigh deeply and he suddenly jolted in his seat when felt something cold in his left cheek. When he turn his head, he found Yuya pressed a strawberry juice can in his cheek. “Nii-chan! You make me startled!” Ryosuke said and Yuya just grinning.

“Why you’re sigh so deeply like that? Is something bothering you?” Yuya ask while offered the can to Ryosuke and the younger boy just accept it. Ryosuke sigh again. “It’s just I felt annoyed at how Kaa-san and Tou-san really do unneeded thing for me. Earlier Kaa-san said that they want to hold a party to introduce me to their friends and bussiness partner. I think it’s just a useless.” Ryosuke said. Yuya chuckled at that, and he ruffled Ryosuke’s hair.

“You must get used to it. They promised to you deshou? They will make it up to you? So, don’t be shocked that they will do anything that we considered impossible to make you happy both emotionally and physically. I said this based on my own experience, when I got adopted by them, even in their busy schedule, they still can make me happy with surprises and such. They’re really a caring parent, we’re both lucky to have them.” Yuya explain calmly. Ryosuke looked at the older boy, and nodded. Suddenly, one question that he wanted to ask the older hit his mind, then he looked at Yuya hesitantly.

“Anoo, Yuya nii-chan..” Ryosuke called, and Yuya looked at him, want he continued. “I want to ask something, but please don’t mad ne~” Ryosuke said, and Yuya just nodded.


“You know, why you really support Kaa-san and Too-san to find me? Even you’re the one that suggest them to do DNA test. There’s a possibility that they won’t love you again when find me deshou? You should hate me instead.” Ryosuke ask with his curious eyes. He really wondered it after all, Yuya is so caring and kind toward him, really like his own brother. Yuya just chuckled at that. “You’re really cute, Ryosuke.” Yuya said, and Ryosuke just rolled his eyes.


“I don’t hate you Ryosuke. I really love you.” Yuya said, and Ryosuke listen carefully. “Maybe there’s a possibility like that, but I believe in our parent, they won’t do such thing, they won’t kicked me, because I know they love me like their own child. Actually, when my real parent got the accident that took their life, my mother in her eight month pregnancy for my little brother.” Yuya continued, and this time Ryosuke looked shocked.


“What happen?” Ryosuke ask carefully

"My little brother’s life couldn’t be saved. I was really sad back then, because even my little brother left me. That’s why, when our parent told me about you, I really excited and promised them that I also want to help them. You’re like my own little brother’s presence that I never had. That’s why, I really love you.” Yuya said while smiling, and make Ryosuke embarrassed because of that.


“Awww, You’re soo cute~” Yuya squeal when looked at Ryosuke’s red cheeks. Ryosuke rolled
his eyes, but he keep quiet.


“If you say so, then..from now on, Nii-chan, yoroshiku!” Ryosuke said suddenly. Yuya a bit taken aback, but he ruffled Ryosuke’s hair with so much affectionate. “Un, Yoroshiku.” Yuya replied.


“Anyway, what time you will go to hospital?” Yuya said again. Ryosuke must go to hospital for his check up schedule.


“Two hours again.” Ryosuke replied casually, and Yuya nodded. “Can I come with you?” The older boy ask again, but Ryosuke shook his head. “Nope, nii-chan. Yuto-kun will accompany me, and I want to spend my time with him.” Ryosuke said while grinning, make Yuya pouted. Ryosuke chuckled at his brother’s childish behavior.


“I will go out with you the other time nii-chan, so don’t sulking like that.” Ryosuke patted Yuya’s shoulder.


“Promise?” Yuya ask.
“Promise~” replied Ryosuke


***


“Ryosuke, what the doctor said?” Yuto ask when Ryosuke came out from the doctor’s room. Ryosuke then sit beside the taller boy.


“He said I am fine. If nothing bad happened, my bandage can be off on 5 days.” Ryosuke said, and Yuto sighed in relieve. “So, what your plan for today?” Yuto ask again to the shorter boy.


Ryosuke looked thoughtful and smiling after that and then turn his head toward Yuto.


“Ne, Yuto-kun, do you have a schedule today?” Ryosuke ask cutely, while throwing his puppy eyes attack toward Yuto. Actually the taller boy want to answer ‘yes’ but when he looked at Ryosuke, he couldn’t resist the shorter boy cuteness.


“No..” Yuto answer instead.
“Saa~ what if we go to this certain place, that I know you will like it?” Ryosuke ask.


“Hmm..where?” Yuto ask curious, but Ryosuke remained silent and just dragged the taller boy while grinning happily.


“It’s secret Yuto-kun. I know that you will like it.” Ryosuke said and he walks toward their car while the taller boy following behind.

***

“Don’t open your eyes yet Yuto-kun!” Ryosuke said when Yuto tried to peek. They already arrive at the place Ryosuke mention earlier, and when they arrive, Ryosuke immediately told Yuto to close his eyes.

“Mou~ Ryosuke..I already curious now.” Yuto protest while tried to walk under Ryosuke’s command. He can felt the shorter boy guided him toward a bench and told him to sit there.

“Now, you can open your eyes.” Ryosuke said happily, and the taller nodded then opened his eyes slowly. When Yuto saw his surrounding, he widened his eyes at the familiar place he saw.

“Ryosuke..this is..” Yuto trailed off.

“Yes, Yuu-chan. This is the place where we met the first time. Do you still remember it?”

“Of course I remembered it Ryo-chan..” Yuto said while saw the shorter boy sit beside him. “It’s impossible I forget this place, because a lot of my precious memory about you started here.” Yuto said sincerely, while inhaled the air in the park. Ryosuke just stared at the taller boy, and he did the same thing.

They just silence, enjoying the calm atmosphere there while remembered about the old days when they still a little innocent kid. Yuto just enjoyed the silent between them. When he turned his head, he can saw the shorter boy closed his eyes and smiled peacefully. Yuto felt contented just saw that smile from the shorter.

“Ne, Yuto-kun~” Ryosuke called softly.
“Hmm..?”
“You know, I’ve decided that now I will have confident in myself.” Ryosuke said. Yuto just silent, give the sign to Ryosuke to continue.

“I realized that my thought when I was still kid is useless. Furthermore, it’s make both of us hurt. I thought if I far away from you then I won’t be a burden to you, that’s why at that time I decided to cut our friendship. Demo it’s really hurt for me, and I know by doing that I make you hurt too. So, now I won’t do that. I will be always your best friend. Although If I am still a poor kid, I don’t care anymore, because I want protect you with my own way.” Ryosuke said, while still had his eyes closed.

Yuto chuckled lowly heard that, and he pulled Ryosuke so the shorter boy faced him now. “I am glad that finally you decided that Ryo-chan, although since the first time I knew you, I never felt that you’re a burden. Instead you’re a really precious friend to me, and actually you already protect me in your own way.” Yuto said.

“Hmm..what do you mean I already protect you?” Ryosuke ask.

“When we’re little, you saved me with your presence. At that time, I always felt lonely because my parents rare at home. Just with your presence, you already saved me. Furthermore, you also advice me to had a properly talk with my parent, and when I had, they finally understand what I felt. Also, you protect me from the shot, although I don’t want you to do that again, endanger your life for me. You’re my hero, Ryosuke.” Yuto said while smiling. Ryosuke blushed at that, and Yuto pinch his chubby cheeks.

“Mou~ Yuto-kun, stopped pinch my cheeks.” Ryosuke pouted.
“Ahahaha..but you’re really cute Ryosuke.” Yuto laughed.

“Maa~ my point is, you’re already protect me even you didn’t realize it.” Yuto said after he stopped his laugh. Ryosuke just nodded.

“Demo~ I still want fulfilling our promise to be a better person. I don’t have intention to stop it.” Ryosuke said again, this time with determination in his eyes.

“I also don’t have intention to stop it Ryosuke.” Yuto said again. They become silent again for minutes, before Yuto started to talk.

“So Ryosuke, now you don’t feel that there’s still a gap between us, deshou?” Yuto ask calmly. Ryosuke silent, and the taller boy just wait the answer.

“Since the start, there’s no gap between us Yuto-kun.” Ryosuke said, and give his best smile to the taller boy, and Yuto felt really blessed to have Ryosuke beside him.

“That’s my Ryo-chan!” Yuto said happily and hug the shorter. Ryosuke just chuckled and hug Yuto back.

Yes, since they first met, since the start, actually there’s no gap between them. Although one of them cut their ties, they will be together at the end, because their bond is so strong toward each other.

***


OWARI
Comment are appreciate as always :D

Finish! all chapter posted on 9th May 2014..anyway, happy 21th my dearest ichiban Yamada Ryosuke! Keep shining and handsome, and keep your big love for your family, fans, and JUMP members always ^_^