Chapter 4

THE GAP BETWEEN US

Daiki and Keito were observing Yuto that walk back and forth in his room. He looked so confuse, and Daiki and Keito can just looking at him sadly. After tired for doing so, finally Yuto sit down and facing his best friends.

“So, Ryosuke is Ryo-chan?” Daiki ask, and Yuto nodded.

“So, you know it after you look at the thing that Ryosuke take in his old house, and apparently that is the necklace as same as you?” Keito ask, and again Yuto nodded.

“So, you ignored his request and still opened that box and find the necklace?” Daiki ask, and once again Yuto nodded.

“But, that’s not the point Dai-chan. The point is, how can I tell him that I am Yuu-chan?” Yuto said while rolling his eyes.

“You know Yuto, you’re look like a love struck girl that want to confess to her crush.” Keito said while chuckled. Yuto look annoyed at his friends.

“Talking with you not help me at all.” Yuto sighed and make Daiki and Keito laughed.
“Just tell him the truth that you’re his Yuu-chan. He will be happy to finally find you. It’s just as simple like that.” Keito commented.

“Demo~ It’s not simple like that, Keito. What if he feels that himself doesn’t deserve as my friend and runaway again? I don’t want him far away again from me.” Yuto said.

“Just tell him the truth, Yuto. Reassured him, that he doesn’t need to far away from you. It’s depends on your way to tell him the truth.” Daiki said wisely, and Yuto just could nodded.

“I will think about that again.” Yuto said softly.

***

“So, maybe we will back on your holiday.” Mrs. Nakajima said to his son Yuto, and Mr. Nakajima patted Yuto’s shoulder. Yuto nodded and hugged his father and mother. Both Daiki’s and Keito’s parents also hug their son. Ryosuke just smiled at that. Second later, he feels warm embrace engulfing him, make him a bit startled.

“Take care ne~ Ryosuke-kun.” Mrs. Takaki said, and Ryosuke a bit taken aback by that. “Next time, I will bring my husband too.” She added again. Then one by one, Yuto’s, Daiki’s and Keito’s mother also hug him.

“Please enjoy your stay here ne~ Ryosuke-kun.” Keito’s mother said to him.
“And take care of our sons as well.” Daiki’s mother added.

Ryosuke just smile at that, and he nodded his head then bowed toward those adults. “Jaa, we will take our leave.” Yuto’s father said and one by one those adults entered the car. Yuto, Keito and Daiki waved their hands toward the car until that car disappeared in the corner of the street.

“You three are so lucky na~” Ryosuke said when the three of them back to the living room. “You have caring parents.” He added again.

“You also can consider our parents as your parents too, Ryo-chan.” Yuto said while smiling and looked at his shorter friend. However, Yuto frown when he saw Ryosuke’s expression. Ryosuke’s widened his eyes, and he looked at Yuto with shocked expression.

“Ryosuke, what happen?” Daiki ask concernedly, and that make Ryosuke compose himself and he looked at Yuto with serious face.

“Yuto-kun, what did you call me earlier?” Ryosuke ask with low and deep voice. Realizing the meaning of Ryosuke’s question, this time Yuto also widened his eyes, remembered what did he call the shorter boy earlier. He didn’t realize that he called the shorter boy with ‘Ryo-chan’ earlier.

“Ah, I called you ‘Ryosuke’?” Yuto trying to act innocent, but Ryosuke didn’t believe it.

“I heard you clear, Yuto-kun. You called me with ‘Ryo-chan’. Why you suddenly called me like that? There’s no one know about that nickname except for one person.” Ryosuke retorted.

“I just..I just want..I just want to called you like that Ryosuke..it’s more cuter after all..” Yuto said hesitantly while scratched his not itchy hair.

“Lie.” Ryosuke replied coldly. “If that’s your reason, then why you looked shocked when I ask you that. Also, you were stuttered when you said your reason. You’re lie Yuto-kun.” Once again Ryosuke said with cold tone. He’s staring at Yuto with his sharp eyes, and Yuto looked uncomfortable because of that. They come into silence for a while.

“He is your Yuu-chan.” Keito said suddenly, breaking the silence. When heard that, Ryosuke’s head turn immediately toward Keito’s direction.

“KEITO!” Yuto shouted, with a warning tone toward his best friend. Ryosuke ignored that, and he still looked at Keito.

“What do you mean by that, Keito?” Ryosuke ask curiously.

“Like I said earlier, Ryosuke. He is your childhood friends, that usually you called ‘Yuu-chan’.” Keito said calmly, earning a wide eyes from Ryosuke and an angry glare from Yuto. Ryosuke still shocked hearing that, but after some minutes he managed to composed himself.

“Is that true, Yuto-kun?” Ryosuke ask again, still with his cold tone, and Yuto nodded. “Then, why you know that I am ‘Ryo-chan’?” He ask again.

“Apparently he found your necklace that same as him in your room. It’s a proof that you’re ‘Ryo-chan’, his childhood friend.” Daiki answer, and Ryosuke looked at the boy with sharp gaze.

“I want to hear it from Yuto-kun’s mouth, not an explanation from you two.” He said coldly and Daiki and Keito remained silent.

“Yuto-kun, please explain it to me, now. What’s the meaning of this?” Ryosuke said firmly. Yuto sighed and he’s also facing the shorter boy seriously and started to explain his explanation.

“Like Keito said, I am ‘Yuu-chan’. Ryosuke, at first I didn’t know that you’re Ryo-chan. When we met at school at that time, I didn’t know at all. It’s already ten years, and I didn’t remembered your face and didn’t know your real name. When we met, I have an urge to protect you, I felt the strange feeling that you’re an important person to me, that’s why I want to protect you from those bullies, from your step father also from the harsh of life. I manage to convinced Keito, Daiki and our parents to make you in our custody. Few days ago, when I entered your room, I found a box and when I saw the content, I found your necklace, exactly same as me. I know that ‘Ryo-chan’ also have the same necklace as me when he gave me the present ten years ago. That’s why I know immediately that you’re ‘Ryo-chan’.” Yuto said and looked at Ryosuke’s eyes deeply.

“I am happy that you still keep our promise, Ryosuke. Because I also still keep our promise.” Yuto added with warm smile in his lips. Ryosuke looked at him with sad eyes, and then he sighed.

“Arigatou for telling me the truth, Yuto-kun.” Ryosuke said and want to walk back to his room, but Yuto hold his wrist.

“Ryosuke, do you angry at me?” Yuto ask with furrowed eyebrows. Ryosuke take Yuto’s hand from his wrist, and smile sadly.

“Please, leave me alone for now.” He said softly and going upstair, to his room. Yuto looked at Ryosuke’s retreated figure with longing look in his eyes.

“Ryo-chan..what happen?” Yuto ask sadly. He doesn’t know why, but Ryosuke’s eyes earlier showed him how much the shorter boy in pain and sadness.

“At least, now he knows the truth. It’s better now, or he will know it from other people, and he will more hurted than now.” Keito said wisely and tapped Yuto’s shoulder.

***

Daiki knocked softly at the door in front of him, and when he heard the soft ‘Hai’ from inside, he opened the door. He showed his head from the doorway and smiled looked at the figure that staring at the sky outside from the window. “Ryosuke, can I come in?” Daiki ask, and the figure now facing him.

“Ah, Daiki. Hai, please come in.” Ryosuke said while showed his cute smile. Daiki entered the room and sit on the couch beside Ryosuke.

“I don’t know that you like staring at the sky.” Daiki commented, and Ryosuke smile without facing the older boy.

“I like it since I was child. When I looked at it, I feel at ease, as all my problems soothed away. By looking at the sky, I feel there’s no gap between me and other people, because I saw the same sky as them.” Ryosuke said, still staring at the sky. Daiki just smiled at his answer.

“Ryosuke, why you avoiding Yuto?” Daiki ask suddenly. It’s true after all. After the day when Ryosuke knew that Yuto is Yuu-chan, Ryosuke had been avoiding the taller boy since that. It’s been a week Ryosuke do it, and it make Yuto really sad, moreover, it make Keito and Daiki irritated too. Looking at Ryosuke’s expression that still calm, Daiki continued.

“I know, it’s not Keito and my bussiness. Demo~ Yuto also our best friend, so it’s sad saw him sad.” Daiki said again, and Ryosuke still silent. “That’s doesn’t mean we blame you, Ryosuke. We know that you also have your own reason.” Daiki added.

Ryosuke sighed before he facing Daiki completely. “Sorry. I didn’t mean to do it.” Ryosuke said, and Daiki smiled. “I Just confused, Daiki. I don’t know how I must facing him.”

“Why?” Daiki ask.

“I don’t deserve as his friend, Daiki. I am just a nuisance to him and all of you. I promised him that I will be a better person, so I deserved as his friend. But, now, I can’t fulfill it because still, I just a dependent boy and even couldn’t support myself, even he helps me to free from my step father and those bullies. I am still don’t deserve him, because at the end, I couldn’t protect him and just added his burden.” Ryosuke explain.

“That’s just a silly reason, Ryosuke. Never in our mind, especially Yuto’s mind, that you’re a burden or nuisance to us, Ryosuke. So it’s just a silly reason.” Daiki commented.

“You don’t understand, Daiki. I am just a poor boy, I am different with you. Although I am a poor boy, but I still have my pride. I don’t want to befriend with Yuto, you and Keito, while you three always help me. I also want to help you and protect you with my own power and be someone that Yuto can rely on. That’s why I make that promise to him. I knew instantly at that time when I made that promise. I will be just a burden for him if I continued to be in his side, it’s impossible indeed for a 7 years old boy to have something like that in mind, but the harsh of life make me didn’t have even a single friend, so when I have someone important like Yuto, I want to protect him. I just can’t always rely on him, but I want him to rely on me too. That’s why I must be a better person for him. However now, I meet him again when I am still a dependent boy. It’s make me ashamed with myself.” The younger boy explain.

Daiki smiled sadly, and he patted Ryosuke’s shoulder. “Think about it again, Ryosuke. Just remember, we also love you as our precious friend. We never feel you as nuisance or burden to us. Moreover for Yuto.” Daiki said, and he stand up. After give Ryosuke last pat on head, Daiki left the room.

“I know it, Daiki. But still the gap between us is too big..” Ryosuke said softly after the older boy completely left the room.

***

It’s just a fine afternoon when Ryosuke read a book in the family room while Daiki munching his pocky and watched the TV and Keito is busy with his phone. Yuto isn’t there, after the school time ended, he still have his activity at basketball club. It’s been almost ten days include today that Ryosuke avoiding the taller boy. That’s why when Yuto’s isn’t around like now, he’s braving himself in the family room, because if Yuto’s around, Ryosuke will just stay in his own room. For some reason, Ryosuke also knows that since that day, Yuto busying himself in club activity. It seems Yuto let Ryosuke to have some more time to thinking about their relationship.

Some minutes later, Ryosuke heard the sound of the car being parked in the garage. It’s seems Kota already arrived from pick up his young master. Ryosuke then packed his book and stand up, ready to come back to his room, so he doesn’t need meet with Yuto. “You will back now?” Keito ask, and when he saw Ryosuke nodded, he just sighed. Ryosuke’s already on the edge of the top of the stairs when he saw Kota entered family room just by himself. Ryosuke frown, because there’s no Yuto’s figure behind Kota like usually.

“Daiki-sama, Keito-sama, this is bad.” Yabu said, and hearing Kota’s tone not only Keito and Daiki, but also Ryosuke frowning.

“What happen, Yabu-san?” Keito ask, trying to calm down the older man.

“I couldn’t find Yuto-sama in the school. I had search him everywhere in school building but still I couldn’t find him. When I ask one of his friend in basketball club, he said that Yuto-sama already back home, but I found his bag in the gym.” Kota said worriedly. Hearing that, Ryosuke going down again and he is facing the older butler.

“Have you searched everywhere, Yabu-san?” Ryosuke ask concernedly and Yabu nodded.

“Yes, Ryosuke-sama, but still I couldn’t find him. I tried to call his phone, but he doesn’t pick it up, and when I tried to call him again, his phone is off.” Yabu said again.

“Maybe he just stroll around and forget about time.” Daiki reasoned out, trying to have positive thinking, Keito and Yabu tried to thinking about that, but Ryosuke looked thoughtful.

“Maybe he is in danger.” Ryosuke said after some minutes of silence, and that make Daiki, Keito and Yabu shocked.

“Why you said that, Ryosuke?” Daiki ask.

“Since you three protect me from those bullies, a lot of them started to hate you three. I am pretty sure one of them, have a grugde to you, and started to take revenge.” Ryosuke explained.

“I will call the police.” Yabu said and take his phone.

“We can’t, Yabu-san. The missing person report will be accepted by the police if the person missing in 24 hours already, so now we can’t make the report.” Keito said rationally.

“So, what will we do?” Yabu ask desperately.

“We will search for him for now. I hope nothing bad happen to him.” Ryosuke decided, and Keito and Daiki nodded.

“Yabu-san, you stay here, in case Yuto come back home. Inform us if he is back.” Daiki said, and Yabu nodded. Then, Ryosuke, Daiki and Keito left the house.

“Yuto-kun, please be safe..” Ryosuke said worriedly.

***

Ryosuke’s running around the street. He passed this street earlier, so he decided to turn around and search in the other street. The sky was getting dark, and Ryosuke become more worried. While gazing his eyes around, he typed Yuto’s number again, and got dissapointed when he got mailbox.

Ryosuke keep searching while exchanging messages with Daiki and Keito, but those other two also doesn’t find Yuto yet. Ryosuke then thought about one place that he doesn’t search yet, but it’s too far from his place now, but still he keeps his steps toward the train station to that place.

After he arrived to his destination, he walks toward a certain park that he remembered very well. He arrived when the sky already dark. It’s already 8 pm. He glances at the bench that usually he used to sit with Yuto when they were 7 years old. Ryosuke then search around, but still he doesn’t found the taller boy yet. The chubby boy then decided to sit for a while in the bench, rested his tired legs and body.

“Yuto-kun..” Ryosuke mumbled. “How I wish that you’re here, want to remember about our memories. But, you’re not here. Where are you, Yuto-kun?” He said to himself. Then he trying to call the taller boy again, but still got no answer.

“Yuu-chan..” Ryosuke mumbled again, almost teary eyed. He can’t help it, he feel worried like hell. He decided to stay at the bench for a moment, while staring at the river in front of him. “You must be safe, Yuto-kun.” Ryosuke said again, and he stand up to continued his searching.

Right when he started to walk, his phone ringing. Hope that’s from Yuto, he’s dissapointed find that’s from Keito.

“Keito, do you find Yuto?” Ryosuke ask impatiently. Ryosuke then heard the replied, and after Keito talks, he widened his eyes. “Okay, I’ll be right there.” He said, and cut the call. Ryosuke run with all his might toward train station to go back to the mansion.

“Ryosuke, Yuto is kidnapped. The kidnapper call us earlier, and said for now Yuto is safe. I can’t explain the whole story in the phone, so please come back here quickly.”

“Yuto, please..please, be safe.” Ryosuke mumbled while wiped his tear when remembered about Keito’s word earlier.

***

“The kidnapper said he wants to take revenge. He said his name is Chinen Yuri.” Daiki said to the chubby boy in front of him, and that succeess make Ryosuke’s eyes widened. “Chinen Yuri?” Ryosuke ask again, and Daiki nodded.

“Do you know him?” Keito ask, and Ryosuke nodded.

“He is one of those bullies that really hate me. He hates me because I am always take his position on the first rank. Since he was child, he was famous to be always number one, but in the entrance exam and the yearly exam, I always defeated him. That’s why he bullies me almost everyday.” Ryosuke told them.

“That Chinen guy said, that he will let Yuto go if you come to the place he mentioned.” Daiki said.

“Where is it? I’ll be right there now.” Ryosuke replied firmly, and ready to go, but Keito hold his wrist.

“Calm down, Ryosuke. Don’t be so reckless. We already call the police also private detective. You can’t go there alone, we don’t want something bad happen to you.” The tallest boy said.

“WHAT!? Why I must wait? What if he does something bad to Yuto? And we late already?” Ryosuke said impatient, but still Keito shook his head.

“Listen to me first. Chinen doesn’t mention the place yet, it’s seems he wants us waiting in worried feeling. He will mentioned it after a few moments that we also don’t know when.” Keito explained, and then Ryosuke crouched down back in sofa. “It’s advantage for us, because while he ask us to wait, we will track him. It’s fortunate Yuto wear his wristwatch, because there is a tracker in it. Kota already talk about it to the police and now they’re prepared it. Yabu-san will inform us if the preparation is ready.” Keito said again, and Ryosuke just nodded.

“Yuto’s parents already infrormed and they will arrived tomorrow. My parents also Keito’s parents come back too, also Takaki couple.” Daiki added.

Ryosuke nodded weakly, and he facing his two friends. “Why Mrs. and Mr. Takaki also come here?” Ryosuke ask.

“It’s because Takaki corporation have a relationship with Chinen family’s bussiness. They will try to talk with Chinen’s parent about their son, in hope with his parent’s words Chinen Yuri will stop his action now.” Keito answered. Ryosuke just nodded at that.

“Yuto-kun..” Ryosuke mumbled weakly while closed his eyes.

***

“What do you want Chinen-kun? Why you do this to me?” Yuto shouted toward the shorter boy in front of him. His hands and legs already tied by a tight rope, so he just watched how the shorter boy smirk evily. Yuto really want to punch that smiling face.

“Because I want to take revenge on Yamada. He was dare to take my position from being the number one, and makes my parents mad at me.” Chinen said evily and Yuto rolled his eyes.

“That’s silly. Ryosuke take your position because he did his very best! If you want to be number one, you must do your best, and not lazying around, so no one can’t take your position!” The taller boy shouted again, and that earning him a hard punch from Chinen in his face. Yuto didn’t expect it, although Chinen had small body, but he has a strong power and punch.

“Who said I am lazying around!? I did my very best, but still that poor boy can take my position! It’s makes me mad.” Chinen said. Yuto just smirk hearing that.

“Huh, maybe you’re not good compare to him.” Yuto said, and once again Chinen give him a punch.

“Don’t you dare to say like that.” Chinen said coldly, and he smirks once again. “As you know, Nakajima-kun, I won’t hurt you. You’re a person that is in same level in me, so I won’t hurt you. I just use you as a bait, to attract that trash, Yamada.” Chinen said, with his mocking tone. Yuto feel angrier, he doesn’t like it when someone mocking Ryosuke and said that he is a trash.

“Stop saying that! He is not a trash! You’re a crazy boy!” Yuto shouted, and Chinen just waved his hand lazily.

“Whatever you say, he is still a trash. With his own parents throw him like that, he is suited to be labeled as trash.” Chinen retoreted while laughing mockingly.

“STOP IT!”

Chinen can heard someone shouted, but it’s not coming from Yuto’s mouth. It’s from someone else. Chinen and his men, also Yuto turn their heads, and found someone on the door, and the light block his figure to their view.

“Please, stop it, Chinen-kun.” That figure said, walks toward them and slowly revealed Ryosuke’s figure. Chinen smiled happily that finally Ryosuke come to his old building, eventhough he doesn’t expect it to be this fast. Even Chinen doesn’t give the information about this building yet, so the little boy also wondering why Ryosuke knows about this place.

“Wow, Wow. So, despite your poorness, you can find this place, Yamada.” Chinen said.

“It’s because in Yuto’s wristwatch there’s a tracker, that’s why we can find your location even before you tell us.” Ryosuke said calmly. “Surrender yourself, Chinen. The police already surounding this place. Your parents also waiting outside. They couldn’t believe it that their son will be do something criminal like this.” Again, the brown hair boy said. At the mention of the police, Chinen’s men widened their eyes. Chinen also looked shocked when Ryosuke mention his parents. Chinen clicked his tongue, feels really mad, then he’s facing his men.

“Don’t be so scared. I already paid you high!” He said, but those men looked hesitant. Indeed they’re paid, but it’s not in their expectation this will include police. They thought this is just a high schooler bullying game.

“Get him. Now!” Chinen command his men, and one by one that man rush toward Ryosuke and attack him, and Ryosuke managed to dodge it although he receive some punches.

“Ryosuke! Run from here! It’s dangerous!” Yuto shouted, but Ryosuke just smiled at the taller boy. Seconds later, the door opened again, and it revealed some figures that hold a gun.

“Surrender yourself!” One of the figure shouted, and one by one Chinen’s men stopped their attack. The police give them warning, and one by one they surrender themself. Realized that he’s lost, Chinen then untied Yuto’s legs, and dragged the taller boy to the corner of the room. Again, Yuto wondered why Chinen can be so strong to drag himself away, although he is taller than Chinen, but after some thinking it’s maybe because his legs and body are going numb because it tied too long. Yuto come back to his reverie when Chinen dragged him again, make him winced in pain.

“If all of you do something, I will hurt him!” Chinen shouted, and that makes Ryosuke and the police realize that Yuto’s being threatened by a gun from Chinen’s hand.

“I dont joke around! This is a real gun!” Chinen shouted again, and Ryosuke look at Yuto woriedly. “Down your gun!” Chinen shouted to the police, and they obeyed, because it’s Yuto’s safety is prioritized now. Seconds later, the door opened again and revealed Chinen’s parents, Yuto’s parents, Keito also Daiki. Chinen’s parents widened their eyes when looked at their son.

“Dear Yuri, please stop this!” Mrs. Chinen shouted, trying to hold her tears.

“No! I don’t want to! You’re the one that said to me, I can do everything to get my position back. Now, I do it!” Chinen shouted to his parents, still the gun on Yuto’s temple.

“No dear, it’s not something like this we mean. Please stop this. We won’t nagging you again about being the number one.” Chinen’s father said with a sad tone.

“You hear them, Chinen. Please, let Yuto go.” Ryosuke said desperately. Chinen looked at them, and casted a glance toward his parents. Chinen’s parents already begging him. “Please, Chinen-kun. You have a grudge toward me, so please let Yuto go.” Once again Ryosuke beg him.

“Father, mother, do you promise won’t nagged me again about being the number one?” Chinen said to his parents, and they nodded. Then Chinen sighed. “Alright then, I will let Nakajima go.” Chinen said, and all the ocupants smile in relieved.

Chinen then let Yuto go, but still arched the gun toward Yuto’s direction. “Don’t dare to come near me.” He shouted to the police and the others, and he pushed Yuto’s back. “Now, walks toward them, and don’t turn back.” Chinen said to Yuto, and Yuto just nodded his head. Then, slowly Yuto walks toward Ryosuke’s direction.

However, it’s just a few steps toward Ryosuke’s direction, Ryosuke can saw how Chinen’s face smiled dangerously. “I won’t forgive you easily Yamada!” Chinen said, and second later, Ryosuke can saw a bullet rush toward Yuto’s direction. Ryosuke widened his eyes, and he also rushing toward the taller boy’s direction.

DOOR!


“YUTO!” Some people shouted Yuto’s name


DOOR! Once again, a shot can be heard, and Ryosuke saw Chinen fell on the ground while hold his left legs. It’s seems the police give him a shot on the legs. Then the police are rushing toward him and knocked him down.

Ryosuke then heard a groan below him and he looked up only to see Yuto in pain because fell with him earlier. “Yuto, are you okay?” Ryosuke said while help Yuto to sit up, Yuto nodded and Ryosuke smiled in relieved. Yuto’s parents rush toward Yuto’s direction and hug their son tightly. Keito and Daiki also following and hug Yuto.

“I am relieved that you two alright.” Keito said, and Yuto smiled. But, then Yuto frown when he looked at Ryosuke.

“Ryosuke, your clothes..” Yuto said, and now all faces turn to Ryosuke’s direction. Because Ryosuke’s coat too thick, so no one realized that it changed into different color and the color seems grow wider. Ryosuke also looked at Yuto eyes’ direction, and found out his coat already wet in his left chest.

When Ryosuke opened his coat, he found a bullet in his left chest, and all faces shocked. “Ryosuke! You got the shot!” Daiki said in panic while trying to stop the bleeding. Ryosuke then realized now, his left chest really hurt, and his vision started to blur.

“It’s seems I got it when trying to protect Yuto-kun earlier.” Ryosuke said while smiling weakly. Now he is laying on Yuto’s laps while Keito and Daiki trying to stop the bleeding by close the wound with their hands. Yuto’s father trying to call ambulance while make his wife calm down.

“Baka! Ryosuke baka! Why did you do that? It’s should be me to got that bullet if you were not trying to protect me!” Yuto said while crying. Ryosuke just smiled at that. He is weakly caressing Yuto’s cheek and feels the warmth of tears from it.

“Don’t be so childish Yuto-kun..I am glad that I protect you.” Ryosuke said weakly. He begins to feel cold, and trying to get the warmth from Yuto’s embrace. His vision started to blur. Ryosuke feels really tired and he started to closed his eyes, but he can hear his name being called faintly.

“Ryosuke, please hang in there. Ambulance will come soon!” Daiki shouted, already in the verge of crying. “Ryosuke, please stay with us.” Keito said too, trying to keep the conscious from the shorter boy while Yuto still embrace him, give him the warmth.

Ryosuke tried his best to keep conscious, but his aching head and chest also his tired body wins in him. Seconds later, he feels blank and empty, couldn’t hear a sad crying and a desperate voice calling his name repeatedly around him.

***

All the occupants waiting in front of the emergency room impatiently. Yuto already walks back and forth, didn’t mind his clothes that still full with blood. Ten minutes after the emergency room closed, suddenly the door opened and revealed the young doctor. When saw him, Yuto immediately approached that man.

“Sensei, how is he? Please save him!” Yuto almost shouted to the poor man, but his father held him back.

“Calm down Yuto.” His father said, and Yuto nodded. The doctor then smiled toward all the occupants.

“I would like to talk with his family, could I?” the doctor said.
“We’re all his family! Just say it already!” Yuto shouted impatiently, and seeing this, he just nodded.

“Yamada-kun’s condition is really dangerous now. He lost too much blood, so we must doing the operation immediately. The good thing is, the bullet didn’t through his heart, but still he is in danger. The preparation for operation is ready, but unfortunately, we don’t have enough stock of his blood type. We are already check it to the blood bank, and the last B type was used in another operation. So, is there from one of you have the same blood type with Yamada-kun?” the doctor ask. “His blood type is B.” He added again. No one in the room said yes, because indeed they have different blood type with Ryosuke.

“We have it.” Suddenly, Takaki couple comes from nowhere, said. “My husband and I have the same blood type with Yamada-kun.” Mrs. Takaki said again. Yuto and the others then looked at Takaki couple with bright smile, and the doctor nodded. “Okay, so please come here. We will checked your blood and doing the transfusion immediately.” The doctor said, and together with Takaki couple they entered the other room.

Yuto looked at those adults with eyes filled with hope. “Ryosuke, please be okay..” Yuto said sadly. Then, a gentle tap landed on his shoulder.

“Ryosuke is a strong boy, Yuto. He will be fine.” Keito said, and Yuto nodded.

***

Yuto looked at the figure lying in the hospital bed in front of him. There are a lot of wires attached to the boy, and a low beep sound of the room, indicated that the lying figure is still alive. Yuto then carressed the boy’s hair, and smile sadly.

Mrs. Takaki looked at both Yuto and Ryosuke figure since she entered the room. She can tell that Yuto really love Ryosuke so much, and now the taller boy is regretted it because he couldn’t protect the shorter and blame himself. Although it’s indeed no one’s fault this incident happen. It’s already two days since the operation done successfully. It’s fortunate the bullet didn’t through Ryosuke’s heart directly, and the blood that Takaki couple gave, make the boy can be saved. However, the doctor said Ryosuke’s still in his critical state. His face is still pale, his blood pressure is just 70/60 mmHg, and his heart rate is weak, just around 40 times per minute.

“Ryo-chan..” Yuto suddenly said, make Mrs. Takaki come back from her own reverie. She looked the taller boy hold Ryosuke’s right hand tightly.

“Ryo-chan, please wake up soon. When you’re wake up, I want to apologize to you, for make you like this. You’ve promised me deshou? That you will be a better person that can I rely on, so please wake up soon.” Yuto said softly, and almost shed a tear. Mrs. Takaki sighed, and she also carressed Ryosuke’s cheek.

“Yuto-kun, it’s not your fault. Don’t blame yourself like that.” Mrs. Takaki said gently, while smiling toward her bestfriends’ son.

“But, if he wasn’t protect me, he won’t be in this condition.” Yuto said sadly.

“If he wasn’t protect you, then you will be in this condition instead, and that will make Ryosuke-kun also blame himself. I know you’re so fond of him, and you two will protect each other even it cost your own life. That’s why, don’t blame yourself, because if Ryosuke-kun in your shoe, he also will do the same like you.” Again, Mrs. Takaki said gently. Yuto looked thoughtful about it, and second later he nodded.

“Just pray that he will be fine, and wake up soon. Have a trust on him, that he can through all of this. I believe in Ryosuke-kun because he is a strong person.” Mrs. Takaki said again, and Yuto nodded his head once again. Looking at the brighter expression from Yuto, Mrs. Takaki smiling, and she casted his eyes toward Ryosuke’s hand and sequezzed it gently.

“Ryosuke-kun, wake up soon ne~, because there are a lot of people waiting for you, include me.” Mrs. Takaki said lovingly, then she let go of Ryosuke’s hand. However, second later, Mrs. Takaki frown when she saw something in Ryosuke’s left palm and her frown deeper when realized what it is.

“Yuto-kun, since when Ryosuke-kun has a mole in the center of his left palm?” Mrs. Takaki ask curiously.

“Hmm..Ryosuke said he has it since he was born. It is his birth sign after all.” Yuto replied calmly, and Mrs. Takaki frown again.

“Can you tell me, when is his birthday?” The woman ask again, and although Yuto was curious, he anwered nevertheless.

“Hmm..Ryosuke told me once about it, the caretaker found him at 10th May 17 years ago and it was one day after he was born. So, his birthday is 9 May. What happen, Takaki-san?” Yuto ask, but he just saw at Mrs. Takaki gasped in shocked.

“Masaka..” Mrs. Takaki mumbled again, make Yuto curious about it.

***


END OF CHAPTER 4
Comments are appreciate as always :D