Hugs are good

Guilt
Please log in to read the full chapter

About 3:15 in the morning, Daehyun woke from a very loud sound of people chattering. He quickly jump out of bed to see what's happening.

“So it was just the TV,” he sighed in relief. He then turn down its volume when suddenly, he noticed a man in the sofa. He almost drop his heart in terror. He decided to turn on the lights to know what's going on.

“Don't”, a deep, husky voice stopped him. The Yongguk is lying on the sofa, left arm covering his eyes. Daehyun can see wet streaks of tears.

“Hyung, are you okay?” he asked in hush tone, sitting next to the older man.

Yongguk let out a very loud laugh followed by him giggling under his arm. Daehyun can smell the stink of alcohol from his mouth. He is confused as to what is happening. He is drunk again. I think I should just leave him alone. He thought, but his feet is feeling heavy. He can not move away. He doesn't want to leave. Not with his hyung's miserable state.

“Hyung, seriously. Why are you acting like this?” Daehyun is getting more worried.

“Ah sorry sorry. My bad.” Yongguk slowly wipes his tears while smiling bitterly. Even only the source of light is the flickering TV, the younger man can clearly see how ill his hyung is feeling.

He really looks like a mad person right now. Daehyun can not comprehend what's happening and frankly, he doesn't want to know. This is not his territory to mess with but looking at this man lying on the sofa, looking helpless and fragile, he can't help but wonder: What happened to this man?

“Hyung, really. What is wrong? You can tell me anything!”

“Aish. Really. Can you turn down your voice a little? I still need my ears to make a living,” the older man replied. Head turned to the TV as if watching but Daehyun can tell his eyes just hover over it.

“Are you trying to make a joke right now, hyung?” he pouted.

The older man let out a laugh but eyes still b with tears.

“I think I am going crazy.” The older man suddenly became serious. Daehyun came in closer, sits next to the man's waist.

“Hyung, you can talk to me. Even if my name isn't the one in the confidentiality agreement, I can promise with all my heart it will be just between us.” Daehyun raised his right hand as a sign of his promise.

The older man then turn his head, “What? What do you mean isn't your name?”, eyes narrowed.

“Ne? Oh, I thought you knew from my background check?”

“What background check?”

“Oh, you didn't do background check on me?

“Do I have to? Why? Are you a criminal?” The older man sat up and move closer to the younger one. Daehyun suddenly felt scared. His hyung looks incredibly intimidating when much closer.

“Of course not hyung, of course not!” shaking his head and hands frantically.

“Then explained,” the older man replied in a stern voice.

 

Daehyun then explain how Choi Junhong, is his friend who backed out.

 

 

“He backed out after finding out you are the one hiring him then I was like...”

“Excuse me? He backed out after finding it was me?”, he interrupted. Eyebrow raised.

“Ah. No hyung. No, that is not important. Well, Junhong kinda the type who wants to work from the bottom and such, I don't know. That kid is eccentric, but anyways, that's how he passed on to me the job. And,”

Daehyun is suddenly, again, confused on how quick the topic of conversation changed. He wouldn't deny that he did a fraud and so, he decided to just get on his knees and apologize.

“I am so sorry hyung! I was gonna tell you sooner but I never got the chance. Sorry hyung. I am not a bad person. You can do background checks on me if you like.” He bowed again and again, almost slamming his forehead to the floor.

The older man scoffed. “Yah. You think this is that simple? Do you have any idea of how serious this is? To me?”

“I know hyung so I'm sorry. Please don't sue me?”, Daehyun forced a smile.

“Why would I would sue?”, raising his eyebrow.

“Oh hyung really?” Daehyun sits down on the floor letting out a sigh of relief.

Please log in to read the full chapter