"That's off limit"

Guilt
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Please! Please! Help me up.” Voice of a sobbing child echoed.

“I will. Wait.. No! Sorry. I can't stop. I can't turn around!” Yongguk struggles to turn around but his body can't. He tried hard and everytime he does, his whole body aches and head feels like it's about to explode. He forced it---able to turn his head a bit, able to take a quick glance. The owner of the voice looks blurry. He tried to reach out, but a strong force is dragging him away.

“Please.” The boy pleaded again, extending his arm to reach; voice muffled and almost silent. Yongguk struggled to reach the boy's hand but he is being yank away. Little by little, he is losing sight of the boy.

“I'm so sorry”, tears falling, voice cracking. A heavy feeling filled his heart.....he wants to go back. He struggled with all his might.

 

Alarm clock came on blaring. Yongguk woke up startled. His body is covered in sweat; forehead dripping. “It's that dream again” he sighed, covering his eyes from the painful ray of the morning sun. It's been been a while since the last time he had that nightmare. He wondered why it is back. He thought that after all his therapy, he'll able to forget. Even at least for a while. He is aware memories can't be erase but he just hopes at least this god-forsaken nightmare would.

He gently tap the alarm clock and sit up slowly. His head started to throb. He drank too much last night and the evidence of that can be seen in his living room's center table. “I should clean up soon”, Yongguk thought. The person he hired to be an assistant will arrive soon.

After tidying up a little bit, he went straight to shower. Yongguk doesn't wake up this early and is having a hard time opening his eyes despite having a headache, but he has to. Normal people starts their day waking up at these hours, and so are businesses. He'll conform for now. He really needs this assistant for his new project.

Yongguk works as a freelance composer. Modestly speaking, he is fairly successful and is currently one of the most on-demand. His latest composition is currently topping the charts. Reviews are majorly positive and quote 'melodies and lyrics that will tug your heart', and some not so relevant ones like 'Mr. Bang, how deep have you been hurt?-- which he just shrug off in amusement. Yongguk's never been successful in any of his affairs or even been attached to one, so he sure never been that hurt by love. He's been hurt for a different reason but his lucky enough that he has the ability to channel it to something different and beautiful. As what his friends call it.

 

 

Exactly 10 that morning, he heard a buzz. “That must be him”, he thought while buzzing the guy in. He is a little delighted. The guy he chose seems punctual. One quality of a person he likes. 5 minutes in, he heard the doorbell. That took him a while, Yongguk thought. It only takes 2 minutes tops to reach his apartment using stairs of which he clearly specified to use as a route. “Don't tell me this guy is forgetful” he sighed. He isn't really fond of forgetful people because he also is one. Forgetful person plus forgetful person isn't a good duo.

“Oh my god. So sorry hyung! I got lost” said the panting lad in front of him.

Oh good. Someone with no sense of direction. Yongguk glared but then shook his head. “No, it's okay. Mr. Choi?”, Yongguk extended his hand for a hand shake.

“Ne?”

“Mr. Choi? Choi Junhong?”

“Choi? AH! Yes, yes yes. Nice to meet you hyung.” he finally reach to meet Yongguk's hand and shook it thoroughly.

I hope I chose the right guy. Yongguk worried. The guy in front of him is way different than what he expected. The lads' responses during their chats online had sense of composure but it certainly isn't that way now. “He is too giddy”, he whispered to himself.

“Hyung! I am big fan of you!” a loud voice came out of a rather small lad and it startled Yongguk a bit.

“Shh.. Not too loud. Come inside. I definitely need you to sign the confidentiality papers first and foremost.” he grabbed the younger man's arm while the it is saying 'sorry' multiple times.

“Sorry hyung. And don't worry I am not usually like this! I am just a big fan of almost all your songs so I feel so happy.” The boy smiled like a kitten this time. This made Yongguk smile a little but stopped himself. 'Almost all of your songs?' The words echoed inside his head. By no means, Yongguk doesn't think he is that good, but he still has pride of his works. He always make sure all songs he produce are of top quality.

“Almost all of my songs?” he repeated, this time out loud. This kid is too honest. Could have chosen not to include that bit.

“Yes. Though all of them are hits, I particularly find those songs celebrating love not that compelling. Like something is missing,” he explained while cocking is head. “Your painful themed songs though are like 'woah~”. The boy is getting all animated.

Yongguk stared straight to the boy giving no reaction. He agrees. He is particularly good at pain, numbness, guilt, and many more negative feelings. He stopped himself from recalling when it started but he is slightly happy he was able made use of it and placed it to where he is now. Composing is his one way of coping.

“IM SO SORRY HYUNG!”, a loud tad followed those words. The younger man accidentally banged his head to the kitchen table after trying to bow for apologies.

“Dude. You could have just apologized normally. Stop being hostile to yourself”. Yongguk worried. He doesn't want to print out new contract papers again. He accidentally deleted the file and it would to make new ones.

“I’m so sorry hyung. I didn't mean to offend you or anything,” he said looking like he is about to cry.

Yongguk doesn't have a talent of handling people crying so he hushed him and assured the lad that he is fine with the 'constructive criticism'. It will actually help him; to make his work more polished---much to the young man's relief.

The older man let the younger one read the contract thoroughly after signing the confidentiality agreement. The younger one is concentrating hard, absorbing all the words while also almost shoving his face to the paper. He looks silly. Yongguk chuckle

Please log in to read the full chapter