Chapter Three : A Chance Meeting

Strip

            “Did you know that Min Young was in that party with Myung Hee? How come you didn’t tell me?”


            There’s a few seconds of silence on the other line before Kim Min Seok hears his friend respond. The playful tone doesn’t appease his current mood. He heard an invitation, but he’s not sure if it was directed to him or someone else.


            “Hey… Was that invitation for me?” A laugh, he knows he’s not the one who spaces out but his mind can’t erase the image of that pink-haired boy gyrating in front (not really) of his younger sister. If he had the chance and the means he’d hunt the bastard down. He knows he’s being unreasonable and Myeong Hee or a friend of hers probably hired the man/boy for that bachelorette party, but the guy should have been aware that there’s a minor in that room. “I’d go and meet you there then…”


            Kim Min Seok looks at the mirror and fixes a few strands of his disarrayed hair. He decided that maybe going to a club (one that a friend works at) would not be a good idea but he needs a distraction. He hates forced socialization, pretentious people trying to win others with fake smiles. But he needs the falseness as of the moment. Maybe he’d be able to forget that pink-haired bastard and the game he never got to watch.

 

xoxo

 

            Black Pearl doesn’t look like your typical night club. Kim Min Seok thinks this one is better than the others. Not so flashy and the patrons looks far more decent than the rich kids (as if he’s not one of those over-privilege rich kids who has money to spare) he is normally forced to make acquaintance with for show, those who spends their parents’ money on booze and unnecessary entertainment. He doesn’t want to sound so cynical but most of his parents acquaintances' children tend to act like they own the world.


            He passed the entrance without a hitch, usually he’d be asked for an ID. Looking younger than his actual age is such a hassle at times. He thinks maybe his friend has already informed the bouncer of his arrival. There wasn’t any line, so the club looks calm, the pandemonium hasn’t started yet.


            He searched for an empty booth, he’ll just message his friend and inform the latter that he has arrived. He spotted a booth on the far end of the club, the lone occupant looks familiar. Then he remembers, the pretty pink-haired stripper.


            “You look so innocent and pretty sitting there like that… Too bad I know better…” he whispered to the person’s ear, ignoring the fact that he’s invading the guy’s personal space.

  
            A pair of doe eyes meets his own and Minseok can’t help but admire how they seem to sparkle albeit the confusion. This guy looks more innocent than in the video. It might be a trend nowadays, no one would suspect  and don’t girls love flower boys? His sister has every reason to go gaga over this fairy-like creature. Remembering that makes Mins Seok’s blood boil even more.


            “Excuse me… Do I know you?” the boy asks. Trying to put some distance between himself and Minseok. 


            “No… But I know you quite a bit…” dripping sarcasm on his tone.
            

            “Huh?” Minseok is satisfied by the bewildered expression on the boy’s face. He doesn’t intend to start a fight, maybe rile up the guy a bit. 


            “How much do you usually take for payment?” he mocks the stranger.


            “What are you talking about?” the stranger ubruptly stood up. But Minseok isn’t fazed. The guy was taller but lanky, not someone Minseok would be intimated of.


            “For your services… How much for tonight?”


            “I don’t—“
           

            “So the services are only for teenage girls? Oh I forgot there are a few adults there but I doubt you’d miss seeing someone underage…”


            “Hold on a minute, I don ‘t think I know you and I really have no idea what you’re talking about…”


            “I’m sure I’m not mistaken… You’re hair is a dead give away… So the stripper thing is that a part-time? Are you willing to do other services too if the pay was good?” the other guy’s face looked shocked. Minseok smirks and continues. “I’ve never tried paying for company, but since you’re here and I’m here and you’re obviously looking for a fine catch…”


            “What’s wrong with you?! I’m about this close to—“


            “I know you don’t allow videos or pictures to be taken, it’s okay… I’m not fond of those things either… Unless of course you want to keep it for memories sake…”


            The other guy seems to be agitated by this but Min Seok is too riled up to care. He was about to say something more lewd when one of his friends arrived.


            “What’s going on here?” Noticing the tension coming from both his friends. “Do you by chance know each other?”


            Before Minseok can answer, the other guy answered in the negative and quickly gathered his things. “Jong Dae, tell Yi Xing I decided to leave… Oh and tell that friend of yours, that if we, by any weird circumstances meet again, I’m going to knock all of his baby teeth off his pretty mouth, I won’t even care that he’s underage…” the statement was spoken to Jong Dae but the guy’s angry eyes is trained on Minseok. 


            Minseok opens his mouth to retaliate but Jong Dae gripped his arm hard and let the stranger leave the club. The latter looks at his hyeong puzzled. He knows his friend, he can be quiet but he’s amiable most of the time. He wonders what transpired between the two.


            “That guy’s a friend of yours and Yi Xing?” anger still in Min Seok’s voice.


            “Technically, I met him through Yi Xing… They both came here from Beijing… What happened there, hyeong?” Jong Dae is curios though obviously cautious of Min Seok’s mood. He has never seen the older male angry.


            Kim Min Seok sees Yi Xing approaching them from the back entrance with his signature dimpled smile. “Hey, you’re early… Good…” Yi Xing looks around and frowned when the person he seems to be looking for is nowhere in sight. “I guess Lu Han hasn’t arrived yet… You’ll like him, hyeong… I remember you’re the same age…”


            “Actually Lu Han already left…” Jong Dae fills in.


            “Left? Why? Did he get to meet Min Seok-hyeong? You'd probably hit it off the first time, right? Well Lu Han’s busy with exams so maybe next time he’ll be here longer…” Yi Xing thinks it odd for Lu Han to just up and leave without waiting for him, this was after all the reason he invited Lu Han to Black Pearl.


            “Do you want to explain to me why on earth you’re friends with a stripper?”


            “Huh?”