Chapter Two: Rose-Colored Blur

Strip

                Kim Min Seok can't take anymore of the screaming and giggling. He can't concentrate on the game he's currently watching. And it's at the very crucial part of the game that his sister decided to unleash the full force of her fangirling. Snatching the phone away from his sister's hands, he checks to find out the cause of the hysteria only to see a guy (with atrocious pink hair) mid-strip, semi-grinding to a make-shift pole in a dark-lit hotel room.

 

                "Kim Min Young! What is this?! When did you start--"

 

                His sister snatched her phone back, and started for her room but not before giving him a nasty glare. "It's Myung Hee-unnie's bachelorette party... The video wasn't even that racy considering how shy the guy was.. But he isn't he lovely? He looks young too, maybe younger than you..."

 

                "That makes it even more disturbing... You know what... I don't care how young he is. Stop there! Who gave you permission to attend that bachelorette party..." his voice sounds calm but his face says otherwise and Min Young knows her brother better to ignore the question.

 

                "Omma... And I told you it's Myung Hee unnie's bachelorette party not just anyone's..."

 

                "That's not the point..." He can't believe his Omma gave his sister permission to witness something like that when she's barely out of high school.

 

                "I wasn't even inside the room... I was asked to stay in the balcony... That was why I was able to take this video because the guy insisted that no one should be taking pictures or videos and weirdly Myung Hee unnie agreed... I would have loved to take a picture with him... You'd like him too, he's really cute..."

 

                "Erase the video..."

 

                "No way... I told you this is the only one that we have, right?"

 

                "Hand the phone over..."

 

                "No..."

 

                "Min Young-ah, hand the phone over..." Min Seok commands.

 

                "No! What would you do with it?!"

 

                "I don't know, maybe I'd fan boy over your strip-teasing pixie..." Min Seok says, voice laced with sarcasm. His sister can be stubborn at inopportune times. It's giving him a headache.

 

                "Ha.Ha. Very funny... I'm not handing it over..." She stalks out of the living room but not before giving him an indignant look.

 

                There was loud cheering coming from the TV. The game was over and he missed most of the action. The saddest part is his team lost. He mentally kicked that stupid pink-haired being for causing all this trouble.

 

 

xoxo

                Lu Han’s jumping for joy. His team won and he actually won a bet for the first time in long while. Collective groans can be heard from his flat mates. He knows soccer better than these people so betting with him in something that he knows like the back of his hand is really stupid of them. But then again isn’t this just payback for what he has gone through days ago? He thinks this is not enough though, he should let them suffer more. He’ll think of something eventually, for now he has bet money to collect.

 

                “Do you want to go out tonight?” Jong In asked. His eyes trained lazily on the TV screen. Kris decided to call it a night because, well he’s broke and he needs to be up early for his part-time job.

 

                “Yes… Not with you though. Where’s Se Hun?” He looks around the apartment. He hasn’t seen the kid since this morning. What is that brat up to.

 

                “You’re taking Se Hun with you and not me?” Jong in sits up abruptly. Lu Han rolls his eyes. The last thing he wanted was a repeat of last month’s fiasco. Not that they have rent money to waste now. Thank god that’s already paid for.

 

                “Of course not, I just have to make sure he’s not going to be where I’m going…”

 

                “He’s stuck with his other freshman friends doing a project, so he can’t go clubbing today… Not that I think it matters to him if he has a project or not…” Jong In goes back to lying down on the sofa turning this way and that. “What do I do with myself then?” his voice is muffled by the fabric of the sofa. Kim Jong In doesn’t usually do aegyo, but when he does, it could be totally annoying.

 

                “Sleep, you like sleeping right? Lock the door before you do…” Lu Han wonders if Yi Xing is up for a night out, it’s still early to go clubbing so maybe he’d accept a few drinks in compensation for listening to his sad story last time.

 

xoxo

 

                He arrives earlier than the appointed time. He’s not familiar with this place, it seems laid back than the usual clubs he hangs out when he’s with his flat mates. The place is muted, with walls painted black, faint lights surrounding the area, making it more intimate. The music wasn’t loud as well, a few guitar instrumentals, but he’s not expecting music to be blasting this early anyway. He’s relieved that Yi Xing decided to meet here. He usually disliked mixing with people. First meetings are always awkward, and finding a friend in a club just means one thing. And he doesn’t plan on finding that type of friend tonight.

 

                He looks for a private spot, not really in the mood to do anything else. He closes his eyes and tried to relax. He’d just sit here and wait for Yi Xing to arrive.

               

                “You look so innocent and pretty sitting there like that… Too bad I know better…”