Banana Milk

Fairy and the Frog

Taemin flew into his room and then flopped down face first onto his bed. Key merely looked at the boy and then went to the boy’s closet knowing that if he tried to comfort his baby he would just end up crying himself. Jonghyun looked at the boy and then did a very rare thing and left the room without Key. The two fairies didn’t notice he had left, too busy with their own thoughts, until the dog came back and pounced on Taemin’s bed. Lying on his belly he shoved his snout into Taemin’s face.

“Jonghyun, not now,” the boy whined shoving the dog’s nose away, but the dog was persistently putting his nose in the boy’s face until Taemin looked over. Once the dog had his attention he placed a bottle in front of the boy and then gave a puppy grin with his tongue hanging out. Taemin looked at the bottle in confusion for a moment before he realized what it was; banana milk. His hand shot out quickly and grabbed the bottle. Then he sat up, opened it, and took a drink forgetting to wipe the dog drool off before doing so. Being banana milk, however, he didn’t care too much.

“Thanks Jonghyun,” Taemin said petting the dog’s head, “I needed this.” The dog wagged his tail, happy he had been able to help.

Meanwhile, Key had been packing Taemin’s clothes and possessions into trunks trying very hard not to cry. Finally, he turned away from the closet only to find his sweet innocent baby sitting in the middle of the bed drinking banana milk. The thought of losing that boy to a swamp monster made Key crumple to the floor bawling.

The suddenness of Key’s emotions bursting forth startled Taemin, but before he could even call out ‘Umma,’ a man he had never seen before seemed to materialize out of thin air to comfort the fallen fairy. Key wrapped his arms around the man’s neck as if he had done this before and cried into his shoulder. The man tenderly pulled the fairy into his lap and rubbed soft circles on his back. Periodically, the man would kiss the fairy’s forehead and Key would snuggle closer. The two stayed like that until Key calmed down.

“Thank you, Jonghyun,” Key sniffled. There was a moment of silence and then Key realized what he had said. He wacked the man who had been holding him making both the man and Taemin jump, “Jonghyun! What the crap are you thinking?!”

After hearing the name twice in reference to the strange man Taemin looked over to where Jonghyun the dog had been and realized the spot was empty. He then looked back at the man who was also called Jonghyun and saw him being wacked over the head by Key. After looking back and forth at the two spots several more times, Taemin slowly put two and two together.

“Kibum, Jonghyun is a shape shifter?” The question was asked in a quiet voice but the rampaging Key still heard it and stopped whacking Jonghyun. The shock of his given name on Taemin’s lips making him pause in his tracks more than the actual question.

Key moved to stand protectively between Taemin and Jonghyun, “Yes, he is.”

“But, shape shifters are bad. You always told me they can’t be trusted. That they’re more wily and dangerous than a dark pixy and that’s why they’re not allowed in the palace,” Taemin’s eyes were wide as he stared at Jonghyun who had slowly started to stand up. The movement made Taemin scoot backwards towards the headboard.

“Taebaby, don’t be like that. Jonghyun’s not like other shape shifters,” Key tried to keep his voice steady and calm.

“But you said that there weren’t any exceptions when it came to shape shifters,” Taemin couldn’t move back any further so he started grabbing the sheets with one hand (the other hand still firmly grasping the banana milk) in an attempt to hide.

Key hung his head, “I lied.”

“You can’t lie, especially not to me,” Taemin’s voice was starting to rise.

The older fairy looked up and said firmly, “I can if I have to.”

“Why would you have to?!” Taemin nearly shouted hurt that the person he trusted the most had lied to him.

“Because, I had to protect Jonghyun,” Key’s voice started to rise to match Taemin’s.

“Why would you have lie to me, to protect some shape shifter!”

“Jonghyun is not some shape shifter!”

“What is that supposed to mean?!”

“I’m his mate,” the two fairies jumped when Jonghyun voice joined the conversation.

“Woah! He can talk,” Taemin pointed at Jonghyun.

“Well of course he can talk, he’s a shape shifter not a mute,” Key snapped.

“I love how that’s what he picks up on,” Jonghyun said wrapping his arms possessively around Key’s waist.

Taemin looked at the male that was slightly shorter than Key and then what he said finally registered. Taemin turned his gaze to Key’s, “What did he mean by 'mate'?”

“Why is it you remember everything I said about shape shifters being bad, but forget what the word ‘mate’ means?” Key rolled his eyes, “I’m pretty sure I explained it during your education lessons.”

“Wait, he means ‘mate’ as in the ‘mate for life,’ ‘other half of your soul,’ ‘can’t live without, mate’. That mate?” Key merely nodded his head affirmative to prince’s question. “But that’s really rare, isn’t it?” The older fairy nodded his head again. “I thought it only happened between fairies.”

“Yeah, well so did I until this dino came along,” Key said pointing his thumb at the man still hugging his back.

“Hey, I’ve never shifted into a dinosaur,” Jonghyun stated.

“You don’t have to, you look like one naturally,” Taemin had to admit Key had a point and laughed. The sweet laugh broke all the tension that had built up in the room.

When his laughter subsided Taemin asked, “Does Appa know?”

“About what? That Jonghyun is a shape shifter or that he’s my mate?”

“Either. Both?” Taemin shrugged.

Key sighed, “He has no idea. Jonghyun and I met each other long before I was asked to come to the palace, so we already had the master/pet act. Since a problem never occurred, we never thought to bring the situation up to Onew.”

“So, you’re saying, besides you two, I’m the only one who knows?”

“Yep,” the couple said in unison.

“Mainly because someone decided to slip up,” Key grumbled poking Jonghyun in the ribs.

“Bummie,” the shorter of the two pouted, “I can’t stand watching you cry, you know that. I couldn’t help it.”

Jonghyun earned himself another jab in the ribs, “You should have stayed as a dog.”

“Umma, don’t be so hard on him,” Taemin pleaded, “Your crying even freaked me out.”

Key turned slightly surprised, “What, you’re defending him now!”

Taemin shrugged and moved towards the foot of the bed, “Well, now that the shock’s worn off, I can’t really see Jonghyun as bad. I mean he’s been my best friend since I was born, he obviously cares for you, and he gave me banana milk.”

“So you won’t tell on us, right?” Jonghyun asked, worry in his puppy eyes.

Taemin noted that even as a man, Jonghyun still had puppy eyes, and he had momentarily seen him as a scary shape shifter. He smiled at his thoughts and then replied, “Why would I? I’m leaving tonight as it is and there’s no reason why I should give Appa something else to worry about.” The reminder of what was happing that night brought a somber presence to the room, well it did until Taemin’s stomach gave an impressive growl.

“Aw, Taebaby, you haven’t eaten yet have you?” Key crooned. Taemin shook his head. With all that had happened he had forgotten about food, except for the banana milk that was still firmly clenched in his hand. “Let’s go remedy that then,” the older fairy said taking Taemin’s hand and leading him toward the door.

“Umma, will you cook for me?” It was one of the last chances he’d have to eat Key’s cooking for a long time after all.

Key looked at him with understanding, “Yeah baby, I’ll cook for you. I’ll cook all your meals today.” He hugged the boy close before heading to the door again only to stop, “Um, Jonghyun, as much as I love your man form, you need to turn back into a dog.”

Jonghyun looked down at himself and chuckled, “Guess you’re right.” He kissed Key’s cheek, Taemin blinked, and then Jonghyun was a dog again.

Key lead the other two out of the room, “Come on, fooding time.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this chapter explains the whole JongKey thing, and why it's not bestiality (E/N: Tehehe that was me)Wasn't it cute? The Fooding time at the end is a request made by the editor. It's what we say before going to meals(E/N: Conversations usually go like this:

Her "Hey, we doing that food thing?

Me: FOODING!"). I don't know how it started (E/N: Says the person who started it). Anyway, I hope you like the chapter. This story might go a little slow but I'm practicing building up to the main story while keeping it interesting. Let me know if it's working. Leave me comments if you liked it and subscribe if really liked it. Side note: do you like my pretty picture at the top. I did using powerpoint (E/N: Show off)!

NOW ITS TIME FOR BRE'S ALL FAMOUS PICTA SPAM!!!

large.jpgtumblr_l96m1i11O11qd5v4yo1_500.jpgtaemin_macro_7_by_kingdomwithoutthekey-dtumblr_mda5wwhONy1r0uv12o2_250.gif<----Bre's favorite