That Note

That Note

Chanyeol walked back home from SM building, an angry scowl on his face. He had a very bad day, as always. Not only had the manager gave them a lot more schedule, but after the practice today, he had to listen to Kris nagging about burned toast that he made this morning, Baekhyun yelling for no apparent reason, and Sehun being Sehun

"Bunch of morons." He said angrily. "I'm sick with all of them! I just hate them so much! They should all just die!"
Suddenly, Chanyeol noticed something lying on the ground.

"Huh?" He said. "A book?" He picked it up. It was then he noticed that the words "Killing Book" were written on the front of the book.

"What the? Killing Book?" After looking around to make sure that no one was watching, Chanyeol stuck the book in his bacpack, and continued home. After he arrived, he went upstairs to his room and pulled out the book. He opened it, and read aloud.

"If someone's name is written in this book, they will die. Holy Molly! A book that can kill people?" A big grin spread across Chanyeol's face. "This could be just what i'm looking for! But will it actually work? I need a test subject!" Looking outside, Chanyeol saw Kris and Tao just got back from SM building.

"He'll do." Chanyeol said, and wrote down Kris name in the That Note. Chanyeol watched anxiously, and after a few seconds, Kris clapped his hand to his chest, gasped in pain, and fell down, unmoving.

"Kris?" Tao said fearfully. He checked for Kris's pulse, and was horrified when he didn't find one.

"Oh my God!" he said. "Kris is dead! Who's gonna buy me a Gucci then? Wait, i better grab his wallet" Tao said as he took Kris's wallet. Chanyeol, who had been watching upstairs in his room, gasped.

"I just killed Kris!" He said. A smile spread over his face. "Cool!" he said.

"So, having fun, eh?" Chanyeol turned around, and as soon as he saw the creature that had spoken, he screamed in fear. The being was a large, winged creature with brown hair, with a very muscular body, and it was smoking cigar.

"Chanyeol, shut up!" Xiumin yelled from downstairs.

"No, you shut up! I'm seeing something horrendous right now!" Chanyeol yelled back, then turned back to the strange creature.

"So, where were we? Oh yes. GAAAAAAH ! Who....and what are you? He asked.

"Name's Schwarzenegger." The creature introduced itself. "I'm a Death God"

"Schlawhatzipper? From the Terminator movies? Chanyeol asked.

"No, and it's Schwarzenegger." The creature replied.

"Okay, whatever. So, a Death God? So you mean, you spend all your time killing people?"

"More or less." Schwarzenegger said. "With Killing Books, just like the one you've got there."

"So now I've got the power to kill people whenever I want?" Bart asked excitedly. An evil smile then spread over his face. "Perfect."

 

 

Over the next few days, a string of mysterious deaths occurred among EXO member and people from SM building. The next day, Xiumin dropped dead at the cafetaria after choke some dumplings. The day after, Sehun died before he had the chance to his lip. Suho died right after clearing his throat, and Chen died after he saw Chanyeol using the Killing Book, and started to run off to tell. And aside from him, nobody saw Chanyeol using the Book, or even the evil smile on his face as he put it up.

As Chen's dead body was wheeled out of the building, the remaining of EXO member were baffled.

"I don't get it." Kyungsoo said. "Who could be killing these people, and why?"

"I've got a theory." Baekhyun said.

"Yeah, what've you got, Baek?" Kai who stand beside him asked.

"Well, in murder cases, it's always the one you least suspect, right?" Baekhyun asked. "So I say, it must be you, Kyungsoo!!"

Both Kyungsoo and Kai had to force themselves not to facepalm at their friend's stupidity

"Hey, I've gotten a voicemail!" Kyungsoo, who had his laptop with him, said as he opened the file. All of them leaned in as a black letter 'L' appeared on the screen and a garbled voice came over the laptop.

"I think I may have the answers you're looking for." The voice said. "If you want more information, meet me at the rooftop in one hour."

"Think we should do it, Baek?" Kyungsoo questioned.

"Well, sure." Baekhyun said. "I mean, this is a murder case with no suspects, and we were just told by a complete stranger whose face we haven't even seen to meet them in a rooftop with no witnesses, so yeah, I think we should go for it!"

"Awesome! Just the three of us, like The Three Musketeers!" Kai said.

And that was how, one hour later, the three went to the rooftop..

 

 

"I'm glad you could join me." The three gasped, and found themselves looking at none other than their own member, Luhan.

"What the? What are you doing here, Lu?" Baekhyun said in surprise.

"Isn't it's obvious?" Luhan said. "The 'L' stands for Luhan."

"So, 'Luhan'," Kai said, "You said you had some information for us."

"Yes, I do." Luhan said. "All the murder victims are our member and some staff from SM building. I've taken the liberty of looking through their files. They're all linked to one person. Park Chanyeol. In the past, they've all wronged him in some way, so that obviously means that Chanyeol's the killer!"

"Well, that escalated quickly." Kyungsoo said. "You heard him, boys!" Let's go find Chanyeol, and take him to the police!"

 

Chanyeol, meanwhile, was at his room, trying to decide who to kill next.

"Let's see…" he said. " Tao once sneezed on me! And I once loaned Lay, and he never paid me back!" He laughed maniacally as he wrote down their names, and Schwarzenegger raised an eyebrow.

"Hey kid, think you're getting a little carried away, there?" he asked. Before Chanyeol could reply, his door was kicked down, and there stood Kyungsoo, Kai, Baekhyun, and Luhan.

"Park Chanyeol, you're under arrest for the murder of our member and some staff that i don't know their name." Kyungsoo said.

"What?" Chanyeol said, trying to play innocent. "What makes you so sure that I did it?"

"You mean other than the fact that you're holding a book labeled 'Killing Book'?" Luhan inquired. Chanyeol stared forward for a few seconds. Then he completely lost it.

"YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE !!" he said. Holding the Killing Book in one hand, he jumped out the window, landing safely on the ground below, and started running. The three and Luhan started following him. Chanyeol had completely lost his mind. He laughed maniacally as he ran.

"Gotta kill them!" he said. "Gotta kill them all! If only I knew their names!" Chanyeol yelled. As the three chased after him, Kyungsoo turned to Luhan.

"Luhan, is he an idiot? How can he forgot our name?" he said.

"Luhan?" Chanyeol turned around, a crazy smirk on his face. "Oh yes, Luhan!  That's all I needed to know!" He then wrote Luhan's name down in the Killing Book, and turned to him.

"You're gonna die, now!" he laughed. "In just a few seconds, you're gonna die!"

"I don't think so." Luhan said. "I anticipated that you might try to kill me, so during the chase, I actually managed to steal the Killing Book away while you weren't looking, and replace it with a fake. I've got the real Killing Book right here." He held up another Killing Book, and Chanyeol just smiled wider.

"Ah, that's what you think!" he laughed. "I thought that you might pull something like that, so I switched the books back while you weren't looking! So I've got the real Killing Book, and you're really about to die!"

"No, I'm not." Luhan said, never losing his cool. "I actually had a fake notebook, all along. I just wanted you to believe that you got the real Killing Book back, when in reality, both of us have fakes. Baekhyun has the real Killing Book."

"I do?" Baekhyun asked.

"What?" Chanyeol said. "A fake?" He laughed crazily. "So then, I could write anyone's name in this, and nothing would happen?" he laughed.

"Alright, I'll just write my own name then, just to prove you wrong!" Chanyeol wrote his own name in the Killing Book, laughing all the while, as Luhan and the three watched, he got a heart attack and died on the spot.

"So, that WAS the real Killing Book all along?" Kai asked.

"Yes, it is." Luhan said. "I knew that Chanyeol's fragile sanity would leave him open to suspicion, so I played mind games with him who trying to prove that he was right, which led to him writing his own name in the Killing Book, just to prove us wrong, and himself, right. I wanted him to believe that he had a fake, when in reality, I had never even touched the Killing Book.

"My brain hurts now." Baekhyun complained, rubbing his head.

"There's just one thing I'm curious about." Kyungsoo said. "Chanyeol wrote your name down in the Killing Book, so shouldn't you have died?" To Kyungsoo surprise, Luhan just smiled.

"Who said that Luhan is my real name?" he asked cryptically.

 

 

Chanyeol's eyes snapped open. "Whoa." He breathed to himself. "What a weird dream. Well, it's good to be back in the real world." He tried to pull himself up, only to find that he was held by someone.

"Huh?" he asked. He turned around, only to find that he was sitting on a bar and someone beside him turned out to be Dominick Cobb.

"There's something you should know about me. About inception." Cobb said.

"Aw man, not again!!"