Loneliness

Memories

Loneliness is something Donghae knows well. He's basically been lonely his entire life. His father died when he was young and his mother refused to acknowledge his existence and showered all her love on his brother, Si Won. In school he was that loser that never managed to fit in. Donghae had a rich family but he wasn't given access to anything. He barely had enough to spend for his daily expenses. 

Donghae knew exactly how painful loneliness is and swore that he would always cherish those around him but up till now, no one has made an effort to get to know Donghae better. When Donghae is by himself, he talks to his reflection in the mirror for practice so that one day, if he ever got the chance to be friends with other people, he would know what to do.

Instead of being unproductive, Donghae likes going to the library to borrow books to occupy himself with. On the way to the library, he notices a newly opened cafe called "Memories". 

Donghae stared at it, mouth agape. "Memories" had transparent glass walls and Donghae saw the interior decoration of the cafe. The walls were painted black and there were funky paintings of modern art hung around in the cafe. There were chilli red bean bags and sofas around. There was a soft rosy pink glow in the cafe. Even from outside, Dongahe could smell the aroma of the different types of pastries and coffee. Cakes with nice decorations were displayed. All in all, the design was chic yet cozy.

Donghae drooled but he knew he had to walk away or his wallet would suffer from the lack of money. His stomach growled in protest. Donghae sighed. 

I'll just treat myself this once. Donghae thought.

He walked in with a cheerful smile on his face and there was a gentle tinkling sound as the bell on the door chimed.

Almost immediately, a guy about 1.78 metres zoomed to him.

"How may I help you?" The guy asked politely.

Donghae became nervous. He was always like this when speaking to strangers.

"I...I..."

"Yes?" The guy questioned, prompting Donghae to say what he wanted to.

For some queer reason, Donghae could not manage to place a simple order of cappuccino and all he blurted out was "I am trying to apply for a job."

Donghae mentally slapped himself. A job? Aish, what's wrong with me?

The guy smiled genuinely. "Oh sure. Though we did not put up flyers, I'm sure an extra hand wouldn't hurt. But the wages might not be satisfactory as we just started the cafe so business is not that good."

Donghae nodded in relief. Well, at least he didn't reject me.

"I'm Lee Teuk by the way. I run this cafe with my boyfriend, Kangin."

Eh? A boyfriend? Okay...

"I'm Lee Donghae." Donghae managed to say.

"Okie dokie! We'll see you at work tomorrow at 8am sharp. Bye!" With that, Lee Teuk ssi disappeared just as quickly as he appeared.

Donghae sighed. He called for Lee Teuk ssi but he never came back. What do I do about my stomach then?

 

Author's Note:

I am so so sorry I could not update as fast as I wanted to. I was studying for Home Economics and now exams are finally over!! Yippee, so that means I can update faster. Also, please check out my other story, "Someday" about yoonhae. Yoona and Donghae. I have just wrote the description about the story so leave comments on whether I should continue with the story. Also, you can give me suggestions on how to improve this fic. I totally welcome all sorts of comments, be it criticism or compliments. Thanks for subscribing and waiting! :)