Broken

Memories

Donghae glanced at the man sleeping next to him and smiled softly. Donghae felt contented, he had his lover by his side. Nothing could possibly go wrong.Donghae gently the man's hair and planted a soft kiss on his forehead.

Suddenly, Donghae's lover vanished into thin air. The sleepy Donghae blinked in surprise and rubbed his eyes wearily.

When Donghae reopened his eyes, he was standing at the beach. He saw his lover waving to him while frolicking around in the sea. Donghae grinned at his lover's playfulness. However, his lover walked further and further out into the sea. A sense of foreboding washed over Donghae. Donghae started shouting at his lover to come back until his voice turned hoarse. 

His lover was taken away by the cold and heartless waves and would never resurface again.

Donghae screamed a long guttural sound. He panted and placed a hand over his racing heart. It had been 2 months, 2 whole months since he left but Donghae still wakes up yelling from nightmares.

Donghae had not gotten over this heartbreak. His heart was broken once when his father passed away and he doesn't think he can survive this one.

Just as he was wallowing in depressed thoughts, 3 hyungs burst into his room.

Leeteuk hyung held a pot in one hand and waved it aggressively around the room and asked frantically, "Was there a burglar, Hae? OH MY GOSH. Stay back burglar, stay back!"

Kangin hyung grumbled. "I bet it was just a cockroach or spider. Aish, why did you guys wake me up?"

Heechul hyung smacked Kangin on the head and received a glare from said person. "Yah, don't mind this grumpy fellow. We'll protect you no matter what! So...what happened?"

Donghae smiled sadly at the trio while they stared expectantly at Donghae, waiting for an answer. His eyes filled with unwanted tears.

"Hyungs...You can protect me all you want but what if I'm already broken inside?"