Late

Memories

"Donghae, you piece of shi*! You are such a bast***, you should never have been born. You ruined my life!"

His mother's harsh and cold voice travelled into his ears. Donghae rubbed his eyes wearily. He knows he is worthless but must his mother shout it everyday?

Donghae walked to the door and opened it to so he could help his drunk mother to her own bedroom. His mother glared at him with bloodshot eyes.

"I hate you." She spat. Donghae's eyes filled with tears but what can tears do? His mother laughed evilly.

"Oh poor you. Is wittle Hae Hae baby crying?" Donghae's mother taunted. Donghae cringed. Hae Hae was what his mother used to call him when she was still normal and treated Donghae with affection.

Donghae's mother slapped him on the cheek and he hissed in pain. Donghae's mother swayed from side to side after using all her strength for that slap. She nearly fell due to her lack of balance but Donghae caught her in his arms.

"Come here Umma. I'll bring you to bed." Donghae said gently to his alcoholic mother and carried her bridal style into her bedroom though she was reluctant and made a fuss.

"I want Siwon, not you!" His mother delivered her last insult  and kept quiet after that but kicked her legs around to show her reluctance. Donghae sighed heavily after putting his mother down. To wake up at 4 am in the morning to deal with his lunatic mother had become daily routine since he was 15 years old.

Donghae barely managed to stumble into his bedroom before his eyes closed.

I'll just sleep for a while more and wake up at 7am to go to work... Wait...Did I set the alarm for work?

One last yawn escaped from his lips and Donghae fell asleep before he finished his thoughts.

~~~

The alarm clock rang and Donghae stretched himself while letting out a soft mewl. It was a beautiful Saturday morning and he didn't have to go to school. Donghae still felt sleepy and snuggled up to his anchovy soft toy. He had gotten that soft toy when he was a kid and had named it Hyukkie. Ever since then, Donghae had slept with Hyukkie on his bed without fail.

He sniffed in Hyukkie's clean scent and sighed. It's been a long time since he had taken a day off for himself to relax. Donghae looked at the time. It was 8.30am but something tugged at his stomach. Something was not right but he couldn't remember what it was.

"Hyukkie ahhh, what do you think I forgot?" Donghae the anchovy on its head. It may seem crazy but this is how Donghae battles loneliness. He has no one to talk to. His father was dead, his mother hates him and his brother was too arrogant for his liking.

The anchovy only peered back, its lips perpetually curled into a gummy smile. Donghae's mouth gaped open and his eyes flickered with realisation. He threw off his blankets in a hurry.

"Dang it! I'm late for work!"

Donghae grabbed a white tee and dark blue jeans and quickly wore it at lightning speed. He raced down to the kitchen and grabbed an apple. He wore his tattered sneakers clumsily while trying to balance his apple on his haversack. He quickly sneaked off like an unprofessional ninja so as not to alert the other family members.

Donghae saw the bus that would take would take him to 'Memories' arrive at the bus stop. Donghae felt extremely desperate. If he caught the bus, he might just make it on time for work.

Please bus driver, don't leave me out here! Wait for me! Donghae internally screamed in his mind.

Donghae ran as fast as Usain Bolt and garnered attention from passers-by. Donghae felt like scolding them for being so judgemental but his focus was on the bus driver.

Wait...is he going to leave? Noooooooo...

Donghae wanted to cry. He managed to get a job quite easily considering his speech capabilties, and he's not willing to lose the job anytime soon.

To his utter dismay, while racing to the bus stop, an oblivious man listening to music through his ear piece failed to notice he was blocking Donghae. Donghae halted to a grinding stop but the damage was done. He had knocked into the stranger.

And you know what added to the happiness level of Donghae's?

The bus not only left without him but the stranger had been carrying a cup of coffee which landed all over poor Donghae.

Donghae stared at the stranger in shock and anger.

If only this man had not crossed my path, I would be happily sitting on that bus!

Donghae knew that although he was trying to pin the blame on the stranger, it was ultimately his own fault. He turned to the stranger and bit his lip apologetically.

"I'm sorry for bumping into you. Is there anything I can do to help?" 

Donghae reached into his haversack to produce a packet of tissue. He dabbed the tissue onto the coffee stain that was spreading on the stranger's light grey shirt which had a black vest onto it. One thing he learnt was that Koreans can be scary when they are angry. To prevent that, Donghae wanted to be sincere in case the stranger could not feel his sincerity enough so he leaned closer to the stranger and rubbed the stain violently.

The stranger was speechless. He didn't expect this to happen to him. All he could do was gawk at Donghae. Even with Donghae's simple outfit, the stranger thought Donghae looked absolutely handsome and...delicious. The stranger shook his head to get rid of his thoughts which caused Donghae to lose balance and he fell on top of the stranger and both of them landed awkwardly on the ground.

Passers-by looked at them strangely and some pointed and laughed. Donghae and the stranger scrambled to get up. Both were blushing and felt an undeniable tension. The stranger muttered, "Thank you."

Donghae smiled at the stranger and happened to see the time on the stranger's Rolex watch.

Donghae's eyes widened. Firstly, he had never owned anything branded in his life. Siwon did have a lot of branded items but never bothered to share. Secondly, holy mother of ASDFGHJKL is he freaking late!

Donghae groaned, "I'm late for work... Eotteoke?" Donghae pouted and looked out for any incoming buses. There weren't any.

The stranger thought for a while and said, "I could drive you if you want?"

Donghae's eyes lit up with hope. "Could you?"

The stranger nodded and was actually quite pleased that he made Donghae happy.

The stranger led Donghae to his car which was a Burgatti. Donghae tried to swallow his envy towrads the stranger.

In the car, Donghae told the stranger the address of 'Memories'.

The stranger furrowed his eyebrows. That's where he worked too... Isn't it?

"I'm Donghae. It's nice to meet you...What's your name?" Donghae asked, trying to be comfortable with the stranger.

"Oh, I'm Sungmin."

"Mmmmm...Sungmin ssi, you seem to have a good life with all this branded stuff?" Donghae popped the question he was dying to ask.

Sungmin turned quiet and hatred filled his eyes even though Donghae did not pick up on it. Donghae continued chatting about his likes and dislikes and Sungmin was thankful for the distraction.

Just before they reached 'Memories', Sungmin remembered what he was about to say before Donghae cut him off.

"Donghae ssi, I work at 'Memories' too."

"WHAT?" The word exploded from Donghae and he immdiately flushed with embarrassment. He was trying hard to communicate more smoothly with people and this was one of the rare successess he had. However just blurting out a "what" was rude. 

Sungmin grinned and reached over to playfully pinch Donghae's cheeks.

"Are you that horrified?" Sungmin teased.

Donghae shook his head but the flush on his cheeks wouldn't go away. And Donghae's mind was filled with images of Sungmin's smooth hand on his cheeks.

Sungmin parked the car and declared, "Donghae ssi, we are here!"

Donghae's heart pumped faster. The thought of having to talk to so many people terrified him.

Would I be able to survive today?

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Did I disappoint you guys with this chapter? I made it as long as I can. Please be patient with this story. I had a serious case of writer's block in the last 2 chapters so I'm sorry. That's why I took such a long time to get a new chapter up. Leave comments please? I love reading them so even if it's criticism, just post something even a smiley face will do! :)

Besides that, I wanted to say that I hope all ELFs will watch Mr Simple till we get 1 million view for Leeteuk oppa. Can we all put in our best? I think ELFs are getting kazy. We need to buck up. Our oppas aren't going to win awards if we don't help them! Think of all they have suffered through and how much efforts they put in to be famous as Super Junior. As their fans, we should help them and not let our oppas lose to new male groups like Exo. Look at Super Junior's views for their MVs and compare them to other KPOP groups. I really want to make our oppas smile as brilliantly as they did when they win awards. Come on guys, we can do it! 

Putting aside the serious stuff, here's something I want to ask- Who is your bias in Super Junior and why? I have my own answer but if I typed it out, it would turn into a book filled with asdfghjkl and whoooooo and all that crazy stuff so I'll let you all, my wonderful readers to comment on this.

If you agree/disagree about us needing to buck up our efforts as ELFs, just leave a comment about it. Please go and read

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/714355/1/elf-s-please-read-this-really-really-important-please-take-the-time-to-read-this-eunhae-kyumin-superjunior-haehyuk-yewook-kangteuk-superjuniorm

It isn't a story but rather an ELF has taken it upon herself to talk about how upset she is and I agree with her. She provides links to vote for our Suju oppas so take the time to read it or I'll really really be upset...Do this for the sake of our Suju oppas. Even if you don't like all of them, just remember your bias is in that group and he would be super happy if his group won an award and wouldn't you be happy too?

This is her first chapter so I'll put it here so it might make you guys want to read it. 

 

"This really made me tear up I know it's long, but at the same time every single word is true. We are really falling behind in 3 weeks we got a little over 2 million view's and there is EXO that has 4 million just on there TEAER VIDEO. If you can all ELF's once a day watch the Swing video on youtube it won't take much time just 3 min. After reading this i realized that I do need to wake the up, and I am being too confident in us ELFS. We can do better for out oppa's. They gave 8 years of there life to us lets show them how thankful we are and how much we love them. Please I am begging you just watch it once or twice everyday and do as much online

arrow-10x10.png voting as you can. EVERY LITTLE THING COUNTS. Im not asking for much just 5 min of your time. If not for me do it for your oppa's that are working there butts off.  Thank you to faithphase who shared this, we all needed a wakeup call and its not too late to try and help. I will share links to vote for SJ or SJM online. Thank you to those that are willing to give up time for this. I truly appreciate it. Thankyou. 

Hi everyone, as you may have noticed this post has been going around (all though it has been screencapped and very hard to read i really appreciate your

arrow-10x10.png efforts ihanchul)

TO PUT IN SHORT: We ELFs need to ing wake up. Stop relaxing! We have been saying all this year that 2014 will be our year. We have been arrogant and not seen the possibility in failing as greatarrow-10x10.png supporters of Super Junior.

We have only managed to scrape 2 million views on SWING MV in freaking 3weeks? We even did better with 

Breakdown last year getting one million views in a day, but we were so much struggling this year why?

I’ve seen lot’s of ELFs complain why we are not getting a lot of views on these new mvs, this is where ELFs need to ing wake up and stop being over confident! Yes we are too over confident thinking that we won’t be beaten and we are better than other fandom, but NO ELFs. YOU NEED TO OPEN YOUR EYES.

There are new groups that keeps coming in and we cannot relax like the rabbit and turtle story. NO. ABSOLUTELY NO.

You think 7jib is going to successful at this rate we have with swing?

Sure we had a most brilliant year during 5jib and 6jib year wasn’t bad either.

But the thing is if you haven’t noticed we lost about 40% of ELFs that was with us during Mr. Simple/SFS era to other groups.

That means we have much more struggle to keep up in the votes, we actually barely just winarrow-10x10.png over the groups with a few percentages, like the allkpop vote thingy that happened this year.

WE NEED TO WORK HARDER.

Ok so I see maybe you don’t stan all members of SJ, but you stan for example Kyuhyun only, YOU TOO NEED TO WORK OFF YOUR too vote!Why? Because he is in that group! He is part of it, you WILL MAKE HIM HAPPY don’t you want to see his smile at the awards, instead of disappointment and broken hearts like during 4jib era?

This applies to any members you stan from SJ, we need your help too!

So instead of fighting against other groups (e.g. EXO. SNSD. bap etc.) let’s use it as a motivation when they say we , we are old, we are fading and stuff like that, LET’S PROVE THE ONES WHO ARE AGAINST US WRONG.

But it won’t happen if you’re not voting hard enough. If you can’t vote at least spread the voting messages instead of ignoring them, IT WOULD ACTUALLY REMIND SOME MORE PEOPLE WHO FORGOT.

We need to work harder because we have fewer ELFs than we had before, and by this PEOPLE WILL RECOGNIZE US, and this way we can gain more new ELFs to join our fandom.

PARTICIPATE IN MV INCREASING PROJECT! REBLOG!

Like I said i you can’t do it, or even being a lazy atleast spread it around! Then someone else could actually do it, BUT PLEASE stop being lazy and just take 5mins of yourarrow-10x10.png time of reblogging pics on tumblr and put effort in this!

We can’t disappoint the boys, we can let them think they are insignificant. Why do you think the boys said this?:

“Don’t cheat on us, ELF!!” - Donghae 

"Many fans cane to support us so it is definitely something to be thankful of. But lately EXO has been developing better in China (laughs) They are developing so well, we definitely need to work harder." - Sungmin

Eunhyuk also said something like “Don’t leave us for just because they are younger shinier groups”

What I am trying to say is, just because we made the tittle for our boys as King of Halluyu Wave, doesn’t mean we can let our guard down.

Instead of saying 2014 will be our year, WE HAVE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN, MAKE 2014 SUPER JUNIOR’S YEAR.

For example for 7jib we need to break the records of sold albums more than 5/6 jib! ARE YOU SAVING UP? $1/£1 everyday into your piggy bank can make a huge difference! We need to buy the album and support them both on Hanteo and Gaon Charts if you haven’t forgotten already?

That’s what makes them win on GDA’s and Seoul Music Awards! SO STARTarrow-10x10.pngSAVING UP NOW, DON’T REGRET IT TILL THE END.

We really need to work hard ELFs, pull our socks up, YES LET’S THINK LIKE WE ARE ROOKIES, then we will work even harder and not rest on the name of the Legend’s tittle.

Please ELFs we need to open our eyes, we have lots of COMPETITION. Both Boybands AND Girlgroups!

So from today start watching those MV’s, start voting, START REBLOGGING MORE IMPORTANT POSTS, SPREAD THIS AROUND!!! AND START SAVING UP FOR 7JIB BECAUSE WE REALLY NEED TO MAKE THIS COMEBACK HUGE AND BETTER THAN THE ONES WE HAD BEFORE.

I hope I didn’t offend anyone in this post, because I didn’t intend to offend anyone at all, I just want us ELFs to start working harder and stop complaining that we are falling behind.

Thank you for reading this post I really appreciate it, and thank you for all yourarrow-10x10.pngsupport!

Let’s make 2014 Super Junior’s year and more to come! That’s our motto now ‘DON’T SAY 2014 WILL BE SJ YEAR, BUT MAKE IT SJ’S YEAR’."

 

Credits to the author sugarbanu