Chapter 3

Scorpio Biased

Scorpio personalities are usually extremely ambitious, persistent and determined. This is shown through their power-hungry, controlling attitude. They LIKE to be in control. They are strong, powerfully intense and fiercely independent.

 

Anna was never bossy, but rather, a good leader. The others looked to her for advice and wisdom about the entertainment industry. Still, sometimes leadership crosses the line at the expense of other people's egos.

Fans had started calling Anna "Boss", but they also nicknamed her "Uncle Dai". The latter gave a nod to her kind and knowledgeable qualities. She not only told the girls what to do and how to do it, but she also looked after them. A good leader is also a protector.

 

Zi Lun and Anna's strange relationship had mellowed somewhat since MissTer was formed. But Zi Lun was still a rascal and Anna was still susceptible to that irritating, pushy girl she first met at the bar.

During band brainstorming meetings, Zi Lun often pushed Anna's buttons just to see her usual reaction: the Walk-Off.

When Zi Lun got under her skin during business talks, Anna would roll her eyes or shout "Argh!" and then walk away. Zi Lun would giggle with mischief and in general, her bandmates tolerated it because it WAS funny. Zi Lun's observations about Anna were always on the money. She seemed to know her implicitly. Her colleagues noticed how irritated Anna got and thought it was amusing. It was obvious that deep down, she was never truly angry or offended.

It had become almost a game after all these months of rehearsals, marketing meetings, and even at off-duty hang-outs.

 

 

...3 months later...

 

"Anna, nice cockatiel," Zi Lun smirked, as the band leader entered the room.

"Shut up, loud-mouth," Anna blurted out. She was not in the mood today. She had just had a horrible haircut and wished her tresses would grow back right now.

"Hey Boss, it's not THAT bad," Zi Lun tried to smooth things over.

"It's awful. You don't need to rub it in," Anna pouted. Zi Lun felt a pang of guilt. "Hey, I'm sorry. I was only teasing."

"That's the problem, Zi Lun - you always tease. Try to be sensitive to other people's feelings for once," Anna was exaggeratedly offended.

"Are you on the rag?" Zi Lun couldn't stop while she was ahead.

Anna's eyes shot daggers at her. Zi Lun gave Anna a hurried hug, muttering "I'm sorry" and promptly fled.

Anna watched her go and inwardly cursed, 'How the hell did she know I have my period? Ugh, she makes me so mad!'

 

* * * * * *

 

Later that day, there was more tension between the two stubborn Scorpios. During a dance rehearsal, Zi Lun tried to incorporate a new move into a routine but Anna naysay-ed it.

Qiu Qiu thought it was a nice touch, but Anna naysay-ed her too.

"What's up with her?" Niu Nai whispered to Zhe Qiao.

Qiao whispered back, "PMS?"

 

Anna pulled rank, saying as leader, she gets to accept or reject whatever she pleases. The room fell silent until Zi Lun broke in,

"Hey everybody, just do as Boss says, she's having a bad hair day."

Qiao facepalmed, anticipating Anna's usual reaction to Zi Lun's off-coloured commentary.

 

...And...

 

...The Walk-Off.