Chapter 1

Scorpio Biased

They first met at a bar. Anna was a bartender and Zi Lun was an aggressive customer who took great pleasure in bothering Anna.

She seemed to have memorized Anna's shift schedule and always turned up without fail.. Anna didn't dislike her, but it irritated her how easily Zi Lun got under her skin. She just seemed to 'get' her and this meant no hiding her thoughts or pretending she was someone she wasn't. How annoying for a bartender to have such a relationship with a patron. Usually bar staff listens to clients open up about themselves, not the other way around.

But it wasn't that Anna necessarily wanted to hide anything. She just resented how transparent she was to Zi Lun. She could pull things out of her she may not otherwise offer freely. She had a knack, that's for sure. And she had spunk. Just like Anna.


* * * * *

...3 years later...

"Hey, hey," Anna smiled, "Fancy meeting you here."

Zi Lun turned to see her old favourite bartender, "Oh! Hi there! Been awhile...You changed your hair? It suits you. Wild like I know you are."

Anna found comfort knowing certain things never change. Zi Lun still knew how to get under her skin in under a minute. But maybe she missed that.



The Miss/Mr competition was a talent search across Taiwan, to scout out androgynous girls with musical and various other talents. Dai Anna had long quit bartending to focus on a songwriting career. When things didn't go as fast as she'd hoped, she along with a few close friends, decided to create the Miss/Mr talent competition, in hopes of finding musical partners for Anna to collaborate with. She wanted to put together a group because singing solo material got boring after awhile.

She should have figured she'd eventually run into Zi Lun in this setting. Back in the bar days, she had mentioned to Anna that she tap-danced and played instruments. And the underground andro community was pretty small, so you often ran into someone's friend or someone else's ex-girlfriend. Zi Lun was such a poster child for the word "andro", it was no shock to see her try her luck in the competition.

Zi Lun, on the other hand, hadn't really put two and two together when she overheard that the competition organizer's name was "Diana". So when they bumped into each other, she actually figured Anna was a contestant instead of a trainer and judge.

 

Scorpio personalities have an excellent memory, and great powers of observation. He or she has a penetrative mind and will ask questions, delving deep to figure things out. Male Scorpios make great protectors. Female Scoprios are seductive and flirtatious. Their beautiful, hypnotc gaze can read minds and intent. What of a Tomboy Scorpio? Is she not the combination of both female and male energy?