A Rainy Day

Ask.fm

~Serin's POV~

 

Sungjae walks next to me carrying my books and notebooks for me. We were on my way to my locker. I'm definitely glad that school is already over.

 

By the way, he had already stopped on courting me finally getting what I've been telling him for months: "I just see you as a friend."

 

"You'll meet up with Yoseob hyung right?" Sungjae asks as we walk.

 

I nod my head. "Want to come with us? We'll be watching a movie."

 

"No thanks. It's been a long time since you two seen each other and this is the only time you two have so I would rather not be the third wheel." He smiles.

 

We reach my locker and I quickly open the locker door so I can put my books and notebooks in sensing Sungjae's arms getting tired from carrying.

 

"Thanks." I say to him as I finish in putting my things inside my locker. We both start to walk towards the exit of the school were my brother is waiting for me outside the gates.

 

As we arrive by the gates, Sungjae's driver was already there waiting.

 

"So, I'll see you this weekend." Sungjae ruffled my hair before he steps inside the car. It's a good thing that even I turned Sungjae down; it didn't put a scar to our friendship. Sungjae is one of the persons in my life that I will forever treasure. He's like a proxy of my brother since my real brother isn't usually around.

 

When Sungjae's car was nowhere out of my sight, my phone suddenly rings making me fish out of my pocket only to see that I've received a message from my brother.

 

From: Yoseob oppa

 

Hey sis~ I'll be late by an hour I guess. I'm still here filming for our new MV. Sorry :( If you want, you can go home now and I'll just pick you up at home.

 

My brother is the main vocalist of one of the famous k-pop boy bands, BEAST. I rarely have time to be with him since he became an idol because he's too busy. MV shooting here, photo shoots there, concert here, promotions there.

 

I put my phone back inside my pocket after I replied with his message. I was so excited for today's bonding time with oppa that I haven't even concentrated with my classes all day and here I am in front of the school gates waiting for him to pick me up. No choice because I had already asked my driver to take the day off and my ankle still hurts from tripping over my shoelace two days ago in P.E. class so I won't manage to do a long walk and I can't go back inside the school because there's this stupid rule that once you get out you can't go back not unless a teacher calls for you.

 

I tapped my feet impatiently as I watched the cars that passed by. The sun that was smiling at me suddenly disappeared being covered by dark black clouds.

 

Yehey! It starts to rain and as usual, I didn't have an umbrella with me. I ran to the nearest bus stop for shade totally forgetting my injured ankle.

 

I sat on the bench provided there and watched the water droplets that falls on the tips of my hair. Yes, I'm indeed wet and I'm freezing.

 

Today is seriously not my day. I really hate being wet by the rain. The last time it rained, I had a lifesaver. Taehyung. If only he's here. I haven't seen the guy for the whole week. Well, we aren't that close with each other but we do smile or wave at each other when we bump at the hallways but those times are rare, rare as in like once in a week.

 

From the corner of my eye, a guy wearing the same ID lace as mine sits next to me with an arm's length apart. I'm a friendly person and normally, I would be chatting with this guy next to me just to kill the time because I hate silence as well but I wasn't in the mood to be the miss-social-butterfly.

I stared on the road and watched the droplets of rain hit the cold asphalt ground. A few minutes later, more people comes under the bus stop for shade and some even takes a seat on the bench making the guy next to me move closer so that more people could sit and I was literally squished.

 

"I'm really sorry miss." The guy turns his head at me and at the same time, my eyes widen in horror as if what I saw were a ghost.

 

"Serin-ssi?"

 

"Taehyung-ssi?"

 

It was Taehyung who was sitting next to me all along. How could I be so stupid?

 

He smiles at me. "Long time no see."

 

"Y-yeah." That was the only words that came out of my mouth and I even stuttered and it's not because I was freezing to death but because he's sitting next to me.

 

My feet began to tremble because of his presence and my mind begins to be flipping in circles. Okay, I have a crush on this boy next to me ever since the first day of school.

 

He was laughing with his friends as he passed by our lunch table. His smile had this crazy effect on me, it kept on replaying in my head like a movie. At first, I thought I just find him cute and all but on the day when we bumped into each other at the hallway and then followed by when he offered to walk me home, something felt different. My heart starts to beat faster than normal then my feet trembles when he's around and then my hands sweat and then there I realized that I like him.

 

But the big questions are, AM I HIS TYPE? DOES HE EVEN LIKE ME? I know that it doesn't mean I'm a queenka at school everyone would like me instantly. Why is life like this? Many people are head over heels of me but the only person who I like doesn't even like me back.

 

"Serin?" Taehyung waved a hand at me snapping me out of my sea of thoughts.

 

"Oh, sorry." I lowered my head. I can still feel my feet trembling.

 

He smiles at me innocently, s his bag and he takes out a blue jacket and then he drapes it over my shoulders. "I notice you were trembling probably because it's raining and your also wet." He said whilst chuckling at the end.

 

The moment his jacket made contact with my skin, I immediately felt warm feeling and it felt like I was secured in his warm embrace.

 

"Thanks." I smiled at him.

 

"Aren't you going home?" He asks.

 

"Waiting for someone." I replied.

 

He nods his head. "Well then, I'm going to wait here with you."

 

Then the bus suddenly arrives, the other passengers stood up and goes inside the bus leaving enough space for Taehyung to move so I wouldn't be squished anymore. I ask him to go and ride but he's quite hardheaded that he really wants to stay and be with me while I wait.

 

"The bus left." I pouted as I watched the bus leave. I looked at Taehyung and slapped him lightly on the arm.

 

He winces in pain as he rubs the part I hit. "What was that for?"

 

"You were being an idiot for not riding that bus." I stated and then crossed my arms in front of my chest.

 

He only chuckles at my statement. I didn't say a joke didn't I?

 

"At least you have someone to talk to right now." He ruffles my already-in-disaster hair.

 

I let out a fake laugh. "Well, if you rode the bus, you would've been at your house right now. Waiting with me would be a waste of your time."

 

He nods his head 'no.'

 

We both fell silent as I wait for Yoseob oppa who I don't know when will arrive. After a billion years? I already sent him a message that I'm waiting at the bus stop.

 

Beep! A car horns and stops in front of us. It was my oppa because I recognize the plate number.

 

The window rolled down and oppa's head pops out. "Serin, get in."

 

I looked at Taehyung and gave him a smile. "Well, here's my ride. Thanks for waiting with me." I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the car. "Come on, I'll give you a ride home." But then, he didn't budge even an inch. I looked back at him and he just stood still.

 

"My house might be out of your way." He replied.

 

"I don't mind." I answered.

 

The car horns again, Yoseob oppa can really be impatient.

 

I looked back at the car. "Oppa, wait." When I turned around to Taehyung, he was already starting to walk away with the rain still pouring.

 

"Taehyung!" I shout.

 

He doesn't even bother to turn around his head and look at me but instead he just waves his hand and shouts without looking back, "Bye! Have a safe trip."

 

I let out a huff, opened the car door and got in.

 

"You're dripping wet." Oppa commented.

 

"And you are so impatient." I groaned, slumping on my chair.

~~~

Annyeong! Sorry for the super duper late update. Do comment, subscribe. :))