Second Encounter

Ask.fm

~Taehyung's POV~

 

I sat in the library trying to answer this set of biology questions the teacher gave me. Supposed to be, this was homework but since it was my free hour, I decided in doing it here in school so when I get home, I don't have to problem it anymore and I'll just play video games with Jungkook later.

 

"I don't know the answer to this question." I sighed in frustration and started pulling my hair. I still have two more questions that I haven't answered.

 

I looked back in front of me and saw that my homework was gone. I looked up and then realized that there was a ceiling fan. My homework might have blown by the fan. Ugh. Curse you ceiling fan -_-

 

I bend down the table and looked for it but it isn't there. Aish! Where is it now?

 

"Excuse me." I felt a tap on my shoulder. I quickly looked up that made me hit my head on the table. I held my head and looked up again making sure I won't hit the table again.

 

"What?!" I asked in annoyance, I'm still aren't aware to who I was talking. I'm still upset by the fact that I just lost my homework and I got my head hit by the table.

 

"I think this is yours. Kim Taehyung right?" I rubbed my eyes to make it sure that the girl standing next to my chair was Serin. This is so embarrassing! I just said something improper to her.

 

"I'm really sorry. I really didn't mean to ---" I was about to explain but cut off when she giggled. Ahh… sweet music to my ears again.

 

"It's fine. It seems like your stressed out with this homework. Let me help you." She pulls out the chair next to me and sat on it. My heart started to beat abnormally faster. What is this feeling? I can't like her right? It's been just two days since I met her.

 

I just stared at her in awe. Is this true? This beautiful girl is sitting next to me. The queenka is talking to me! Slap me, I must be dreaming!

 

She waved a hand in front of me that made me snap out of my daze. Seriously, I got to stop doing it in front of her. This is the second time already.

 

"Is there something wrong?" She asked with her brows furrowed. Kyeopta ^_^

 

I just nod my head 'no'. I'm still speechless okay?

 

"I get it. We haven't formally met and here I am talking and sitting next to you as if we're close. Stupid me!" She whacked her forehead lightly but then giggled. She wiped her left hand on her skirt and offered a handshake. "My name is Yang Serin."

 

I shook hands with her. "Kim Taehyung." Wah! They're soft.

 

She nods her head and gave off a sweet smile.

 

"It is an alternative form of a gene that is located at a specific position on a specific chromosome." She read the question out loud. "It's Alleles." She hands me back the paper then I wrote the answer.

 

Then she got the paper again. "The small section of chromosome that determines traits of living things. The answer is genes. Right it down." She returns to me the paper.

 

"Thank you. But you really don't have to do this." I said shyly as I write the answer.

 

"It's okay. I like helping others." She smiled again.

 

"Serin, let's go and grab a drink." The Sungjae guy pops out from nowhere and pulled Serin from her seat.

 

"Can't you see I'm busy?" Serin asked in annoyance. Her smile wasn't on her face any longer.

 

Sungjae let out a scoff. "Busy with what?" He looked over Serin's shoulder to look at me. "Flirting with this guy? Come on, I'm much more better than him."

 

I can see Serin curling her fist in anger. "Conceited doofus!" Serin whacked Sungjae hard in the head before she walked away from us, stomping her feet.

 

Sungjae let out a hiss then sent me a glare before following Serin.

 

~~~~

 

"It's raining." Jin pouted as we stepped out of our school building only to see the sun covered by the dark clouds.

Suga, J-Hope, Jungkook and me got out our umbrellas from our bags.

 

"Mr. Gentleman, offer her a walk home." Suga said as he grins at me from ear to ear.

 

"Who her?" I asked but before I can retort, they all started pushing me towards someone that was standing just in front of us. They pushed me too hard that I bumped into her making her off of her balance and it was a good thing that I have quick reflexes that I caught her by the waist preventing her from falling by the mud puddle.

 

We both stared at each other's eyes.

 

"Taehyung?" It was Serin whom I bumped for goodness sake. The boys at my back started whistling making the two of us blush madly.

 

"Ermm… sorry." I assisted her in standing up straight.

 

She quickly looked away from me. "Thanks for catching me. My uniform could've been soiled by now."

 

I nod my head in reply. What should I say next? Wait, why am I acting like this?

 

"Y-you're still not g-going h-home?" I asked, stuttering. I'm stuttering for the first time ever in my whole life -_-

 

She just kept her gaze in front of her and nods his head 'no'. "Waiting for the rain to stop. I didn't bring an umbrella."

 

"I have an umbrella." I announced. Nice choice of words Kim Taehyung. You could've just offered her a walk home instead of saying that.

 

She looked at me and smiled. "Good for you. You came to school prepared."

 

I let out a silent hiss then shook my head. "I can walk you home if…. if that's okay with you."

 

"Really? I think you still have somewhere to go with your friends." She looks at them, the guys who were just standing nearby. They looked like they were enjoying watching us like some kind of chick flicks movies.

 

"Actually, we don't. We'll be going now Taehyung. See you tomorrow." Namjoon said as he awkwardly smiled at us and all of them start scampering out, each giving me a pat on the shoulder.

Serin just giggled on how the guys acted. "You have funny friends."

 

"I know. Sometimes they can be crazy and immature too." I rubbed the back of my neck sheepishly. I opened my umbrella and looked at her. "Let's go?"

 

"I'll be fine. You should go home now." She replied.

 

"Come on, it's really okay with me. I'm just returning the favor."

 

She nods her head then steps inside the umbrella next to me.

 

We just walked together in silence; I just followed where she was going.

 

"I'm sorry on how Sungjae acted a while ago at the library." She suddenly blurted as she fidgets with her fingers.

 

"It's okay."

 

"But don't get me wrong okay? He isn't my boyfriend."

 

My mouth just formed an 'O' shape acting I just found it right now when in fact I already knew the real score between them since yesterday when I heard them talking at the hallway.

 

"But you do like him right?" What kind of question is that Kim Taehyung? You two aren't even close enough to ask that question to her.

 

"He's just a friend to me." She replied. Then the rain suddenly stops so I closed the umbrella already.

 

She stops walking and gave me a smile. "Well Taehyung, it was nice being with you. Thanks for walking me home. I'll see you again tomorrow." She waved at me and I waved back.

 

I watched her walk away and when she's already out of my sight, I already started walking back to my home as well and then I suddenly realized that we separated by a street and not exactly in front of her house. How gentleman of me? I should've walked her right in front of her house. What would've she think of me now?

 

I slapped my forehead. "Great Taehyung. Just great."