Where the Real Game Starts

Being Player One

Luhan was staring intently at the sign. He couldn’t understand the main concept of the game. When it said ‘protect and Guide the princess’ he thought it would be alright. He expected waking up to see the princess right beside him, but no, there was no princess. ‘Does this mean I have to freaking find her? I don’t even know what she looks like’ Luhan silently cursed under his breath. He was frustrated, and the game being confusing wasn’t helping at all.

While Luhan was still eyeing the sign board, probably thinking of the possible places where the princess would be at, he didn’t even notice that an old lady walked up to him.

“You know that sign’s going to melt if you keep staring at it like that.”

Startled by the sudden voice he jumped a little and chuckled afterwards. The old lady, who looked like she was in the middle of her 60’s, stood next to him. She had a simple long dress with a matching purse to pair, she’s just average, judging from the way she dressed.

“I guess so, I’m just really confused and all.”

“Why are you confused? Are you confused on what the sign said? Do you even know how to read?” The old lady said with concerned, she thought that the boy wasn’t educated.

Luhan let out another chuckle.

“No, no, you got it all wrong.” He said while waving his hands, he thought while the old lady was still talking to him, might as well ask, so that he his problem would be solved.

“I’m just confused. Can I ask a question?”

“Sure, what is it? “

“Where could I find the princess?” He doesn’t know whether the old lady would take it as a joke or a serious question. That’s why he hoped that he would get an answer full of information, an answer that would lead his mission to progress.

The old lady was quite surprised, “You’re looking for the princess eh?”

A sudden voice came up. That startled Luhan as ever.

“She’s right behind you.” The lady with an angelic voice said.

He looked at the direction the voice came from.

‘She’s beautiful’

‘Amazing’

‘Gorgeous.’

Then I felt my heartbeat getting faster and faster. What is this feeling?

 “Hey? Unknown-guy-who-was-looking-for-me! Are you still there?” The princess said while wavering her hand across the face of the zoning out Luhan.

He flinched, and shook his head while the girl let out a cheeky smile.

“H-hey, I’m Luhan by the way.” he dropped the clothes that he was holding and insisted a handshake. The princess happily accepted the handshake and introduced herself

“And I’m Eunji. Just call me Eunji, not princess, I’m kinda uncomfortable if you call me that.”

Luhan was rather distracted because of the beauty of the girl that he didn’t want to let go of her slender, soft, and milky hand.

Eunji smirked, “You could let go of my hand now.” She playfully said while letting out an eyesmile which made the heart of the boy more flattered.

Comprehending what the girl said he quickly retracted his hand away from hers. “Oh, right.”

Luhan blushed.

“Cute, you’re blushing. Now let’s go and start the mission shall we?”

--

 

As Eunji was leading me to the place, we found ourselves in the dark woods; I was guessing it was already half past 7, considering that it was already dark. While walking on the path, it wasn’t scary as you thought it would be. The forest had lighted lamps so it’ll be less terrifying. I guess. There was a great amount silence. It usually would be awkward if I was with another person but with Eunji, it didn’t. I decided to break the silence because there was a question begging for to be answered and was quite bothering me while on our long walk.

“Where are we going?”

“Well, were going to a town. Once we arrived in the town, you will be the one guiding me, and not the other way around; I’ll just follow you and stuff.”

I let out a long mum while my lips were pressed to each other as a walked in the path. I already changed into my costume. I was wearing a white undershirt that was hovered with a brown piece of cloth that was again covered with armor, and black sleek pants that were also armored wrapped my legs. And to top it off I wore knight’s boots, which made me really look like a knight. Which I guess I was?

After taking an hour long of walking, we finally reached the town. I didn’t want to know what the town was called, I had no time to ask, and as soon as we arrived I lied on the green grass and shut my eyes close. I’m so damn tired and my feet were killing me, as if I walked the whole universe. I looked at my watch which had my stamina and life points. This mastermind gave it to me before I fled off to this unusual world.

STAMINA: 30 pts.

I couldn’t manage to lose more stamina points, I closed my eyes again. I need at least 2 hours to rest. Thinking about the 2 hours of sleep got me excited, but of course before sleeping I should inform the princess,

“Hey, could we just rest for a second; I’m so tired, as you could see.”

I fluttered my eyes open, she didn’t reply to what I said. I don’t see her either. I glanced around looking for the missing woman. How could she be gone? Did she leave me?  I closed my eyes for merely even a minute, and now she’s nowhere to be found, until my ears perked up to a familiar angelic voice.

“LUHAN! HELP!”

Oh shoot.